Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Venneh

Crib Girls

Seven honeys under one unkempt roof, with fiery-tart cubeb and dusty cardamom.

Mmm, crib girls, I had high hopes for you and you did not dissappoint me! :yum:

In the vial and while applying I can smell something a bit spicy, but pretty much immediately on skin this turns into yummy tart and sweet lemon honey cookies.

During the full duration of wearing the scent I get awesome lemon honey cookies. In the beginning the lemon is stronger and as the day goes on the lemon fades into the background, but it is lovely and tasty beginning to end. At the very end it turns a little powdery, as honey tends to do on me, but just like O, it's a lovely powder that I enjoy!

I've already ordered a bottle and can't wait for it to arrive so I can slather this scent on with abandon! My decant is not going to last me long with how much I'm putting on! Edited by Shollin

Oh boy!!! As soon as I opened this up...I wanted to eat some candy!! So I give it a Chomp!!

Then I put it on...OMG!!!! I smell like a hard lemon candy... :yum: This is the first (and so far only) Bpal scent that smells on me, just like in the bottle!! So over all on my grading scale of I'm Not Hungry-Chomp!! this gets a well deserved Chomp!! :P

This is true honey base note with a hint of lemon, though the overall scent manages to be ever-so-slightly spicy on top of the sweet. Moderate throw, and I have to really slather to get this to last, but it's fun and girly nevertheless.

I just got my bottle of this! I'm testing it today.

This has a definite lemony note. Very sweet, slightly tart lemon. It's similar to the lemon in Phobos, which smells like lemon drops on me. It's layered over the honey notes, which are very wonderful if you can wear honey. There's something in it that tickles the nose - not spicy per se (at least not on me), but giving the blend a bit of a twist.

The lemon starts off super potent, but burns off and chills out pretty quickly. A light, fun, summery kind of scent. Puts me in the mind of lemon-honey iced tea, but sweeter. I can almost detect the different types of honey based on the other blends I've smelled. I get similar honey notes to those found in the following blends: Litha '09, Mead Moon '08, Pumpkin I '09, The Gaoler's Daughter, Argrat-Bat-Mahlat.

I can see this being a fader, but right now it's lovely.

I tried this on at the will-call today. Crib Girls did not sound like anything that would interest me, but I was curious. It smells like honey lemon tea on me! The honey does NOT smell like cheap, fake sugar goo as in so many scents these days do. This will be good during the hot, sour, stinky summer months. It's a nice daytime, weekend at home kind of scent. I'm glad I bought a vial.

Bottle: Sweet lemon to the extent that it almost smells a bit like rotten lemons.

Wet: Minimal improvement. No it smells like a dead ringer for the lemon-honey flavour of those semi-gummy lozenges that come in the gold pouches and are wrapped in gold foil.

Dry: The lozenge scent never really leaves. It calms down a bit and I get a warm sort of lemon candy flavour with a bit of cubeb bite over a honeyed base. This reminds me a lot of Mead Moon but a little less medicinal. It's quite nice, I just can't shake the association with being sick.

Throw: Good.

Overall: If not for the unfortunate dry stage I'd probably like this more. As it is, if you are running low on Mead Moon or are desperate to try it, you may want to give Crib Girls a try.

I used to use Fresh's sugar cubes in my bath. I love the Lemon Sugar scent that Fresh puts out. Well, Crib Girls smells a lot like that to me. It's the cubeb, which is also a note in the Fresh fragrance. It's tart, lemony, and fresh. I don't smell the honey very much and that is okay by me. Yay for cubeb!

Much like previous reviewers, I get a Fruit Loops vibe from this. The cubeb adds a tangy dimension here that is not unlike lemon. The honeys don't go off on my skin at all, they stay creamy and sweet. The cardamom comes out much later in the drydown. By the time it does, this scent has taken on a similarity to O. This is much like O on my skin, but with a little bit of tang and spice. It's nice, but I much prefer O, and they're so similar on me that I don't need both.

In the bottle - Honey and some sort of light floral

Wet on me - Lockets, honey flavoured lockets, smooth, slightly sweet and golden

Dry on me - Lovely soft sweet, lightly spiced honey. Delicate but intricate like layers of lace

Overall - I love honey and I love this. It's much more of a perfume honey than a foody honey, but it's gorgeous

Wow! This smells like a honey lemon cough drop! (The ones that are more like candy than medicine.) Very tart/bitter lemon and sweet honey, with a little of cardamom's spice.

As it dries, the lemony twang backs off and allows the cardamom a little more throw. The tartness really cuts through the sticky honey. Softly spicy, citrussy, and sweet. I really like this after about 30 or 45 minutes. Wearlength is pretty short, though. :\

Not sure I'd use a bottle of this, but it's a fun scent and I'll enjoy my decant during the summer, I think.

Sweet with slight lemon in the imp.

Once it goes on, the lemon comes out much more. I get the lemon pledge but it tones down a bit later and then...i agree...Fruit Loops. So bizarre. Sweet, but not really sexy. Not what I had hoped for, and if i had read these reviews and saw the lemon, I wouldn't have been interested. Who didn't get excited seeing 7 different honeys. This might be hit or miss if you are a honey fan.

I am so madly in love with this scent, I can't even begin to describe how much I like it. I need a big bottle of this NOW!

Lemon is something I don't normally consider for myself, so I got a frimp of this and tried it on for the sake of science. I was terrified I'd smell like furniture polish, but instead I smell like delicious fluffy lemon tarts. The lemon is just sweet enough without being overpowering, almost like lemon candy, while the honey grounds it and the cardamom adds a hint of spice. It also has a great throw on me and lasts for several hours. I am so, so happy I tried it!

imp: whoa! this smells very strongly lemony!

wet: it takes a while for any other scent besides lemon to come out but after a while, it turned to a sweet, lemon-spice scent. not at all what i was expecting. this doesn't really smell like cubeb to me but i suppose that's what smells so lemony.

dry: this dries to the pure, uncut scent of lemonheads... sweet, sweet lemon.

