Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Loviatar

The Finnish Goddess of Agony, Torment and the joy found in inflicting pain on others. The Mistress of Torture, she has transformed in the modern era into the patron Goddess of Dominatrixes. The slap of slick, hot leather punctuates the warm, sensual embrace of black amber, red musk and dark, lascivious myrrh.

Leather, leather and more leather :) Smelled like single note leather on me. Delicious!

Edit to add scent description Edited by rayvn1

I got this free with my last order from the lab. Although I appreciate the freebie and love to try scents I would not normally order.......I have to say, it's the opposite of what I like in a perfume :( It smells really bad on me, a bit stale and cheap incensey. It is useful though to find something I don't like at all, because then I think it will make it easier to find something I DO like alot.

Loviatar is not for me. I will be giving this one away.

Just got this as a frimp with my BPTP clocket (6 frimps for one locket, very generous). I'm really having a hard time deciding whether I like it or love it. My two favorite scents thus far have been tezcatlipoca and de sade, and it may be the simple fact that I only have so many scents to reference, but to me it sort of smells like the two got together and had a kid. It has the distinct leathery quality of the de sade, sweetened by whatever is in the tez that isn't chocolate. It's weird how this is not chocolatey, but reminds me so much of tez, which is very strong chocolate. The only question I have left is whether this is greater than the sum of its two parts, or becomes just decent for its compromise. I'll get back to you on that.

Mmmm... leather and cologne. This smells more like fancy, rich, suede leather to me than roughed up biker jacket but I love it nonetheless. It is a little too masculine for me to wear by itself but layering it with Sin warms it up and makes it smell more feminine and sexy.

This was a frimp from the trading post, and I could have cried from the fact that it just doesn't work on me. It starts out with heady black leather, like a good domme in a particularly sadistic mood, who floodds the area with incense to dull your senses. It was sucha nice experience, until the amber came out to play, and turned the hot sadistic domme into grandma in a leather corset.Damn you amber.*cries*This was a frimp from the trading post, and I could have cried from the fact that it just doesn't work on me. It starts out with heady black leather, like a good domme in a particularly sadistic mood, who floodds the area with incense to dull your senses. It was sucha nice experience, until the amber came out to play, and turned the hot sadistic domme into grandma in a leather corset.Damn you amber.*cries*

Oh my yes.

I don't care if it's a "female" scent. I don't care if it makes me smell like a dominatrix. Some of my best friends have been dominatrices. I can live with that.

Bottle: Ohai, leather and red musk! Myrrh is hiding behind them. I'm sure black amber is there somewhere, but I'm not really picking it up. This is a commanding and womanly scent.

Wet: Red musk... leather... In this stage, it's a little harder to pick out each note. It's by no means "weaker" due to that, though; it's still reminiscent of a strong woman.

Dry: Leather is dominate now instead of being paired with red musk. Amber finally comes out to play beside the red musk. This perfume makes me feel confident. I like that.

1 hour in: A soft, leathery red musk. Still feeling good about myself.

About 6 hours layer, I can still smell it on my wrists. The throw was just right (not too big, not too little) up until this point, but it's fading a bit now.

This is my first leather blend from BPAL, and I received it as a frimp. I was afraid of how my skin would handle leather scents, but I must say that I like this. I especially like how confident it makes me feel. I'm not sure about a 5ml yet, but I'm definitely keeping the frimp.

Edited by Shollin
Removed Lab description --Shollin

I got an imp of this but hadn't a clue what the notes where before I opened it and had a sniff and wow!

A few years back I worked in a goth/ festish shop and this scent smells like the fetish section!

To me it smells like fresh leather just new just been dyed and hanging with the insence burning in the back of room.

This to me is a very sexy smell I think I prefer it to my beloved perverson!

Bleah, starts with a hint of plastic. Is that the leather? It eventually is ok, after going through some icky phases. Not working for me. Off it goes to the trade pile.

Hmm, this is a nice, resinous blend. For some reason, I get very little leather, it's mostly a dominant musky blend. This reminds me of the Arachnina, Mme Moriarty, Crypt Queen family, and while I enjoy it, I do have plenty of others to satisfy my musky/dirty cravings.

eta: ahem, I just ate my words and decided that I need a bottle of this. Why? The leather is coming out, and it's so damn sexy. Dirty, sexy leather. This is a great scent when you feel like being "bad girl".

Edited by milo

I'll start this review by stating I love Loviatar , both on myself & the GF .

In the bottle - it's more musk , myrrh & amber then anything . Not really getting the leather at all at this point .

Wet on skin - Getting some of the leather now . Before the leather kicked in , this was very reminiscent of Fenris Wolf . And of course the wolf is one of my faves , so this was bound to follow suit .

Drying down - This is some kinda sexy scent . And it really is a lot like FW with leather punching through it . Just has that same spicy , red musky goodness . Sadly I have a summer cold , or I'd probably be trying to come up with more positives . All I can say is if you're into the leather note or enjoy dark , sexy scents this IS for you .

Imp: Red musk and myrrh. Er... not feeling it, actually.

Wet: Well, I was mistaken. This is fuckin' A, man. Wet on the skin it's a sensual red musk/leather blend. I can smell the amber and I'm afraid it's the overpowering amber from Haunted but it seems to be behaving on my skin. The myrrh has disappeared, actually.

Dry: ACK! SO WONDERFUL! I have a serious jones for Krampus and this is like Krampus without that annoying "switches" note. Pure, luscious red musk and leather with a little smattering of resin. I can't believe it's taken me this long to try this. It's gorgeous. Sexy as hell and completely in control. Must get bottle NOW!

Throw: Excellent.

Overall: This just shot to the top of the list. I can't believe I've been dragging my feet on trying this. Now I can power through my Krampus with abandon and enjoy the fact that there is an even more amazing red musk/leather scent out there and it is GC!

