Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of warm, glowing jack o’lanterns on a warm autumn night: true Halloween pumpkin, spiced with nutmeg, glowing peach and murky clove.

In the imp: A sweet, foody scent, about 60% peaches and 40% pumpkin. And I could even take a little more skewing, in that direction, since I love peaches, but I'm not crazy about pumpkin. The spices are also there (which may be a problem - I've gotten some icky-looking rashes/welts when wearing Voodoo, and I'm pretty sure clove was the culprit. Sure does smell nice, though!), as is an interesting note of warm pastry. I have no idea how Beth manages to bottle the scent of gentle, just-out-of-the-oven heat, but bottle it she does!

Wet: Immediately, I notice that the peaches have amped way down and the pumpkin has amped way up. Oh, well. At least the pastry, which is fast becoming my favorite note in the blend, is still going strong. I'm definitely getting a pumpkin pie vibe (with peach pie/cobbler being a distant second), especially since the spices have decided to settle down into more of a faint supporting note than a dominant scent in their own right.

Dry: Man, this one fades FAST. I checked after about an hour, and got a soft, creamy, fruity sweet scent. But then, a couple of hours later, GONE. Which was rather a surprise for me - spices, at least, usually last around six hours or so. But, nope, I'm going to have to agree with Yojenitan on this one; lasting power is pretty much zilch. Maybe it'll improve with age?

Oh Jack. My newest love!

Jack is sweet without being too sweet. Only slightly gourmand to my nose (mostly in the wet stages). It is my perfect fall scent that I have been looking for. The notes are so beautifully blended. The peach isn't too peachy, just adds a brightness to the scent. The spices round the scent out perfectly and my skin is not amping the clove like crazy. I love cloves, but it generally takes over all the other notes. It plays nice here and is very much in the background. This scent is not a heavy one. I definitely don't understand how some people think this is strong. Its soooo light. After 5 minutes I can barely get a whiff of it. Unless there is something wrong with my bottle? Either way, I will slather myself in Jack any day of the year!

Edited by ziggystardust13

In bottle: Peach dominant, supported by fragments of pumpkin accord. The clove and nutmeg are distant and lovely with the peach. Wet: The pumpkin reforms on the skin, though the peach stays mildly dominant. The spices are softer. It’s absolutely lovely and beautifully blended, but not much as expected, because of the strength of the peaches. I generally don’t do well with pumpkin, but it goes so beautifully with the peach it actually works. Dry: Mostly peach, with a touch of spice.

This is all warm, autumn nights with the scent of pumpkins and spices wafting through the air. It reminds me of aspects of Samhain.

It's too bad it doesnt last very long though.

In the imp I got a lot of nutmeg and pumpkin. A bright, cheerful autumn as opposed to a chilly, spooky one. I did not get any of the peach I was hoping for.

On wet, I got ALL the peach. It was a peach-a-palooza. A truly eerie, glowing, beautiful peach.

Dry, everything settled in. The spice, pumpkin, and peach made friends. Except they were all very quiet. This does not have very much throw, and disappears rather soon on me unfortunately.

I can't believe it's taken me 10 years to try Jack....

Wet: Mostly pumpkin (the kind that smells like baked goods to me, not fresh pumpkin) and spices for a few moments, then the peach really amps up. It's like there's a war going down on my skin between some sort of pumpkin baked goods and...sour peach candies. Interesting! I wonder who will win?

Dry: This ends up being pretty well balanced between tangy peach and pumpkin baked goods. The pumpkin part reminds me of this year's Weenie Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcake. I like it!

Wow this is an amazing scent. I snagged an old cobalt bottle of this and I am sure glad I did. Most foodie scents go weird plastic or disappear on me so this one breaks that mold. It is a spicy pumpkin and fall air. I also realized that nutmeg is the best in perfume, it smells wonderful in this blend and I can see why this is a staple in bpal's collection.

Wet, this is glorious - a rich, juicy glowing spiced peach, with an almost foodie/baked goods note, like a hot-from-the-oven peach pie.

Dry, the spices vanish and the warm/glowing/juiciness changes to a softer, sweeter, peach scent, with something almost floral about it, even though the listed notes don't contain any florals in them. I don't get any pumpkin at all, just soft peach.

