Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
bLissKite

fizzy, sorta carbonated, sparkling blends?

Geek.Goth was a fantastic lemon-lime soda scent. Polynesian Pop was great in the imp but sadly doesn't play nice with me. My fizziest GC so far has been Twenty-One, not as much citrus to me but the same vibe as Geek.Goth

Szepasszony always smelled a little like a glass of lemon-lime soda to me. I wish I bought a bottle before it got discontinued. (At least I still have my imp.)

Ok anyone have any recommendations for ICE CREAM SODA type blends? I suppose I just want elements of sparkling fizziness, sweetness (think sugary and may be a little syrupy but not nauseating), creamy (doesn't have to be quite like ice cream but a nice heavy cream or milk would be lovely, like the milk in Alice even?), and may be even a bit ethereal?

I know right? In my dreams, but may be something with at least a few of those characteristics? Help would be great!

Ok anyone have any recommendations for ICE CREAM SODA type blends? I suppose I just want elements of sparkling fizziness, sweetness (think sugary and may be a little syrupy but not nauseating), creamy (doesn't have to be quite like ice cream but a nice heavy cream or milk would be lovely, like the milk in Alice even?), and may be even a bit ethereal?

I know right? In my dreams, but may be something with at least a few of those characteristics? Help would be great!

Ok, I would SO like to know if there is a scent out there like that too!

Love's Philosophy smells like cream soda and vanilla ice cream on me; it's delicious!

On a stranger note, I was huffing Hand of Glory, one of my all time favorites, last night, and said to my brother, "This smells carbonated." Odd, but true! Like carbonated beeswax and amazing-ness.

Seconding 2010 Yule Kingdom of Sweets. FIZZY! Mother Ginger was fizzy to me too...yum. :)

Love's Philosophy smells like cream soda and vanilla ice cream on me; it's delicious!

Just tested a decant of Love's Philosophy I had lying around and you're right! Cream soda! I don't get any kind of sparkliness or fizziness from it though so that is a touch disappointing, but may be with a bit of layering... And now I'm on a hunt for Love's Philosophy...

My skin tends to dampen volatile top notes, but the most effervescent blends I've tested are Nostrum Remedium and Slippery Poppy Tincture, both GCs in the Pharmacopoeia. The wasabi (yes, it really does smell like the real thing) in NR gives it a zesty, almost fizzy verve, and the acai berry does the same in SPT. I won't be surprised if all four Pharmacopoeia blends are like that.

There's just no beating Bon Vivant for sweet + fizzy. :yum: Not creamy, but it would layer well if you wanted to add strawberries and champagne to a creamy scent like Milk Moon or Dana O'Shee for a strawberry milkshake effect! :thud:

I got a bottle of Old Man Ackerman's Instructional Toys and to my surprise it has the same fizz as Pink Champagne. To me it's a orangey fizzy perfume, very sparkly and happy.

Resurrecting this thread because I have a question!

Does anyone know what makes blends smell fizzy, since they're not actually carbonated? Does it have anything to do with juniper, or am I just cray-cray today?

Does anyone know what makes blends smell fizzy, since they're not actually carbonated? Does it have anything to do with juniper, or am I just cray-cray today?

I would not be entirely surprised if this were the case -- my boyfriend reads a lot of my fizzy blends as "fizzy mixed drink," and I think this may be because of the juniper/gin edge that some of them have.

I love fizzy blends -- I have bottles of Bon Vivant, Polynesian Pop, Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel, and Harlequin, and I've been searching for a bottle of Peach Champagne.

Edited by astarinel

Resurrecting this thread because I have a question!

I also think white musk tends to make scents rather fizzy but in more of a sparkly kind of way. They are almost zingy! Ehecatl has that quality a lot on me! Very sparkly lime!

Champagne, chocolate and cheap sex is like a slightly chocolately 7-up scent, and I definitely get a cream soda vibe from vespertillio proterus (bats '12)

The Anti-Saloon League is supposed to be like a root beer float. I've never managed to try it myself, though; it's pretty hard to find. :(

The Anti-Saloon League is supposed to be like a root beer float. I've never managed to try it myself, though; it's pretty hard to find. :(

I ended up finding a bottle of Love's Philosophy and that is nearly the perfect cream soda type blend! Its not as ethereal as I originally wanted but its creamy vanilla sugary and zingy in an almost bubbly kind of way! I love it :D thanks for the info about Anti-Saloon League... I may need to find it now bc I love root beer. But idk if I want to smell like it :)

I get something sparkly from Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat - maybe it's the lime + champagne grape? Some people (self included) get a bit of a cola or Dr. Pepper vibe from fresh Voodoo.

Mother Ginger! Fizzy, citrusy ginger ale.

I get something sparkly from Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat - maybe it's the lime + champagne grape? Some people (self included) get a bit of a cola or Dr. Pepper vibe from fresh Voodoo.

This is making me crave TTLB soooooo baaaaaad. ;-;

Is anyone else familiar with the incense sticks called "Fizzy Pop"? If there were a BPAL scent comparable to that, I would probably spend entirely too much money to acquire it.

I got a little bit of fizz or sparkle (not to the extent of a champagne blend) from Rigorous Love - maybe it was the lemongrass and mimosa.

Can anyone who's tried My Happy Day comment on the fizz factor? It sounds promising, with the "effervescent" elemi and champagne grape.

I will also second Last Year's Bat's day Vespertilo Proterus - which smells like a gingerale float! (gingerale and vanilla ice cream!)

the fizziest scent I've come across is the Labyrinth blend, Goblin Cider. It smells exactly like the Angry orchard Ginger Apple hard cider tastes!! so good!