Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Xanon

The Smilin' Servitors' Hyperdimensional Holiday Hits

A discordant scent, silvery and strange like a lunatic's tinsel garland: freesia, eucalyptus, and yuzu, with sicilian lemon, massoia, opoponax, night-blooming jasmine, white bergamot, and copaiba oleoresin.

Wet it doesn't really smell like anything in the bottle, as soon as it hits my skin; it smells like celery to my nose at least. Very watery celery which I put my nose more to it, the freesia and the yuzu are coming out. It reminds me of an old Gap Perfume called Air that was a tad brighter, but it's definitely coming into my mind as I sniff it. It puts me in a very happy place, a very summery scent. There is a slight soapyness to it as it dries more. The soap smell thankfully is going away as it dries, giving more of a cirtus teaish scent. I like the scent a lot more dry then wet, and I agree with another person saying that this'll be good to scent perfume or use as a room scent. On myself I can see wearing this to sleep because it sticks close to skin if anything else. It switches between soapy stage and then clean citrus floral stage. As it dries more, it hits this stage and stays like this for awhile. I'll keep my bottle for now and see if it mellows out any allowing the florals to come out more.

Imp: Bright citrus and freesia.

Wet: Caramel AND celery. WUT?

Dry: Like Deiicide, I get a really strong celery smell out of this. Or more like celery dryer sheets. There is something clean about this but ultimately? Celery. So freakin' weird. Maybe a bit of pepper too. Totally odd.

Throw: Mild.

Overall: I think "WUT?" sums it up. This is totally not what I was expecting and I'm not exactly sure where to go from here. Maybe no more yuzu?

Definitely freesia off the bat. Yuzu is muted however. Eucalyptus is giving this a tangy back. Floral, sharp, strange, silvery. Pretty accurate~

Warms up a bit on drydown thankfully however retains its bite!

Getting the first sniff of this blend was a rush...
This is a glittering, rubicund percolation of nuclear cheer!At very first, Smilin' Servitor's Hyperdimensional Holiday Hits is a High-Octane hybrid of juices and blooms...
This stuff is like a toss up of Fruit-Punch, Wine and frosty bits of Meteorite... Something a cyborg would swill.
This is also like an intergalactic flower that floats through air. It is very nearly acrylic and communicates by pulsing at different, colours, lumens', and frequencies, also subtly changing in perfume.
While very good and festive, Smilin' Servitor's Hyperdimensional Holiday Hits really reverbates weirdly in the frontal cortex, stimulating abberant impulsivities.
On the skin, Smilin' Servitor's Hyperdimensional Holiday hits glitters with a scintillating ferocity.The fructarian attributes have mellowed somewhat, and the focus is more on the metallurgical, interstellar blooms displaying their serrated smiles... Interesting.
While this fragrance is bizarrely cheerful one moment, the very next it... Scuttles closer and peers into you with a dismaying array of clinical eyes.
Quite spooky!

The lovely Wife offers her critique: Fruit Loops and Mosquito Repellant.
The Dawg: Would rather sleep...

The notes in this that are the easiest to distinguish via novice nose are the Lemon and the Yuzu... Maybe a smidge of the Eucalyptus. It is likely the Jasmine and Freesia blended together flawlessly, that generates the unreal florals...
On a scale of 1 to 5, this one easily deserves a 5. Smilin' Servitors' Hyperdimensional Holiday Hits could well be unisex, though smells like it has been skillfully formulated to suit Her body chemistry.
A blend to be applauded!

A frimp :D Not discordant at all - floral, creamy, refreshing and wet. It dries down to jasmine, bergamot and a squeeze of lemon. Fresh and bright, but not my kind of scent.

Oooh. very pretty and sweet. A very cold blend but not sterile, its sweet and a bit fruity. I smell almonds (though I know they are not listed), faint lemon, snow and flowers.

Later, this is mostly soapy floral and quite a bit strong with the faint scent of toasted, yes I said toasted, nuts. Odd combination.

I love the comparison between this and a tinsel garland. I always loved the bizarro metallic scent of the tinsel garland. The Smilin' Servitors' Hyperdimensional Holiday Hits is a really interesting, unusual scent. In the bottle, it's yuzu and lemon and bergamot. On my skin, it's all that and freesia, kind of citrusy and slightly soapy, but mostly bright and cheerful. Love it!

(2009 version)

ITI: Oh, that's a rather bright and clean scent. I get wonderfully tart lemon with yuzu and slightly soapy floral, which is usually freesia for me. It's still pleasant despite the soapiness.

Wet: Lemon, ripe yuzu, freesia, thickly sweet massoia; hints of bergamot add to the scent's complexity.

Dry: It's much more reminiscent of a Glade plug-in now with strong freesia and jasmine with swells of lemon and mild bergamot. It is strong enough to make me sneeze.

