Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blueroses

Mlle. Lilith, Fortune Teller

Coconut and a bit of sugar with pomegranate, pink musk, orange blossom, cypress, honey myrtle, and incense.

All the notes look and sound lovely, so let's see how this goes. :)

In the bottle: Spicy, sugary fruits floating on that pink musk.

Wet: There's the orange blossom as a top note, pink musk as the bottom note, a whiff of the incense, and all the fruits rolled in powder sugar. Otherwise, this is rather the same as in the bottle.

The dry-down: Lovely and delicate, yet strong underneath. I like that this scent is not a morpher on me. :) I'm not sure what honey myrtle is supposed to smell like, but it may be that note that keeps this from being too sweet. And I'm not getting red musk, but pink musk, and that's wonderful.

Mmm. This reminds me a lot of some of the shops that I walk into at the Renaissance Faire...I think it's the incense/cyprus mix. When wet, I really smell the cyprus and it is love! I'll have to look for more cyprus- I would have never guessed that I would like such a non-vanilla note. Hee. Once it dries, I smell mostly pink musky incense with just a hint of the sugar and fruit in the background. I'm actually very glad I seem to amp the incense; I really like it. My only complaint is that every once in a while I sniff and get almost a sour milk smell- which must be the coconut, since I got the same thing from Snow White 08. However, I don't get enough of it to ruin it for me. Guess coconut is something for me to stay away from.

oh. my. god.

Holy grail scent by surprise??? I think so.

This is stunning, it is definately along the same vein as mme moriarty, lighter... VERY wearable.

Gods, I need gallons of this ; D

I really thought this one would be a no-brainer, as I love all of the notes. So much so, that I went searching for a back-up before even getting my order.

Unfortuneately, this ends up being way too sweet on me. When I seen the references to Shango, I did do a teeny mental 'uh oh', but prompty ignored it. Shango is a pretty good comparison, another blend that just does not work for me. In summary, a sweet, fruity incense with a touch of coconut. So sad. :cry2:

Hrn. I'm so jealous of everyone else. All I get is coconut (teetering close to sun tan lotion) and eventually very faded incense just before it totally vanishes after an hour. But I'm not giving up on it. It'll sit in a dark place for a while and I'll revisit it after a few months.

OMG.... I *LOVE* this!! It starts out as a sweet, incensey coconut and fades to a delicious sweet musky pomegranate with just a hint of incense and woods. It's not overtly foody or incense.... but it is totally delicious! If it's Mme. Moriarty lite, I need to try Mme. Moriarty :twisted:

This starts off all incense, cypress, and orange blossom on me. Slowly but surely the Pomegranate and pink musk begin a slow march toward the forefront. The others hang on doggedly and decide that they will mix. This ironically is the only time the coconut shows up. I get a pomegranate coconut incense musk that I just love. And to think I almost swapped this away.

Edited by papermaker

I put on some Mlle. Lilith and went about my business. After about 10 minutes I caught a whiff of... Prospero? So I took a closer sniff and yep, it's exactly like Prospero when Prospero reaches its later drydown---purple, plummy wine with champaca. Lilith is a beautiful little fortune teller with her candied fruits and wispy incense. I can't smell any distinct coconut but I think it's probably doing on my skin what the champaca in Prospero does for me. I won't be seeking a bottle but only because I have something that smells like it already and Mlle Lilith is softer and fades much quicker.

I am so in love with this scent. This is fruity, but not edible or sticky sweet. It's a little tart, but not overly so. The coconut does not go buttery, disgusting and overly sweet, like it tends to do so on me in other blends. All of the notes are extremely well blended, and make this complex, rich, spicy, warm, and yet bright scent. I liked Mme. Moriarty, and this really does take some of the aspects of that scent, but in a brighter, lighter, and for me much more wearable scent.

This is so insanely pretty. It's pink musk with spicy pomegranate while incense hides out in the background. Most definitely a 'pink' scent while Mme. Moriarty has a 'red' feel to it.

In bottle: pomegranate, a bit of musk and incense.

Wet: more pomegranate, orange blossom, musk and incense.

Drydown: Coconut with pomegranate, the incense calms down

Later: Coconut with pomegranate and orange blossom, very pretty, lasts several hours. I’m so glad I went ahead and got a bottle!

smells like the ABC store in hawaii. Standing next to the fridge, cool air breezes in, smells of coconut and the mish mash of hawaiian scented products. Dries down to something more fruity, I think the pom is coming out. This is bringing out those sentimental feelings of all my hawaiian vacations rolled into one!

In the bottle: Pomegranate juice in a sandalwood goblet?

Wet: FRUIT, FRUIT, pomegranate, fruit!

Dry: Fruit and something gently pink and almost musky. Nice!

A while later: Sweet, fruity and pink. THIS smells like a scented My Little Pony, but without the plastic. Just the gentle and playful pinkness. A beautifully innocent scent.

I tried this several months ago at a meet & sniff and was unimpressed at the time, although I was trying so many scents that night that my nose was overwhelmed, so I made a note to try it again later. I'm glad I did, because it's just become one of my favorites.

Soft and fruity, but tempered with the incense and wood notes-- Shango was way too sweet in an artificial-fruit-punch-candy way for me, but this is a delicious, warm and wearable fruit blend. I also tend to amp red musk, but it looks like pink musk and I get along just fine, although this doesn't overtly smell musky to me. Very nice!

