Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheIceMaiden

Lick It Til It's Sticky

The stickiest thing you shouldn't lick this winter. Peppermint candy cane with an extra jolt of sugar.

This is similar to its four older Lick It siblings, a combination of chilly peppermint, sugar, and vanilla, plus the addition of menthol to make it extra chilly and a bit metallic. Its a nice combination, but I prefer the previous versions (with 2008's Lick It Like You Mean It my favourite).

You know, sometimes you don't need a complicated review...

Candy cane in a bottle.

Yum.

That is all. :biggrin:

I'm with MillieCurie. This smells like a candy cane in bottle form. Fresh, minty, cool, sugary, and yummy.

It doesn't have much staying power on me, though, unfortunately. :(

The usual: very sugary sweet and peppermint. Really, better than the candy canes themselves. :) It's strong, and lasts a long time. It reminds of all the other years' versions. :)

Edited by thekittenkat

I had a headache this morning, so I decided the first Yule I'd try would be Lick It Till It's Sticky, since peppermint is good for the achies.

This is a very sharp peppermind when wet. On the drydown, it softens and reminds me most of those more crumbly candy canes with the soft sugar, if that makes sense -- the peppermint candy-cane bits that are sort of like after-dinner mint consistency. To me, it's not hard hang-on-the-tree candy-cane, it's a softer more sugary crumbly kind. I like it! My skin eats peppermint though, so it becomes less noticeable after about an hour.

Definitely a keeper, both for headache purposes (the poor man's panacea!) and for holiday pepperminty-ness. :)

Peppermint through and through all the way from the bottle, to wet, to drydown. The peppermint fades a bit on me upon drydown and I get a touch more sugariness at the end but this is just plain gorgeous. I smell like a candy cane. Lick It Til It's Sticky is the only Lick It I have. It reminds me a lot of Bath and Body Work's Twisted Peppermint. Not surprising since both scents have many people likening them to candy canes. Unlike Twisted Peppermint, Lick It lasts longer has a stronger peppermint presence and I just love it.

Edited by Beevee

Oh hi peppermint!

Wow! You're really strong and minty! You make my sinus's tingle.

Hey! Where are going?

I wasn't being mean! That was a compliment!

Come back! I love you!!!!

:cry2:

In the decant, this is PEPPERMINT!!! Very, very obvious peppermint, we'll see what my skin does to it. Once on, this is still a really sharp, astringent peppermint. Not really sure that I'm liking this. And it fades quickly. Meh. Not really for me.

Edited by Venneh

Oh yeah, hello peppermint.

This is DEFINITELY the most peppermint-y of the Lick It series. It's sweet, but without vanilla as other versions had to my nose.

This one really broke my heart. First one to do so.

I am in LOVE with Lick It Like you Mean it, and was joyfully hoping for a very close brother to it. Well, it's related, but it's a cousin not a twin.

I am hoping maybe it'll change to be more like Lick It Like You Mean It as it ages but I'm thinking that may be futile and I should re-start my quest to find more of last years and sell off this years.

in bottle - peppermint with some sugar. Candy Canes, but no vanilla. Compared to last years it's more mint and less sweet, and no vanilla.

Wet - mint! And sugar. It's not as good as last years yet, but we'll see what it does when it's dry.

Dry - mint, and a different mint than last years. I agree that it smells like there's skin musk in here too even though there isn't?

This is honestly dissapointing in comparison. greatly.

3/10

Eh. I really don't know what I was expecting with this one. I got all peppermint extract and no sugar. Not bad, I think I was expecting more sweetness though. :wub2:

I loved the way this began--Candy-Cane Land! Peppermint and sugar and mwah!

But it faded so quickly on me; it didn't even last through my commute. :(

Origin: decant from eviltemptressdq's circle

Initial Thoughts: The original Lick It is one of my all-time favorites and I hoard my precious 2 1/2 bottles of it. Later editions have not quite captured the original magic for me, either going plasticky or stale on me, although last year's came close. Time to try again.

In the Vial: Pure candy cane in a bottle. Perhaps this year's is slightly less sweet, maybe.

Wet: Sharp, cold mint, with hints of sugar. This feels kind of like sticking my nose in an Altoids tin.

Drydown: This is staying very strongly minty on me. I don't think it's as sweet as my aged original, but at least I'm not getting plastic like I have at other times.

Verdict: I think this may be a bottle-or-two purchase. If it ages as beautifully as Lick It has, getting a couple now will extend my supply that many more years into the future.

I'm in love :wub2:

What else can I say? This is a straight up peppermint. First sniff after application to my skin made me feel like I was getting a blast of cold minty air in my nose.

This is my first time trying one of the Lick Its and now I know why I was smart enough to avoid them all these years.

In the decant : peppermint stick, with a sharp menthol kick

On my skin : cough drops. So gross.

Thankfully it's completely faded within a few hours, so no worries about having to wash it off.

I mean...it's a very minty scent, you know? There's not much more to it. To me, this smells pretty much the same as previous incarnations of Lick It. It's perhaps a bit mintier, a bit less sweet, but that could also be because it's fresh and I'm comparing it to bottles with at least a year of age on them.

I don't buy the Lick It family of scents to wear as perfume--they're not complex enough for my taste. I love the way they make my house smell when I use them in an oil burner, and they're so strong I only need a few drops. I also like to slather them on my wrists and neck to cool off when it gets sticky and hot in the summer--they're great before bedtime on hot nights, like air conditioning for my skin. Finally, I really like the combo of any Lick It + Snake Oil--it smells delicious and the peppermint note really lasts in combination with the SO. That's the only way I get any lasting power or complexity out of this family of scents (but I know that going in, so it's not like I'm disappointed when they don't last on their own).

Sigh. Three years now I've tried the variations on Lick It and it's the same story--cool, sweet peppermint that's the definition of "refreshing"...and my skin eats it in about 5 minutes.

One of these years, though, I'm going to cave and buy a bottle just because it feels so tingly awesome on my skin. I think in the heat of July I'd LOVE that.

I love me some peppermint so it was with Yule glee that I ordered this scent. It does not disappoint! It is just what I wanted, cool, refreshing peppermint. And my skin eats it also in five minutes. I'm going to try it in the clocket and see if that helps. :huh?:

The original Lick It is still my favorite of this line of scents, but Lick It Til It's Sticky is probably the closest to getting back to the original.

This is slightly sharper and not quite as sweet or hard as the original, and I don't get quite the intense cooling sensation, but this definitely smells like a peppermint candy cane. It smells cold and I can practically taste the peppermint candy when I smell this. The drydown is a bit more menthol-y than I would like as well.

It's a refreshing, freezing peppermint candy. I'm still hoarding the original Lick It and probably won't keep my decant of this one.

Wow. Hello, peppermint! On me, this is cold, crisp, sparkly mint all the way... sugar? What sugar?

This is the first time I've worn a cold perfume. :lol: It's 33 degrees here (Celsius!) and my neck and wrists are chilly!

Not much to add to the other reviews other than to agree. :lol:

Definitely a sweet, sugary peppermint stick.

I won't wear it much, if at all, but since I didn't get last year's Lick It, I wanted to get one this year. I think every stash should have at least one version. ^_^