Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A lighthearted winter scent: chilly vanilla rose snowballs! Dainty, soft, and certainly unfit for flinging!

Pink Snowballs started out Snow White, with a hint of vanilla, and stayed that way for a while. After about two hours, I smelled it and snow white had wandered away, leaving the vanilla left with a single rose and a hint of her perfume. Rather soft, and pretty.

I just got my bottle in today (November 12th).

In the bottle, the rose is the most prominent note. It's like roses still on the bush, fresh and lovely.

On the skin wet- it smells mostly of roses still, with a little bit of creaminess to it.

Dry on the skin- Wow. This morphed into a gorgeous scent. It's a little like Snow White and Rose Red mixed. So far it's got good staying power and the throw isn't overpowering.

My cat approves of this scent. :D

If you were sad that Rose Red was not available this year, and you like Snow White, I recommend this scent. I'm thinking of investing in a second bottle.

In bottle: vanilla and rose, very soft.

Wet: the rose is coming out more. It's a red rose smell, but the vanilla is still there. This is light and pretty.

Drydown: Candy Rose. I swear, it's like candy, but with a touch of rose.

An hour later: Okay, more of the vanilla is coming out, which seems to be making the candy scent richer and less "sweet". The rose is still there.

Some questions have come up whether this scent is like Katerina van Tassel. IMHO Kat van Tassel is more creamy and white rose, this one has more of a red rose scent and is less cream and more vanilla. They do sorta resemble each other, but this one is more candy-like and Kat van Tassel is more creamy. I think if you liked KvT, you'll enjoy this one as well.

Might have to pick up another bottle before the Yules come down!

It is indeed reminiscent of Snow White, with the vanilla coolness and the lightness of the scent. Combine that with a whisper-light, but still quite detectable and noticeable soft, pink rose scent...and you have Pink Snowballs! This has both a creamy softness and a freshness that make it perfectly balanced. It's a nice, gentle rose that won't hit anyone in the face...they may have to get nice and close to get a good sniff, but they will want to. :) It's very inviting and pretty, and I think I will really enjoy it this winter. In fact...it might be a huge hit with me. I love Snow White, an I also love Rose Red but have found that rose a bit overpowering at times. This is like a perfect combination of the two, though it is also very much its own scent. It's beautiful.

I have little to add here as the previous reviewers are spot-on - this is Snow White and Rose Red's little sister. This started off so similar to Snow White I had to double check the label to make sure it was Pink Snowballs. After a while, Snow White's snow melted away to reveal a lovely, subtle rose (not as potent as Rose Red) with a little vanilla. The drydown is a vanilla-musk type of scent.

This scent could have been custom-made for me. Snow White is one of my favourite perfumes, rose is my favourite individual scent, and I love vanilla as well. I have a suspicion this will be getting a lot of use this winter. :wub2:

Edited by TheIceMaiden

Yum. A rose I can wear! Pink Snowballs is better than when I tried layering Snow White and Rose Red. Its creamier than that and also creamier in my opinion that Katrina Van Tassel. Its definitely pink and girly and I really like it. Adorable.

Edited by Cheri

Lovely, creamy pink scent.

I don't really have anything new to add, completely smells like Snow White and Rose Red combined.

When I was wearing it I actually thought I was wearing Snow White. On my skin, I can't tell the difference, which is ok because I love Snow White so much, but was sorta hoping for a different scent. Still very nice and keeping my bottle!

Well, as it's my first actual year on a buying spree here, I can't comment on the comparisons to other scents (Though I DID grab a bottle of Snow White-I just haven't gotten to her yet,The District is beckoning me..),

This scent to me is aptly named-light, for one thing,almost a skinscent, and as the other reveiwers stated PINK rose and flossy, spun sugar vanilla-very sweet. Add a shot of cream. Very girly and pretty. I like! :wub2:

OMFG. Love, love love. When I first sniffed this, I immediately thought of Snow White. This is basically a softer version of snow white with powdery vanilla rose note. Amazing.

I compared Snow White and Pink Snowballs side-by-side last night at WC and they aren't the same, or similar, at least not to me. If Pink Snowballs reminds me of anything, it's Hope from the Carnaval Diabolique. Hope is a richer scent, whereas Pink Snowballs is lighter.

In the bottle: Like, pink sugar and roses.

Wet: It's now a light pink rose, like a tea rose. There's still the sugar, and some snow.

The dry-down: This is not a morpher on me. It's much the same throughout, a pink rose that's been sprinkled with sugar before the snow came falling down. It's a light, delicate skin scent.

in the bottle: the light-snow-cake quality of Snow White is definitely present at this early stage. I get what people are saying in that regard. But there's something else underneath, i just can't name it...

wet on skin: still snow cake, but with the tiniest hint of floral poking out it's whiskers.

dry down: I agree with the last reviewer who made a comparison to Faith from CD. On me, this scent has wound up as a cross between Faith and Snow White.

in all: for a Winter time scent, this is very light, but in a way that recalls the first snow of the season. it's sweet, very girly and utterly charming. it makes me think of "dance of the sugarplum fairies". although i don't think i'll need a backup bottle, i will most certainly love the one i bough unsniffed.

