Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Lycanthrope

Ogygia

Sea air, kelp, and climbing vines, flame-singed cedarwood and juniper branches, cypress boughs, alder wood, violets, selino, parsley, glistritha, and white sage.

On me, this scent was very chemical-clean with a sense of muddled, soapy woods in the background. As it faded, the woods started to be more prominent, but they weren't able to rescue the scent. It's not great on me - I'll swap or pass on to a friend.

It's fresh and herbal for me. It borders on being soapy without making that final push, which I'm grateful for. I get some cedar and cypress mingled with parsley and sage. All the potential soapiness wears down once dry and leaves a very soft woodsy scent behind. It's very nice and I think it will be wonderful to wear come springtime.

2 & 1/2 yo Ogygia:

In the bottle: extremely salty
Just on: SO fresh - like, the cleanest laundry sheets you ever smelled!
5 minutes: still fresh, but now there's a burnt woodsy smell taking the lead, with a sprinkle of herbs making it be more refined.
10 minutes: a crisp, woodsy, seaside garden of flowers
15 minutes: still some wood lingering in the background, but the salty crispness has definitely overtaken the scent for now
20 minutes: Woodsy, crisp, herbal - I'm pretty sure the woodsy herbal is the juniper.
Half an hour: Still very crisp, and the juniper smell has mellowed considerably but is still there. I liked it better before it mellowed, but I'm still really liking this as well. I think I also detect some flowers in the background - faintly.
40 minutes: Something very sharp has overtaken everything else - and I'm not familiar enough with some of the scents in here like glistritha and selino to know what it might be.
50 minutes: Okay, just very sharp herbal now, but not like before, when it had me sneezing.
An hour: Fresh, clean linen, washed with something made to smell your linen like herbs. Not meaning to say artificial, just very clean, and herbal.
80 minutes: Soft, clean, herbal - nothing standing out too much, just soft and clean.
100 minutes: very clean, like a wonderfully expensive soap (although not all the way soapy). Less herbal than it was.
2 hours: A bit faint, but a fresh herb garden. Wonderful.
3 hours: very faint herbal

I continue to really really love this scent. =3

Really complex and strong, sweet aquatic and herbal. Something is amping and taking away the complexity again. This happens to me so often, its frustrating. In a few minutes after applying, the sweet aquatic and fake evergreen scents are whats left, faintly. Would love to smell this if it was made with pure essential oils.

I got this as a frimp from Cali & am eternally grateful because I'd never think to order it myself! 😄  This scent intrigues me. On paper, it shouldn’t work with my skin – green scents often turn to unpleasant soap, while aquatics usually just don’t quite sit right. But this works. Oh it works.

In the imp, it smells sharp, green and salty, with the barest hint of flowers.

Wet, it goes through a soapy, floral phase which almost tricked me into thinking I would hate it. It’s not unpleasant; it just smells like old-fashioned soap. After a few moments, the parsley pushes forward, and the woods begin to deepen and anchor the scent. The flowers give an alluring heart to this scent, almost wrapping the other notes around them like the cave at the centre of the island.

Dry, it settles beautifully. The saltiness becomes almost a skin-musk, with warm woods and a hint of grassy green beyond it. I love it. It’s fresh, elegant, androgynous, and not overpowering.

Sharpish floral aquatic, reminds me of Waves of Mist a bit, which I love. Has a ton of ingredients I'm unfamiliar with so it's hard to pick out notes. This reminds a bit of Lady of Shalott minus the very prevalent ginger note. The parsley is very interesting here, it's herbal and the violets  play very well with the seawater. Sort of fresh but not dryer sheets, and definitely floral with a slight herbal tinge. It's sophisticated. Very hard to review because there are soooo many notes I'm unfamiliar with, but I definitely enjoyed it!

The salty sea air and greenery of the kelp are strong in this one, but damn, there's something weird going on in here. I get something bell pepper-y in here (what is causing that? I am not familiar with all of the notes listed in this blend, so it could be one of them on its own or something combining with something else, like maybe the parsley combining with the ivy? :think: ) as well as an incense-y quality to this aquatic that I think is due to the cedar.

This one is not for me, but it was nice to get a chance to try it in my quest to try the GC (and I don't have that many remaining in that category to try)!