Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of warm, glowing jack o’lanterns on a warm autumn night: true Halloween pumpkin, spiced with nutmeg, glowing peach and murky clove.

In the Imp: So buttery that I'm afraid to put this on.

Wet: Buttery, buttery pumpkin with fruity peach. I only dabbed a tiny bit on, so it actually smells kind of good, really tasty. But if I had applied any more, the increased potency and throw would make this seriously nasty.

Dry: I usually don't like peach very much, but swirled up in the dry spice of clove and delightfully strong nutmeg and autumnal pumpkin, it's very nice. The intense, almost nauseating butteriness has eased up, but this is still very much the smell of a pumpkin dessert or pumpkin candle. Lots of throw, tenacious lasting power.

Overall: The initially assault of buttery doom actually lifts to reveal a pleasant enough scent, but it's too straightforwardly candle-like or dessert-like for me to want to wear it as a perfume. I can see why it's popular, but I won't be keeping Jack around. Edited by tajana

My first review on my first order! I'm a huge novice at this so I'm only reviewing the one oil that I think I understood well enough. Even though it's the last one I tested and was a frimp! :D

Bottle - Smells exactly like Eat Me from the bottle, but not as IN YOUR FACE SUGAR. Like concentrated cake and margarine.

Wet - Same scent but it starts to warm up quickly.

Drying - The spices start to come out beautifully. No pumpkin, though. Cinnamon and Nutmeg. The sweetness is definitely coming from the peach.

Dry - Smells good, but something sharp in it is making my nose tickle.. and sneeze. Pumpkin is still nowhere. Smells like delicious peach pie with a very high note I cant place... actually I think it might be clove, but it is certainly not murky, it's as bright as I've ever smelled it. REALLY bright. *holds in another sneeze*

Later - The bright clove all but disappeared along with the cinnamon, leaving the peach pie with some nutmeg. Actually, it would probably do well with a little MORE butter... it's like a diet peach pie. The pumpkin never showed up.

Out of my first 12 imps and 4 frimps, this one is probably my 3rd or 4th favorite.

Oh, my!! Why have I never tried this one??

On the skin: I immediately smell a yummy pumpkin and nutmeg. Not much else. Such a pumpkin spice scent!!

After a bit, the pumpkin fades.... Noooooooooo! Still, there are such yummy spices on my skin, that I am not too heartbroken. I am definitely smelling some clove now as well.

Sooooo glad right now that I am swapping for a bottle of this.... Yum!

In the imp: buttery, sweet apple cider, with spicy candle smell.

Wet: definitely like the warm apple yankee candle, but it’s going away and a new smell of pumpkin pie is emerging.

Dry: I only got a tiny bit to test from, but clove amps on me, and, well, there’s the clove. This time it’s tempered by the sweet peach and pumpkin, but I’m gonna play it safe and probably not look for any more. (Not like anyone seems to want to let go of it! :smile: )

Drier: Yeah, really waxy at this point, even. Too bad. I need to find myself a good autumn scent!

starbuck's pumpkin coffee syrup. then it goes popcorn on me (supposedly, i didn't really get that vibe but my friend did from my arm). so nope, off of my wishlist...

Spicy pumpkin and peaches. Holy cow how have I not gone crazy over this one yet?!?! Even the husband said he liked whatever I just put on as soon as it was on.

Smells a bit like halloween themed candles. Wet, sweet, clovey. I was anticipating a more raw pumpkin smell off the bat but it took a few minutes for this to appear. This is candy sweet to start and smoky to finish. Very nice! Thanks Eezterbunny!

Frimp! Thanks labbies!

Jack is warm, spicy and delicious - a perfect scent for the colder months. Even my dog seemed to like it - she went nuts smelling my wrist when I first put it on, and normally the dogs aren't the slightest bit interested in my BPAL.

Bought and imp and got a frimp in the same package. =)

This is warm, sweet, comforting, deep and all around huggable scent. It doesn't have the overwhelming spices that Sahmain does, though I think Jack with a touch of Sahmain would be heavenly.

While this is really, really nice, I'm not sure how much wear I would get out of it. Though, were it in a candle I'd buy enough oil to fill my house with this scent. I think it works much better as a room scent vs. perfume - but we will see.

This is a foodie scent for sure. I can detect the peach and spices and everything blends together wonderfully. Very yummy smelling indeed. I agree that I would like this more as a room scent in colder months. Not sure that this is for me, but I like it.

Love this one!! The pumpkin and peach go beautifully together, I can't wait until Fall! This smells just like Halloween and the delicious holiday season. A foodie scent for sure!

-Melanie

In the imp: Pumpkin, just the flesh of it while you're pulling out the seeds before you can cut out your design.

On wet: There's five seconds while it's on where it smells like a buttery pumpkin. Then, wow, the peach takes over. At which point it's all "Hello peach single note, how are you doing? Wow, do you ever waft up to my nose."

Initial drydown: Still very much peach, but I'm getting a hint of nutmeg.

After a bit: Yes, peach and nutmeg, relatively balanced. This isn't what I'd expected, and I don't think I'd wear it so much in the fall, but it's a great summer fruity scent.

I got a new lab imp of Jack, and the first couple times I tried it, it was WAY buttery in a synthetic way and I couldn't smell any fruit. I aged it for a couple months and tried it again, and it was true love! I break it out most often in the fall and winter of course but it's my comfort smell... better than any comfort food. People tell me I smell like fresh apple pie when I wear it.

In vial: Spicy buttery pastry and fruit.

On, wet: BUTTERY! SPICE! Oh, there's the fruit again.

Drydown: Mellows into a warm spicy (mostly clove) fruit that lasts a good long while on me.

Edited by animalcule

Imp: So buttery I almost gagged. I could smell spicy potential though.

