Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RaeiNarcissus

Peach Moon

PEACH MOON
Smoke hangs on the stream,
The peach-trees shed bright leaves in the water,
Sound drifts in the evening haze

Dew-covered peach blossom, white tea, moonlit musk, night-blooming jasmine, ho wood, and chrysanthemum.

I was really hesitant about this, because me and florals often equal death. So, I went on a limb and tried it.

SO PRETTY!!! It's a really soft peach, and it lasted forever..... so nice. And it's not like any of the GC's i've tried, I was wearing Aglaea earlier in the day, and it's my pretty bubbly peach scent, and this is such a different peach. It's so warm and soft, i'm definitely getting this.

Bottle: Peachy! But it's a deep and musky woody peach, not the bright and fruity and springtime variety - it's like walking through a peach orchard, where you can smell them ripening on the branch, but you can also smell the branches and the nearby gardens.

On me: it's peach and wood for about three minutes and then here comes the JASMINE JASMINE JASMINE. The chrysanthemum just barely keeps it in check. I still smell the wood, and then there's that slightly bitter background of white tea, unsweetened. The peach gets pretty overwhelmed, but it still peeks out from time to time, and actually strengthens up again after about ten minutes once the jasmine has announced itself. It's a really fascinating morpher - I need to try it again when it's had a chance to rest, but I'm pretty sure this is going to age awesomely.

I find that after only one day I'm constantly picking it up and applying it, too - I'm really liking it so far.

I wouldn't recommend this if you have jasmine issues, though, particularly if you amp it. I foresee a lot of "cat pee" descriptions with the wrong chemistry.

Edited by marared

This is SO beautiful! :thud:

This literally just came in from the mail box so it may change once it has settled.

In the bottle: Peach blossom is there mingling with the Ho wood (or I can only assume since I am not sure how that smells on it's own) making this really pretty balance to the white tea. Gah, it's light and floral but not in the normal "floral death" way. Lovely!

Wet: Stays similar to the bottle. Yum, the white tea is lending so much beauty to this.

Dry: Morph!!! Jasmine got eaten by my skin. The tea took a back seat to the peach blossom, but more prominent is the moonlit musk, and ho wood. It is more golden and peachy then the light scent that I was getting at first. Yum!

Overall this is great. I love both phases of this blend. Can't attest to the lasting power of this one yet, nor the throw as I am just skin testing. I'll update after this rests a bit and I can do a full wear. ;)

Edited by Xanon

Just came in the mail today.

In the bottle, I'm getting peach and light floral. Very light.

On my skin, very peachy, but not fruity peachy. The white tea and musk notes are also very strong on my skin. Chrysanthemum is there, but not overwhelming. Happily, the jasmine is very subdued for me. Maybe because of the Chrysanthemum? I'm also not really getting the wood note either.

Throw is light and lasts about 2 hours on my skin.

Overall, I really like this scent. Glad I purchased a bottle and am eager to see how it ages.

Peach Moon is a surprise hit. It doesn't smell like the peach fruit, but it smells peach if that makes sense. It has a dominant white tea note, followed by the peach blossoms and white musk. I only get the barest hints of jasmine and ho wood. This one is a major keeper. It's very smooth and rounded and the pitch is neither too high nor too low. Stunningly elegant.

Peach blossom...not peach fruity, but peach petals...with a hint of the chrysanthemums and tea. If I sniff and try really hard I can detect the musk and jasmine. I think this will age nicely, with the musk, which is good because it makes me think of pastel colored summer sundresses and picnics. This isn't a fall scent for me.

A dusky moonlit peach on me; I believe the jasmine, musk and ho wood are mainly responsible for adding a shroud of mystery to the peach, which on its own can potentially turn cloying (bad body cream experience). For me, this is a good summer scent, because I dont do the pina colada/mango/papaya thing. B) It's lovely and ethereal.

Edited by Invidiana

I've been looking for a light but rich floral scent for me.

In the bottle: it's got a citrusy sharpness to its peachy fruit. Some florals are present, but not a ton.

Wet: OOH. The florals blossom, and they're soaking in white peach grape juice! OM NOM NOM NOM. This is a big vase of gorgeous white and pink and orange flowers soaking in juice. It's very flowery and fruity but lacks the heady sweetness of Forbidden Fruit.

Drying: Peach lingers and the flowers get smaller but are still very, very fragrant. Absolutely gorgeous. It's got a wonderful wood / leaf / amber backbone to it. It's very, very warm. Absolutely delightful.

OH MY GOD.

Why do I have to fall desperately in love with LE's?

If you are coming here to post a review of how it goes gross on you, SELL ME YOUR BOTTLE. Seriously. PM me and sell it to be, because I want to wear this scent forever and I'm a die-hard slatherer, so I'll blow through this bottle faster than you can say "dang you smell good!"

This is THE peach perfume I've been searching for! I love peach, and I once upon a time had a simple one note peach perfume oil by Frontier, but it's been gone for years.