:luv2:

I can't add anything profound that hasn't already been said here, but I will divulge my thoughts anyway. Pink Snowballs is a must-have for this year's Yule series. It is a no-brainer if you love any of the Lab's snow notes, and especially if you love Snow White. It is still a must-try for anyone that's iffy on rose notes. It's just that good, and that unique, and the rose takes a backseat to the vanilla softness and the powder snow.

I get Snow White as a base for this, and Pink Snowballs stays on my skin just as long and with almost the same level of throw.

Pink Snowballs comes across as creamy and soft, and it brings to mind a swath of fresh powdered snow with a soft pale pink tint to it. Vanilla softens the rose which is already light and pale and blushy pink to begin with, and both those things are accents to the Snow White-like base. Soft, rounded, delightful, playful.

In bottle: creamy vanilla

On skin: wow, a total dupe of Snow White and Snow-Flakes

Half-hour later: the fresh pink roses have peeked out, but it's mainly lots of delicious creamy Snow White goodness

In conclusion: I half-expected this would be akin to Alice with its creamy roses, but it's straight off the Snow White Express. I have bottles of Snow White ('07, I believe) and Snow-Flakes, but this is a great variation as I love the BPAL Roses too. Delicious!

That's indeed a pink Snow White :eek: :yum:

I think I may have found *my* girly bpal. :joy: My bottle is staying put and I may look for a back up, too.

Don't be afraid of the rose in there, it's just a breath to my nose.

Pink Snowballs is a girly, frilly, soft, come-close-to-sniff scent. I love it.

ETA: Testing and retesting this, it's very very nice. No coconut-plastic note at all and very wearable overall. Please don't flame me, but it may even be better than Snow White herself :yum:

Edited by ifinena

I find it hard to distinguish between Snow White and Pink Snowballs. I was actually worried maybe I got a mislabeled bottle of Snow White! The only difference is when I put them on (1 on each wrist). Pink Snowballs does have some rose in it, but for me, it is really very Snow White.

I can't add too much, except that I'm in the camp that really gets the drydown of Snow White, and the rose is a faint tickle. On me, that's saying a lot, since I amp rose!

I'm not usually a fan of rose scents but this one is awesome and its not profoundly rose. I get the similarities in snow white but this is different it has a candy quality to it reminds me of those little conversation hearts. Its like snow white mixed with sugary rose candy. It lasted forever on my skin but doesn't have a strong throw. Its a soft and sweet scent, definitely need a bottle!

This is the pink, girly version of snow white with the softest hint of pink rose...I really like it and I normally don't love rose b/c I amp it big time in bpal land...wears close to the skin...soft, feminine and very pretty!

Confirmed this is snow white with a dash of rose on top. Rose disappears on my skin, so this is pure snow white and since I've already got a bottle of that I don't need another. :huh?:

This one is very reminiscent of Snow White. But with the added touch of a delicate rose. Not at all overpowering. Very feminine and wearable.

I read all these comparisons to Snow White and started to panic. But, rest assured, you other people out there who found Snow White to smell disgustingly of coconut. There is no coconut here. Also, this is, on me, nothing like Rose Red, which was very sharp. Snow White and Rose Red look at this perfume in envy. I found the comparisons to Katrina Van Tassel much more apt, but this isn't nearly as overpowering at KvT.

This will be perfect for winter events around family with a more conservative idea of perfume. It isn't department store generic by any stretch, but your Aunt Edith isn't going to ask why you smell like a dirty hippy.

This is absolutely delightful. On my skin, the similarities to Snow White are obvious, but Pink Snowballs is much softer - Snow White has a lot of throw and can get a little high-pitched in the early stages, but this is smooth, rounded and soft. A pink cashmere cardigan of a scent.

The rose note is very faint - and this is coming from someone who both loves and amps rose in most blends.

Overall... dare I say it?... Pink Snowball is even better on me than Snow White. I tend to prefer scents that stay close to the skin so this level of throw is perfect for me, and there is zero plastic note here - not that I get much of it at all in SW, but just a hint - in this blend it reads like the green stem of the rose, crisp and refreshing.

A truly lovely creation! :clap:

Pink Snowballs - This is all vanilla and red rose, and smells almost exactly like Arcana's Rapunzel, which I adore. While Pink Snowballs smells deliciously sweet and pretty when it's wet, on me it dries down to a dusty layer of plastic and then completely fades within a few more minutes. It's a total and utter FAIL on me, which is sad. I'm sure it would work quite well in a scent locket. Normally my skin loves rose and vanilla. Not sure what went wrong with this one!

As others have said, this is pink, and rosy, and girly, and sweet. And it is so NOT ME. :lol: I was hoping for Snow White without the coconut, but the rose amps to high heaven on me, as rose tends to do, so this is not going to work at all.

I think I will gift the imp to my niece.

Edited by IronMollyBlack

Lovely. Wet on my skin this is snow and roses. Light, perfect, young roses hidden under that first, fresh, powdery snow. Gently icy and SO happy. :) Once it dries I smell more of the snow and less of the roses, but I think it's more of a case of the scents blending together and mushing nicely. I never really get vanilla out of this, but it IS sweet... just not foody sweet.

Beautiful.