Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RaeiNarcissus

Peach Moon

Dew-covered peach blossom, white tea, moonlit musk, night-blooming jasmine, ho wood, and chrysanthemum.

This is a very soft peach. It wears as a mostly white tea with a hint of peach and jasmine, *maybe* a touch of the mums. I didn't get any of the wood, but I also tested it far too soon after travel ;) I can't wait to give it a good thorough testing and see how it does!

I adore this perfume! I need to get more of it! :)

For me it's a perfect balance of peach and florals, it's very lasting on me, smells delicious.

Beth's peach note is usually really pretty on me, I love Eisheth Zenunim and The Gaoler's Daughter. Both are scrumptious on me--sweet and feminine. This peach blossom note is more fresh and crisp, it mellows after application but stays more like a crisp, white peach. The white tea and moonlight musk (which seems like a white musk to me) keep this fresh and almost sharp at first. The night-blooming jasmine does NOT smell like cat pee on me which is quite an accomplishment! I don't get any ho wood or chrysanthemum except as a light floral tone. This is a really unexpectedly pretty scent on me. I think it will age nicely.

This is a winner. In the bottle it is peach and jasmine.On my skin the peach mellows with the tea, and the jasmine is kept in check by the mums and the rest of it. It just makes me sad, because it is a fast fader.

I wasn't even tempted by the lab description (this bottle belongs to a friend) but I could smell delicious peach through the closed bottle and had to try it...

In the Bottle: Delicious peach, a bit spicy, a bit floral

Wet on Skin: peach is lighter, more wearable; nice floral aspect; vaguely sweet, vaguely musky

While Drying: a bit strong on the nose (the ho wood?); definitely getting chrysanthemum, but must be getting some jasmine too because I just compared wrists to live mums and the oil has another floral component. Wow - this will be the first time jasmine has worked on me. (though I read a thread recently saying jasmine and night-blooming jasmine smell different)

After a Little While: This is _not_ the typical type of scent I am drawn to, but this is enchanting. The floral aspect is heady but not cloying. The musk is soft and plays nicely with the other notes. The tea adds a bit of complexity and keeps this from tending toward just-another-floral. Oddly, the peach has mostly left the scene.

Later: musky floral, with wrists emphasizing the musk and elbows emphasizing the floral

Final Thoughts: love the henna-style bottle art; definitely not an every day scent for me, and I probably don't _need_ a bottle, but I plan to happily take up my friend's offer to decant a bit for me :kiss:

Peach Moon earns a 4/5 on me.

Not much to add here.. this is a lovely gentle peach blossom, sweet without being sickly, and light without being too faint. I agree with previous reviewers about this being 'blossom' rather than 'fruit' - it's definitely not a syrupy style peach. It reminds me very much of Tamora but far less rich and heady than the peach was in that one, and it's more clean and light than the peach in Aglaea.

The jasmine is very light and softly sweet, but comes out more on my skin after about 30 minutes.. unfortunately at that stage it began to overpower the soft peach but jasmine always does that on me - it's a big stinky bully. The white tea and musk are very subdued, and I honestly can't say I'm picking up any chrysanthemum in here but the ho wood is vaguely present far beneath the jasmine and peach.

Overall, very clean and pretty and light, stays close to the skin but lasts well.

The most interesting thing to me about Peach Moon is exactly how the peach blossom smells peachy. Have you ever eaten a peach that wasn't as ripe as you'd like, kind of still a little bit hard, and it wasn't exactly tart but it was kind of ... a little vegetal-tasting? Peachy, but a dry aromatic peach flavor that focuses on your palate and nose rather than one that juicily floods your mouth and tongue? That's what the peach blossom reminds me of. It's really gorgeous and I will look out for this note in the future. It's very prominent initially when the oil is still wet.

