Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

LUCY, KISSED
There was a long spell of silence, big, aching, void, and then from the Professor a keen "S-s-s-s!" He pointed, and far down the avenue of yews we saw a white figure advance, a dim white figure, which held something dark at its breast. The figure stopped, and at the moment a ray of moonlight fell upon the masses of driving clouds, and showed in startling prominence a dark-haired woman, dressed in the cerements of the grave. We could not see the face, for it was bent down over what we saw to be a fair-haired child. There was a pause and a sharp little cry, such as a child gives in sleep, or a dog as it lies before the fire and dreams. We were starting forward, but the Professor's warning hand, seen by us as he stood behind a yew tree, kept us back. And then as we looked the white figure moved forwards again. It was now near enough for us to see clearly, and the moonlight still held. My own heart grew cold as ice, and I could hear the gasp of Arthur, as we recognized the features of Lucy Westenra. Lucy Westenra, but yet how changed. The sweetness was turned to adamantine, heartless cruelty, and the purity to voluptuous wantonness. Van Helsing stepped out, and obedient to his gesture, we all advanced too. The four of us ranged in a line before the door of the tomb.

Van Helsing raised his lantern and drew the slide. By the concentrated light that fell on Lucy's face we could see that the lips were crimson with fresh blood, and that the stream had trickled over her chin and stained the purity of her lawn death-robe.

Diabolical voluptuousness, a siren song from the grave: juniper and yew brushing against blackened violets and funeral roses, red musk and hot blood, veined white marble and icy, brittle musk, all pulsing with the sinister, hypnotic scent of patchouli, amber, oude, and cubeb.

Wow, I am first!!! Received it today and it immediately reminded me of Spellbound - has to be a close relative for sure! Just a little dab will do ya, this doesn't warrant slathering! Just a bit and the throw was great, not too strong, not too light. I don't pick out single notes, just a heavenly, incensey/musky rosy blend. It's dark without being musty or evil! I adore it and will love wearing it for a night out on the town - definitely an evening/night scent - a bit too heavy I think for warm weather during the day...

Lucy, Kissed - This is a heavy, dark, red musk scent. The red musk definitely dominates, but it's deepened and thickened by the other dark notes in this blend. There's a very raw and earthy feel about this blend, almost primal. It's a fascinating scent, certain to get better with age, and likely to be loved by those who enjoy red musk and dark, sinister scents.

I agree that this is a dark blend- even stains my skin a little!

In the bottle: I smell incense, men's cologne and something sweet and floral.

On my skin: The cologny smell disappears (thank goodness) and the incense REALLY comes out (dragon's blood and red musk?) and I get a hint of floral sweetness. Very thick.

After awhile: The red musk increases and turns the scent very ashen and dry. I smell something underneath that is almost bitter- not sure what that is. There is also something cool and clean filtering through the heavier notes every now and then which might be the florals trying to surface.

Its a very red scent and there is something crunchy and brown that I associate with incense sticks but not the smoke. I really hope the floral comes out a little more as I think then it would be perfect. The throw isn't terribly strong on me but the scent itself is heavy so I imagine when I'm moving around it will waft in a favorable way. It would be too overwhelming if it were stronger.

Conclusion: I love the scent, the story and the artwork (sooo pretty!) so this is a keeper. It seems like it will be wonderful for the cooler weather and at night (probably will wear it to my book signing at Horrorfind next weekend!). I'm a little worried about that bitter note but this is also not the time to be testing smellies so I will try again in a few days after the monthly curse moves on...

EDIT: Tried again today and it's much sweeter! :D The roses and violets seem to come out more and it smells a little bit like zombie without the earth. The incense and musk is still there but it has toned down a little more. VERY wearable for me (though not to work of course) and I'll be wearing it to my event this weekend so keep your fingers crossed for some 'ohh you smell good' comments. ;)

Edited by Yoginispirit

The only ingredient in Lucy, Kissed that made me pause slightly before ordering was the rose, because rose hates me. But there is supposedly rose in Crypt Queen, which is a scent I adore and which doesn't at all come across as rose on my skin, so I had to take a chance on this too. I am so glad that I did!

Initially, it is all red musk, patchouli, and dragon's blood yumminess on me- not a bad start, but very reminiscent of Lust, which I already have. The red musk stays out in front of the patchouli, and they both quickly dry down to the point where I can detect a violet/rose floral mingled with the dragon's blood. Fortunately it's not overpoweringly rose. There is an earthiness to this, but not the Graveyard Dirt kind of earthiness. Overall, this is very evocative of Lucy's dark seductiveness after she's been turned.

My body chemistry allows me to easily wear scents that others describe as dark and heavy, and this is something I can see myself wearing frequently. This is so nice that I'm thinking it may even be 2nd bottle-worthy.

This is sooooooooo creepy. Probably the creepiest smell I've ever smelled - it reminds me of Nosferatu or Black Annis in feel - it has the same kind of vibe. It really captures the scenes in the crypt very well. Layered with Sarah it is a total knockout, both in creepiness and good-smellingness, and is very evocative of her death scene.