Loviatar was my first introduction to the Lab's leather note. When I first uncorked the imp, the scent was strong and sharp, and it smelled quite nice. This scent just seemed to jump out of the bottle and tweak my nose. I put it in the list of wins for that batch of imps. Wearing, the scent was largely unchanged. But it began to wear on me after a while. The scent is just too aggressive for my style. It smells good, but just thinking about it seems to make me feel a little headachey and queasy now. :cry2:

I like to sprinkle a little bit of oil in my car, and I had the idea that this might be a nice one to use because of the leather. But the heat of the sun all day kind of killed all the leather, and it smelled musky and dusty after a day or two.

Edited by MamaMoth

Imp: Musk and myrrh

Wet on Me: resin-y and dark, and very sensual

Drying Down; spicy musk and amber and man is that leather coming out to play!

Dry: somewhat antiseptic in a good way. That leather and red musk and whoa! TO LOVE! Beth’s leather notes are awesome.

I had such high hopes for you, Loviatar! Black amber is one of the only 2 ambers that work on my skin, leather equals love, and myrrh is glorious.

Alas, Loviatar smells like cheap fake leather room freshener :( Trade bag.

In the vial, this is a warm, rounded ambery musk scent, thick and lovely. On my skin it changes and the warmth is cut through with a strong leather scent shot through with sharp myrrh, though the musk comes out to round the scent after a little while. After a few hours it becomes a much softer scent, like a warm musk with a hint of leather beneath it.

Hmm... this is a sexy scent but for some reason I am not getting the leather that everyone else is getting. :blink:

I think I am mostly getting the amber and spiciness. I'm not sure how I feel about this one. It is sexy but it's so strong I'm starting to get a headache.

I was hesitant about trying Loviatar after having looked at the notes, because black amber just sounds ominous and I've historically steered clear of musks... But holy wow.

I can't stop sniffing my arm, and I think that the next time I go out, this is what I will be wearing. It's all the sexiness of being laced into a corset, or wrapped in a leather jacket, with only a fraction of the trouble and expense. Definitely a keeper.

Later addition (10/29/12): This perfume was the beginning of my love affair with both amber and musk notes. It took me *years* of fruitless searching before I found a bottle (during one of BPAL's ebay postings) and I paid waaay too much money for it, but it was So. Worth. It.

This perfume smells exactly like I imagine Dean Winchester to smell, and I can't think of a better description (or advertisement!) for it as a scent.

I hope that one day someone buys the equipment necessary for making the leather note that is in this, De Sade, and Severin, because it is my favourite thing in the entire world. *misty sigh*

Edited by Hello Kitty

In the imp, this smells like straight up leather. Oh. This is gonna be good, I hope. On my skin, this is LEATHER, with a sweet edge. This is what I wanted Whip to be on me. Bottle. No questions asked.

Warm, snuggly boy. I don't know why this brings that to mind, but it does. It's very comforting and masculine. It almost reminds me of my grandfather. I'll keep my imp for that reason. :)

Out of 10: 3 for scent, 7 for nostalgia.

EDIT:

Never mind. This is the sexiest thing I've ever put on my skin. I must like red musk! Whoda thunk. It's still androgynous, but that almost makes it sexier for me to wear it.

A 10!

Edited by revinn

1246959756_ei2is-Ti.jpg

Leather! Myrrh! Red Musk! (Yay, no black amber on me!)

This is powerful leather, with the deep underpinning of myrrh and the sexiness of red musk (which can turn on me, but doesn't in this blend) and it takes one by the nose and says, "Hello, mortal!"

This is what it smelled like at the Renaissance Faire, when I bought a leather belt which was cut to my measure right there: the raw edges of the leather combined with the smooth finished part, and then what it smells like after being next to my skin. The resins are just amazing, but it's the leather which is the star of this particular blend, and it rules. Mightily.

Edited by stellans

In the vial, amber and leather... I'm liking this one. Colorwise, I'm getting black. Not just black, though. Black leather - that slightly coarse, stiff leather of a worn leather jacket.

Wet on my skin, the myrrh is a little strong, but not as bad as Nefertiti. I can defintely smell the leather and amber and it's very nice.

10-15 minute dry-down - Lots of musk and amber and leather with, as the hubby put it, a magickal scent - the myrrh. I'm pretty fond of this one so far and Josh won't leave me alone. ;-)

1 hour dry-down - Very nice blend. The myrrh is toning down and mixing well with the other scents. It's not overpowering anything in this one.

2 hour dry-down - Ok, this one is a keeper. Smells very nice, decent throw, sticks around. This is a possible 5ml.

Note - for some reason (I'm guessing my chemistry at the moment) this turned to vanilla on me, but there's no vanilla in it. Weird.

In bottle: Sharp sandalwood and a slap of leather.

Wet on skin: Leather jacket and a whiff of sandalwood and amber. Amber always scares me: please don't turn into powder on me! You smell so sexy! The musk is in the background, smelling warm and vanilla-y.

Drydown: The amber note is coming to the front, and miraculously enough it's (so far, anyway) not turned to powder. The leather and musk are definitely there, but the sandalwood seems to have blended really well into the amber and they're pretty well indistinguishable from each other. This scent reminds me of a still-warm leather jacket you've just taken for someone.

Edited by ChildofTime

imp: red musk and myrrh.

wet: at first, this smells exactly like krampus to me, then, as it warms it gets more sexy. i think it's the black amber giving it this nice sexy edge.

dry: back to smelling like krampus, not that i mind at all. :yum:

A rockin' yet dark spicy leather with the amber and myrrh flirting around the smoky red musk. Wow. I didn't expect this to be so crazy & drop dead sexy! LOVE.

Edited by obsidienne