Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RaeiNarcissus

Peach Moon

Dew-covered peach blossom, white tea, moonlit musk, night-blooming jasmine, ho wood, and chrysanthemum.

I really wanted this to be my one true peach scent, but it just wasn't meant to be. The other components add an edge that just doesn't do it for me. Ah, well.

Good for wearing: until I find my one true peach wuv. :wub2:

Peach Moon

On: An insanely heady, fruity floral. Definitely peach blossom and I'm getting a lot of the white tea, too.

15 minutes in: A sweet blossom, almost bitter white tea, and heady jasmine. So prettty.

1 hour in: The ho wood is coming forward more now and the blossom is going a bit sharp on me.

1.5 hours in: Wood.

3 hours in: A sweet floral/musk scent.

3.5 hours in: Very faint. Sweet.

Overall: This is pretty, but I can't imagine wearing it often.

At first it smelled like soft pretty peach blossom and I was really excited, but then the floral notes came out. Sadly peach and jasmine is not a favorite combination for me. Although I like this a lot better than most jasmine scents because I like the peach in it... well, I'd want to wear something called Peach Moon when I'm in the mood for something peachy. And if I put this on, I'd be disappointed by it because of the jasmine. So I can already tell I just won't wear this. Even though it's pretty and I like it okay. I'll just stick to Tamora.

Peach Moon is such a great scent for me - I absolutely love it. It doesn't morph at all - the way it smells wet on my skin is the same way it smells five hours later. It's very much sugared peach blossoms with a hint of peach juice and a touch of a very light musk. Beautiful! :)

I don't purchase many of the moons because I am not a big risk taker, but I thought I might like this one.

Right off this one smells like crazy floral with a hint of flowery peach and probably musk. This stage lasts for a little while and is strong but gets better.

The latter stage, and eventually drydown smells of sweeter peaches, almost candyish, but not sickly sweet. There may be a hint of floral left but I think its mostly peach, musk and maybe the tea that I get the most of now. Dries down to a soft peach scent. Lovely.

In Bottle: Peach play-doh

On me: Soft, juicy peach with an underlying floral. The jasmine, I think. Every once in awhile I get a play-doh whiff, but not a lot.

Overall: This is nice and rather pretty, but it's a bit too faint for me. I think I'd like it more if it was less floral and more fruity.

Wet: Peach tea with some strong florals (Jasmine)

15 minutes later - wood and chrysanthemum start to show up

Drydown is a lovely faintly peach tea with wood and musk.

I like this one quite a bit...it's nice, soft and light. :) 3/5

Edited by Shollin
Removed Lab description

I wanted a screaming peach scent. Instead I got peach tea and florals. It's definitely pretty and it is peachy, but its not the bright PEACH! I wanted.

Peach moon starts off insanely juicy and sweet peach on me (almost boozy), but drys down to a softer floral peach tea scent. It's very pretty and feminine. Great for a spring/summer day.

I wouldn't have said it had a great throw, as I can't smell it myself unless I put my nose near my wrist, but other people have commented on it. (Good comments, always. :-) ) So it must have some throw after all, and my nose is just de-sensitized to it after an hour or so.

Also, I have the urge to start singing "I Feel Pretty." This may or may not be connected to the perfume.

I got my hands on some peach moon! Thank you CIRCAEA!!

In the bottle: I get that wonderful dry peach and Chrysanthamum with a big whiff of Jasmine.

Wet on Skin: Peach and Jasmine. But the Jasmine is tempered by the mums and ho-wood, which I'm happy about. Smells very nice on me. YEAH!

Dry Down: Everything plays so nice together. It's a brighter scent but a lazy bright scent. Like bathing in the sunlight. Only problem for me is that it doesn't last long. My skin gobbles it up. I have to sniff my wrist really close in 3 hours of putting it on to smell it. Why does my skin eat EVERYTHING??? I'm still enjoying this scent. I'll just keep reapplying it. :wub2:

Do ya know, I get so many compliments when I wear peach scents? Yet I have to be careful, because so many peach blends smell too strong or fake on me. I love the soft natural peach scent.

This does it! This has to be the most muted and yet still sweet peach but definitely "moonlightish" scent I've ever tried!

I get sooooo many compliments when I wear this, just because it is such a beautiful soft peach scent!

Thank goodness the jasmine and ho wood play nice and just do their part in the blend, never getting in my face. Usually those are dangerous notes for me that scare me away from a blend. But I got this for my love of peach in my earlier time here, and it was a fortunate win.

Even with the latest peach batches, this is still my all time favorite peach blend. The moonlit musk and white tea go with it just perfectly! I can't say enough about how lovely and understated this is!

There are few "soft and quiet" blends I wear, but this is so pretty it is one of them!

I was disappointed in this because I wanted a big ripe gorgeous peach smell, but it's still a pretty scent.

In the bottle: Sharp chemical artificial florals. Yikes.

Wet: Still pretty sharp, and I get that Herbal Essences note. Thankfully it died down pretty fast, and the scent didn't ever go soapy on me, but the 'shampoo' left a bad aftertaste (aftersmell?). I think this might be the chrysanthemum, which seemed to be softened later by the musk. The tea note was really strong on me at first, but then the peach blossoms started coming out fairly soon. A very light scent, in several senses -- if it were a colour it'd be pale pale pastel yellow.

Dry: Semi-sweet, pale, and quite faint. This is definitely more a light crisp floral than a heavy sweet fruit. It doesn't give me the headaches that typical light florals often do, but I think this is because it's more like peach tea, or white tea with a trace of peach syrup. Almost no throw, although it did last longer than I thought -- my skin seemed to eat it in about an hour and half, but several hours after that I was still getting faint little whiffs every now and then. Little Bird called it "perfume-sharp" which seems right to me -- not unpleasantly sharp like soap, but not what I wanted.

Verdict: Not a total miss, but not something I'll be wearing all that often, either. Maybe part of the problem is testing it in November -- it's definitely a spring/early summer kind of scent, or early spring.

Corollary: I don't like mums any more as perfume than as actual flowers, ack gag. I'm not that fond of carnations either, and now I'm a little nervous about Flor de Muerto, which sounded intriguing....

Pretty scent, but insanely peachy on me, like peach nectar sweet. I layer it on top of stronger solid perfumes that are too masculine or bitter and it is perfect to feminize the scent.

A random testing.

Bottle: Musky, smells “peach-colored” but more like skin than anything fruit or blossom, and not like crayons although that’s the color I “see”.

Wet: Sharp, almost acrid; tea and yelling jasmine and maybe green chrysanthemum stems or leaves, but not that flower. A bit “general cleaning product”, wet. Clean, though.

Dry: Tea and jasmine vanish, and the scent coalesces into juicy ripe peach fruit, which surprises me. I don’t know what peach blossoms smell like. Peach Moon for me dries to sweet, almost syrupy peach, which I do like.