Since Lucy's death scene is pretty suggestive (not just to over-analyzers like me - seriously, spewing fluids and writhing around and screaming while a dude thrusts a phallic object into you while looking "like a figure of Thor" and "driving deeper and deeper" is pretty dang suggestive) the red musk mixed with blood makes perfect sense. It is also extremely creepy. That it is so pretty, mixing the musk and blood with rose, makes it even creepier. It's much more of a seduction by evil sort of scent than an out-and-out sexy scent. Whatever is doing the seducing is definitely dead.

I'm not as nuts about it as I am Lucy in Darkness, which is now officially one of my Favorite Things Ever, but I really like it. It captures its subject well and is perfect for this time of year.

This is a very impressive blend.. diabolical voluptuousness indeed!

It starts off quite heavy on the patchouli, juniper and oude, very earthy and feral smelling. Then the red musk and blood come out, and it sweetens up beautifully but the patchouli is still there keeping it dark and mysterious. After about 30 minutes on my skin, I get the rose (this would be a deep red velvety rose) and that's mixing with the blood & red musk to give it almost a fruity vibe - I'm guessing it's the violets messing around with things that's creating the sweetness. Then it changes again and goes back to being all dark and mysterious.

This is a scent that throbs. Throbs? Yes, throbs. As in.. it's very alive, it keeps changing and getting more and more interesting as it wears. I agree with previous reviewers - this doesn't seem like a day scent, it needs to be worn at night with your sexy vamp gear or most seductive corsetry.

I think this is exactly what Lucy may have smelled like and I'm quite sure this will have hypnotic properties if placed strategically on the neck :)

When I wear this...I see the image of Lucy's ruby red lips as she holds the child to her bosom in Bram Stoker's Dracula. This smells of a fresh redness...juicy redness like an overipe strawberry on my skin. It is tempered by the red musk....and while Mircalla is drop dead sexy sassy vampire...this is juicy red. Like warmed red fruit with just a hint of blood. :yum: :eek:

In the bottle, this is smooth red musk (almost a dark, grapey smell to me) with hints of earthy patchouli and a cool, foresty smell that must be the juniper or yew.

On my skin, this gets warmer and sharper. The red musk amps up, smelling red, slightly grapey, warm, and smoky-musky. There are hints of powdery amber underneath the red musk, but I can't pick out any of the other notes. I don't smell any rose here at all, and my skin usually amps up rose notes so that they overpower everything else. As it dries down, I get more and more baby powdery amber.

Lucy, Kissed smells better in the bottle than it does on my skin. The red musk and amber amp up and drown out the other notes that I'd enjoy more. The amped up red musk makes this smell like a lot of other blends that I already own, and I don't love the powdery drydown. I'm hoping that this gets better with age...

In the bottle this smells like red musk and patchouli.

Upon application, there is a flash of juniper and yew.

The florals develop quickly. I smell a rich rose note, but the violet is more pronounced. This is a pleasant surprise- I love violet perfumes but they rarely turn out on my skin. The amber provides a lovely backdrop for the florals.

After the floral stage a note emerges that smells like a chill down my spine. That must be the icy brittle musk mentioned in the description. It smells...icy. And brittle.

The red musk is right there throughout the wear of the perfume. The patchouli is there, but faintly.

At some point the notes blend together in a generally purpley-red smell.

On the dry down the florals and amber come back, only softer. There are flashes of juniper. The musk is still there in the background, but with a slightly more golden, resinous quality.

The perfume lingers for hours. Eight hours after I put this on I can faintly smell a resinous rosy musk on my wrist.

Edited to add: I dabbed some of Lucy, Kissed on the collar of a new winter jacket, and buried my face in the thick faux fur to experience scent off my skin. My exact thoughts were "Mmmm....musk....roses....violets.....BLOOD?!" I distinctly smelled fresh, wet blood! I am impressed! I wonder if I imagined it? 10/15

Edited by Amaranthus

Red musk and patchouli--this is almost a dead ringer for Lust on me. Maybe just a teeny bit sweeter from the blood and flowers. It's gorgeous, and I do love Lust, but I'm not sure I need more of it...however this might smell completely different with age, knowing what's in it. Good stuff though.

In the imp: Roses and violets that have been left out in the cold winter rain in a cemetery to rot, sadly. (I'm not picking up an aquatic note, it's just the idea of coldness.)

Wet: The red musk rises to the top, with the heady florals. The cubeb is giving its usual peppery note, but only slightly; and there's a coldness from the icy musk and the marble, with a hint of the woods. The patchouli is behaving itself, and the amber is only slightly powdery.

The dry-down: I like violet as a scent note, but it usually doesn't work on my skin. That being said, since there are so many notes here, the violet so far isn't changing into that nasty sharp scent it usually gets after a while on my skin. This is a rather interesting perfume oil, as it is meant to be evocative of the Nosferatu, and specifically one who was once a young lady. I like this, but am not sure that I would ever wear it. It's darker and richer and more sensuous a scent than I would usually look for. It is a wonderful execution of the concept, however. It will probably age very, very well.

