Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hackess

Countess Willie

Chocolate plum musk, red musk, amaretto, candied fruits, and red ginger.

This is SEXAYYYY. I snagged this as Bordello is my one true BPAL love, and all the comparisons made me have to have it. It does indeed smell very similar to Bordello, but richer and warmer. A more humid, swarthy Bordello. This has a lot of notes that don't usually work on me, but somehow this really, reallllly does. The only note that Bordello and the Countess share is amaretto, so that must be what is the big winner here. I can somewhat smell the chocolate note if I really think about it but I would not classify this as a chocolate scent. I think it's the chocolate and the ginger that make this so rich. I'm glad I conveniently overlooked the red musk, as that would have probably steered me away. Red musk usually takes over everything on me and makes me smell like a dusty dude. Not at all here!
This is sweet, plummy, decadent, sultry, and very womanly. This is what I want to smell like on a hot sweaty summer night drinkin' and dancin'. It's the smell of bold bar flirting after too many drinks. And that sly little face looking back at me from the bottle feels like the Countess giving me a knowing wink and her blessing for sexy shenanigans! I'd never kick Bordello out of the bed for eating crackers, but the Countess is my new main squeeze <3

I love red musk and red musk loves me, so I had high hopes for the Countess and she does not disappoint. I was worried that this would smell too foody, but not at all - it is perfumey but in the best way - aromatic and complex and appealing.

A strong blast of amaretto at first and I'm loving it. But if it is not your thing, don't worry, it burns off fairly quickly leaving just a hint of sweetness in the background. The red musk is there, a little sharpness from the ginger but the *OMG wow* factor is definitely the chocolate plum musk. What is is this crazy sorcery? Smooth and beautifully blended but distinctively musky and chocolatey and, best of all, gloriously plummy. A+++

Edited by joopjoop

Wow. This has aged into a bottle of Snake Oil's sultrier sister! It is drop dead gorgeous. I actually prefer it to Snake Oil. It has so much more depth.

Edited by tauntonlake

I was gifted a partial bottle of this, and was so happy to try it! I amp amaretto, so I applied nervously. I got a blast of it on my skin, but it faded quickly as the chocolate and plum bloomed. This is a gorgeous scent. While I agree with comparisons to a chocolate Bordello, it is also a kissing cousin to Midnight Kiss on my skin. Love this!