Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivyandpeony

So you're devastated about Antique Lace...

Um...Liz.

Seriously. If you like leather and smoke (just a *bit* of smoke, not much), you need to try Liz.

I totally agree, i find the vanilla in this one quite similar to Antique Lace, but with leather and a smidgeon of smoke added.

Is Antique Lace still unavailable? Is it ever comming back? It was one of my favourites. I was about to buy a big bottle of it, but it dissapeared before i had a chance. So sad. I even had a friend comment the other day... she was like, 'how come you don't wear Antique Lace anymore?' Aww :(

Morocco and Black Opal are the closest things i have to it... and they aren't close enough.

Call me crazy, but I'm wearing (aged) Dana O' Shee right now and I'm amazed at how much it reminds me of Antique Lace. It has a very similar feel - sort of soft and fuzzy and comforting.

From the ones I've tried, these three are definitely very, very similar to Antique Lace:

Mouses Long and Sad Tale

Morocco (on me it's almost exactly like Antique Lace)

Black Lace

It's funny; I think Morocco and AL are soooo different. Morocco smells like snickerdoodles on me and AL is a very powdery type of vanilla. The closest thing imo is aged Black Lace. It has the same powderyness and the same type of vanilla once it dries.

Um...Liz.

Seriously. If you like leather and smoke (just a *bit* of smoke, not much), you need to try Liz.

I totally agree, i find the vanilla in this one quite similar to Antique Lace, but with leather and a smidgeon of smoke added.

Vanilla + Leather + Smoke...sounds fabulous! I thought Liz had some floral to it though, no? I'm askeered of the flowers!!

I'm really surprised no one mentioned this before. Mama-ji. To me it's exactly Antique Lace but... um... without the vanilla. I know that sounds strange, but it was exactly the same nose-tickling spices and feel. Maybe try layering it?

Um...Liz.

Vanilla + Leather + Smoke...sounds fabulous! I thought Liz had some floral to it though, no? I'm askeered of the flowers!!

I only get the tiniest hint of any floral in Liz, kinda like Antique Lace has a hint of floral with the vanilla to get the "linen" feel....it's only a suggestion of floral really, i don't find it very noticeable at all. Liz is a sexy, fiesty vanilla :)

Re: discussion of Liz vs AL:

I think it really really depends on skin chemistry (and maybe even batch differences). Because I absolutely love all kinds of vanillas and am an avid lover of leather-- but Liz really did NOT work for me at all. It was a cloying floral and tickled my nose (in a not-so-good way). :( So I strongly feel that Liz is "YMMV."

Try Pink Snowballs (quickly, before they melt away!). Very similar in essence to Antique Lace.

For me, Morocco is like a warmer version of AL. It's like AL was out in the sun and got a good glow about it. So basically, if you are able to take the musks warm and cool, it might be able to work out, but YMMV.

I find Boo and my aged bottle of the original Black Lace to be most similar to AL on me.

From the ones I've tried, these three are definitely very, very similar to Antique Lace:

Mouses Long and Sad Tale

Morocco (on me it's almost exactly like Antique Lace)

Black Lace

What, you mean I'm not the only one for whom Morocco is an Antique Lace clone? Good to know.

Nooo! :cry2:

I haven't been able to purchase any BPALs for months now, and I've only just seen this announcement. I've been going through my one and only 5ml of Antique Lace so quickly lately, too.

Hopefully it'll be available again at some point in the future..