Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sarah

Bordello

A decadent, deep perfume, lusty and luxuriant. The scent evokes images of velvet-lined Old West cathouses, tightly laced corsets, rustling petticoats and coquettish snarls of pleasure. Bawdy plum with amaretto, burgundy wine and black currant.

Upon first application, I didn't think I was going to like this. (Although goodness knows, I really wanted to!) It was a little bitter at first, and spicy in a way that vividly reminds me of being in clothing shops India. (I think I'm getting the incensy-ness others mentioned, but only in the inital wet stage.)

The plum slowly comes out and steps to the center stage, rounding everything out with lush, luxurious PURPLE. There is a tiny hint of tartness along the edges. A splash of amaretto, too, but without booziness.

With time, it just becomes more and more delicious, in a dark and fruity way. I am in love. :wub3:

Fruits and my skin chemistry are foes to the death! This had the same restroom freshener tang that a reviewer experienced. Instant scrubber, bah! 

Wet, bordello is like the strawberry shampoo I used as a toddler. Big fruity sweet playtime. Definite herbal essences, lush rose jam minus the rose vibes. Fruity fun. Linear, stays happy fruity and jubilant. I would have loved this when I was younger. 

Gummy sweet berry dumb fun. Not picking up any booze elements. Sweet sweet! Clean, as in not particularly dark and dirty but not detergenty or soapy either. The drydown is pretty consistent, still sweet, fun, innocuous, playful. Flirty.

I think this would smell really good on a youngster or younger co-worker, but not me, as I prefer to smell like a 500 yr old bog witch lately. However it is definitely pleasant, and would smell good as a hair or toiletry product or lotion or if you're into body sprays.

Recalls a fun night out, or a first date, or some brush with a hotty at an eighties night. I would definitely adore this on the right person. Big time cute vibes!

Plum wine and currant. Very sweet and kind of clean too, I can totally see the shampoo resemblance. The wine note isn't super strong to me, it's mostly the fruit. It actually almost resembles grapes once it's dry, that might just be the wine note. The only flaw, and that could be due to my imp's age, is that it's completely gone in three hours. 

A shame this was discontinued, it's a pretty great scent! Will have to keep an eye out for a bottle.

In the imp: A very sweet, almost sickly, plum flavouring; suggestions of plum fruit and almond blossoms beneath.

Wet: This has all the potential for disaster on my skin, but I did it anyway. The plum is immediately tempered by woodsy stems of blackcurrant, with a bitter almond note emerging as it begins to settle.

Dry: Nowhere near the mess I was expecting! Its final form is a rich, sweet plum with a spicy wood accompaniment. Medium to heavy throw, 10-12 hour lifespan. A very pleasant surprise! 

Stars: ★★★½

Fresh berries but not too foodie. Smells like a feminine perfume. A little bit of cheeky booze pokes through