Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of warm, glowing jack o’lanterns on a warm autumn night: true Halloween pumpkin, spiced with nutmeg, glowing peach and murky clove.

Nutmeg, warm and spicy, right out of the gate! As it dries down, it starts to sweeten up, and I can make out the pumpkin and clove, too. God, I know July’s just begun, but this scent makes me want autumn to happen. Right! Now! I want to wrap myself up in a heavy coat I don’t actually own and complain about cold weather I was dying for just a few weeks earlier. I want to start knitting and baking like a witch getting ready to hibernate. I want to dive headfirst into a pumpkin pie.

It keeps on getting sweeter, but it’s a very light, almost syrupy kind of sweet—definitely the peach. Seeing that note really threw me off the first time I tried it, but now that I’ve been wearing it a while, I think it’s the peach that makes this scent really stand out. It gives Jack that glowing aura that makes it more than just pumpkin spice, all liquid and golden, like someone managed to pour the earliest part of an autumn sunset into a mug.

This makes me think of what I always imagined going to the local corn maze with my high school friends would be like, before I actually did it and realized both the corn maze and my high school friends were actually kind of shitty. It’s a pure distillation of the ideal fall, the hot drinks and heavy knitwear and fiery sunsets that guard you against the approaching chill.

If Jack were a person, it would be someone who wears worn-in flannel shirts and sturdy boots, someone who always has a hand-knit scarf to wrap around your neck and a pie waiting in the oven for you, someone who knows how to stoke a fire and make a hot toddy to banish the nastiest of colds. Warm and gentle and welcoming, in a way that verges on transcendent, with rough edges that only highlight the beauty they're framing.

(Bon Iver, is what I’m saying.

I’m saying that it would be Bon Iver.)

Edited by conflagrantThief

I really, really, really wanted this to work for me. I'd eyed it since my first order, but gone through several without trying it because the peach note put me off - I hate peach. But reading reviews convinced me that maybe it wasn't a major element and it would be worth trying, at least, since I so dearly wanted to have a nice, GC 'autumn in a bottle' to soothe my soul.

In the Imp: Okay, this seems good. Pumpkin, nutmeg, and an odd sensation of bakedness... This reminds me of the pumpkin muffins I sometimes bake in the fall! Promising for sure.

Worn: As it first dries down, I get wafts of that same baked pumpkin spiced muffin off of my wrist and arm as I move. Occasional hints of peach peek through, especially close to my skin, but they're not overwhelming and I'm hoping they'll fade out. So far, not perfect, but not bad!

Longer: Oh, no. :cry2: Every second that passes, the peach gets stronger and the pumpkin fades. Within a half hour, it's peach muffins, not pumpkin. In Jack's defense, it's a spiced peach, like a warm fruit tea, with nutmeg and clove that just barely edges it towards fall rather than spring. Overall, however, it's ripe, juicy peach.

I'm pretty sure that someone who likes peach would think this smells good on me - it's not an offensive scent at all, it's just a scent that I, personally, dislike, and apparently amp to high heaven, and it's not at all what I hoped for or wanted. So that's Jack for me... A lovely spiced-peach-tea scent, on someone who hates peach. :frustrated:

Oh well, when I have a chance, I'll pass the imp on to someone it does work on!

in the imp: boozy, spiced peaches

wet: peach with an undertone of some sort of sweet baked goods, like eating oatmeal while wearing the body shop peach lotion,

dry: it's peach lotion with a slight undertone of fake baked goods.

This was one of the first Bpal scents I ever tried. It’s one of my favorites. The pumpkin is rich and buttery, and the peach makes it slightly sweet. When dry the spices come out more. I think I actually prefer to wear it in the summer because it only takes one application and every time I get slightly sweaty I get a resurgence of the buttery pumpkin but it’s still light enough to not be too overpowering for a warm weather scent.

I expected the peach to be covered up by the spices and pumpkin, but nope! Peach is keeping up just fine - on me this is half peach, half buttery pumpkin. Sounds like an odd combination but its amazing!

Wet: Honey and frankincense with a hint of spice and a vegetal note.

Dry: peach cobbler.

Drydown: sheer, salty, spicy apple.

This is one of my favorites :wub3:

This is an old imp (from 2015, turns out.  My imps have been hiding away while life got to me, and I'm just now making a return).  I was very excited for this one, as I love pumpkin, as well as peach.  

In the bottle: buttery, cinnamon, pumpkin, caramel

On skin: still very foodie, almost like walking into Yankee Candle Factory around Halloween.  Not a complaint though!  Got a bit of a candy vibe to it.

After a few hours: it's kept up.  I like it, though I wish the peach were a bit stronger.  

I'm going to keep the imp, for sure.  I might get a full bottle at some point in the future, depending on if I can find an autumnal scent that I'm more into!  

I have been debating purchasing an imp of this for a while, but havn't, but got this as a frimp in my last order! Yay, thanks lab! <3'

In the bottle and at first on my skin, this smells like pumpkin chai latte or something like that, probably because of the nutmeg, but the peach comes through fast and gives it another dimension, with some spices underneath as to not becoming too too sweet either. But still quite chai-ish in the end. But I really like it. It is not a dark and gloomy autumnal scent, but very happy, comfy and glowing and really a good scent for both autumn and winter (and I wouldn't mind wearing it in spring and summer too, maybe layering it up with something that makes the peach stand out even more - thinking about Croquet or something like that)! I liked this from the moment I opened the bottle - sometimes some scents takes some getting used to, before they become faves, but this one is straight on awesome from the get go! I will probably get a bottle of this someday, it is really.  I really adore it! I don't know if it's a top fave, but it deffinetly is a 5/5! 

In the imp, it's buttery, spicy pumpkin with bright peach. Wet, the peach really stands out from a distance, but closer to the skin, pumpkin and clove take over. This is so glorious! It's like a boozy autumn drink that has me wishing fall was here right now instead of several months away. It dried down to sweet, peachy pumpkin. Medium throw, long lasting. This will be a go to scent for me when the weather turns. All day yesterday, my husband kept pulling me in for snuggles and saying, "Mmmmm," every time. Definitely a keeper.

I feel like this has the same peach as Obligatory Peach hair gloss. Surprisingly, the peach stands out more than pumpkin and spices. That is not necessarily a complaint, but tells me that the Pumpkin Patch is my go-to for pumpkin-heavy scents. I would even go so far as to say this is closer to peach pie sans crust. This definitely leans heavier on the dessert side of things.

In the vial: Like the best part of a pumpkin pie -- the filling!

Wet on skin: A buttery pumpkin and lovely spices. I was looking at reviews of other BPAL scents with pumpkin and some described it as buttery, which sounded odd at the time, but I totally get it now -- this really is buttery!!

Drydown: Remains fairly stable for awhile, with an indescribably warm quality to it, and some sweetness that isn't overwhelming. hen it becomes a buttery, lightly spiced and sweetened baked good with the tiniest bit of pumpkin.

Longevity: Almost 12 hours as of this review.

Sillage: Could smell from almost an inch away from my wrist.

Verdict & Final Thoughts: I think this is lovely! I kinda wish I got some more peach, but I also have an imp of Al-Shairan, so I'll just have to layer those and see where it goes. Otherwise, I'd FS this!! It also makes me excited for other pumpkin blends!!

Glowing is the right word for this. Jack is a fairly simple scent, hearkening back to childhood or simpler times. It's peach cobbler, carving pumpkins, a warm fall day, cool candlelit nights, happiness and joy. Low throw, short to medium wear length. It's a great GC scent for the Samhain season.