This scent really is "diabolical voluptuousness" encapsulated. I don't know how Beth does it, but...she did. For anyone afraid of violets and/or roses, as I've heard a lot of people are, they're barely a whisper in this scent. What really takes the forefront is the deep, seductive red musk and blood accord lashed with the evergreens, all of which blend into those earthy, shadowy "hypnotic" undertones that take it to new sinister heights. A complex and mysterious scent that had me sniffing over and over again and finding something new every time. A definite winner! :wub2:

This one is a gorgeous red musk and patchouli blend on my skin. Very dark seductive and gothic. I had to resist the temptation to buy another bottle. My skin just loves this blend. The red musk note makes me swoon. :thud:

I got a decant as an afterthought (and the very generous decant circle runner sent it to me alongside another because of a mixup) and . . . wow. This is swoonable. I didn't think to try it when it first came out because red musk is notorious for overwhelming everything on my skin. And I love florals, so I didn't have high hopes for this. It's well-blended (everything I hoped B340 would be, actually) and so, so lovely. Mysterious and dark and Victorian. Sniffing, I get the rush of red musk and blood but it's pulsing underneath the dead roses and violets, the juniper and yew clouding overhead.

I had to immediately run out and track down a bottle, and luckily I found one. Lucy, Kissed is immense amounts of dark Victorian love.

So this was primarily red musk on me in the wet stages. As it dried, the rose came out a little more. There are parts of this that remind me of The Grindhouse, and Marianne. It's dark, and intense. I'm tempted to put it in the same category as Black Butterfly Moon and Faiza. It has that dark floral kind of feel. It's a little heady to start off with, but the drydown is well worth it.

Deep reddish brown, root-beer coloured but with a winier tint. Dark, intense, HEAVY. Lots of incensy/resiny notes and strong woods - not like forest pine, but like evil piney woods. A bit sour/sharp and astringent from the oude and cubeb. Definitely some red musk - not getting any florals.

Sharper, more sour, more piney with a very dirty and rooty sort of patchouli note dominating along with the woods. And then a bit of powder - must be the florals combined with the amber. But really this is almost sort of masculine. Really not that much red musk, or it's just overwhelmed at this stage.

More and more sour/sharp with now an old lady floral soap presenting strongly, and then dirty patchouli and sickly heavy red musk - god, could more things be wrong with this blend? Cubeb and yew are so, so strong here. More red musk now than wet, not surprisingly given my tendency to amp musks.

:sick:

For some reason, this is a very comforting scent to my nose. The red musk in this blend is swoon worthy.

Mostly red musk with hints of other notes I can't individually pick out. It's extremely well blended. Mysterious, deep, and dark, but not cloying or sinister. It has decent staying power and throw.

Oooh, this is quite subtle at first, smoky and cool, with a bit of sweetness to it. It's a dewy night scent, dark and enchanting. I like the way the musk balances with the sweeter incense and floral notes, so it snakes around you without being overpowering. Sexy. Sexier than you would expect, even when this fades to a brittle, rosy incense.

Warm, pine and resin wrapped in red musk. As Lucy, Kissed dries, she morphs into a sharp, green powdery scent. Oh, how roses loathe me. Sadness.

A dark, mysterious red musk scent. Definitely some dark-smelling floral notes in there, along with some resins. Strikingly pretty.

Gah, when am I going to get around to doing that side-by-side test of all the red musk scents to see which ones I like best. I like them all so much. I can't have like 20 bottles of red musk blends, though. Three would be sufficient. But which three? This one is a contender for sure.

wow, this one is quite a morpher on me! in the bottle i smell red musk and something green, maybe juniper? at first on my skin, this is very much like trick #1 or the ecstasy of passion. a clear, sweet, beautiful red musk scent. then it morphed into something strange that had a bit of a lead scent, that i get from sandalwood or frankincense sometimes, then it changed again to a beautiful red musk with what seemed like a hint of vanilla, and it's pretty much stayed like that, though the vanilla-y scent has faded a bit, and this is now a sexy, spicy red musk. it is a very hot smelling scent, like warm blood, it totally has that feeling to me. i get none of the icy musk or veined marble, this scent is very warm on me.

Wet, lots of red musk, patchouli and incense. Dry, much the same. This kind of reminds me of a more feminine King Cobra, and with a bit more of a dark floral element. Though I like this, I'm picky about my red musk blends and don't even reach often for the one's that I do love. This one is definitely a contender, though, and I'll certainly be keeping Lucy for awhile, if not forever. This too, smells rather warm and sensuous, rather than cold. Well done, Beth!!

Humanah humunah humunah! THIS is the scent to wear on your 1st date, if you just want to knock em dead. I would equate it to a red musk version of Luna Negra. So glad I chanced on this during the lab's ebay sale. This is deep, dark, musky, sexy, feminine, but not too pungent/nasal cavity assault-like. Basically what I hoped WILF to be but wasn't. Frikkin sweet.

I love SophieCedar's description! Humanah humanah for sure :laugh: It's primarily red musk at first, but as it sits on my skin I start getting a little of the iciness as well as the juniper. It's truly lovely (but I love red musk blends to death, so odds were it would be a winner since my skin amps it.)