Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheIceMaiden

Lick It Til It's Sticky

The stickiest thing you shouldn't lick this winter. Peppermint candy cane with an extra jolt of sugar.

Yum. :lol: The perfect sugared peppermint candy cane. It seems extra icy this year. Love it!

I recieved a decant of this in a bottle from Moyssa (THANKS :) and I loved it IN the bottle. It wasn't a super sweet peppermint, but it was still very pretty. Sophisticated peppermint may be? Not really picking up on the sugar too much, unfortunately. Also picking up on something slightly green and almost dirt like? The dirt scent isn't bad though, its interesing and I like it.

When I put it on my wrists it was still fairly peppermint-ish, but an undercurrent of... what is that... musk? moss? something warm and green with skin musk is what I smell... What? There is no in musk in this oil that I know of... is my nose losing it? After a while something in it amps on me. Oh no! No more peppermint! Why did you have to go away! Now I smell kind of musty skin musk... I don't like it really. The green dirt scent also amped on me about a billion.

Had to wash it off. Something in it just does NOT like my skin. Pity... I do love peppermint. I'll probably keep the bottle to just sniff it time and time again because it is very pretty INSIDE the bottle hahaha.

Lick It Till It's Sticky

In Imp: Sugary, drippy, cold candy cane.

Wet, On Skin: The candy cane fell in the mud. Someone is crying about it.

Dry, On Skin: The candy cane has spent the winter submerged under the slush and muddy earth, and has emerged into the sleet. It is dirty and inedible. There is almost a faint tinge of mildew...

Later: It is a dirty candy cane grasped in the mouldering flesh of someone lying beneath the sodden ground. This scent is made of Doom.

Evocative though!

Wet, and for the first hour or so, this smells exactly like peppermint extract to me. It gradually fades to a practically non-existent slightly peppermint vanilla. Nice, but would be nicer if it was a bit stronger. Don't think I need a bottle, the decant will do me just fine.

Nooooo!! I wanted this to be yummy on me and instead it smells like funky, stale peppermint candy :( bleh. Gonna have to swap this. I'm so sad! I so rarely get BPALS that don't work on me that this makes it that much more dissapointing. Oh well, you can't win them

all.

Very minty fresh. I had hoped it would have a little more vanilla or something to tone down the peppermint, but this is pretty much straight mint to my nose. Not bad- definitely candy cane, but kind of simplistic. I like sniffing it, but I don't know that I'll wear it.

Heavy peppermint on my skin. I wish there was a bit more vanilla with this to tame the mint, which always tends to amp on my skin anyway.

Colourless oil. Peppermint candy! Yup, this smells exactly like a candy cane, and while it's sweet, it's not tooth-achingly so - I don't really get the extra jolt of sugar, thankfully.

My skin absorbs this instantly - there is no true wet stage. And I kept slathering it on - I guess it just vaps off? Much more minty, very mentholic and sinus clearing on my skin - too much for a personal perfume. Also much less sweet. Unfortunately there is a rancid sort of note, nutty - like peanut butter that's gone bad? Bizarre and unpleasant.

It feels cool, like rubbing alcohol or vicks, where the oil is - major menthol action - but surprisingly low throw. The cold-skin isn't going away, either! It's strong if I put my nose nearby, not a weak scent, but it doesn't travel very far. The rancid nutty note has faded to almost nothing, but so has the sugar. Where's the candy? I get almost none - this pretty much straight up peppermint essential oil.

Although...I get a little bit of a citrus note - this reminds me of Juiced Up, a Tommy Hilfiger body wash with orange juice and mint that I LOVED and was of course dc'ed. It also reminds me greatly of one of the Panaceas - Detox or Moxie? Same citrus Pez drydown, but a little less powdery, a little more juicy. A very surprising evolution. I think it's Moxie I'm reminded of. This really smells like Peppermint SN + Moxie.

Happy to be getting a partial bottle!

In the Decant: Peppermint!

Wet on Skin: Peppermint candy

While Drying: heady peppermint that opens the sinuses; the wrists are starting to develop a softer note

After a Little While: I was having a hard time placing that softer note. At first, it seemed like maybe the candycane fell on the carpet and got a bit dusty. Now, however, it smells like walking through the large animal enclosures at the State Fair - a slightly musty hay smell, with just a touch of peppermint in the background.

Later: The barnyard smell keeps growing, and the peppermint keeps shrinking. My skin is tingling where I applied the oil. It seems that this one does not like me at all. The tingling is turning into burning… time to take this off and find a new home for the decant. (I scrubbed my arms and managed to get rid of the part making my skin burn, but the Barnyard decided to stick around. *sigh*)

Final Thoughts: Mint usually does good things on my skin. This is apparently an exception to the rule. I'd be half-tempted to keep this around for scent-memory evocation, but in the imp I just get peppermint, and I don't really want to smell like a barn. Weird.

