Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
violetblue

The Last Squished Jellybean

Every single order placed with Black Phoenix Trading Post from now (September 2) til November 2nd will receive an imp of the Last Squished Jelly Bean. -No description

I had a feeling this would be licorice and I was right...funny because I always avoid black licorice like the plague and black jelly beans have always grossed me out! But this one is a sophisticated, black licorice, and I swear I detect a mint/tea note with it too....

Love it for the novelty, thank you BPTP!! But don't think I'll be slathering the little bit I have in the imp...

(Label art is adorable too!)

My first impression of this was cinnamon, cinnamon like Big Red gum, that kind of cinnamon. Tasty-smelling, very much.

And then, as it warmed on my skin, something came out underneath that smelled like rye bread -- I'd say it's fennel, but it's probably anise, 'cause there's a slight sharpness about it that fennel doesn't have.

Ultimately, it settled down into a very nice, well-blended scent that's a lot like the inside of a craft store, cinnamon and twigs and such that you might use to make a fall wreath. Very nice. Why must I become enamored of such a rare scent? Evil, I tell you.

I almost didn't see this in the box. I thought this might be a very sweet scent, but I agree that this is black licorice. I also can detect a bit of mint. A nice surprise. Love the label art. Adorable.

The Last Squished Jellybean - Licorice jellybeans are my favorite! This is definitely a sugar- and gel-laden black licorice jellybean. :yum: I also smell something slightly minty in it, too. In a way, it kind of reminds me of the GC Absinthe (but it's definitely not a dupe -- just has some similar qualities). I'm so excited to have this. I love smelling like black licorice and sugar. Delicious!

i've never liked anise. or licorice. but those cheap, cheap jellybeans? i love the black ones. i know, they're supposed to be licorice but i guess i only like the cheap kind. same way i think i prefer "imitation vanilla flavouring" to the real thing. i'm classy like that, i guess.

anyway, what i think this is? is a (yes, black) jellbean that's loose in the bottom of the bag (pillowcase, probably) from trick or treating. it was smooshed up against a cinnamon candy for awhile, and maybe a piece of the unwrapped peppermint got stuck to it, too. it got squished when the bag started to get heavy and you stopped holding it up so high and accidentally stepped on it - and almost tripped and spilled everything!

i've been enjoying sniffing this as it changes...but it really seems to me like a cheap black jellybean (my favourite!) that got bits of some other candies stuck on it, too.

overall? i like it!

Origin: Straight from the Trading Post

Initial Thoughts: I'm not exactly a jellybean person or a foody scent person, but if they want to give me a free imp, I'm not going to argue!

In the Vial: Anise and sugar. The sugar tames the worst of the licorice scent.

Wet: Still sugar-drenched licorice. At the moment it's a very pleasant, playful fragrance.

Drydown: The anise gets a little stronger and the sugar-sweet fades a bit. It's also staying very close to the skin.

Verdict: Hm. It's not bad, but probably others will love this much more than me.

Definitely anise/licorice, but on the herbal side. I didn't get much sweetness at all. Also, I frankly HATE licorice, and this was...not bad. Clearly there's something in there besides straight licorice, but I couldn't identify what. Very interesting.

It starts out a very strong anise, nice and spicy. There's a slight sweetness underneath that never gets any stronger. I hate licorice jellybeans, but this is awesome. :D

NOM. The last jellybean smells like the licorice ones and the cinnamon ones from the spicy-jellybean bag smooshed together--yum!! The cinnamon dominates at first with the licorice/anise taking over the longer it dries. Foody wonderfulness, and this has great throw and staying power. We can haz bottles???

In the imp, there was anise and something green, like grass, that put me off. Before I gave it away, I thought I'd test it. On application, it is more of a chewy, sugary cinnamon that has a pleasant sweet heat to it. Foodie, yummy, very pleasant little freebie perk. :)

Smelled like cinnamon in the bottle.

Wet stage on me, smelled like one of those big cinnamon fireballs.

