Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
antimony

Peace

peace.jpg

I was perplexed at first and couldn't decide what I was smelling though it was familiar, then it came to me. Some scents can be replicated using other oils, in this case I thought I was smelling violets at first, but it is clears that it is the scent of violets replicated with lavender.

It is a calming scent to be sure, and there is something slightly suave around in the background which I would say was a vanilla-like element that takes away the edge which lavender naturally has, but does not interfere with the violetness of the blend.

A very pretty recreation of violets, in some ways a simple scent and the scent that a master would put out to show their proficiency in the craft. Very very attractive and more interesting for sorting out what it really is in my head.

I could not identify any of the particular notes in Peace but my initial impression was that is was sharp and green. Over time it developed a crystalline edge but I found this scent harsher than I would expect from its name.

First, I have to give the lab lots of love. :P They surprised me with a 5ml of this as a thank you to a matter that I brought to their attention. So a great big :D from me to all of them.

This started off soapy on me. I think it's the same note that I observed in Numb. Unlike Numb, however, the soapiness quickly got shoved to the background on me, and in its place is a very... purple scent. I'm wanting to say violet, orchid, or wisteria (I wouldn't have thought about this one if not for a previous review, I can definitely see it, though..) but maybe some combination of the three. It's a nice juicy warm smell. I really don't smell lavendar in this, though aroma-thereapically speaking it makes sense with a name like Peace.

FYI: This came to me in a Twilight Alchemy Lab bottle, so I'm assuming that it just was and/or will be released as such.

in the bottle: herbal. eucalyptus. Pine.

wet: pine faintly floral. still very herbal

this is an extremely herbal scent. it has a breath of pine, and something *very* faintly floral. there is a definite pepper note. i believe i also detect some lavander the longer it dries the more prominent the "floral" note becomes it is definitely a violet scent, i love how the pine deepens it, and the pepper spikes it and violets are just amazing, win me over more times then not. i love it. i soo soo hope i can get more then just this baby impling

Definitely Lavender and Ecalyptus with a hint of lemon while wet.

After dry down all I really can detect is lavender soap. Truly this is lovely but needs a little more throw for my liking. Still on my 1-5 scale, thisis a 4

Rating (on skin): 1/5

Summarised in a word or two: Cold pine.

In the imp/bottle: Strong, strong lavender; lavender that jumps out of the imps and pokes you in the face. There's also an herbal undertone to this (eucalyptus, maybe?). Not what I expected at all.

On skin, wet: Lavender and eucalyptus, and perhaps pine?

On skin, dry: The eucalyptus gets stronger, and there's another herbal note, I think, that I can't place. Sage? Lavender is still the dominant note.

Conclusion: Very strong, with an intense throw. After the lavender began to give me a headache, I attempted to wash this off, but it decided to cling to my skin for dear life. Several hours later, it's still faintly there. Why can't it ever be the scents I like that have the amazing staying power?

Edited by Aredhel

I'm trying this as part of the TAL Circular Swap.

In the imp, this smells soft, but familiar. I'm not getting the lavender/violet scent that others are getting, but more of the juniper in a snowfall scent, or almost the scent of natural a "natural" lemon mint toothpaste I used to buy. This actually reminds me a little bit of the soft notes in Skadi, now that I think of it.

Unfortunately, the tiny amont I applied evaporated almost immediately on me. Ihope it does become more readily available, so that I can play with it more, as it is really quite lovely.

Edited by emzebel

Wet I smell lavender (pretty appropriate for a scent called Peace. Lavender is supposed to calm, but I've never found it overly calming...) There's something very sweet in here too, like a Necco wafer, or a peach. It's lurking underneath the lavender, and the latter is giving it an herby tang

There's also something slightly pine-like, but it's underneath the lavender.

That sweet undertone is becoming more incensey as it dries, and I dig that.

I also smell something soapy as time passes, like lavender soap.

After more time- violet candy soap over lavender?

First on this is very menthol and cold. Juniper? Most likely eucalyptus. There's also something that smells slightly peppery in the background.

In the drydown I'm getting lavender soap, and perhaps some florals.

I don't love this one... it's pretty bland on me.

Bottle (Imp): Possibly musky, or maybe I'm picking up some sharpish herbs.

Just On: Yeah, it's more herby than musky.

An hour or two later: It's faded pretty quickly.

Around 6 hours: It's gone.

12 hours: Still gone.

Overall: Some kind of green herbs, and maybe musk. I just don't know what else to add.

After reading other reviews: Hmmm, sharpish herbs could be the lavender, and I did see musk mentioned. I'd love to see this come out.

An imp of this was included in my most recent order.

My main impression is a fresh, crisp, lavender-herbal type scent. I detect green notes, but the lavender really comes through on my skin. If I didn't know this was "Peace," I'd think it was part of the Somnium range.

A pleasant and refreshing, yet calming, scent, is my take on it.

I put just a little of this on the back of my hand this morning, At first, it wasn't really doing anthing for me, it jsut smelled very green lavender, and I'm more a sweets person. I ended up putting on something totally different for the day, but by the time I came home (5-6 hours later) all I can smell is Peace. It's a sweet, peppery lavender and I love it.

I’m trying this through the Unreleased Sniffing Circle.

In the Imp: lavender, maybe a touch of eucalyptus. It’s a coolish smelling oil to me.

On the Skin, Initial Impression: oh yes, it’s lavender all right. At first it’s pretty sharp, but it softens pretty quickly. It gets slightly powdery on me as it dries but also a bit sweeter.

After about 20 minutes: Lavender and violets. It gets much softer on me the longer I wear it. I find this oil very cooling and think it would be great in hot weather. I have to say though that it fades pretty quickly on me.

