Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A lighthearted winter scent: chilly vanilla rose snowballs! Dainty, soft, and certainly unfit for flinging!

I understand what all the hype is about. I am not a huge fan of Snow White, but I don't think it's too much like that one. Maybe it takes all of the best of Snow White and improves on that? I don't really get a rose scent, but I get a faint floral and vaguely minty vanilla scent. It's light and sweet and beautiful; it reminds me vaguely of Lush (in a good way) but not like a specific Lush item. This is definitely one I'd like to own a big bottle of.

This smells like a light cool vanilla mint, with a smattering of coconut and pink roses. And Plastic.

I really wanted this to work, I like vanilla and rose! I think that the mint and the coconut make it go plastic on me. Such a shame. I'll hang on to this for another week or so before I concede and send it to the swap/sale pile. :(

I love this!

A sort of pink tea rose scent mixed with vanilla and that yummy powdery 'snow' scent. :yum:

Similar to Katrina van Tassel, but definitely more vanilla, less of the honeyed cream.

I actually ordered a second bottle of this one.

I was worried that the rose would do horrible things, but instead it vanished. I get maybe a hint of a powdery rose, and the rest is faint creamy coconut and something that smells vaguely like sex. I was hoping for roses. I did not want strange coconut sex. o_0

Pink Snowballs is pretty much purely snow on me. Rose is such a weird note for me- much of the time, I physically cannot smell it. I was hoping that Pink Snowballs would replace my loved layering combination of Peacock Queen and Antique Lace, but I just smell the snow. I think that the snow is much more like Snow-Flakes than Snow White, since I get a sparkly tingle of mint that never ever shows up in Snow White. The vanilla never really shows up separately, but I think it may lend itself to making the snow more like Snow White as the perfume dries. I find that I prefer Snow White to Pink Snowballs, but Pink Snowballs might be really nice as a layering oil and it's a nice snow note on its own.

I have finally found a rose scent that I can wear! The rose in this is muted, and melds wonderfully with the vanilla and mint for something sweet and lovely and just slightly girly. I love it to pieces, especially since this is the first time the roses haven't pulled out their stompy boots and killed everything. :joy:

Yes, it is indeed a lot like Snow White, though I felt like posting because I very much like Pink Snowballs-- and I don't like Snow White at all. I find it thin, plasticky, cheap, and bland. What amazes me is that I can't very well articulate the differences between Snow White and Pink Snowballs-- certainly less plastic, but my response is more profoundly different than that. I love tea rose, but to be honest, I can't smell any in Pink Snowballs-- just the usual almond cookie kind of smell. In conclusion, let me say that if the forum's devotion to Snow White has been making you say "huh?", then I recommend taking a sniff of Pink Snowballs-- it's Snow White, but better.

scented toilet paper to start. It's actually getting stronger and worse. This is almost in the wash it off range. Like scented toilet paper from way back in the day when it was too cloying and nasty. This is not a pleasant scent on my skin....WHY OH WHY???

I hate 98% of the rose scents I've tried and Snow White turned nasty on me ... so why did I order a decant of this? I dunno, but I'm glad I did! The rose is the sort of lightly lovely scent I find in my garden roses (vs cloyingly heavy hothouse or old lady rose notes) tempered with a beautifully chilly vanilla note. And yes, it even smells "pink"! I may even break my "no rose" rule and get a bottle!

I was really hoping for a lot of vanilla and a little bit of rose in this. I got a little rose, but really no vanilla to speak of. It is a LOT like Snow White to my skin and my nose, except missing the ghastly coconut that ruined Snow White for me. It is very white and wintery, and my skin eats it up. Just okay.

Aw, I was hoping for rose and vanilla but I get the same nasty plastic smell that I get from Snow White instead. I can tell there is rose hovering in the background but it's being overpowered by the almond or whatever it is that smells so bad on me.

It's a shame but total fail on me. I can see this being massively popular with those who's skins play nice with Snow White though.

I love Snow White ,

but sadly we don´t get along AT ALL.

Same with Pink Snowballs...*sigh*... once applied it turns into cat pee right away.

I really wonder which note that is,

because only Snow White ( no matter what year.. ) does that on me.

Oh Snow White - I love you so much, why must you betray me over and over again ?

Of to swap you go, Pinky Snowball.. :(

Pink Snowballs is mild and pleasant, as if Snow White had picked a bouquet of winter roses--their petals are furled from the cold so their fragrance can't lift into the air.

I don't detect a snow/slush note. :smile: I would really love this in a beauty care product of any kind, from shampoo to skin cream.