As it dried it became this sweet woody cinnamon. Maybe that was the Anise coming out? I don't know, but it lasted a long time. I accidentally put it on instead of another before I went to work. After 8 hours in a kitchen I could still smell the squished jelly bean.

I want a bottle. :wub2: Nothing else has ever outlasted 8 hours in our kitchen.

The Last Squished Jellybean...

On first sniff I got licorice & anise right away with a little bit of cinnamon. Dabbing it on my wrist, it's all cinnamon & it hasn't changed in hours. I keep smelling my wrist. Yum!!!!

OMG! This smells divine. I really wish this came in a 5ml bottle because my frimp won't last.

:wub:

Iceblink and I must have twin noses. The Last Squished Jellybean is anise and cinnamon and maybe a touch of mint and/or wintergreen? It smells just like the 'spice' jellybeans. Super cute! However, my skin eats it up--it lasts only minutes.

First, it's anise with slightly minty herbal notes.

Then, it's anise anise fennel anise fennel licorice OMGOMOMG!NOM! :thud:

Finally, this is a sugary sweet black licorice jelly bean. Perfect in every way. I can't stop sniffing my hand. :wub2:

(black jelly beans are mah faaaaaavorite jelleh beeeaaannnn!)

In the imp, this smells like sharp cinnamon and something dark, herbal, and slightly minty.

On my skin, this is red hots cinnamon candies beating a stick of spearmint gum to death. My skin amps up cinnamon and I don't like it when it smells like sharp red hots candies. After a while, this smells exactly like Big Red cinnamon gum. When I was in grade school, everyone chewed that gum and the smell of it made me sick. Sharp cinnamon candy.

I can't wear this one without getting a headache and feeling like I'm trapped back in school :/

ETA: And this one has so much cinnamon in it that it left a huge, itchy red welt on my wrist. Lots o' cinnamon here...

Edited by Little Bird

The Last Squished Jellybean

In the imp and fresh on my skin, I get the fabled BPAL pickle note. Whoo hoo! As the oil dries, it morphs (thank goodness) into something that smells just like Partylite's Hocus Pocus candles. It continues to morph a bit, becoming spicier and "hot" to my nose. I think the anise suggestions are right on the money. This isn't a me scent, but it's a wonderful representation of the season.

On me, this is licorice and vetiver. It smells like evil-licorice on my skin. :twisted:

If these were available in bottles, I'd buy two.

ETA: I asked my husband what he thought it smelled like and he says "red hots" too. Why does my nose not pick up the cinnamon in this???

Edited by angelicruin

Oh I wish I had a bottle of this beauty cinnamon licorice sugary yum!

I love the smell and I'm tempted to lick myself after a while I get a sorta cinnamon minty smell oh I love it!

At first, TLSJ was all black jellybeans (mmm, anise). As it dried, it rounded out with some cinnamon. I'm not a foody, but I can safely say that I could hoard this. The throw is minimal, but it seems to have a good deal of staying power. Why are these LE Frimps always my favorites?

In the imp: There's a sweet mint and a sugary licorice.

Wet: I'm really liking the mint in this! I'm not a fan of licorice, but this seems to be a licorice that has been liberally mixed with a lot of sugar.

The dry-down: The cinnamon is finally coming out to play. I do wish that the minty note would stick around a lot longer, though. I think that if I wear this, I'll put it in my clocket, so as to keep the mint note going. :)

Oh. My. God. I love this.

imp: *ugh* black licorice.

wet: spicy cinnamon with an earthy, dark undertone. Nice throw, too.

*huh* The boy perked up with a "oooo, what smells gooooood" It even got an eyebrow wiggle (unheard of! in regard to smellies)

Drydown: it fades after a couple hours but leaves a spicy, playful hint.

I.must.get.more.

imp: sweet anise and cardamom.

wet: the anise is fairly sweet but not quite jellybean sweet. it's backed with what smells like cardamom and cinnamon.

dry: in the end this smells like a cross between black jellybeans and red hots. :yum: