Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A lighthearted winter scent: chilly vanilla rose snowballs! Dainty, soft, and certainly unfit for flinging!

As so many other people have said, this is a rosier version of Snow White. It is absolutely beautiful - I love Snow White already, but adding in some rose has made it absolutely divine. I'm so glad I got a bottle of this!

I was so sad last year when Snow White didn't work on me, and I've never had a rose blend not turn to soap on me, so I have no idea why I was tempted to order this one--but it's amazing! It's exactly like I hoped Snow White would be (and what I imagine it smells like on the many people who love it), with a gentle touch of rose. Brilliant! :joy:

In the imp: A sweet, clear rose. It reminds me of the sweetheart roses my dad gets that smell almost honeyed.

Wet: This one opens up like crazy.

Dry: Powdery vanilla with undertones of rose. It's pretty, like a less intense Bearded Lady.

I wanted this one like crazy when I saw the description. It's so delicate and pretty. I absolutely love the cold, powdery snow scent in here. The rose is super soft and fresh... not overpowering at all. I love this so much. I think this has replaced all other winter scents as my new favorite.

This blend has a rose note that I cannot believe. I have long since given up on finding a rose that smells good on my skin. Yet, here it is in Pink Snowballs! This is a soft and delicate and modest rose that doesn't go old lady, sour, or amp on me. Its almost like a sugared drop of rose water in a sweet blanket of Snow White with a little kiss of creamy vanilla. This is sweet, innocent and absolutely charming!

This is by far the most wearable rose I've ever found and I am positively smitten with this lovely scent! I hope Pink Snowballs returns for future Yule updates as this one is absolutely classic and a wonderful companion to Snow White.

Well the reviews were very accurate, Pink Snowballs smells like Snow White with a wee bit of rose. The problem is that Snow White morphs into play-doh. So.. I have play-doh with rose. I'm very sad. :cry2:

For some reason, this was the scent I found most intriguing on the Yule list. Then I heard it was Snow White to the max and was so sad, because Snow White and I are not friends. Then I heard the rose was the rose in Rose Red, and I was sadder still, because Rose Red and I are even less friendly than Snow White. I bought a half-decant to test and unenthusiastically waved the magic wand on my wrist.

Pink Snowballs...you have been the victim of slander! Those who claimed you were like Rapunzel and a pink cashmere cardigan--they had it right! You are not green. You are pink. Gentle. And you are lovely.

Or maybe it's just that your rose amps on me. Because there is a whisper of Snow White that you muffle with your roseness.

I may need a bottle, after all.

In bottle/imp: Rose, creamy almond, and baby powder.

Immediately on skin: This is so light on me, but what I can smell is bpal’s snow note, plus some herbal rose and a bit of almond. This scent is a bit powdery on my skin.

After a little while: This smells like vanilla, almond, and fake roses with a hint of snow. This isn’t as bad on me now as it was at first, but it smells like one of those rose scented dolls they had in the 80s. It’s slightly plastic-smelling and rubbery.

Overall Impressions: I had such high hopes for this scent, but unfortunately the vanilla in this blend is the kind that turns to plastic on my skin. I’m left with rose-almond plastic with a little snow in the background.

This is pretty gorgeous on me. With Snow White I get this powdery almond thing. Not pleasant. I don't want powder on my almond, k? Thanks.

Pink Snowballs solves that problem. I just get this creamy almond with a light, pink, soft, fresh rose. It doesn't morph and lasts awhile. Very pretty but simple blend. I'll probably get a bottle before Yules go away.

Straight up Snow White + rose. I am not sure which I prefer more-- I think original flavor Snow White, but this is certainly bottleworthy as well.

In the imp, this smells like Snow White, only even fainter without the greenery note. And yep, since the reviews have all been saying Snow White + rose, this turns into Play-Doh and faint rose on me! Not really for me.

I should just quote Venneh's review directly, because I came over here to say the same thing: this is definitely Snow White + rose...

...and Snow White still smells like play-doh on me.

And the rose starts off like soap, too (which it doesn't usually on me). FWIW, once it settles down the rose smells very very VERY like Hope from CD (which I love), but I get very little of it. And it can't really compete with the play-doh.

If I wait long enough it's a bit more rose, kind of like a faded/diluted Hope. It's less play-doh, but not very interesting.

Sigh. And it sounded so good.

Edited by Anna D.

Origin: bottle bought through eviltemptressdq's decant circle

Initial Thoughts: Love trying vanilla scents. Iffy on rose scents. Like some cold scents with the right notes complementing them. Seeing the comparisons to Snow-White has made me worry, as Snow-White pulled a nasty "dirty-dishwater" trick on my skin.