This is just perfect for me. The peach is full and warm, almost heavy, but not overly sweet. The musk and ho wood give it a good base. The tea and florals on me don't kick up too much of a fuss, but contribute to fullness of the peachy smell.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making this! I love it.

In fact, I should buy more bottles of it so I don't run out.

Edited by Galatea

I was so excited about this, and it really didn't work for me!! I could smell peach only barely in the bottle, more blooms than fruit. And i definitely smelled white tea! Excited about the white tea, but once I put it on it turned old lady and soapy on me! Not for me at all! My skin did not like this! :(

Just got this today, it's been sitting for two days at home, eager to test.

In the bottle, this is a mix of vague fruits and florals, smelling kinda like Flora did, but more of a delicate blend. On my skin, this is a really vague floral blend, delicate, with a bit of musk. It's a cooler scent on me, and I definitely get the sense of peach blossoms in the moonlight. A keeper, for sure.

Also, have added this little ditty on principle:

YOU REMIND ME OF THE BABE!

Note: Upon retesting Katharina (Illyria scents), I'm finding a lot of similarities between the two, if you're looking for a GC equivalent.

Edited by Venneh

This is very pretty, cool, and fresh. It reminds me a lot of The Temptation, but I think I like The Temptation better, because I keep getting little sharp after whiffs of jasmine from Peach Moon. And sometimes the musk seems a bit too sharp, white musk does that on my skin sometimes. Lovely overall, but just not my style. :)

PEACH MOON

In the Bottle:

Peachy goodness - it smells like freshly sliced sweet peaches

On my Skin, Wet:

Peaches and Sugary Blossoms!

It's like peach slices served with candied rose petals or candied lilies (which don't actually exist IIRC); all while sitting under a blossoming tree warmed by the sun on an early Spring day.

On my Skin, Dry:

Fades quite a bit, but the scent doesn't morph very much.

The dewey-ness from the wet stage goes away but I still smell like fresh peaches with a hint of sugary florals.

Verdict:

One of the most delicate & juiciest blends I've ever tried from BPAL.

8 of 10 Ranking (only because of the drastic fade - probably solved in a scent locket)

This was a beautiful & suprising December Lunacy; I'm very pleased!

Thank you Labbies & Beth for the peachy treat :D

ETA: In the bottle this reminds me very strongly of a heavily peached Holiday Moon; could be the tea note that I missed earlier.

Edited by Akurarei

In the bottle this is the peach iced tea I was praying for. The peach is very clear and thin scent in this one. Nothing like the peach in the GC blends I've tried (les bijoux, tamora). It smells absolutely beautiful. The wood is very light and the tea just perfect. I was swooning by the smell in the bottle.

On my skin however it is completely ruined by the jasmine. The peach comes and goes on my skin strangled by the jasmine oil which always smells a little litter boxy on me. If the jasmine just were not in this one I would love it. But sadly jasmine is a scent I cannot wear and this moon may as well be called Jasmine Moon. Beware, if you cannot wear Jasmine then this scent will not work for you.

Doubly sad because I now have two bottles of the stuff I have to find a new home for. :cry2: I will let it rest for a week and try again as it has just come in the mail this morning. Hoping and praying it will work out. It has got good throw though and although it goes on very light it gets stronger on drydown.

Revisited After 24hrs rest I tried this one again since a bottle sniff this morning revealed no noticeable jasmine. I have to admit it smells a lot better on me, no litter box today, but I still think jasmine doesn't like me because it smells quite soapy and I've not had that experience with BPAL before. This is the 2nd BPAL I've tried with jasmine in it, the other was somnus and I wasn't paying much attention to how it dried down since I am usually asleep before that happens with Somnus. The peach is extremely thin and there's not a lot of body to this scent. I don't think I like it much still. Who knows maybe some ageing will assist the elements to play nicer and be smoother for me. Still put my bottles up for sale and if they don't both go I'll give it another shot in some months with a more hopeful mind. The tea is definately more prominent here today. Still don't get anything akin to dewy blossoms or moonlit musk though.

Edited by HamletsKeeper

1247117860_2ZANm-Ti.jpg 1247117927_LMSpD-Ti.jpg

I wore this Lunacy for the first time last night, after its arrival the previous Saturday. I'm thinking a 3-day rest period should allow for the blend to be as it was intended, right?

This is a lovely, light and refreshing blend, with enough peach to make my nose happy and yet it is not an overly sweet and cloying peach by any means. I got absolutely no bad jasmine (yay!) and the barest hint of ho wood and chrysanthemum, but the musk and white tea are there holding up the peach blossom: a pale and gentle Lunacy which soothes the senses and lulls one to sleep, to dream of a Spring to come...

Or maybe...

the Babe!

1247117908_RK47b-Ti.jpg

Edited by stellans

In the bottle- I took a big first whiff and Holy Jasmine, Batman!- I could almost taste it! But then on the second and third *delicate!* sniffs the peachiness came out, not a foody peach but peach blossoms.

On my skin- Initially it was almost a powdery floral, which surprised me. My mother could smell it from the kitchen, which was odd because I could smell it only when I had my wrist right under my nose.