Edited by mymymai

2012 version:

Very odd- it smells so familiar, especially in the bottle. Rather like evergreen car freshener, with a bit of basil and nutmeg thrown in. Wet, it blooms gradually, becoming more and more complex, the citrus appearing, but sharper than lemon or lime juice, more like the smell of their peels. Finally, roasted chestnut comes through as it dries, while the herbal citrus fragrance remains. I was underwhelmed by this oil at first, but I've become completely addicted to it, and no longer wear anything else. There's got to be more notes in this I can smell because none of those fragrances are generally my thing. I just wish it lasted longer. I think it would be perfect for autumn. It's funny, somebody said that this would make a great summer scent, but on me, it's so sharp it belongs in the colder months. This smells to me like looking at the Christmas window displays in New York City when I was a kid. I can almost hear the slush under my feet.

(2012 version)

ITI: Yuzu and bergamot. The yuzu, however, really dominates the scent in the bottle.

Wet: Why, hello there yuzu and lemon. I see you want to just jump off my skin today. Hanging on to the exuberant citrus, I get the bergamot, hints of eucalyptus, and the oleoresin.

Dry: Lemon, yuzu (still dominant), but not nearly as overpowering as the oleoresin and bergamot soften and deepent the scent. It's interesting, and something that I'd like to smell like more often.

Edited by mymymai

2012 version

Lemon, yuzu, hints of basil that turn into a really CLEAN laundry detergent. I mean, seriously, your clothes would smell awesome if this was a detergent.

.... Or a soap! It would smell awesome as a soap. No lie.

Perhaps hyperdimensional holiday hits end with a nice shower?

Hmm...as others have mentioned this smells 'yellow' in the imp.

On wet it is a bit discordant, likely the sharpness of the yuzu mixing with some of the florals.

On dry I like it better, the bergamot comes out and plays nicely with the lemon. It is only lightly floral for me at this stage, which is good. The eucalyptus is hovering, lightly, in the background, giving it a cool quality. I could see this being nice in the warm months.

While I wasn't sure I liked this when on wet I think the drydown is quite nice. I am getting a tiny bit of 'soapiness' now that it's been on a bit longer. I'm undecided on this one, so it'll get another test before I make any drastic decisions. ;)

Edited by Wren12

(I give thanks to MarketFresh--at least, I think it was her--for pointing out that jasmine and night-blooming jasmine are two very different things in the perfuming world.)

I wanted to highlight this in case any of you are, like me, hating jasmine. Night blooming jasmine really *IS* a totally different floral, thank all that is unholy.

In other news, this is a fresh, citrus scent with just a sheer veil or floral - very fresh and bright and sharp but not really "juicy". Amazing pick-me-up scent for the winter and a big winner for me :joy:

This is a bright, tart citrus with a splash of light floral. It kind of reminds me a bit of Phantasm, but more lemony. I love me a good citrus, and this one behaves for about half an hour, and then goes a bit fungus and soapy on me. I blame the yuzu, it has never worked on me. It was gorgeous while it lasted, though, and if you like a good citrus, and your skin can handle yuzu, you may want to try this one out. Oh, it also reminds me of that lush lemon soap Bohemian in it's good phase.

Edited by milo

Fizzy and effervescent like a light citrus soda!

On first sniff, this reminded me so much of Intergalactic that I had to get it out to compare. There's a similar citrusy fizziness to both, but Smilin' Servitors doesn't have the same light floral/musky background, it stays a light citrus and fades to a powdery herbal.

I think this will become a favourite summer scent, since it has so much light and bright energy to it.

Bright and powerful first impression! Yuzu and lemon and eucalyptus, a scent that says “get the hell up and start moving!” I'd been looking for a wake up scent recently, so that makes me happy. Freesia and jasmine are much more present later on, though still backed up by a whiff of citrus. A nice fresh floral. I like this one, and the yuzu makes it just different enough.

This is an odd one, maybe because of the formulation, maybe because the imp I got is several years old, but I like it. In the bottle there's a very fresh citrus/eucalyptus smell. It goes on as eucalyptus and I think yuzu is that grapefruit note. There's something that reminds me of a cleaning product, although not in a bad way. A little white bergamot comes in, and then it settles as that light yuzu/eucalyptus. (Yucalyptus?) Reminds me of what I hoped Arcana's Filthy Viking would be.

Happy, bubbly and bright, this'll warm up the coldest days in winter!

It's got slightly slithery and questionable undertones that are somehow still enjoyable and work very well into the blend, reminds me of the strange undertones reptoid dominion has (which I LOVE)!

It's only the slightest bit soapy/clean but not in a bad way. Where can one get a ticket for this rad concert?