Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
grrrlennyl

Lotus

at first: beth included this as an extra, since i'm a pisces, too, and it is beautiful. watery and sensual, with just a touch of sweetness in the background. unbelievable.

on: unbelievably beautiful. a watery and sweet flower. i love it!

half an hour later: very pure and very sweet. almost like pure sugar cane. lovely.

1 hour later: really, really nice. it's still sweet. i like this.

2 hours later: this is even sweeter now, but it smells a bit fuller. wonderful.

overall: i love this! thank you so much, beth! this is definitely a favorite.

Sweet, sweet, sweet. Literally. I always thought lotus had more of a bite to it, but this is sugary sweet. My friend may have put it best when she described it as "liquid smarties." Like of all the single notes, it's amazing how you can start picking them out in other things. This note makes up a good deal of the sweetness in Forbidden Fruit. It's not entirely unpleasant, but I'm not all that sweet of a person...

this is incredibly sweet, almost overpoweringly so, it kind of reminds me of bubblegum of some sort

Lotus

In the imp it's that lovely sweet almost bubblegummy floral that is lotus. But on my skin, it becomes even lovelier, it's not just bubblegum, it's a lovely sweet slightly watery floral…it's a beautiful, light scent which is quite exotic and luscious, I think. This was what Forbidden Fruit and Glitter dried down to, a lovely soft sweet floral. Dry on the skin, it develops a slight tartness or dryness which adds more complexity, but still with that gorgeous exotic scent, light and feminine, slightly powdery, very sweet, slightly heady (but not overpowering or sickening at all), and after about an hour, there's a slight hint of a slightly buttery or oceanic/aquatic note (which is unusual, but quite nice!) which was totally unexpected...I'm pretty sure that BPAL uses different Lotus notes in certain scents, as this is the lotus in Glitter, Paris, Forbidden Fruit and Undertow, but is slightly different to the lotus in Blood Lotus, Black Lotus, Cairo and Egyptian Temple (which I'm sure both contain lotus, though the notes aren't listed)

It's surprisingly complex for a single note. This can be worn as perfume on it's own. I wish I had a big bottle!!!

Edited by yeahbutnobut

Bottle (Imp): Bubblegum-y flowers.

Just On: Really juicy bubblegum-y flowers.

An hour or two later: Much less bubble gum, much more flowers now.

Around 6 hours: Barely there flower.

12 hours: A touch of soap, mostly my skin.

Overall: I *love* the bubble gum part of this. The rest is kinda meh, but the bubble gum is great.

After reading other reviews: I get massive bubblegum, apparently more than others. I like that. It doesn't dry down to be as watery as I might have thought, but I do like the dry down well enough.

120198307.jpg

BPAL blends which use Lotus (vs. Lotus root, Black Lotus, etc.) as one of it's ingredients:

Forbidden Fruit, Frost Moon, Glitter, Kali, Kurukulla, Naiad, Muse, Ophelia, Pandora, Paris, Shattered, Strawberry Moon, Undertow

In the bottle

Wow, so feminine, bright and watery. It's almost a fruity floral.

On

Just an insanely gorgeous scent. I mean it in and of itself is a perfume, it's so damn good. Actually this floral smells almost like pears in syrup. Wow.

30 minutes

This is usually the time some Lotus EO's starts smelling mushroomy to me but it is a long lasting scent this pretty little thing. It hasn't morphed into anything remotely mushroomy and it's been 40 minutes. It's just lovely smelling.

Throw:

a bit more than average

Scent category:

Floral

Summary

It's medium in strength, and it has an above average lasting time on my skin. It Starts out a clear, bright, pear-mixed-with-jasmine smelling, watery floral.

Purchase again?

Yes, so good.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Edited by UltraViolet

First sniff: Wet bubblegum! This is exactly the fake-sweet scent I get from a lot of the lotus blends.

Wearing: Yup, very much bubblegum. Pink juicy bubblegum.

Lotus went on with a blast of that fruity-bubblegummy scent that I recognize from several blends. In the drydown, though, I'm surprised by how mellow it's become - the sweetness is still there, but it's much rounder and more floral, less 'Bazooka Joe'.

I love the Lotus singlenote, it's one of the few florals that I genuinely like. I'd probably even get a full bottle of this one if I could.

First on it's the sweet bubblegummy note that I've come to like in so many blends. But it's a sort of watery sweetness. It dries down to that same sugar water, bubblegum, and happy brightness.

Watery, sweet, pleasantly soft floral.

The closest that I've come to a blend that matches the singlenote is Forbidden Fruit, which I also find to be very soft and lovely :P

Lotus - This single note is bubblegum sweetness with the tiniest hint of something green and bitter in the background. I've never found Lotus blends to be unappealingly sweet, as it apparently works well with my skin chemistry, but now that I've smelled the single note, I can definitely see the aversion some people have to how bubblegum pink this fragrance is. I like the scent, but wouldn't wear the single note solo. I definitely prefer it in blends. It has fairly light throw, but it does last a bit longer than the average single note lasts on my skin.

In bottle: Sweet, almost fruity floral.

On me: Play-doh. Not that I dislike the scent of Play-doh, but for perfume? I'll probably give this one one more shot, but then may end up swapping it.

Bubblegummy and floral and sweet and ethereal and meditative and beautiful.

After a dry-down, there is a hint of cedar/pencil shavings that I think may be due to the bottle being almost 5 years old, and half-empty. (read: may have gone "off" slightly.) Barely noticeable, but I'm mentioning it anyhow.

I really really love this, and will give it a very warm home. :P

So lotus on wet to me smells like... nail polish remover. Fake fruity nail polish remover. As it dries, I get more of the bubblegum coming out.

Overall, does not play well with my skin.

But yes, sweet bubblegum.

I don't think this note has aged very well (or maybe it's my decant), it's kind of stinky in the beginning. After a few minutes I get a watery, sweet, and slightly tart floral, I don't get much of the "bubble-gum" type scent that's usually associated with Lotus.

I received a decant marked Lotus SN in a circular swap from a super generous forumite and am just now getting around to skin testing it.  It is sweet, sweet, sweet.  It's that bubblegum floral I've come to expect when I see "lotus" as a component.  I don't see myself wearing this as a perfume, but I'm delighted to have it to train my nose.