By the time half an hour has passed, the scent is already fading, but it was wonderful wet. I'm wondering now how this would do in a burner or a scent locket.

One of my favorite imps from my recent order!

Imp: First whiff, this smells good! It's both warm and light. Like on one hand it definitely smells like Fall and pumpkin but on the other there is something spring or summery about it. I was really getting a very fruity vibe and I thought it was pear at first but then I realized it was peach. Something about it brings me back to my childhood... maybe Fruity Pebbles, or Fruit Loops or Trix cereal, or maybe not, I'm not sure, I can't quite figure it out, but it is something from my past. It's really nice!

Skin: It goes on very light, not cloying or too strong at all. Doesn't have too strong of a throw. The peach stands out on me, but there is that comforting warmth in the background of pumpkin and autumnal spices. It is beautiful how well the peach and pumpkin play off one another. Makes me want a piece of pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread with a scoop of peach ice cream. This scent is like a glowing sunset on a Indian Summer evening in October while sitting on the porch swing with the leaves on the ground.

This is for sure going on my full bottle wishlist!

Yum! Foody pumpkin and cinnamon pie spice! The peach rounds it out and sweetens it, but I wouldn't notice it was there if I didn't read the notes, it's a subtle addition. This is delicious, I'm craving pumpkin pie and fall weather. The throw is good. I think the spices stick around a bit longer than the pumpkin and peach. Something about the spices remind me of a craft store when they put out the fall/Halloween displays, which is nostalgic to me. The throw fades kinda fast but stays as a skin scent for a long time. The color to me is glowing orange and yellow. Sometimes I have days when I'm just in a "fall mood" and this would be perfect for when summer is endless and autumn needs to be here like yesterday. It really captures the feeling of autumn for me. Bring on the sweaters and scarves!

I was so hoping for this to kinda go crazy on my skin and just amp up to the point of no return but no, it fades basically five minutes after drydown. Ugh. Besides that, this is great. a sweet realistic sliced open pumpkin that I want to eat.
On drydown, it amps up the clove and nutmeg a bit making it spicier and sharper. It's lovely and de-licious!

Jack absolutely smells glowing. It's the peach, which is warm and soft rather than bright, against a background of similar orange hue gone darker: the pumpkin itself. The nutmeg and clove are clear. I also get vanilla passing through it all.

Lovely and essentially Halloween, though a warm one, rather than a chilly October night.

It fades fast on me, but is good enough to reapply.

I wanted to like this, and the first time I tried it, I really did. Fresh from the mail, it was nutmeg and pumpkin. I wish it could have stayed that way. The second time I tried it, it was all artificial peaches in a way that reminded me of the nastiness of store bought cobblers (those don't even smell like something people should eat). The third time it was the smell of craft stores in fall - fake fruit, generic spice and wax.

I passed this one to the kiddos. It actually smells like real pumpkin on them.

Jack was the first perfume of October for me, and what a way to start this most pumpkin-y of months.

I got this as an Imp from the lab, and was somehow convinced that I was not going to like it at all. Maybe its the addition of the peach, a note that is decidedly iffy on me.

But I need not have feared. This is an amazingly creamy, buttery pumpkin, sweet and just kissed by the spices. I loved wearing it all day long. It never turns into anything other than what it is. I can see why this is a classic.

I was half expecting this to be an orange coloured oil! My first pumpkin scent. This is major foodie. Like cheesecake. I'm not sure if I like foodie scents as a lot of them have made me feel nauseous (I'm looking at you, Shub!). I'm always hopeful, because they seem to be popular around here! It reminds me of Penny Dreadful, the slight ginger biscuit scent to it, but warmer and less red or complex. I smell like cookies. The food scent (is gourmand the word I'm looking for?) is starting to calm down as this dries. I'm still not sure this is for me. I seem to be able to handle gourmand when mixed with other scents, but not on it's own. A shame, but I think this is headed for the swap pile.

This smells exactly like a pumpkin spice latte on me. I usually love sweet foodie scents, but this one is just too much for me! I feel like I've been turned into a cupcake.