The chrysanthemum (I'm fairly sure that's what it is) floods in on top of the peach blossom, giving it a momentary sharpish herbalness. It's followed by a woodiness I'm going to assume is ho wood, and some soft lushness that I think is the musks, although I don't smell musk per se. The night-blooming jasmine emerges last. Along with the musks, which I think are closer to the white/translucent end of the scale, the night-blooming jasmine turns this into a well-blended, sophisticated, subtle, gentle pale (but not white!) floral.

Bottom line, the night-blooming jasmine and musk dominate this blend for me, with the peach blossom and ho wood in the background, which is a shame because I'd hoped for it to be the other way around.

Edited by odalisque

This is a bright fruity floral. It's peaches, jasmine and with a trace of bitter mum that attempts to combat some of the syrupy sweetness.

It's a little too cloyingly sweet for me. I love peaches, but this is more like peach syrup. Too much and you get a tummy ache.

I didn't expect much from this one. Although I love peach scents I amp jasmine in that horrible cat's pee way.

In the bottle it smells cold and slightly herbal with a rush of tart peach.

On my skin the peach blossom is cool and tangy like peach and white grape juice, backed up by a really yummy musk and a tiny bit of warm wood. The jasmine is staying firmly in check, not even a hint of cat and I can't spot the chrysanthemum at all.

As it dries down the musk and wood becomes stronger and the peach/jasmine floral is rich and round, reminding me of honeysuckle but it still has an astringent note, the white tea maybe, which is holding it all together and stopping it from becoming cloying.

This is really beautiful and I think I'll get quite a lot of wear out of it.

I've always loved peach, so this was a no-brainer for me. Peach Moon reminds me very much of Tamamo-no-Mae- not identical, of course, but very close sisters. If you never sniffed Tamamo-no-Mae and wanted to, try to get your hands on Peach Moon. Peach Moon is very much a floral with a faint breath of peach wisping around. I'm more familiar with the peach fruit-note than the peach blossom-note, and while I definitely prefer the fruit note, the blossom is very lovely, too. It's a cool, sort of airy note. I'm not a floral lover, but this one worked for me. It's not at all cloying or heady, which is perfect for my sensibilities. (Jasmine works out just fine on my skin, so I cannot comment on any screaming or cloying or cat-pee aspects, sorry.) As the oil dries down, the florals recede a little and the musk moves forward. There's an aspect to it that sort of makes me think amber, even though it isn't. I think it's my brain interpreting the "moonlight" as light, and it traces that back to amber. I'm not really sure. The white tea, which has been present this whole time, is more noticeable now, and it blends nicely with the peach blossom. I'm not sure that I smelled the ho wood so much as it provided a base. I agree that this is a very elegant, sophisticated blend. It's the kind of blend that I look at my fancy dresses and think, yes, but is it fancy enough? At the same time, I think you could wear it to work our out and about when you want to put on some real mental poise. Very lovely.

This is definitely peach. It's not a fresh or canned drippy sticky sweet or candy-type peach. It's the fuzzy soft smell of a peach picked fresh from the tree and some soft flowers in the back as an afterthought.

The Manly Guinea Pig likes it and suggested I wear it two days in a row. It's more mellow and less of a fizzy punch in the nose compared to the peach scent I got from Bath and Body Works. Definitely a keeper and I might find another bottle for my peace of mind.

This smells like the fuzz on a fresh peach! Not quite fruity but slightly floral. Peach blossom with fuzziness. AND then the Jasmine comes......And ruins everything. :rasp: I smell like a fresh bouquet of jasmine and gardenia soap. :sick: Must wash off now.....*sigh*

Peach Moon doesn't smell like peach or peach blossom at all to me. I get lots of white tea (which smells sharp, clean, and citrussy on me) and cool, slightly powdery musk, with hints of fruity-floral perfuminess. It's a very light, cool, clean, perfumey-sharp scent on me. It dries down to a light, clean powder after ten minutes and disappears entirely before I've even worn it for a full half hour.