Sugar circus!

This is so froot loops like everyone else said. weird! There's a burst of creamy honey and lemon when first applied, then warms down to boiled sugar fruit punch. Smells like that sugary free drink mistake ya make at the bar after 2-martini-impared-judgement-time. ;)

I remember sniffing this ages ago as a proto and remembering it as "7-up"-a fizzy lemon limey scent.

I still get that lemon-limey vibe from it as I sniff it in the bottle, though I don't know where the heck I am getting that from. Also DEFINITELY get the yummy sweet honeys! Like fizzy honey syrup with a squirt of lime and a touch of cardamom/spice.

Oh wow-this is lovely-this partial I got might not be enough! It's a GORGEOUS honey scent-sweet and bright, with a touch of tart, sweet lime-the dusty cardamom keeps this from being too much of a sugar high. I love this! It goes so well on my skin!

Not a morpher-this dries down just like it smells wet and fresh on my skin. Absolutely lovely! I definitely don't think the partial I got will be enough!

I love honey, I love cardamom, and I love the concept of this blend in particular. I'm fascinated by the history of prostitution and of New Orleans alike.

In the vial -- Ooooh. A rough around the edges, fiery sweet honey blend. There's nothing delicate about this one!

Wet on the skin - Strepsils. Strepsil honey and lemon throat sweets. This does not make me happy.

Next stages -- Still strepsils. I'm very saddened by this, as I don't want to smell like throat sweets.

Dry down - I haven't got that far. I'm going to wash it off. Poor Crib Girls - looks like it's back on the street for you.

If you like this, try - Hetairae, Osun

Yummy, yummy, delicious honey! It's that lovely bright-lemony honey from Hony Mone AND the rich dark-sweet honey from Honey Moon AND that warm appealing vibe from Bezoar, all rolled up into one. This is gooooooood and, despite having an imp and a half already, may have to be a bottle purchase.

Did I mention YUM? Just checkin'!

Something about this called to me, I don't know exactly why. I like citrus scents, so I wasn't scared of the cubeb which everyone says smells like lemons. The only honey scent that has not gone rancid on me is the Berry Moon from last summer, and I love it in the deep summer heat. We've been having such unseasonably hot, humid weather that I guess I thought it would work out!

Anyway, wet I get a lot of intense bright lemon. It's sweet tart lemon, and Phobos is the only thing I've smelled in BPAL that smells the same to me. (which is odd, because there are no listed notes in common...)

The honey is there and for a few minutes, I was afraid it would go sickly-sweet gross.

But it doesn't. Dry I get much less lemon and the cardamom comes out to play. Honey heavy, languid, but with a sharp beginning. Sweet-spicy and interesting!

bottle: lemon hit! Then the honey curls in.

wet: The lemon makes my mouth water and the rising cardamom helps it along.

Dry: I smell like Entemann's crumb cake.

Yum.

Wow! Honey, lemony berries, spices? I guess what I'm smelling is cubeb, which to me smells just like a Meyer lemon, and I like it. The honeys make this very sweet too, like lemon cake. Little bit of spice too, but it's not doing that usual funky cardamom thing. (Maybe I like cardamom...I'd have to reconsider my whole wishlist if that's the case!) And it seems like cubeb also smells a bit like raspberry or something, because it's totally reminding me of raspberry lemonade.

It's really citrusy! And I like that! Not what I was expecting, but I don't know what exactly I expected from this. But honey berry lemonade, lemon cakes, and a bit of a spicy tinge? I'm all over it.

In the bottle, this smells of super sweet honey--just like huffing honey from the jar.

When this goes on, it is instantly a lemony herbal honey.

Later, the tarter lemon/herb parts burn off, and i swear it ends up smelling like honey with a smidge of white chocoloate.

Overall: a very nice honey blend, very sweet, quite "true" to real honey. I was hoping to get a wallop of cardamom (which I love), but never smelled it. Even so, this is really pretty. Simple, sweet, and easy to wear. I can see myself going to this as a standby on days when I just can't make up my mind.

Edited by jewelbug

In bottle: lemon drops

On skin: tart lemon candy

Half-hour later: honey has appeared, but this isn't the aggressive O-type honey, this is sweet and lighter

In conclusion: this was like candied lemon with a little bit of light honey. I love the sweet honey blends and this one's delicious. :yum:

Okay, I apparently amp the cubeb in this to insane levels. The honeys are there, but muted, and the overall effect is very lemon furniture polish. The cardamom isn't showing up to the party at all. I may try this again at some point, but this particular bottle is off to the swaps.

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

I think I amp cardamom, because this? It smells almost EXACTLY like my beloved Gypsy Moth! The honey in this isn't your traditional honey. This is sweet and sugary, like a really good honeyed tea without the tea. Honey with lemon. The cardamom adds a bit of smokiness, and the cubeb adds something that registers to my nose as a tart and slightly minty undertone. Overall, this is pure love.

Edited by plainjean

Crib Girls

On: This is like a super creamy version of the lemon Strawberry Shortcake doll (Lemon Meringue) from the 80s. This is a complete and utter compliment. I am in love.

An hour later: Still very strong. Smells the same as when I put it on. It reminds me a little bit of Phobos, but creamier and sweeter. Love.

3 hours later: Amazing. So creamy and lemony. Sigh...

Overall: Yeah, a definite keeper. I'm so glad I have a bottle. I have the feeling I'll wear this a lot.