Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
midnight_aeval

Unexpected Golf Hazard

A freshly mowed teeing ground.

In the bottle this is freshly mowed grass in the early morning of a summer day.

On my skin, the scent stays pretty true to what it smelled like in the bottle. It's definitely reminiscent of walking a golf course on an early tee time. So early that the grass is still wet from the morning dew. It also invokes 'quietness', like you're the only person on the course.

It's a mellow blend and another fun one to get to try.

My husband has a bottle of this thanks to a lovely person who picked it up at Comic Con for me. :heart:

Anyhow, in the bottle it smells exactly like freshly mowed grass out on the fairway which means it makes me sneeze. :lol: That doesn't stop him from wearing it though. He loves it and wears it often. On him, it goes slightly sweet after a while which takes the edge off the grassiness but it still manages to keep that nature-y vibe to it overall. I tell him it's taking pity on my allergies, hee.

In the bottle: Freshly mowed grass, with the sprinklers on.

Wet: Smells liked grass, sprinklers and wet soil. The wet soil part really stands out on my skin, and the grass isn't as strong as it was out of the bottle.

Dry: Soap. The grass is gone. The watery smell is gone. The soil smell isn't there. It's just soap. And I don't understand where it's coming from. Usually lilies turn to soap on me, but 'daylilies at the bottom of the stairs' didn't turn soapy on me. Strange.

Overall: I was most excited about this Amanda Palmer scent, but alas, it doesn't like me. Lovely green grass smell, but it morphs from wet to dry too much and the end result isn't pleasant. Will swap. :(

I am amazed how these scents really capture the descriptions.

This one is no exception. Fresh cut grass. Summery and pretty nice.

Hmm, another bitter WKAP scent. Like the Typewriter one, this one has a strong bitterness to it. It's more of a 'weedy' grass, rather than fresh untouched, no weeds grass. It's like you've mowed nettles and dandelions, various wildflowers and of course, grass. I liked the smell of this in the imp, but on, it is just wrong. So far, my skin just doesn't like these Amanda Palmer blends.

YUM! This has the same bright green grass note that Host of Air and Green Party does (and now that I think of it, was a minor bit player in Dog Days of Summer if my olfactory memory serves, which sometimes it does not).

Where as GP and HoA have other components to it, this is more of a straight up 'grass' blend. Bright, green, sort of clean laundry smelling. I think in general the BPAL 'grass' blend may contain lilies, as mr. zee_zee says he smells them every time I wear GP and HoA.

A lot of green grass type scents are too sharp and bitter for me, or I like them, but don't find them very wearable as a perfume. I find this to be very soft and wearable, though. I had my husband smell this without telling him the notes or name, and he said it smells like pretty dandelions and pink flowers. It reminds me a lot of Garden Path With Chickens, but less floral. I get a similar, sunny herbs and sun-warmed green grass feel from this blend, and just a little bit of a sweet wildflower scent. It's both outdoorsy and pretty & girly smelling to me. I like this a lot. :wub2:

Ozone in the imp, grass on my skin. Grass and dirt, I think. The green grass is very, very strong on me.

In the Imp: sharp green grass clippings.

Initial on: still green grass, but there is something a little dirty and sunny coming through.

Dry: Stays much the same as the initial application, but just a little sunnier. Lovely.

Unexpected Golf Hazard - Freshly mowed grass and a hint of dirt, like what you'd smell when pulling the tee up out of the ground. Very green, fresh, sharp, and earthy.

In the decant: Bitter, fresh grass clippings.

Wet: This is very green. It smells like freshly mown grass and a bit of dirt. I think that some dandelions may have dotted the lawn and gotten mowed down as well, but mostly, it’s GRASS. Freshly cut, dripping (if that makes sense), grass.

Dry: After the blast of grass calms down, this ends up being a light, clean, floral scent on my skin. It’s not dandelions I’m getting, though. It’s softer and reads as a pale, white or yellow floral note to my nose. I prefer this stage of the scent.

Verdict: The grass in this one is too much for me during the wet stage, but it definitely fits its description! I am really glad I got to try this WKAP scent, but I can’t see myself reaching for this one.