Pink coco-nutty incense!!! this is truly yummy and reminds me of my childhood. My little ponies, books on tape, Jem Dolls and crayons...that is where my brain goes when I wear this. It is a magical perfume indeed. Lilith looks adorable as a Fortune Teller! it will be amazing when she gets older and has a scent for every stage of her life thus far, I can't think of anything cooler than that. :clap: Beth!

In the bottle - A surprisingly bitter orange blossom, backed by what I presume is the honey myrtle

Wet on me - Again mostly bitter florals

Dry on me - Softer, sweeter, muskier, but still dominated by the orange blossom

Overall - I didn't expect it to be so floral, but as it is, it isn't really something I would wear

Well, this is surprising. I like this a whole lot more than I thought I would. There is a fruity/candy like sweetness here with an incense undertone. It's actually quite a complex blend on me, and maybe that's why I like it so much. The pomegranate is a dominant note on my skin. I was worried that the sugar would go off on me, as it usually does, but it didn't happen here. The pink musk is a little sweet and fruity, and I can just barely detect the orange blossom too. I like this alot. It's light and sweet.

Beigey-golden oil. Sweet, rich, a tad floral. Heavy, slightly sharp orange blossom and piney cypress, a bit of creamy sweet coconut and sugar, and some of that myrtle with an incense base below.

Sweet, softer. More coconut and sugar and a little pomegranate peeks out. Much less cypress, and while the orange blossom is still sharp, it's more bearable. The honey myrtle is coming out quite quickly in force - it's lovely and green.

Wow...this has become quite nice! By far the best coconut blend I've tried. It's very light and soft and creamy, not nutty or too richly foody, and the sugar note here is similarly light and realistic without being too sweet or heavy. Muskier now, and faded orange blossom. Also, the cypress and myrtle have completely vanished.

Roommate says it smells like 'surf wax', and it does remind me (in a really nice way) of suntan lotion a bit. The coconut and how creamy it is definitely imparts a beachy feel. Orange blossom completely gone after an hour or so - YAY - and the pomegranate and sugar notes are holding nicely. Only faint cypress and myrtle at this point.

I did not care for this one much. I recently picked up Mme Moriarty and I'm quite fond of her, so I was curious how this one would compare. It's really sweet on me. I mean, sugar overload. It smells a lot like High-Strung Daisies, which also seemed to have this overly sugar water thing going on. So I basically get sugar water and coconut. No pomegranate, no cypress, which would be nice to ground it.

As I was driving in my car, I realized what it most reminds me of, and I'm sorry to say it, but on me, it smells like the stuff they use in your car at a nice car wash. Industrial air freshener. :ack: It must just be me. Has some serious staying power, which I wish I could say of Mme Moriarty.

I really love this scent. It opens up with a nice light coconut and during the dry down I get the incense. I'm not usually a fan of fruit (pom, currant, berries or anything like that) but this is kind of sweet and fruity without making me feel like a fruit bowl. It reminds me a lot of being in the incense area at a new age bookstore or at a natural food store. It's sweet and incensy at the same time and it's lovely. Fun, playful, sweet and also a little sexy and mysterious... An especially great scent for spring/summer.

Edited by strahlend

On first application, this is incense and...a floral I can't identify. Is it the myrtle? The orange blossom? It's not sweet, but very green and alive. Over time, this becomes that green floral and a hint of coconut, but very little else. It's not sweet at all, and unfortunately not what I was hoping for, given the notes. Oh, chemistry, how you have failed me!

As many people before me have said, Mlle. Lilith is a much more wearable (at least for me) version of Mme. Moriarty. It is, as they say, pinker, fruitier, and lighter. It's a great summery type scent, and the patchouli, which I usually amp insanely, manages to not take center stage, for which I am grateful.

In imp: Incense, the pink musk I recognize from Loli.Goth, and orange. Maybe with a touch of pomegranate, and patchouli as a grounding backdrop.

Wet: Finally smelling some coconut on top of the other elements listed.

Dry: Very coconut! Which is awesome, as far as I am concerned. Coconut with incense and fruits and no patchouli at this stage. I'm not a big fan of patchouli, so that's just perfect as far as I'm concerned!

Verdict: Love it. Sexy and light enough for summer. 4/5.

This is so, so pretty. Very much the scent of a little girl--sweet and pink--playing dress up with Mommy's things.

The first sniff from the bottle reminded me of Arcana's The Sweet Trade, which always goes to patchouli + caramel on me, so I had very high hopes for Mlle Lilith to stay light & lovely. Thankfully, this stays beautiful from start to finish. Sweetened coconut with hints of pomegranate & orange blossom with a waft of incense. A little spicy, but still sweet nonetheless, and so perfectly matches the gorgeous bottle art!

Source: My own original bottle

In the bottle: Pinkity pink pink musk plus coconut and pomegranate. I get a very "tropical fruits" vibe from this. I almost imagine pineapple for some reason.

Wet: Sweet musk and sugar with pomegranate juice and incense. This is gorgeous. I kind of want it to be a desert so I can eat it.

Dry: Unfortunately, I get a tiny touch of a plasticky undertone to the coconut. However, overall this remains very sweet, light and young without being *too* innocent. There's a little prickle of cypress and spice to keep things interesting. I like and wear Mme. Moriarty, but this is a much more summery, sweet version.

In the IMP I get wafts of sugary sweet candy mint incense. On me it’s similar but with much more green & mint to it. The musk is pretty strong as is the incense. No pomegranate at all much to my disappointment. I can still smell very strong hints of mint and wax, almost like a peppermint beeswax candle is burning.

Not what I expected but the more I sniff my wrist the more I like it. It has a very minty cool and fresh smell to it with the added background of incense and candy. Reminds me of Christmas.