Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A lighthearted winter scent: chilly vanilla rose snowballs! Dainty, soft, and certainly unfit for flinging!

2011 version. So, what I smell is not at all what other people smell with this.

In the decant: Not cold at all. In fact it is a very warm vanilla with cloying floral perfume. Not just rose. I like rose, this has some sort of 'white' flower in it that I always find gross.

On skin: Super sweet vanilla and rancid flowers. It's disgusting and I'm baffled that it is so popular. Is my nose broken? Edited by Altaira

This is the '09 version.

At first, when I applied this, it smelled similar to the other "pink" blends I've tried (Pink Phoenix, Pink Moon, etc). This is a good thing, because the "pink" stuff usually works on me.

Then it started smelling an awful lot like Snow White. This is NOT such a good thing, because Snow White and I are not friends. On me, Snow White is fake "tropical breeze" air freshener and plastic doll heads. Wet, so is Pink Snowballs. This is not what I expected at all. :\

Alas, dried down, it is still much the same. Icky Snow White with a hint of weak rose. Well, at least that's one less LE I'll need to hoard.

This smells exactly like the description it's absolutely lovely. However, it doesn't have a lot of throw so I really needed to slather it and it disappeared after an hour or so.

2011 version

Initially I got the same plastic note that most of the Monsterbaits give me, but it smoothed out after several minutes. A soft, pretty rose and light-vanilla scent, very fluffy and dainty.

Nice, but not my cup of tea.

Edited by OctoberGwen

2009: Simply put, this is Snow White with a delicate, fresh rose note on top. In the bottle and on my skin, it's the same. What's great about the rose in Pink Snowballs is that it is so subtle and unassuming. It's not in-your-face or overwhelming, so even rose haters would love this. The throw is on the light to medium side. This could be worn throughout the entire year, and is too freaking classy for words.

2011: Maybe it is because I only have a vial of it, but to me, this year's isn't as fragrant and rosy. Even the Snow Whiteness in it is more subdued. Unfortunately, this year's goes through a plasticky phase. On the dry down, the plastic note dies down a bit but this still isn't as fragrant and lively as 2009's.

This is for the 2011 version.

In the bottle: Tea rose, vanilla, and just a touch of the icy snow note.

Wet: Much as when sniffed.

The dry-down: This lovely scent does not morph. :) I've had my bottle for months, and when I first tried it, it seemed a little high and sharp. Aging just a couple of months has worked wonders, and it's gorgeous! At the same time, without a side-by-side comparison, I don't think that this is quite as good as the original from '09. However it's still beautiful and elegant. I also still don't see the comparison to Snow White. It's a very different scent in feel. It's more like The Rose, but with vanilla cream and the icy snow note.

I am new to BPAL and my first love was Snow White. I obtained a decant (2011 version) of Pink Snowballs recently and have to say I looooove it :wub2: It does remind me of Snow White but is a little more subtle (less sweet) and has roses on top. The rose note quickly fades to a soft hint of rose. It has low throw on me, but that is fine, I am not always in the mood for in-your-face kind of perfume. I think I will have to find a bottle of this one... :yum:

Pink Snowballs (2011) is basically a hybrid of Snow White and Alice on me. It has the soft sweet floral of Alice with the chilly whiteness of Snow White. It's girly and very delicate, but it has decent throw and staying power on my skin. The rose in this blend is beautiful and soft, like the big pale pink roses my Mom grew in her garden when I was a kid. I can see why it goes plasticky on some people but thankfully it stops just short of plastic on my skin, just like Snow White does. I have to admit that I kind of like the almost-plastic effect because it reminds me of barbies and toys on Christmas morning. :lol: After a few hours the icy note amps up and pushes the rose to the background. I really like Pink Snowballs a lot, but I haven't decided if I like it enough to hunt multiple bottles when I already have Alice for my super-girly days.

Like other people have said Pink Snowballs smells very similar to Snow White and I can also smell the similarities to Alice too. It's sweeter than Snow White ... it's like Alice with snow!

I put this on early in the morning before I went to work, and it lasted all day! I even got a compliment that I smelt nice and that was in the afternoon. So, it has really good staying power.

I like Pink Snowballs, but I think that I prefer Snow White. Pink Snowballs has something in it, which has a tendency to turn sweet on my skin. This is much nicer on the dry down, the sweetness fades away. Overall though, I will use this alot and will definately re-order if it comes back for 2012 Yules!

Ohh... yeah, I get the comparisons to Snow White. I picked up a decant of Pink Snowballs not really expecting it to work on me, and sure enough... yeah, not so much. Oddly enough, it smelled a little bit like Red Vines when I was applying it. It was pretty nice when wet--soft vanilla with rose. Not really my thing, but nice. And then when it dried, I ended up with the same kind of plasticky I'm-not-sure-what I ended up with when I tried Snow White last year. I expect that if you like Snow White and other soft, pretty scents like that, this'll be up your alley. And if those aren't your thing, then this won't be, either. :)

In the bottle, it's a very sweet, almost cold-creamy, snowy.rose (if that makes any sense).

Wet: Same as above. Very pretty, and I hope it doesn't morph too much because YUM.