In the Bottle: The first sniff is cold rose. The second sniff brings out the sweet, sweet vanilla. Very feminine and pretty.

Wet: The chill backs off, leaving very sweet vanilla and rose. So far, they're playing well together, although I can tell the rose is trying to see if it can pull its famous "stinky cooked cabbage" stunt on me.

Drydown: Dammit. The rose is trying really hard to go stinky-bad. The vanilla is keeping it from being terrible the way Peacock Queen went terrible on me, but now I'm hyper-aware that it's lurking just under the surface. And that's distracting me from the very pretty vanilla. And the chilly edge is nowhere to be found.

Verdict: I'll probably try it once or twice more in a few days to be sure, but if it stays like this, I probably won't keep it.

Creamy, delicate rose mingles with vanilla and almond. I have to disagree with folks who say this is Snow White with Rose. This is a lightly perfumed rose, with creamy vanilla and almond. I don't get a cold note or even the lab's 'snow' note. And there is no greenery in here.

However, this is simply beautiful. Classic, stunning and extremely pretty. This is multiple bottle worthy.

It is Snow White + Rose. But the Snow White part is so much softer than the regular Snow White which can be quite heavy on me. This is just gorgeous. Soft and powdery, slightly almondy and rose.

It's pure Snow Flakes + Rose (and yes, Snow White smelled exactly like Snow Flakes on me, only less good) and I'm on the fence. It's a soft fluffy bunny scent, but rose was a risky note to go for and it's just something that is not entirely me. It's wonderfully girly, though, so I might keep it for the days where Snow Flakes alone isn't enough.

This blend screams CUTE!! Like in the Hello Kitty way.

I'm not a fan of rose scents, in general, nor does Snow White work on me (uhm, smelled like a public restroom to me... not sure why), but this is very lovely.

It's the yule scent that shouldn't work at all for me, but it does :) I see this being my first Yule 09 bottle purchase.

I agree that this is quite similar to "Snow White", only with roses providing a little extra. At first, the rose threatens to go into soapy territory, but never gets there, for which I am profoundly grateful. This is quite nice. Alas, as it is so similar to "Snow White" and I don't have a lot of money, I will probably order that and love the hell out of my "Pink Snowballs" decant and leave it at that.

chilly rose vanilla snowballs?

I don't think so. More like pink snow. Not rose, not vanilla, pink.

Smells very nice, very subtle. Usually don't like snow scents, but this one is great. Makes me feel like a little girl.

Imp: Soft rose and vanilla almost old-fashioned but a little too foody for that.

Wet: There is a flash of powdery vanilla then it amps the rose like mad. Reminds me of the Tea Rose perfume I wore in high school.

Dry: The foody vanilla comes back and the scent is very pretty but also really frilly and pink (no surprise there). I'm going to have a great time wearing my imp this Yule but I think a little goes a long way.

When I first sniffed this, I thought this is Snow White. Have to let it age before I can enjoy it. But it wasn't it's better. The vanilla rose apparently gets bored and waanders away to find more interesting things, but leaves a tempered Snow White in its wake. :wub2:

I was actually disappointed when I heard that this was Snow White + rose, because I figure that I can easily layer Snow White with a rose perfume on my own. This is really pretty, though. It's like the awesome, creamy vanilla from Snow White plus a fluffy, sweet, pink something and a hint of pink rose. I don't get any of the frosty green stem smell that I get from Snow White or Rose Red.

Pink vanilla and a hint of rose. Sometimes I smell this and my brain thinks of cotton candy or marzipan mixed in with the vanilla and a pink rose. It's very pink, sweet, and lovely. I need at least one full bottle of this. :wub2:

Oh, this is so pretty. Pink Snowballs is officially the first rose scent I've ever been able to wear without amping the rose like crazy. In this blend, the rose stays in the background, giving just a hint of sweet floral loveliness to the scent. This doesn't smell exactly like rose + Snow White to me...it's more like rose + sugary vanilla. I don't get the hint of greenery in this blend that I do in plain old Snow White. But whatever the other notes are, they play beautifully with the rose. This stays nice and close to the skin and is perfectly work-appropriate, which is a nice change from the heavier scents I usually choose. It's pink, pretty, and girly...I wouldn't want to wear it every day, but it's certainly a lovely scent.

On the skin: A light airy rose with vanilla. Very sweet and innocent! Also very light with minimal throw.

After things start drying down, the scent begins to bloom!

It is quite nice, but not really my thing...