Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
12catcrazy

A BPAL like my shampoo, conditioner, gel & hair products

I'm looking for a BPAL fragrance for my very first imp pack that might be reminiscent of Prell shampoo.

I believe it was a mix of mainly citrus and anise with some jasmine and lavender, over a base of warm musk, and cedarwood.

Anything come to mind? Especially if you are familiar with the scent.

I'm looking for a BPAL fragrance for my very first imp pack that might be reminiscent of Prell shampoo.

I believe it was a mix of mainly citrus and anise with some jasmine and lavender, over a base of warm musk, and cedarwood.

Anything come to mind? Especially if you are familiar with the scent.

I've never tried any BPAL that smells like Prell. But someone else did here HTH

ETA: Ack! I'm sorry. I thought it worked...I'm floating in space...earth to catattack, over....

What I was trying to do was link to the "If you like ___ then you'll like this product" thread. There was a post from AmandaMayhem stating that Phantom Queen smells like Prell. But I see she has posted on this page now. :blush: Sorry for my lack of teh technical skilz. Sorry mods for my goof up.

Edited by catattack

Hey, catattack, I am seeing a broken link there? Maybe your cut and paste didn't work correctly or something. Let me know if I can help w/anything modly ;)

So I'm a little bit in love with one of the shampoos that I use. It's by a brand called Organix and I know Walmart currently sells it. The specific scent I use is tea tree mint which is, obviously, tea tree oil and mint. Is there anything that BPAL has that is similar?

The only one I can think of is Ultraviolet which is mint and eucalyptus. I haven't come across a BPAL that obviously contains tea tree, but then I haven't sampled a huge number of them either.

What you could do is go the the bpal site and use the search for anything with tea tree and mint; from there, you can click on the name to link to here, to the specific reviews of fragrance that could work.

Hope that helps! PS try Temple Viper (I think) in the snake pit of Carnivale Diabolique.

What you could do is go the the bpal site and use the search for anything with tea tree and mint; from there, you can click on the name to link to here, to the specific reviews of fragrance that could work.

Hope that helps! PS try Temple Viper (I think) in the snake pit of Carnivale Diabolique.

I'm not sure if you were suggesting the snake with mint, but that would be Green Tree Viper - Snake Oil with four mints, bergamot, and green tea.

So I've recently become addicted to John Frieda's Root Awakening Hair Line (green bottles), and I think most of that has to do with the SMELL. It is heavenly, and the complete opposite of the scents I usually love.

It's heavily minty, with something sweet but still light, and a tinge of eucalyptus. It's almost like a light, chocolate mint mixed with a clean, high end shampoo smell and eucalyptus.

If anyone has smelled it and can think of a BPAL dupe, or can distinguish something based on my pathetic notes, I would really appreciate! I'm such a foody lover/mint hater that I am bowled over by my love for this scent. I highly recommend the products as well, in case anyone was curious!

So Thin Mints drizzled with luxury shampoo and garnished with fresh eucalyptus. Yumm.

Oh, what a genius idea - I love this line of products, too. The smell is amazing and I'd love to see what people can come up with as a BPAL dupe, as it would be a lovely fragrance to wear in the summer.

The JF website says it's peppermint and eucalyptus. I think it's soft, wet eucalyptus, not that dry stuff that you see at the craft store that smells a bit waxy.

I tried a sample Ojon Hair Restorative Treatment, and I am in love with the scent! Can anyone help me identify a BPAL smell like it, or even a non-BPAL smell like it, or which ingredients I should look for in BPAL descriptions? It smells to me like tobacco and incense rolled into one. A very woodsy smell.

Here are the ingredients, but since perfume has been added, it's possible that the other ingredients are not the source of that smell at all: Elaeis Oleifera (American Palm Oil) Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, & Citric Acid, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto Extract), Citronellol (roselike odor derived from citronella oil), Linalool (liquid distilled from certain essential oils) & Parfum, Prunus Africana.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there earlgrey - and welcome to the forum!

Hopefully you will get some responses from other Ojon fans - but I thought you might find these threads helpful too:

Tobacco scents

Incense Scents

Sometimes it's hard to find a forum member who's not only tried a lot of BPALs but has also tried the hair product (or perfume, or candle, etc.) that you've posted about, but since you like tobacco and incense notes, you might find some recs for stuff to try in the meantime.

Hey! So I recently got the Gosh Hold Me Baby hairspray, and I absolutely love the scent. I'm still new to sniffing things, so the most I've got is that it smells sweet, maybe red-berry-ish (strawberry?), I think medium-light musky?, and it's got a bit of some kind of sharpish clean floral that seems almost aquatic but not "pointy" like jasmine... I may be way off. Sorry for vagueness :( Google doesn't have any information at all on the notes, at least that I could find, and I really don't have any experience picking out individual notes. If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be super helpful and appreciated! I would love to smell like this all the time. Thanks! :)

The Suave Moroccan shampoo and condish- yeah...Morocco lovers gotta try it.

Girl say whaaaaaaaaaat? I've been intrigued by these since Nouveau Cheap did a review on them (love her), and now I'm basically legitimately putting on sweatpants to make a 2:30AM CVS run. Must. Smell. Now.