Drydown- Warm, soft floral musk. Sitting under a peach tree on a moonlit night. Very nice :) But barely any throw on me. It definitely clings to my skin. Perhaps I AM the peach tree in the moonlight... 8D

Verdict- Love the scent, I can't pull my nose away from my wrist long enough to type complete sentences! It certainly makes me feel elegant and naturally seductive. *sways her branches in the evening breeze*

Note- My younger brother even found the scent nice, and he's not a perfumey type of person! I took this as an EXTREMELY good sign.

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I'm not all that into fruity scents, so my first thought upon reading the name "Peach Moon" was "oh well". Then I read the description of peach blossom and of other florals I like. I bit.

In the Bottle: Light and airy peach, woods, and gentle cool florals that give it the night-time quality required of a Lunacy.

Wet: The peach impression is there, but it's definitely not a fruity peach. It's the blossom and more woods and tea at this stage. I'm not getting a strong jasmine impression, which I know is a Note of Doom for many people.

Drydown: The florals perk up and take the edge off the herby woods. It's a little sweeter but still a very cool scent.

Verdict: I think I like this a lot!

This perfume smells hot to me. It's a hot, sultry day with almost no wind, where the flowers are so strong and sweet that they're almost overpowering.

I love peach and jasmine, so this was a no-brainer for me, and it smells fantastic, but not at all what I was expecting. On first blush, this actually smelled like honeysuckle, that's how stong the jasmine was. But then the peach asserted itself, and the jasmine tamed down to a sweet floral, just vaguely overlayed with peach. It's beautiful, but it's definitely a strong scent, and very sweet. This will probably end up sitting untouched and unloved until next summer, and then I'll wear it to death.

In the bottle, Peach Moon is straight white tea. On my skin, it's strongly white tea, some musk, and a hint of peach blossom. This is nice as is, but I'm hoping aging will bring out the other notes.

In the bottle: Peach, white tea, chrysanthemum. uh-oh, jasmine...

Wet: Oh, no, jasmine! dang it! There is peach and chrysanthemum. We'll see what happens.

Dry: Jasmine, peach blossom (definitely blossom, not fruit), and white tea.

This is VERY sophisticated. I'm not sure how often I'd wear it. We'll see.

In the bottle, this is very pale and pretty -- the peach is definitely a peach blossom, and not the juicy fruit. The white tea adds a bit of astringency, and it has a very sophisticated, elegant vibe to me.

Unfortunately, on me, the florally jasmine kind of takes over in a way that is just not working for me. It ends up being primarily a soft floral scent, and it's not bad and slightly peachy, but it's pretty much jasmine tea with a bit of a peach kick on my skin.

I definitely wouldn't recommend this one if you have jasmine issues, or if you're looking for a more fruity peach scent.

Yeah, this is a morpher. In the bottle, it's all fresh-sliced peaches, with a tiiiiny bit of jasmine, but on my skin, those two notes trade places in terms of prominence. A little tea comes out too, and another floral that I thiiiiink is chrysanthemum?

So it mostly ends up being florals with a hint of peach, and the florals start out being kinda obnoxious and nose-itchy, but they mellow out after fifteen or so minutes. After the scent has settled, it's pretty nice...I like jasmine, and the peach balances it out very well.

In the bottle: Peaches and something heady. Mm, jasmine. It smelled humid to me, if that makes sense.

Wet: Peach peach peach. But soft, definitely blossoms. Something sharp in the background too, not bad sharp, just more spiky than the peach.

Dry: It's very fresh, and predominately peach blossom on me. However, when I get close to it, I can smell the jasmine and something that might be the wood? I'm not sure, I don't have a great nose.

I really like this - it's pretty much exactly what I wanted. It isn't much of a morpher on me, and the peach blossom is always present. I kind of worried that it'd end up being all jasmine and the other notes, but nope. It's very pretty, not too full-on, but it has a good throw.

This is so pretty! I'm so glad I took a chance on it, as it has one of my notes of death in it. That would be jasmine, which often screams jasmine soap once it hits my skin, but not this time. I'm not big on florals, but peach blossom and mum are exceptions to this. I love the peach blossom in Tamora, for example.

Peach Moon smells like a thin, delicate peachy tea smell in the bottle and on me during the dry-down, but then the peach blossom note deepens and blends well with the tea note, and the musks, mum, and ho wood give it a little more body and just a tiny bit of a spicy smell. It has pretty good throw too. I put on a tiny bit but I can still catch some wafts of it now and then even when I don't have my nose right there.

I think it's fading quickly, though, so we'll see.

Wow! Peach Moon is spectacular. My only regret is that I didn't buy multiples of this when I had the chance.

This is over-ripe peaches bursting with juices. The musk seems to really amp the peach blossom and chrysanthemum. This is really full and vibrant. Thank goodness jasmine is not really prevalent. It kinda comes in screaming and immediately heads right to the back.

Seems like a funny month to be testing something with peach inside so I am more than likely goign to file this away until the temperatures warm up.