After writing my notes in my spreadsheet, I looked through the other reviews. I am relieved to see that others have noticed the musky smell, and it is not just some bizarre personal reaction to peppermint! Time to go experiment with more musks and see if I amp them all this crazily.

Lick It Til It's Sticky earns a 1.5/5 for scent, and a 0/5 for skin reaction.

ETA: I told a friend about my experiences with this scent, and she has been referring to it as "Santa's Reindeer Enclosure."

Edited by Rocza

This one is peppermint candy, with more menthol in it than mint. It dries down to a very sweet Halls candy though. Meh.

In the bottle: MENTHOL and mint.

Wet: Peppermint cough drops?

Dry: Ohhh... candy cane - now I get candy cane! The menthol has mostly worn off and it is just sugary peppermint with a hint of that coldness that fills your tastebuds.

A while later: Eventually this fades to nothing. Sad really, but it was nice while it lasted.

This starts out very promising- delicious peppermint, cool and crisp. Unfortunately, it now smells like I dropped the peppermint in some Vicks Vapo-Rub and then dug it out with a plastic babydoll arm.

I smell peppermint, menthol and plastic. Ick.

A chilly blast of menthol and peppermint. The menthol burns off and leaves the peppermint all smoothed out and purring. It doesn't stay around very long but it's nice while it lasts.

Lick it 'til It's Sticky is also fun to layer over heavier scents such as The Black Temple Burlesque Troupe.

I was really expecting something more sweet with this, but instead it goes all sharp, medicinal mint on me. It fades very quickly though, ten minutes later I could barely smell it except a faint, almost astringint smell lingering around. Oh well, I'm not a huge mint fan anyway, so I'm not horribly dissapointed :)

In the bottle: PEPPERMINT!

Wet: Cough drops! With a sharp bitter kick!

Drydown: Still cough drops, but a little less bitter

Dry: POOF! Gone.

As soon as this one dries, it's gone. So it's just sharp medicinal peppermint for about 5 minutes before it disappears completely. :( Sadness.

Deliciously fresh and minty in the bottle, toothpaste on my skin. And it lasted for all of ten minutes before it vanished without a trace :/

In the vial, it smells like the guts of a Peppermint Patty! I like that. Color, WHITE!

Wet on my skin, it smells like I've got a candy cane stuck to one arm! HEHE! This would work for Christmas with my daughter or something. It's very *cute*. But seriously, I'm getting nothing but straight peppermint.

10-15 minute drydown - No change. Still straight peppermint. Not bad, but I would have liked a little more depth. Maybe I need to search out some of the other Lick Its and see how they compare.

1 hour drydown - Hah! Now, for some odd reason, it smells like Ben-Gay. Now, go ahead, think I'm weird... I actually like the smell of Ben-Gay. But perfume, it is not.

I bought this off a fourmite a while ago with the intention of giving it to my sister to make candles out of. I figured though, I should at least try it out and see. It is ungodly hot out and I've seen others mention that mint notes are great to beat the heat.

In the bottle is pure peppermint.

Initially on my skin, that's all it is as well. Peppermint. Not overly strong (though I only tried a small dab of it).

Dry on my skin it's much lighter peppermint, but I'm not really getting any sugar from it. Also, it is fading very fast. I have to get right on top of the application spot to get a whiff.

Not bad, but not for me. I would've loved some sweetness to go along with this. I think my sister will be getting this (or if I get up the nerve, I might do it myself) to make candles out of. I imagine it will smell wonderful that was as well.

YUM. In the bottle it smells exactly like a candy cane. On the skin, the throw is sweet peppermint candy but if I get up close and inhale, it's menthol shooting through my sinuses. Also, it tingles where I applied it! :D It does fade pretty fast but that's to be expected with mint.

Not an everyday fragrance, but a keeper for me! I adore candy canes but do not eat them anymore, this is nearly as good. And I can't imagine anything more refreshing on these 95 degree 90% humidity days I was suffering through all this summer (may they never return). Lick It Til It's Sticky will be getting lots of use both in warm weather and around Christmas.

*necro-bump*

Yum, candy cane!

I got this as a frimp in a PiF, and yum! A nice, strong peppermint blend, not sickeningly sweet, but not straight up peppermint extract either.

It doesn't last long on my skin, but it works wonders in my oil warmer!

9/10 (-1 point for lack of staying power :( )

in bottle: Perfect candy cane. Above average throw.

wet: Peppermint, but a little more like gum than a candy cane. Throw backs off almost immediately.

drydown: Quickly becomes just a faint memory of a trip to the dentist's. Completely gone in less than 15 minutes.

verdict: Pointless to wear it on skin, but will keep for a scent locket and to make wax tarts.