Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A lighthearted winter scent: chilly vanilla rose snowballs! Dainty, soft, and certainly unfit for flinging!

If you can make any allusion to BPALs Snow White, I am there.
But I am not sure about this one. Not sure how a perfume can color your mind, but god this is PINK!
Pink and rosy and where is my little miss Snow? Instead the roses bloom and leave me teetering on the
edge of powder. No!!! (powder seems to be default fail on my skin). Still the threat is there but it never
fully makes the jump across the line of powder. Still snow white never did manifest.

I have since tried it again, and there was a moment where I could almost hear her laugh. But this time
it was just a soft young pink rose affair. Hmmmm. Perhaps with time SW magic will amp? time will tell.

Strong floral but not pungent and nauseating. Another favorite. Don't usually do well with rose or vanilla but they balance each other out perfectly despite my tendency to amp florals.

In the bottle: Snow White. The vanilla playdough and coconut smell of snow white.

Wet: Snow White and roses. That's a little better. Although it still smells like playdough to me. Sweet playdough.

Dry: Roses. Pink and red powdery sweet roses! With a hint or plastic Barbie doll playdough...

Overall: I read the reviews of this scent before getting it, and I knew it would smell like Snow White(which doesn't work on me at all!), but I had to try it anyway because of the rose note. I love the rose note, but the Snow White scent is still there. I'll age it and try it again.

Oh this is so lovely and ...PINK....

It smells like a hot bath filled with milky oil and rose petals floating on top. The window open allowing the cold winter air to sneak in.... :heart:

As others have said before, it's soft and definitely pink hued. As me and my fiancee were commenting, it's like Rose Red and Snow White had a child, and this was the container. Roses normally go all soapy on me, but the lily musk and vanilla are keeping it tempered. There is sloshy snow notes that keeps it tempered. It smells the exact same wet as dry on me, and the throw is amazing. I only put it on my lower wrist, and it was enough to waft the whole room. Glad I have a bottle.

I agree with the Snow White reviews. This all Snow White to me with just a touch of rose. I don't love rose so I'll stick with Snow White.

In the bottle: Rose-y, pink and delicate!

Wet: Pink and sugary - like rose syrup candy floss!

Dry: Rose, but a complex rose. Sweet and light.

A While Later: The rose has faded back into just a hint of itself - mostly sweet. This reminds me of a rose syrup cordial.

This is such a pretty light floral! Very ladylike and light, I smell pale blossoms. Rose stays in check, and isn't present while you're actually huffing in the scent, it's a note that you smell after you stop inhaling it, if that makes any sense.

If this is Snow White with added rose, I think I'm going to like Snow White.

This isn't what I expected, I think there is some sort of lily in here, which I normally dislike but it works here. I was expecting something very sweet based on reviews, and while there is sweetness, it's not at all foody or play-dohish.

ETA: Around hour 4 or so, play-doh/plastic emerges from underneath all that sweet light floral goodness. It's still wearable and gorgeous, but it does eventually turn on my skin. Thankfully it takes awhile.

Edited by moosue

I'm so glad I ordered this from the Lab unsniffed!

In the bottle it's strong roses, but snow white is lingering underneath...

wet on skin, mainly roses with a hint of the snow white scent. This is beautiful, I don't mind rose, but I love this! As it dries, Snow White emerges a little more, and the roses fade into the background. The rose note's still there, just not as in your face. beautiful!

This is prettier than I expected (I can't wear many rose scents), a wee bit in the direction of Snow White, but I'm reminded more of a sugar-free version of CD's Hope with a "greener" rose. As it dries, the rose fades into a soft candy-floss background, and it is a very light scent that seems to fade fast. I like it, but I think I will stick with Hope, as I like scents that are a bit deeper than Pink Snowballs. Keeping my imp, but I doubt I will get a big bottle.

This smelled VERY similar to Snow White to me. So much so, that I consider them nearly the same. Pink Snowballs does have a nice, light rose scent, but it faded quickly. I think I am inspired to layer my Snow White with other things now though... thinking Perilous Parlor, or maybe Berry Moon?

In the bottle: Smells like Snow White with rose.

On the skin: It starts off akin to Snow White blended with rose. Very pink and feminine. Once it completely dries, it's a soft vanilla rose.

