Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blueroses

Mlle. Lilith, Fortune Teller

Several weeks ago, I (the Mom, not the Uncle) was working on my computer at home (working on this update, actually), when I heard a commotion behind me. Lilith had somehow gotten a hold of one of my tarot decks and was going to town with them. A chip off the old block, right?

Coconut and a bit of sugar with pomegranate, pink musk, orange blossom, cypress, honey myrtle, and incense.

Mlle. Lilith is definitely lighter, sweeter, pinker version of Mme. Moriarty! I loved the latter but red musk is too heavy for my personal preferences. This version is much more wearable for me, and I loved the idea of it.

In the bottle this scent smells very incensey, but that didn't translate to my skin. On, it's heavy on the coconut and musk, drying down to a musky sugared pomegranate, with coconut and a little bit of incense and cyprus.

This blend opened up with heavy cypress, myrtle, and orange blossom...it smelled very cologne-y, sort of masculine.

I was afraid it was going to stay that way, until it dried down. Now, it's all pink musk, sugar, coconut, and pomegranate. Mayyybe a touch of incense. It's like those other notes disappeared! Weird.

It's pretty nice. Sugar is a weird note on me, but I'm interested in seeing how this one ages. I adore Mme. Moriarty, so I'm hoping la petite mademoiselle will work just as well as time goes by!

ETA: Auughh, tried it again once it had settled a bit and sure enough, my skin hates sugar in this blend like it does in every other sugar blend. The sugar note amps and gives me a toothache, and then the sugar burned (olfactory-wise, not physically), and I became nauseated, and I had to scrub it off.

Waaahhh, Mlle. Lilith ended up smelling a lot like Smut. I can't *stand* Smut. D:

I'm sure this would be awesome with someone else's skin chemistry. :sob:

Edited by paperbacknovel

Mlle. Lilith, Fortune Teller is so adorable... on the label. On my skin it's coconut and RED MUSK!! Musky, musky red musk. Sometimes red musk behaves, but not little Lilith's. This musk is rampant and will not be tamed. Too bad, I really did think I'd like this.

This is very much Mme. Moriarty lite for me!

In the bottle it's fruity coconut but once it's on my skin it's nice soft musk with fruity and spicy/incense-y overtones. Definitely reminiscent of Mme. Moriarty in the type of spice and the way it blends with the fruit.

And think, if it's this good now, how good will it be aged. :D

I also get a hint of Mme Moriarty or Snake Charmer with this blend. The thing is, red musk is just awful on me. I amp it to the point of giving myself headaches and feeling ill. This blend, is not red musk! Its PINK musk! And I can wear this! And I freaking love it! It begins as soft pink incense, then a hint of coconut and sugar come out as does the pomegranate and musk. It has a young girlish feel, along with the hypnotic billows of incense. Its absolutely adorable and lovely. Easy to wear incense/musk/fruit if ever there were any. The only downside to this one is that its light and fades quickly and becomes a very close-to-the skin scent, but I don't mind it. Keeps it an innocent and lovely blend.

overall its a total win and I am SOOOO excited to be able to have a "lite" blend of those blends I have never had any luck wearing.

So Lovely! This starts as sugared coconut, then the orange blossom and pink musk slip in to add richness, a nice bit of incense in the background. This is a total win for me - a workday Moriarty, as opposed to the Madame, who is definitely not work appropriate on me (rawr!). Such a beautiful scent! :wub2:

Fruit + musk almost always=WIN and this is no exception--what a gorgeous light, girly, happy blend! I'm reminded more of Shango than Mme. Moriarty, with all those tropical fruits. I'm getting a bit of cypress/myrtle underneath it all, just keeping it grounded and from floating away on its own effervescence. This is so pretty and sweet--I love it!

Why why WHY doesn't this work on me? The notes individually? All winners, with the exception of "incense" which is hit-or-miss with my chemistry. But it's strange, because it's not that this is BAD. Just completely and utterly MEH. It's a boring, generic scent; and it fades in minutes.

I wanted to love you. :cry2:

In the bottle: Orange blossom and sweet pink musk. No coconut.

Wet: Incense, pink musk, cypress, orange blossom--sweet. Way in the back is the coconut; it's more like fresh than flaked and sweetened. As time goes by, the coconut comes more to the fore.

Dry: For some reason I got a licorice note; it passed, and now I'm smelling a sweet but no too sweet coconut, and notes that indeed smell pink without being neon pink, if that makes any sense; the pomegranate adds a wee bit of tart that keeps the twee factor in check, as does the incense.

This is, for lack of a better term, adorable. I really like it. It's a keeper.

I knew as soon as I read the notes of this blend that I would like it, and I do. Right after applying, the coconut is strongest, but it's not sweet or excessively foody. It shifts quickly over to an incense note--like Madame Moriarty is burning some incense in her fortune-telling tent. It's a great blend--lighter than Mme. without losing that feminine, sultry appeal. I can hardly wait to see how this ages--I think it'll be even better over time and I do believe I will need a couple of backup bottles.

As a bonus, the label is utterly adorable.

Sniffing the bottle, this reminds me of sugared orange blossom musk.

On my skin, incense, pomegranate, orange blossom and musk. I agree that it's a much lighter version of Mme Moriarty, which can be a bit too heavy on my skin unless it's the dead of winter.

This is another one I can't wait to see age a bit.

In bottle: watered-down incense (thincense?)

On skin: same thincense, with a smattering of Snake Oil

Half-hour later: the coconut is here, dry and husky, but that and the thincense combine to be like 20% when I want a 100% blast. This blend didn't want to show up for the party. I'll see if it ages into something stronger.

bottle: incense and musk mostly. this really is mme. moriarty lite.

wet: coconut and cypress with musk and a teensy swirl of sweet incense. this doesn't have the same nite that mme. moriarty has, this is sweet smiles and soft, rosy cheeks.

dry: this dries to a sweet musk and incense scent. very similar to mme. moriarty, the concept is translated well in this perfume. i think this scent will age wonderfully.

On me, this is like Semiramis, but even better (and I really like Semiramis). The coconut and sugar make it sweeter and juicier, but it is the pomegranate/orange blossom combo that makes me love both scents.

I am eternally grateful that it smells nothing like Mme. Moriarty on me, as that scent didn't work on me a little. Nor Smut.

Throw and longevity above average.

I absolutely love this scent, my absolute favorite of the Liliths. Except for the live one :)

Edited by tarotgirl

Definitely a sweeter, lighter version of Mme Moriarty. Very pretty! Sweet coconut musk w/ a teeny bit of incense is how this one ends it's journey with me! I likey! :D

I definitely get the comparisons to Mme Moriarty and Snake Charmer, although the coconut and incense makes it a little closer - to my nose - to Snake Charmer. It's definitely not the same coconut as SC, and that's listed as black coconut, so I am assuming they're not quite the same. Anyway, those are my top two ever, so it seems a given that I'd like this. And I do, very much! It's younger and girlier than Snake Charmer or Mme Moriarty, but I also agree with Iceblink. It reminds me a lot of Shango as well.

I'm also really glad the orange blossom doesn't come out on me. It's not a note I particularly care for and it smells kind of high-pitched and sour on my skin. I don't smell it here, though.

I'm glad I have a bottle, although I don't think I need to hoard a ton. I'm looking forward to seeing how it ages, and I think I really get the "chip off the old block" concept with this one.

Mlle. Lilith does smell similar to Mme. Moriarty, however Mme. has more musk and is deeper, darker to my nose. Mlle. is lighter and simpler and sweeter. I can pick out the coconut, pomegranate and sugar. The musk is very light which is actually kind of nice. If Mme. Moriarty had a color it would be a deep murky purple red, but Mme. Lilith is a bright red-pink. It's very pretty imo and I prefer it to Mme.

Yes, It`s the lighter, sugary and girly version of Mme Moriarty. The incense, the orange blossom and the cypress are a little sharp at the start but nonethless exotic and delicious. In the drydown it`s sweeter and sugary, definitely a bright pink sort of scent. I like it and will use when i`m in flirty mood.

To my nose and on my skin, this smells quite a bit like Semiramis. I do like Semiramis and I find Mlle quite nice, too.

As I've put it on to test, I keep forgetting I'm testing Mlle and I try to remember when did I put on Semiramis today? :blush: I think it's the musk that puts those two blends in the same category and alongside Mme. too.

I can also get the orange blossom which is quite nice and less bitter than, say, Khrysee. I can't pick up the coconut, but the faint trace of incense is quite lovely.

This is lighter and a bit more playful than Mme and it can be worn even in occasions when Mme would be a bit "heavy".

I am very happy with my bottle. :yum:

It would have been back-up-worthy, but for the fact that it reminds me so much of Semiramis (which I also have a bottle of).

I will never understand how Beth does it. :thud: She has made a lighter, child like version of one of my favorite perfumes...Madame Moriarty. The coconut, pink sugar, incense all swirl to make this the lighter version of Mme. It's like having Mademoiselle Moriarty tell my fortune under the watchful eye of her mother. :wub2:

:ack: This does NOT work on me. It's got hints of woods and coconut and orange blossom, but mostly it's just PINK MUSK. HI DID I MENTION I'M PINK MUSK? WELL IN CASE YOU NEED TO HEAR IT AGAIN I'M PINK MUSK AND I'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK.

I'm actually really put out.

Honestly, this is a very grown-up and mature perfume on me. It is a workable version of Mme Moriarity.

Where the Carnaval blend was a bust on me, this works very nicely.

But it doesn't come across as anything remotely little girl on my skin.

Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

I absolutely adore this scent. Sadly, Mme Moriarty made me break out in horrible hives, and as much as I loved it, I had to swap it away. This one is mellower, sweeter, but still sexy and incensey lovely. The label is *too* adorable. A true winner, thank you Beth.

Mlle. Lilith, Fortune Teller

Snap Judgements: I’ve never been able to get on board with the Mme. Moriarty craze. I want to love it, and I have an aged bottle of it, but it’s so incredibly overpowering on me that I just never feel very comfortable wearing it. I’m hoping that Mlle. Lilith will be a wearable version of Mme. Moriarty.

In the Bottle: Red musk and coconut.

Wet: Red musk and coconut. Red musk has a really bad tendency to go corn chips on me, and that is exactly what it’s doing right now. This actually smells like corn chips fried in coconut oil – not the sweet fake coconut, but more like how fresh coconut meat smells.

Dry: Okay, the musk has calmed down a little. No more corn chips, which is a good thing. The orange blossom emerges during the drydown, and the pomegranate adds just a tiny touch of sweetness. In the end, this is predominantly red musk and orange blossom, with a little bit of sweet fruit.

Final Thoughts: Mlle. Lilith is certainly a derivative of Mme. Moriarty. It is lighter and easier to wear, but I guess I’m just not a fan of red musk. It always seems to dominate every other note on my skin. I’ll keep this for a while to see how it ages, but right now I’m not getting horribly excited about it.

Wow. I really love this scent.

On me, Mlle Lilith smells like someone mixed Mme Moriarty with Candy Phoenix. I get the red, incensey, slightly fruity feel that reminds me of Moriarty, and the sugared pom and musky candy dust of Candy Phoenix. It's sultry, but also playful. The fragrance starts off more incensey and musky and then dries down to more of a sugary, candied musk with incense in the background. So pretty. :wub2:

I have two bottles of this, but I might purchase a few more backup bottles. I think it's going to age really wonderfully too.