Overall: Nice, I like it. It is a very soothing scent yet also refreshing. Unfortunately, it disappears pretty quick. But, the oil is very well suited to its name.

On my first whiff...I got peace. Pure peace.

When I come back to earth, I get lavender...and then violets.

I don't like violet as a rule, but I like the way this makes me feel.

I had a difficult night so far, thus I decided to sample Peace while I go to bed. I recieved an imp in a lab order sometime over the past year. (shush I know I've slacked big time on reviews!)

Pepperish notes with Juniper? My first impressions are intriuged. It's absolutly calming. I felt better and less tense as I sit and sniff. There's something a little sweet under the rest of it, maybe a light flower like a hint of lilly of the valley and violet. Definatly Juniper and some lavander are what I notice the most, but not the garden lavander- the sea lavander that grows in a salt water marsh. More of a tang to it.

I do feel soothed, similar reation to Anthelion which I tried the other day.

Peace - When wet on my skin, all I smell is strong, overpowering lavendar. It's so strong that it's unpleasant, and I'm concerned I will have to wash it off. However, as soon as the oil dries, another floral note begins to dominate, and I realize it's violets! Purple violets over a soft bed of purple lavendar. There may also be a drop of rose in this blend, but I couldn't identify that note for certain. This certainly has a peaceful quality to it, as it's very soft, calming, and relaxing. I really love this one. The throw is minimal and the lasting power is moderate. I am thinking this could make a lovely scent for my oil burner, to give my entire home a sense of peace and serenity.

I got this as an extra due to a snafu with a Trading Post order, so here I am so review~

In the imp this smells like lavender and some other very green herby stuff I can't identify. Lavender and I almost never get along, but this isn't bad enough to rule out a try-on.

On, it smells like straight up lavender soap. No shifting, no nothing, and I had a low-grade headache by the end of the evening from being stubborn and not washing it off. Peace is gonna have to go find someone else to love it.

In Bottle: Woody herbal lavendar

On Skin: Very strong and quite sour woods with a sharp herbal edge. I also get a bunch of lavendar. Sadly, lavendar is one of my least favorite notes, and combined with the herbs, this sour sharp scent is almost too much for me to handle. I smell lemon I think as well. This smells like a lavendar soap I think, which if you love lavendar, you must try this blend. It’s relaxing but also the sharpness of it offers a nice pick me up. In the background is a slight sweetness, maybe violet because it’s seems floral and purple still. Lavendar and violet compliment each other pretty well. But it is not a scent I’d wear. I’m thinking of using it for a linen spray or sachets for my bed sheets. It is a great sleep blend, just not a body perfume for me. Medium throw and long wearlength.

here's a chemical smell about this that means it's not pleasing me so much. Definitely some flowers in there, and some cucumber, and the net result for me is a strong lye soap. Swap pile.

My girlfriend says it smells like Pledge.

Score: 2 out of 5

I smell herbs and lavender. I really like this, even though lavender scents all pretty much smell the same to me. This lavender is fairly sharp and kind of medicinal.

I'm not sure what's in this one since it's unreleased with no description, but it smells horrible on me. It's a woodsy earthy blend, which 9 times out of erm... 9, goes horribly wrong on me. Definite herb in there somewhere but no lavender as previously mentioned by reviewers... it doesn't have that spicy sort of kick to it that I associate with lavender..

This is clean and peppery on me, with a sharp herbal note following after it. Interesting. After a minute, a strong resin overtakes the other notes, making it almost a woodsy blend. Astringent, sweet, clean. Lavender! I think this is reminding me of a TAL blend, but I can't remember which one.

Peace

I received this from the Labbies…what a wonderful surprise!!!

I have had this frimp for quite a while..and really didn’t know it was an unreleased fragrance till I tried to find in on the BPAL website…so this will be interesting.

Let’s see how I do!!!

Initial sniff from frimp-Something a bit herbal..maybe a touch of something with eucaplyptus..perhaps a touch of lemon??? I am not quite sure..could be lavender..it’s a bit sharp..but all in all it smells very clean…almost like soap.

Applied wet on skin-It’s a bit faint on me..but yes..it’s kind of herbal..a touch green..something smells like lemon too..and a bit a touch of wood. No florals to speak of..nothing aquatic on me either. I wonder if there is juniper in here???

Couple of minutes on skin:I think it is lavender..but a softer lavender now…and yes..yes..I think there might be some violet too..but the violet is a bit reminiscent of the violet in Bluebeard..so this particular violet isn’t headache-inducing…and if I don’t have my wrist shoved up my nose I can’t smell it. Interestingly though..I get wafts of it when I am typing though. Yes..lavender and violet..with some sort of soft citrus-like tang in the back.

Ten minutes later:Softened..but still has presence on my skin..it’s lavender softened with violet…a wisp of herbal and a bit of wood.

Twenty minutes later:Hehehehehe..now it’s more of the powdery violet..softly wafting but there nonetheless and the lavender in the backseat. Interesting. I have to say..I was convinced this was an imp I didn’t need to keep around but I might change my mind. Both lavender and violet are notes that normally don’t work well on me but in this blend they kind do..together..which is amazing.

It’s not something I would seek to wear..but I do find at this stage the fragrance to be quite soothing..sort of.

Drydown: Soft candied violet

Bottom Line: Peace actually is a very serene fragrance…and although I probably wouldn’t wear it as a fragrance I think it would work effectively to center oneself. I think it would work well as a room fragrance so I might try it in that capacity. I think my mom would really like it.

This one has that sharp, herbal lavender in it. It reminds me of cleaning products or medicine you might take when you're sick. I'm not sure what's supposed to be peaceful about this blend -- it doesn't smell very peaceful to me. (But I'm not a fan of scents like this, either, which is probably why it doesn't smell comforting to me.)