I tried layering Snow White with The Peacock Queen (since I don't have any Rose Red) and got an extremely similar scent to Pink Snowballs. I have also layered Peacock Queen with Pink Snowballs for a rosier vanilla.

Snow White doesn't work for me since it basically goes to piña colada hell.

Pink Snowballs with the rose mixed in softens the coconut tropical vibe and brings outs the almond to the forefront. I get a very creamy, very feminine PINK blend. Very pretty. It's a little too sweet for me, but a pleasant surprise.

In the imp - Yuck, rose! Soft rose however... Not too headachey. Why do I insist on trying floral scents when I know I despise florals!

Wet - A hint of Snow White? Far more floral than she is, but I get it. It's a fluffy pink rose covered snowball... A slight whiff of vanilla, but I am starting to get a headache. Darn rose!

Dry - It's sheer rose! Nothing more, nothing less. It wont fade... it wont morph. It's stuck, and I need to go wash it off!

Verdict - Adopt this imp, somebody?!

I'm getting snow white with rose, amping more on the snow white components.

Since I already have Snow White, I won't be searching for a bottle of this, which is a good thing since its not on sales anymore. :P

In the decant: Cool, rosy, sweet

Wet: I can smell the icy snow note, but it's a little plasticky on me. The rose is also a bit strong. No vanilla.

Drydown: Still sharp and icy with heavy rose.

Dry: Fake snow smell with heavy rose :( Ick.

This one never rounded out to a nice scent for me. It's sharp, and smells like ice and plastic with a rose undertone. The vanilla never came through, and it just gave me a headache. Boo.

Just got a bottle of this, and so glad I did! I totally understand the comparisons to Snow White (which I also love). Pink Snowballs is really just like a rosy pink Snow White to me.

In the bottle: Rosy Snow White. Pink!

Wet on skin: Very pink rose. I definitely think I smell vanilla, but it all smells very cool.

Dry: Still pink and rosy, soft and cool with the vanilla and Snow White similarities lingering in the background.

Definitely a keeper for me. :smile:

This is pretty! Definitely not the "cold" winter scent. It is on the cooler side, but vanilla tends to be warm. It's a really nice balance between the two notes.

Snow White picking roses in a snow-covered field. Sweet, almondy cream with snow and blooming flowers. Lovely.

EDIT -- for some reason, this one ended up going sour on me after a few more wears. The sweetness and florals disappeared and I was left with burned play-doh and a stomachache. Swapped.

EDITED AGAIN -- Gave this one a second chance by buying the '13 version. Hmm. We seem to be playing nicely together this time because the play-dough has gone and all I'm getting is rose and snow. Yes! I always wanted to love this one and I am so glad I can say that I do now :wub2:

Edited by cherrycherry

Pink Snowballs

The rose here is sweet and light, though definitely "pink". Rather than smelling the vanilla outright, it adds a soft, warm smoothness to the blend. The snow note is definitely *not* the mint/eucalyptus/juniper smell in some blends. I actually get a hint of coconut in the decant and wet. The coconut fades quickly, though. The result is mostly a sweet, creamy rose. Bottle-worthy for me!

In the bottle - Sugary roses

Wet on me - Soft, lush rose petals come through more

Dry on me - Soft, creamy rose petals

Overall - Dainty as the description has it, a china doll of a scent, not really me, but maybe something I can wear to embrace a more feminine approach

In bottle: Rose, with a bit of vanilla in the background.

On me: A soft, pink rose, with some vanilla. If I think about it too much, I kind of get a bathroom smell from it. It reminds me a bit of Snow White. As it dries, the bathroom note goes away and I get more of the vanilla.

Overall: Such a pretty, feminine scent!

Pink Snowballs is indeed like the lovechild of Snow White and Rose Red, with Snow White having the dominant genes. On me, it's Snow White and pink roses (not the dewy, cold long-stemmed roses of Rose Red). I like this better than Snow White, but not quite as well as Rose Red. It's cute, though. I might pass it along to my daughter.

this is like snow white + hope in the same bottle. it's that scotch tape-y goodness that i LOVE about snow white with sugared rose. i'm also getting something melony in the bottle and on my skin. the first time i wore this, i watched let the right one in and i think i will forever think of a little girl vampire barefoot in the snow whenever i smell this :lol: