Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RaeiNarcissus

Lilith vs. the Giant Crab

Tangerine cream, benzoin, white sandalwood, white pear, tonka, and ambergris accord.

Hmmmm, at first this scent was awesome! Slight hint of citrus and cream with a tiny bit of florals... But then whatever is the floral scent in this blend took over for a bit. I think I like this one, but I am going to have to test it a few more times to be certain.

The boy says it rates a 6 on a scale of 10 to him... That is actually a pretty good rating though. I have yet to even get a 9 or 10 out of him...

#1 Tip: REMEMBER TO SHAKE YOUR BOTTLE. The benzoin sinks into the bottom of the bottle and makes for a completely different scent if unmixed.

This goes on exactly--and quite unpleasantly--like pink bubblegum. Then it tames itself into something sharper, a little citrus, and slight sweetness from the pear, and a little salty tang from the ambergris before I get the slight creaminess from the benzoin.

I agree with what others have said--this reminds me of of the slightly herbal-vanilla of American Cream with a slight citrus tang.

In the bottle: fizzy tangerine cream with a spike of floral

Wet on wrist: It smells fizzy, and slightly orange, and the ambergris is doing herbal woodsy patchoulie things on me (?). Huh.

On the drydown: This is a morpher. The weird woodsy patchoulie thing has simmered down (I'm not sure what that was all about, but whatevs), KI'm not getting the spike of floral, and...is that bubblegum? And slowly it's becoming that nice orange cream that people are raving about. It's very faint on my skin though and has a very low throw. But, when I sniff my wrist, yum!

After about two hours, the floral/herbal/woodsy is once again mingling with the orange-y scent...not sure this will work on me now. :-/ This is definitely a morpher!

Edited by AnArtfuldodger

This smells completely delicious in the imp - sweet, almost bubblegum-like fruit. I was just sniffing a pile of imps not intending to test, but that scent drew me in with its fruity loveliness.

On me, this is almost single note sweet tangerine, with just a hint of florals. It keeps trying to tiptoe towards soapy territory, but it's not making it there, which is good. The tangerine note is quite realistic and very lovely, and it certainly is creamy. If this had stayed the same on me as the delectable scent in the bottle, then this may have been a bottle purchase. As is, I'll happily use up my imp.

In the bottle - The tangerine is the most obvious note

Wet on me - Soft, white cream with a hint of tangerine

Dry on me - A soft, delicate, slightly faded cream

Overall - Pretty and sweet, but a tiny bit bland

The tangerine in this goes on harsh at the beginning, but after ten or so minutes it becomes a soft and warm scent vaguely reminiscent of Sudha Segara. I'm glad I stuck through until the drydown because this is absolutely beautiful. I get almost all cream, benzoin, and tonka. There's very little tangerine or pear.

Lilith vs. the Giant Crab - My very first response to this scent was "creamsicle!" That's not too far off-base, but the fact is, it's more than just creamsicle. The tangerine is really bright and tangy. The tonka and ambergris give it a depth and a warmth that a pure orange-and-cream scent simply wouldn't have. The benzoin sweetens up the creaminess of it, but the dry sandalwood balances out the benzoin, which could otherwise be too sweet in this blend. The only note I can't identify is the pear, which is good since I don't usually like pear. Overall, this is a really fantastic scent and something I fully intend to get a lot of use out of this coming summer. It's the perfect bright, fruity summer scent that will keep a smile on my face and a hop in my step.

I have been wanting to try this for a long time as the notes all sound good to me. Gingiemay was kind enough to frimp this to me as she knew of my curiosty with it ;) :D

Initally its bubble gum and tangerines, like citrus orbit gum or something. Hmmm.....the longer it sits on my skin I can totally smell the ambergris. Not sure where the pear is, but that doesn't tend to be a note that ever showes up on me. It does have a sweet, childish air to it. Ok I am definatley getting the creamsicle thing now.

Final verdict: This is a pretty "sparkling" scent. I think I would eventually like to have a bottle as it would be nice to smell like this in the summer here in VT.

This one surprised me. I actually love it!! :wub2:

I think it's the sandalwood, but where I thought this was going to be fruity and milky, it's actually got some depth and complexity to it. The tangerine cream note doesn't translate as cream on my skin, but rather a hint of orangey goodness that combines with the benzoin to create a really nice sweetness. The sandalwood here is pure love. I'm only getting a hint of the ambergris and pear, but all in all this is perfect for a sunny spring day like today. I may in fact need to hunt down a bottle because I keep huffing my wrists.

I'm another one who is not getting orange in this blend, or cream really. What I DO get is a vaguely fruity, vaguely woody scent which dries into a lovely soft mixture of sweetness, fruitiness and spice/woods. It's all very well blended, and very soft - unfortunately, that's the downfall of this scent as well. It has very little throw or lasting power. As pleasant as it is, I doubt after 15 minutes that any but me can smell it (and that's with my nose to my arm).

In the bottle: creamsicle with a hint of spice. Very fruity--I'm not getting any pear specifically (which is a note I love) but I think it's sweetening the blend.

On: Immediately starts to go soapy, with a hint of men's cologne. I lose almost all of the delicious tangerine cream, and some note in this is attacking my sinuses.

Later: Quite soapy, in an unusual sort of way... like dryer sheets mixed with bubble bath. I wanted to love this scent, as the bottle art is adorable and the aquarium is one of my favorite places. Sadly, it's just not for me.

I had to roll my decant around a lot before trying this because it had really separated.