I agree with countless others, above, but for the record:

On me, this goes on like a pink-tinged snow white/snow cake scent. I do think its a little less almondy than the aforementinoed two, so its comes off as a little less creamy, and as a extremely pale pink, light floral. I've always liked how snow white is a floral scent that doesn't scream "FLOWERS!" like so many others do. This is the same, though just a touch more floral to my recollection.

As snow white aged, it agreed less w/ my skin (got plasticky), so I find that I only like that one fresh. I'm curious to see how pink snowballs will age on me--hopefully it will stay truer on my skin, and I'll be able to get that kick year round despite age. :)

Overall: very pretty light winter floral. Snow White on Pink.

I really like this one - it smells exactly like the name! Pink Snowballs, light and feminine. Plus, it makes me think of Little Rascals, and those snowball snacks that taste terrible but look good, and apparently make a good hiding place for a Cracker Jacks engagement ring. . .

It has a hint of baby powder on me occasionally, or at least one of the guys at work said so. But I think it's cozy and nice. It reminds me very much of Snow White, but because rose and I are not always friends, I may just play it safe and stick with my backups of Snow White rather than getting a bottle of Pink Snowballs. I like it a bunch, but I'm not in love with it.

Of course, there's always the danger of repeating my first tremulous love affair with Snow White.

It went like this:

I got my decants, and then I said: Ew. Play dough party. Why does everyone love this?

Two months later I said: let's try it again (two days after the Yules went down. self, what were you thinking!?)

Snow White said: YOU LOVE ME. YOU LOOOVE ME. I AM THE THING YOU HAVE WANTED ALL YOUR LIFE. WEAR ME EVERY DAY.

I said, crying and crying: Does anyone have some Snow White for sale?

So I guess if that happens, someone will take pity on me and sell me some Pink Snowballs. I hope.

this smells SO PRETTY in the vial-like cold sugary rose. unfortunately, on my skin, the vanilla turns plasticky. i love rose and i love vanilla and had high hopes for this scent-if it didn't turn plasticky, i'd probably snatch up at least 2 bottles of this. however, my skin chemistry is not liking this vanilla enough :(

Bottle: Almost straight-up Snow White, with a breath of rose. No vanilla, sadly….

Wet on Skin: Ok, wow. The same rose in Persephone, tea rose maybe?? It’s taking over.

Drydown: The powdery rose has pretty much taken over. I’m going to pop this into my Aging Box and see if the vanilla comes out a bit…

As others have said this is very similar to Snow White: Smells amazing in the bottle, sweet vanilla florals, smells like dusty dirty plastic on me :angry:

I hate 98% of the rose scents I've tried and Snow White turned nasty on me ... so why did I order a decant of this? I dunno, but I'm glad I did! The rose is the sort of lightly lovely scent I find in my garden roses (vs cloyingly heavy hothouse or old lady rose notes) tempered with a beautifully chilly vanilla note. And yes, it even smells "pink"! I may even break my "no rose" rule and get a bottle!

All of the above.

I also have a "no rose" rule and Snow White smelled like a molten Barbie doll sprinkled with sugar on me. I loved it in the bottle but on my skin it really turned on me. Same with most BPAL vanilla scents. But I am so glad that I picked up a decant of this! It is the surprise winner of this Yule.

Somehow the rose and Snow White-like notes keep each other in check. The rose is a hint of freshness behind the sugary-sweet snow and keeps it from turning into molten plastic but never takes over. The scent also has pretty good throw and staying power, I kept getting a sniff of it from my collar all evening.

It's almost identical to Snow White - not as pure, just a vague hint of something else; slightly fruity (strawberry?) when wet, grassy close to skin. No rose, no mint. I quite like it, even if Snow White is my fav, but it's a nice change. By the way, it seems to perform the same Snow White magic, maybe I just feel something in the air that make me reach for that kind of scents: when I wear it, it snows * * *.

I love this, this is what I hoped Snow White would be. It smells like what Snow White smells like the millisecond before it turns weird and play-dohy on me.

If you want to like Snow White but it fails on your skin try this one.

I am kicking myself for only buying one bottle of Pink Snowballs. This is love in a bottle. My package arrived on a cold day, and I find the scents are not themselves until they warm up a bit. I couldn't resist opening this one and applying right away though. It made me smile. Grin actually. Snow White, cake and the most subtle of tea rose all in one! My perfect scent! :wub2: I do wish it had a bit more throw, but in a way it's charming, because it's kind of like it's mine. My own little secret that I don't have to share with anyone unless we're really close.

In the bottle and wet on my skin, Pink Snowballs is rich vanilla and a hint roses. As it dries, the roses get stronger to the point where they're balanced with the vanilla. This is very soft and feminine. A new favorite!