This is definitely a glowing, bright orange scent. I had forgotten that peach was a note in this until I opened this thread -- my impression was buttery and sweetened baked pumpkin along with the spices. The peach seems to give it that bright quality that makes this scent so evocative of a lit-up jack-o-lantern, though. It's borderline too sweet for me, but the spices help balance it out. It disappears fast, though -- I found myself reapplying within a couple of hours. It's like a cheerier, more fun take on a lot of the usual autumnal scents.

I bought an imp to tryout and wish I'd bought a bottle instead because I feel like I could use this often as a warm holiday scent. I don't think "pumpkin pie" because it's much sweeter than that. It's more like a spiced peach pie. Very dessert like. It has that sweetened, pumpkin spice, fruit filling hitting the nose first and a baked pastry undertone to round it out. Delicious! The smell doesn't last long as my skin seems to drink it in and it'll fade into a nice vanilla candle smell before disappating to nothing. Short throw, doesn't last, but a pleasant scent. 

Edited by Mexnerd101

Smells like delicious peach cobbler and pumpkin, without really smelling like stereotypical pumpkin spice, with a dollop of cream. Absolutely delicious, by far my favorite BPAL oil I've tried!

Apparently I never reviewed Jack.  It's sweeter and peachier than I remember.  Pumpkin and canned peaches dripping with syrup and gently spiced.  I only wear it around Halloween and Thanksgiving, and over the past few years my tastes have gotten darker, but it is still a very enjoyable scent.  

Soft and sweet pumpkins, when wet it smelled super sugary but it's dried down to a more natural pumpkin scent. The peach in here is faint on me, but I do like it. I think it makes it a little soapy? Which I wasn't expecting but I'm not mad about it. Nutmeg and clove are in the background but it's overall still a pretty sweet scent. The throw is kind of low which is a bummer, but I like this! When I applied this without looking at the notes, I thought there was a hay or grassy note in here.

Sweet pumpkin, spices and the tiniest bit of peach that makes it a little fruity. 

It's one of those that stays close to the skin and is rather faint at least for me. 

I used up my imp but I don't think I'll need more since I prefer scents that are a bit stronger. 

There's something delicious and caramelized in this blend, maybe that's the glow? The peach is stronger on me than the pumpkin. I don't get a lot of spice, which I'm happy about because I have a lot of spicy pumpkin perfumes. It is also pretty faint on me, so it's like a gently glowing peachy pumpkin jack-o-lantern.

Edited by dancingchair

I can't recall whether I've reviewed Jack before, but I've got a brand-new imp, so, here're my current impressions! (I do have an older bottle, and am considering a back-up...)

I love pumpkin, and I do love this: it's buttery, warm, glowing pumpkin, with a little dribble of peach juice. Not much spice; I wouldn't even call it spicy, just that the nutmeg is maybe adding some warmth. It's very close to the skin on me, but has great staying power!

Mmmm I kinda smell like a pumpkin patch! There's some pulpiness there, some breadiness from the nutmeg, and then the peach as well. This started off such a winner, but as it dries down, the peach becomes more prominent and I just don't like it. It's the nauseous stomach acid fake peach smell that we use in the states. If you could remove this from the scent, I would love it!

Sweet buttery smooth pumpkin scent. Foodie but not totally it’s cut through by a some freshness which distantly reminds me of penny dreadful 

fresh orange pumpkins and peaches with a little bit of spice. this is a bright and sunny scent and to me it smells exactly as described, i just wish it had better throw and lasted longer on the skin for me. 😭

This is such a loveable scent... like that one easy-going, genuine friend who always smells good but you can't really put your finger on why...

Jack is peachy, but not a summer peach; pumpkin-y, but not an autumn pumpkin. This is a summer-into-fall scent, sun-warmed pumpkin butter and peach butter. I wouldn't know there was nutmeg in this if the description didn't list it.

This scent has no longevity. I mean, it is simply gone after an hour. I have thought about full-sizing it simply because I slather it on all day long every time I wear it.