Wet, this smells like a pumpkin marshmallow, soft and sweet and very gourmand. As it dries down, the peach comes out more to turn it into a lovely pumpkin-peach pie fresh from the oven (is that a thing? Because I would eat that). There's a hint of spice running through it, but mostly it's just peachy-pumpkin-y pastry goodness.

It breaks my heart that this has no staying power! After 3 hours, I'm only barely getting a waft of it when my wrist gets anywhere near my face, which is such a shame. However, I like it so much I may still grab a bottle and just slather as needed.

This imp is definitely aged, although I'm not sure exactly how long; the peach has all but disappeared, the spices have intensified, and the oil is now a very dark brown. At this stage it's very similar to Pumpkin IV 2014 (a favorite of mine), with a sort of spicy molasses sweetness over rich, cooked pumpkin. The clove and nutmeg are just about equal here, but the nutmeg tips the balance and it's more sweet than sharp. Because I already have a bottle of Pumpkin IV I don't feel the need for a bottle of this right now, but once I run out of that I think this will become a staple for me! For now I'll definitely keep this imp, as it has aged beautifully.

This is much more foody than I expected, warm and comforting. I don't really love the smell of pumpkin but I actually quite like this, as it is more of just a buttery, baked-goods type scent on me. Subtle and close to the skin.

The Halloween of childhood, when everything is magical and warm, cozy and scary, and you could still get a Hogwarts letter on your birthday. This is delicious and honestly, I'm astounded this isn't an LE Weenie because it's so perfect. 5 ml for sure.

Where I'd wear it: Just home from trick-or-treating and finding a Hogwarts letter on the table

I'm starting to get suspicious of peaches, I tell you. :think:

And I also can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet lol. With fall pretty much here, I started pulling my cozier scents out of their little retirement nooks, and went immediately to this one first.

Which is actually the best move for this early in the season, as it turns out, because it has a strong lingering scent of summer (those peaches, man) to it. I have no idea why, but I amp the peaches like crazy.

So, in the bottle, it's pure heaven. Perfectly balanced between peach, pumpkin, and just enough "sugary/foody/spicy/gourmand" element in the background to deepen it (but not to make me afraid it's going to go butter-cake-of-death, cloyingly-sugary-baked-goods), and evoke a sense of cooked pumpkin--not enough to make it a spice-heavy blend. I figured the spice (nutmeg, mostly...maybe something like allspice) would come out to develop and give it a dry, slightly smoky/incense quality.

So, for some reason, it goes to "late summer" almost immediately on my skin, with fresh peach everything all over up in there, then fades to nothing within an hour (though I didn't slather this time). The pumpkin is overtaken in minutes and it becomes actually "fruity" to a degree. Somehow, the spices all evaporate (rather than stick around as 'final notes', as they usually do with me) into... cream. Cream and gauzy vanilla. It's so soft, and warm, and comforting, but not at all spicy, which is the saddest thing for me. Still completely love it though. :wub3:

Jack is the straightforward, no nonsense fall scent. If you think of all the hallmarks of what the season should smell like, this is it. It's sweet pumpkins and rich spices in a pastry cooling by a window on a breezy fall day. Of course none of this works for me, but I know it's something a lot of people look for.

This one is tasty. 100% baked goods on me.

Wet: Freshly baked pumpkin bread, moist and spiced just right.

Dry: The baking is done, the cookies are cooling on the counter. Much softer, warm pumpkin baked goods, with a nice blending of fall spices.

Love this as a fall scent. Sadly, it doesn't last too long or have too far of a throw, but it does leave the faintest hint of a really nice bakery on me at the end of the day. Pairs well with my Apricot deodorant (combined it pulls out the apricot cobbler side of this scent more, which is really nice. So apricot cobbler with fall spices.) It makes me want to go to one of the really nice old world bakeries in the area and get myself a little treat.

Gooey, spicy, syrupy peach pie filling! Not the whole pie, just the filling, and no discernible pumpkin. I like peach, and I quite like this! Autumnal vibe. I'm tempted to layer it with Samhain; it kind of reminds me of the way Samhain's apple note works on me, and I think it would play well with the earthier notes there.