On, wet: Freakin' divine spiced pumpkin smell. If I could eat my own wrist at this point, I probably would have.

Never got to the dry down. Started burning and turning my skin red, so much so that I took a run through the shower and popped a Benadryl.

Oh the fun of having super sensitive skin.

This was a frimp from the lab, and by the description alone I'm not sure I would have bought this for myself. Popping off the lid, I nearly gagged on what immediately smelled like alcoholic butterscotch. I actually put the imp away, and moved on to test and sniff other things and I wasn't sure I was going to try this one again. I am really glad I didn't judge this one just by the smell alone - on the skin, it's incredible what this dries down to. Wet, it was pumpkin, spices, and peaches. Once it finally dried, it was absolutely most delicious thing I have ever smelled. The peach and cloves are the perfect companions for this nutmeggy pumpkin. I want to hug whoever tossed this in as my freebie.

In the vial – Pumpkin & nutmeg!

On the skin – Pumpkin, clove, nutmeg, with the slightest bright note. Spicy and deep.

Dry – Nutmeg, yum! Spicy and bright! Barely any clove, but pumpkin lurking right underneath.

I hated this the first time I tried it. I remember recoiling, gagging quietly and making a face. That imp happened to be aged quite a lot, but just recently the lab sent me a fresh one as a frimp and WOW is it ever different!

In the imp, I can smell spiced pumpkin. Wet on my skin, I can smell buttery spiced pumpkin with a side order of sweet peaches. This may actually be my new favourite GC blend. I medically need a 5ml bottle and SOON!

This imp is making me SOOOO hungry! Immediately I get pumpkin pie with a sweet fruitiness which must be the peaches. If I close my eyes I SWEAR there's some whipped cream on top of that pumpkin pie and I realize that I'm huffing my wrist far too much. I will agree with others that in the vial this smells a wee bit too buttery, but when it's on the skin it's very yummy. I can see myself wearing this on an autumn day when I'm feeling down because who doesn't love some warm pumpkin pie with some sweet whipped cream goodness? I think I'll stretch my imp out and see how long I can go before I decide on a bottle or not.

While going through sampling all of my recently acquired imps and eagerly awaiting my Weenies decants, I decided now would be a good time to check out Jack. I'd been thinking about how much I wanted a peachy perfume recently... so how thrilled was I after a few moments of letting this settle down on my skin! Pumpkin pie and peach pie mixed together into a collectiveness of awesome. This has also now inspired me to make a layered pie that is pumpkin pie on the bottom and peach pie filling on top. If it's anywhere near as good as this perfume smells, I'll be in heaven.

Good for wearing: For cheering up on cold, gloomy days.

Imp: Buttery, artificial pumpkin, very sweet

Wet: The spices are coming out, but not quite strong or distinct enough to offset the sweetness. The pumpkin still smells artificial

Dry: Mmmm...cloves, definitely. And...hot wax? Unfortunately, there is still something off about that pumpkin, although it's mellowing. I wish it wasn't so dominating, because the spices and the sweet buttery waxiness are lovely.

Overall: Warm and nummy, with a good long wear time, but my skin does something weird to the pumpkin, so the whole thing is a bit too sweet and artificial.

This is something that's been on my to-try list for a while, and hey, now that it's fall and that I'm also ordering the soap from the Post, figured it was high time I tried it.

In the imp, warm, spicy, buttery pumpkin, with a touch of peach, mebbe? If this is what the soap smells like, I may need to put in for a backup order for it before it goes down. On my skin, pumpkin and clove and nutmeg and a touch of peach. Oh, wow, instant second skin test for this baby, and possibly putting in a backup order for a bar or two with Puddin'.

I should mention that I DO NOT like, in fact, loath pumpkin pie and classic fall foodie scents 95% of the time. I mean, I like some gourmand scents for sure but there is something about this category that makes me feel sick and headachey.

None the less I sniffed it and tried it out because you never know....

In the bottle it reminds me of heavily buttered popcorn. Very thick, heavy, gooey. Like the batter for pumpkin bars and the frosting all at once. Or a Jelly Belly Buttered Popcorn or Carmel Corn jellybean.

On it morphed and the buttery notes calmed down, and there was something sharp that I can't pin point. I've seen others picked out peach, maybe that's what it is because peach is another one of those scents that can give me an instant migraine. I had to wash it off, but it still lingered and made me sick.

I tried!

My initial reaction was something like, "Oh dear gods, this is like Drink Me only WORSE." It was BUTTER. A massive, artery-clogging onslaught of butter. But, I managed to wait it out, and the drydown was actually really pretty. The butteriness subsided a bit, and I could smell a really rich, sweet pumpkin and peach with a really nice strong clove. The peach really does give this scent a "glowing" feel. I like it.

The sickly fake butter smell that is so strong in the bottle fades on skin contact. Wet this is a very nice pumpkin scent with the different sweetness of the peach adding depth. As it dries the peach becomes the main note. I liked this at first, but after longer wear it is too peachy, not pumpkin-y enough for me.

In the bottle - The pumpkin is very strong here, with quite a buttery flavor to it. The peach lurks in the corners, but I'm getting surprisingly little spice here.

Wet - Less pumpkin and more actual butter here, oddly enough.

Drying - Pumpkin notes usually give me that smooth impression of butter, but here it actually seems to -be- a butter note. I can tell because it immediately went plastic on my skin. The spices are out, but it's slightly hard to tell where one begins and another ends due to the very strong "sour butter aka. plastic" scent. Unless I'm mistaken, the peach is part of the problem for me, as it is making the pumpkin go rancid. Unfortunate.

Dry (2 hours) - I'm really disappointed in this. Generally pumpkin notes love me, but this one is nearly entirely plastic on me.

Overall - Less butter with my pumpkin, please!