Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
bLissKite

fizzy, sorta carbonated, sparkling blends?

are there any fizzy blends you can think of, boozy, fruity, or otherwise?

...like soda, maybe a gin gimlet, or overripe mangoes?

fermented kombucha tea, even? pear cider?

or maybe not due to drinky-foody notes at all?

it's autumn 2009, and i just realized there's no better time than now to figure out how to effervesce!!

Bon Vivant is champagne and strawberries I think, it's fizzy. I found candy Phoenix to be a fizzy candy as well. I can't think of any others at the moment but I know there's more.

Edited by cfrancesca

A lot of the Luau Lounge, or Tiki Bar scents, were fizzy (especially, to my nose, Te Po, Blue Fire and Golden Wave.) They were LE, but you may be able to find some in swaps. More recently, the summer LE Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel had a very fizzy quality too. Last Yule's LE The Magi was also very effervescent.

Among GCs, I would particularly recommend The Hamptons as a superfizzy perfume.

are there any fizzy blends you can think of, boozy, fruity, or otherwise?

...like soda, maybe a gin gimlet, or overripe mangoes?

fermented kombucha tea, even? pear cider?

or maybe not due to drinky-foody notes at all?

it's autumn 2009, and i just realized there's no better time than now to figure out how to effervesce!!

The fizziest blend I have ever smelled is Independent, a fizzy lemon cola sort of experience. It was an unreleased "frimp with purchase" LE. You may be able to find it on the forums.

Edited by obsidienne

Off the top of my head, Blue Fire, Champagne & Cigars, Bon Vivant, and the Tiki's that have already been mentioned. Also, Pruno. Try typing "fizz" or "fizzy" into the Lab's search page.

Edited by Indig0

Bizarrely, I find Bewitched and Eau de Ghoul to be effervescent; they both remind me of ginger ale:

Bewitched
(Bewitching Brews) - Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

Eau de Ghoul
(Gaiman/The Graveyard Book) - Dessicated skin coated in blackened ginger, cinnamon, and mold-flecked dirt, with cumin, bitter clove, leather, and dried blood.

(It sounds gross, I know - but it's not.)

The fizziest blend I have ever smelled is Independent, a fizzy lemon cola sort of experience. It was an unreleased "frimp with purchase" LE. You may be able to find it on the forums.

I second this. Independent is the fizziest BPAL I've ever smelled, even hours later.

The Hamptons is a fizzy, fruity scent. It's crafted after a Cosmopolitan (one of my favorite girly drinks) and it induces happy feelings when I wear it.

From the GC, Stimulating Sassafrass Strengthener is pure fizzy rootbeer, Bov Vivant is strawberries and a touch of the bubbly, and I find Persephone to be an effervescent scent.

In LE's, Earth Ox is super melon soda.

I second Pruno!

It's an L.E. but not exactly hard to find.

It's QUITE fizzy, and much more wearable than the name and description would lead you to believe.

Edited for acronym abuse.

Edited by Beazlebabe

Twenty-One is the fizziest scent I've ever smelled, and one of my favorite gin scents. I practically expect it to start bubbling on my skin when I wear it. Any of the scents with "gin" listed in the description have at least a little of that sparkling, fizzy, refreshing quality to them. And Te Po smells like Dr. Pepper and dark spice on me <3

thanks, everyone!! i haven't tried any of those blends before, so now i've got a great list to work my way down.

for anyone who's still reading along, do ozone blends ever tend to have a bit of crackle-and-pop fizzy-ness about them?

Ozone doesn't really fizz on me at least, but I'm thirding (or whatever) Pruno. Very, very fizzy.

Twenty-One is the fizziest scent I've ever smelled

Seconded. And it's a General Catalogue scent.

Wiley's Swamp is lovely, bright, and a bit fizzy. Kind of reminds me of grape soda (even though nothing in the notes remotely suggests that!)

Water-logged and rotting wood, fallen chestnuts, oak leaf, bog laurel, and Virginia creeper.

Don't be scared by the description. It's really pretty.

I can't believe nobody's mentioned Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel from last summer. That, to me, is the fizziest fruity BPAL ever.

Bitter Moon! It is my standard "fizzy" blend, although YMMV -- it makes me think of fizzy carbonated water. It's not very sweet, just fizzy and a little prickly. Also Snow Angel, but you have to really be okay with sweet for that one.