I thought that I would really like this, but it's not so great on me. It's a little too sharp, clean and perfumey at first, and it has awful staying power and throw on me. I was hoping that it would smell something like peach :/

It may be chemistry, but on me this smells like the peach version of Alice. It smells like peaches and the milky/creamy note in Alice. There is a creaminess that smells like the creaminess of heavy face cream or body butter. And while I'm not a huge fan of the cream note in Alice, I do like Peach Moon. It's pretty and sweet. On me, this is a close to the skin scent, and lasts about 2-3 hours before fading completely.

I think you'd like this if you like peaches and Alice.

In the bottle: Peach scented shower gel.

Wet: Peaches and jasmine.

Dry: Peach ice tea with jasmine blossoms floating in it.

Many hours later: Sweet peach ice tea and cream. Delicious and innocent.

This isn't super peachy on me. It reminds me of a nice, but generic, shampoo scent, sort of like the original Herbal Essence smell, but a little lighter. I can't really pick out individual notes, but it's clean, light, slightly floral, and slightly fruity. It's nice, but I don't love it enough that I'd go out of my way to wear it.

I didn't read through all the other reviews so I don't know if anyone else got this but when wet Peach Moon was very fizzy and very much Peach wine cooler. It definitely reminded me of my teen years. The drydown is softer and more florals come out and it blends so amazingly well with the peach. This is a great combination of fruit and florals that ended up beautiful, I was lucky enough to get it in a swap and wasn't disappointed. It's fizzy peach with sweet flowers.

The only drawback is the throw is pretty weak and doesn't last all that long, I agree it sticks to the skin. So it's not one of those you're going to wear when you want everyone near you to be drawn into your perfume. But all the same it turned into a recent favorite for me. :)

Decant: White Tea and chrysanthemum

Wet on Me: Still the Chrysanthemum and white tea more than anything else.

Drying Down: this mellows out and gets faint very quickly. mostly just a slight mum-y tea scent

Dry: This is like a whisper in the night. Goes quickly and leaves an scent memory that makes you want more.

Edited by Shollin

Wet, this is like a peach cooler with a bit of an edge. Kind of musky in a way, actually. As it dries, the blend sweetens, and we're left with uber sweet peach cooler. Not really a peach fan, but I love mums, so this was a must try at least. No mums or tea, but I do get a musty, dusty vibe after further drying. Not for me, but the name of this blend makes me giggle like a 13 year old. :lol:

I decided to give this a real test after having sit for a time, as when I first got it, I didn't much care for it.

Looking at the notes, I should like this quite a lot, but I think the peach is just too bright for me. Wearing it today, it's not as bad as I remember, for sure, but it's still not something I can or would want to wear all the time... it's definitely a summer time only scent.

A strange phenom occurs with this. The air under my nose is very bright peach, but when I sniff my wrist, I get more of a dusty peach wood. Interesting!

Peach Moon

This is a lovely, bright springy floral on me. For once the jasmine actually behaves and doesn't turn sickly sweet (yay!!!) It's not very fruity/peachy on me, mostly floral. But it's a nice floral. Reminds me of a champagne cocktail. :yum: Unfortunately it seems to be fading quickly.

At first, it's soft peach blossoms with a bit of crisp white tea underneath but as it dries, Peach Moon becomes dusky and sultry. It isn't quite the dripping sexy peach musk that I get from Josie. Instead, it's more of a sophisticated, elegant naughty: like a quirked eyebrow and a bit of a smirk.

In the vial – Floral, but light white floral, mostly jasmine and some light notes with a hint of peach.

On the skin – All white floral; I can still detect the jasmine most clearly. A bit heavier on.

Dry – The sharp whiteness has faded only a little, a soft peachy scent wavers back and forth underneath. Sadly, it seems I amp jasmine, which is disappointing. Pass.

Peach and florals and something hazy-like. This is vaguely reminiscent of Unveiled but there's a depth to this blend that Unveiled lacks. The jasmine isn't smacking me over the head, which is a nice change. Nice, but I don't need to seek out a bottle.