It smelled very much like a creamsicle at first, and then the benzoin and tonka came in and turned it a little darker, which for me is very good because I don't really want to smell exactly like a creamsicle. Over time it still retains that lovely bright tangerine, which makes the scent smell really cute, but the other notes keep it interesting and complex.

I like this one.

In the Vial: Sweet, creamy tangerine - but not quite a creamsicle. It's not vanilla enough. Plus, the sandalwood and ambergris are making it a little earthy. So, maybe a creamsicle trampled in the dirt.

Wet: The benzoin and tonka get stronger for just a few moments... and then it gets warm and musky.

Dry: It's definitely cooled off, but it still isn't screaming creamsicle to me. It's still too earthy. And it's kind of perfumey, too, like something you'd find in a department store.

An Hour Later: A little sweeter, and more fresh than earthy now.

Overall: I was hoping for a more creamsicle-like scent, but it's nice regardless. This is a pretty, youthful scent I could see teenage girls wearing. Not quite for me, though. Aaaaaaaand I just went to put it away and realized it's separated - there's a distinct orange bit sitting at the bottom. Drat.

I do like this scent, especially in the beginning. It reminds me of those Sula sweets you can buy here in the Netherlands: tangerine with swirls of cream.

When dried down it's simply a sweet creamy unobtrusive clean smell which is completely blended, I can't really discern any notes standing out. It's also barely there — I can smell it on me, but only by hovering my nose above my wrist. I would have liked to see a little more power.

This is such a fun blend! Right off the bat, the tangerine cream steals the show. As it dries, the sandalwood grounds the citrus and keeps it from getting too sharp, while the benzoin gives it a sweet pop! I don't get much ambergris from this, yet it's still a very seaworthy blend. Lilith vs. the Giant Crab is so sweet, shimmery, and delightful. So glad I was able to snag a bottle of this; it's perfect for summer!

To my nose: I smell tangerine and tonka first up. I also get the sandalwood and pear. It's not a fresh pear though, more of a canned, super sweet one. There's also some spices here, but I can't put my finger on exactly what kind of spices. Spicy fruitsalad?

On: This one has also changed since last time I tried it (like Regina Erebi did). Last time the tangerine was the most prominent on my skin, but this time it'sthe pear. Pears, tonka and sandalwood is everything I can smell. As it dries the pears dsappear more and more but the other notes (except for the tangerine which I can't find anywhere) are live and well. I now also smell coconut.

Lilith vs the Giant Crab - Tangerine cream, benzoin, white sandalwood, white pear, tonka and

ambergris accord

After ten minutes: I still haven't gotten any tangerine, or much of the cream (both were present last time I tried this and I liked it back then). I smell ambergris and that always makes me think of very expensive shampoo. I even rolled the bottle to see if it would have a better outcome, but no luck.

If you'd like to smell like fresh from the shower, expensive shampoo from the hairstylist-kind of way then I'd recommed this to you. I'm gonna have to try this again before I decide what to do.

Edited by Missy_killer

In the bottle - Tiny tangerines, big sweet creaminess.

Wet - Gorgeous, delicious. There’s a touch of Creamsicle about this, yes, but it’s so much more than that. It’s soft and a bit of everything -- a bit citrus, a bit floral, a bit aquatic, a bit woody, a bit fruity -- without falling squarely into any one of those categories. This is magical.

Drydown - Oh, bummer. This went soapy on me. I blame the ambergris.

Verdict - Beautiful opening that turns into soapy bathwater on me. Damn you, skin chemistry.

My skin chemistry is slowly changing, allowing me to wear more orange scents where I never could before. I am cautiously trying a few things that always sounded good but I avoided due to the dreaded "orange powered bathroom cleaner" effect.

Wet: Ermagherd, like a grown up creamsicle + sandalwood. YUM. There's a hint of creamy muskiness from the ambergris as well. Oh this is just gorgeous, and if my skin ruins it I may cry. Please please please, skin! Be good!

Dry: Well, it doesn't quite turn into orange powder, but it's not as lovely as it is when it's wet. :( That being said, it really is quite a pleasant smell, it's very light, low throw, and utterly inoffensive, which is sort of what I am looking for for work right now, so I think I will get wear out of it all the same. Still, man I wish it could have stayed the way it was when wet, that was magnificent.

ETA: Now that I am huffing some more, the ambergris is really noticeable and very lovely. It's a really nice skin scent, and though I am sad it isn't a grown up creamsicle anymore, I should appreciate it for what it is!

Edited by LizziesLuck

Wet: Tangerine cream, and a small hit of saltiness from the ambergris.

Dry: Getting a slight creamsicle vibe, but it's so much more than that. Almost like.. an aquatic, slightly salty, creamsicle. Sounds strange, but it really works well on my skin.

One of my favorite scents, ever. :heart:

I *cannot* believe I haven’t reviewed this one. I couldn’t even tell you how many bottles of this I’ve gone through. 

Yes, it’s a lot like American Cream from Lush. Yes, also orange dreamsicle.

To me, though, this smells like taking a sunwarmed creamy citrus bubble bath in a magical tide pool. It’s salty, sparkling, comforting, and enveloping. 

The sandalwood and ambergris in this blend are exquisite. This is just such a treasure. :wub2:

I get the tangerine, sandalwood, and pear upon application, with a bit of musky ambergris. Over time, the sandalwood and benzoin gain strength, as does the ambergris, and it ends up being a musky, somewhat powdery, dry white sandalwood and benzoin on me (with maybe the slightest bit of sweetness from the tonka).

I'm glad I got to try this, but I soooo wish the tangerine had stuck around longer (as that's what I was here for)!