Drydown: So far so good, and it stays true to the bottle for a couple hours before the rose fades a little and it gets sweeter (I seem to amp anything sweet).

I have layered this with Rose Red...just the teeniest bit because that baby is STRONG... when I feel like bringing the rose out more and it's lovely.

This is so feminine and beautiful - glad I got a backup bottle!

I had Snow White first, so of course I associate this scent with the former. However, it is unique enough to justify owning both perfumes. It starts out uber-creamy on me, almost exactly like Snow White, but then the rose starts to come out more and it becomes a good mix of that vanilla-coconut scent from Snow White with a pretty, soft rose. Pink Snowballs is like Snow White's softer, more subtle sister.

Pink Snowballs 2011-

In the Imp: This is really sweet. Lots of vanilla- lots. I actually didn't get anything chilly or floral. Just VERY sweet, sugary vanilla, very warm.

Wet on my skin: This is quite possibly the sugariest thing I've ever smelled!

Drying: Oh, now it becomes a beautiful sweet, feminine, vanilla-y pink floral. Gorgeous! Except...after a little bit it begins to dance between beautiful pink floral and baby powder before finally settling into full-on baby powder.

Drydown: And baby powder rest of the way.

It's a beautiful fragrance when it settles down onto my skin and begins to dry, but it's too fleeting to make up for the baby powder scent, sadly.

Edited by Ren

2009 version--

Mostly rose in the decant, but I love rose, so yay, rose! Once applied... Oooh, does this ever work on me: it smells exactly like the description, both wet and dry! Rose mellowed out with vanilla, with a chilly undertone that reminds me of a nippy December or January afternoon. Very soft, but very beautiful. (It also passed what I call the Brother Test, because my twin bro really liked it.) This is a huge winner. I MUST HAVE MORE, OMG.

I can see the resemblance to Snow White - it has a similar soft coolness - but Pink Snowballs actually reminds me more of Possets' "Baby," although it works better with my body chemistry. (Something in Baby goes sour - probably the rose - but Pink Snowballs behaves itself.) Rose is unreliable on my skin, but the rose in Pink Snowballs doesn't get too high-pitched, turn acrid, or amp itself to high heaven. Overall it's a nice, subtle, feminine scent - good for when you want something sweet, youthful and girly that doesn't go into all out candy territory.

I was disappointed when I opened the bottle. Also disappointed when I put it on. I thought this would be the perfume for me, I love vanilla and I adore rose. But Pink Snowballs smells to me like a common teeny-bopper perfume with a pop star's name on it. It's not bad - I can see why a lot of people like it, but I just don't. Off to swap!

2012 decant

Wet smells like yummy pink roses. On skin smells of rose and powdery vanilla. The powder blends in becoming a more creamy rose. Might need a full size. For reference I like this along with the Peacock Queen. This is a younger version, in the middle... A subdued, pleasant rose. Less bright than Red Rose, but not as mature as Peacock Queen.

2012 version

To me, this is Snow White when she was younger. White skin with pink cheeks :) I do also invision very sweet and light fluffy and pink cotton candy. I don't find it to be so much "winter" as I do Snow White. Actually it is more likely I will wear this on summer evenings, when I want something really light and romantic, for a walk on the beach in a summer dress. But that's me. I prefer the darker scents, but will enjoy this half bottle I got for sure.

This is for my 2012 Yule decant from Ralenth!

ITI: A very young Snow White, carrying a bouquet of fresh pink roses in one pink-mittened hand, a snowball in the other.

On Skin: Wet, this is a softer, lighter version of Snow White kissed with innocent rose.

Dry, the snow note has faded, leaving a delicate pink floral bearing only the faintest resemblance to Snow White. After about half an hour, the snow note drifts back in, along with a sweet hint of fruit that is almost cherry, but must be the vanilla & rose.

There isn't much throw, but it is long lasting. The light snow note lingers hours later, mixed with an almost musky warmth. It's nice, but I'm on the fence about whether or not I need a bottle.

In the bottle: A tea rose, with a bowl of sugared snow near-by.

Wet: More tea rose, less sugar or snow.

The dry-down: Much as when wet, but is fading. I still believe that the 2009 version is best. Hopefully this version will do better with some aging. I do not get any comparison with Snow White. To me, it is more like a chilly and sweeter version of The Rose.

Wet, seriously? Why did I not try this before the Yules went down?? This is pretty, dainty creamy vanilla with only the barest hint of rose. I had originally dismissed this without trying it, as I didn't like the first incarnation of PS. Dry, not the same, kind of like an after-sun lotion, or moisturizer. Still, I like this, I'm kind of weird, and like lotion-type scents. Perle Von Mauren is one of the bests imo. I still may hunt down a decant, as it is quite nice. Wet, it would be lovely for a wedding, but I'd have to wear a scent locket to get the same effect.

ITB: IT's pale pink roses, a little green, and vanilla that adds an interesting creaminess to this scent.

Wet: It's very similar to what it smells like in the bottle, although the creaminess/vanilla is stronger on my skin.

Dry: Ah, the rose comes back out. It reminds me of a younger version of Rose Red with it's vanilla note and the impression of pink rather than red roses.