Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Caerphilly

Occurrence at the Diner

OCCURRENCE AT THE DINER
House salad, no dressing.

Wow! I'm the first to really review this.... I'm kind of nervous. :)

In the bottle: Floral. Smells like salad, but a bouquet of light flowers mixed in with the salad. Very white and pale green. Pretty.

Wet: It smells like the Unicorn and Squirting Cucumber mixed together. I can smell l
linden blossoms, lettuce, and cucumbers. Very light, not overpowering. Strong enough for me to smell, but not heavy and nauseating like some florals can be.

Dry: This scent does not last that long, but longer than most light scents. The second Squirting Cucumber touches my skin, it's gone. This isn't. Remains pretty much the same as when wet. Doesn't really morph.

Overall: I really love this scent. It doesn't last that long, but it is really very pretty. And of course it's awesome that it's Amanda Palmer! I would definitely get this scent again.

I must not have read the description carefully because I got this fully expecting it to smell like ranch or Italian dressing. Heh, which would be weird because I do recall sniffing it at Cobwebs/Convergence.

On my skin this is a crispy greens scent with a definite floral vibe.

This starts out with a white floral (and maybe even a bit ozone-y - it's got a detergent kind of vibe), but it quickly morphs into a green, grassy scent. As it dries, it becomes almost identical to A Blade of Grass, which to me is the wonderful scent of freshly mown grass in the summer. Huh. If Occurrence at the Diner smells this way, I wonder what Unexpected Golf Hazard smells like. :think:

On wet, this scent is incredible. I get a TON of wild lettuce. It's cool, fresh and lovely.

As it dries however, I get a mildly dirty/soapy note.... like as if my lettuce had been covered in dust.

BOO.

I really don't get a lot of green, (maaaaybe a touch), just piles of ozone here. Very clean smelling, really kind of like a nice hotel soap. I think there is a bit of floral here as well. Not for me.

I read an article on the Comics Alliance site that described this perfume as "a breakfast-themed coffee/maple/bacon perfume matching a diner scene death." I thought that sounded awesome, so I was really let down when the scents were finally released and this was described as "house salad" (which is also my reaction whenever anyone gives me an actual salad for eating).

Lettuce scents tend to not work on me, because the lettuce goes oddly sharp and perfumey. I get that sharp green perfume smell here. For a while, it sort of smells like sharp green grass. As it dries down, it's like a sharp lettuce and grass salad sitting next to a bar of floral soap. It's perfumey and strange on me.

Occurrence at the Diner is really light on my skin and fades away within an hour. I don't love it while it lasts, though.

Grasssssss. Bright green, springy grass, not the wild-looking stuff in my yard. Dries to a more vegetable-ish green scent.

When I blind-tested this, I was shocked to find out that it wasn't Golf Hazard.

When I saw the description I knew I had to try this one. It's just too good.

In imp: Cologney and green. There is definitely something bizarrely...lettucey about it, even though lettuce doesn't have much of a scent.

Wet: Still watery and green, but it's a clean scent that doesn't really remind me of lettuce now, or vegetables. Pretty nondescript, though. A ha! Grass! That's what it smells like. Straight grass, pretty much, fresh cut.

Dry: Fading fast, but still clean and inoffensive enough. 2/5

In the decant: I’m getting lots of perfume-y lettuce from this. I recognize the note from Rapunzel.

Wet: This is perfume-y, green, and somewhat sharp. I get the lettuce, and after a little bit, I can smell some cucumber as well

Dry: Really perfume-y lettuce and cucumber (although the cucumber is not as strong as it had been). This is a clean, green scent.

Verdict: It was really nice to be able to try another WKAP scent, but I am not feeling the lettuce in this, and I prefer Squirting Cucumber as far as cucumber goes.