Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of warm, glowing jack o’lanterns on a warm autumn night: true Halloween pumpkin, spiced with nutmeg, glowing peach and murky clove.

I love the pumpkin blends that the lab does at Halloween, but in years I've found nothing I like more than the true buttery pumpkin scent of Jack. It's my go-to scent for Fall.

Picked at random, this is definately not the right time of year for this one, but its sooooo nice, stays true thru the drydown process.. pumpkin bread, spicy pumpkin bread.

Its very strong with a ton of throw!

OMG I have no idea why I'd written Jack off as just another pumpkin scent. I was frimped it, took one sniff from the imp and... ahh, just :thud: perfection. Absolute pumpkiny, peachy perfection. It's one of the only buttery blends I can actually wear and my god, it's scrumptious. I really don't have much else to say that hasn't already been said, but it is a MUST TRY for any foody lover. In fact, I think I'm going to go and slather some on right now :wub2:

Imp: Smells like Autumn! Pumpkins & spice.

Wet: Spicy pumpkins.

Drydown: I'm amping the spices like crazy. :cry2:

Overall: Not bad, but maybe a little too spicy. It smothers the pumpkin to the point I couldn't smell it after a while. I'm going to keep this and hope it mellows with age.

In the imp, this smells very foody, like pumpkin bread with ginger and nutmeg. Once I put it on, it brightens up a little and smells more like pumpkin with a tad of peach. Later on it's much softer and smells almost butterscotchy. I like it :)

Jack was my first lab purchase ever. I saw pumpkin listed. Must have it!

I didn't get pumpkin at all but a warm buttery Autumn-y scent. I like it!

:D

This is really weird... I thought I would LOVE this scent and I was super excited to try it... but in the imp it smelled like just raw pumpkin and clove. When I applied it, it went really medicinal on me and made me a little nauseous to smell it.. I got absolutely no sweetness. This really bummed me out :( I really can't understand it.

Edited by buryheratsea

i got this as a frimp with my last order- i never would've picked it out for myself.

in the bottle it smells amazingly warm and buttery. something in it kind of reminded me of really good curry. at first, i wasn't sure if i would ever wear it. it seemed almost too foody and extremely strong. i was thinking that it would be amazing in an oil burner. but then the other day it was all rainy outside and i just wanted something cozy, so i decided to try it out.

on, this stuff is amazing! the peach comes out a bit more and makes it all juicy and completely wearable. alas, something in it irritates my skin, so i can't slather as much as i'd like to.

needless to say, this is not a summer scent, but come fall i will definitely be buying a big bottle.

Jack is absolutely delicious (though of course I love pumpkin, and if you don't, this is not a good scent for you). It's a heavy, buttery, spiced pumpkin, like pumpkin bread, and it has great staying power. I do have to apply very sparingly, because it is so strong, but it smells like fall to me, like hanging out in the kitchen making all kinds of Halloween-y baked goods. Mmm.

Mmm, in the bottle I smell pumpkiny goodness. It's a nice round scent. A bit of a buttery note, too. I put it on and within a few minutes, it went from lovely to soapy and waxy. I would describe it as, well, what I imagine a Glade 'Autumn Harvest' candle would smell like.

I let my friend try it out. It didn't turn on her at all. It stayed a nice buttery pumpkin. After a brief fit of jealousy, I gave her the imp and set off in search of another pumpkin scent. ;)

I really was not certain at all that I would like this since I have decided that pumpkin and I are not friends. But Jack is more than just pulp and shell. He's wonderful spice. I am amping the clove and nutmeg, which is just fine for me. I smell edible. Yum.

This smells just like a seasonal Autumn candle.

I like it, I couldn't stop smelling my wrist when I wore it... but I think I'll keep it for use on days when I'm just sitting around the house and no one else is around. It's not a scent I'd like others to pick up on me.

Jack is extremely nutty, almost precisely like roasted pecans and cashews battered in a molten butter/sugar/spice crust (street vendors sell them in oily, scalding-to-the-touch paper cones). It's a hot scent, and my color impression of it can only be described as something like vermilion. I only get a touch of earthy pumpkin, and not immediately.

While I'm pretty foody, "buttery" scents often wax rancid on me, so I avoided Jack for awhile. But I'm very pleased that this remains glowingly sweet and autumnal. This is a celebratory, "feasting" kind of smell to me.

I ordered an imp of this some time ago, and spent weeks sniffing it in the bottle but not putting it on because it was more of a gourmand than I usually wear. I've finally tried it on my skin a few times, and for some strange reason the clove and peach keep it from smelling too foody. Weird. Very warm and autumnal and I had to order a bottle since my son's name is Jack and I think he will love seeing it on a bottle of perfume.

This is a spicy, cinnamon ginger blend for me, with just a teeeeny bit of buttery pumpkin. It is pretty much the same as Gingerbread Poppet on my skin. I've never found a pumpkin blend that shows up on my skin. Either my skin amps the spices or eats the pumpkin. This would be great for fall, but I have plently of spicy blends, and don't need a bottle.

I was very disappointed by this scent... Pumpkin is one of my very favorite tastes, textures, and SMELLS. Unfortunately, I couldn't really detect any pumpkin in this at all. Wet it smelled like butterscotch to me. (My friends, who were around when I opened it, said they preferred the phrase 'rotting sticky buns'.) However, as soon as I put it on, it instantly turned to red hots. Unfortunately, this involved a lot of sneezing on my part so I had to try and wash it off almost immediately. After a long shower, it had faded to a sort of brown sugar smell which, while tolerable, was still just too sweet for me.

I'm trying a few of BPAL's pumpkin blends this Halloween and I really, really hope that these smell a lot more pumpkin-y. :)

I got an aged imp of this in a recent swap, so my impressions may be different than if I had tried a fresh from the lab imp.

This was buttery pumpkin when wet, but the butter aspect quickly smoothed out as this dried. The peach was very subdued here, lending a sweetness but it wasn't necessarily "fruity". The nutmeg and clove almost lent this a pumpkin pie feel, but I think the peach prevented it from happening. All in all, I wouldn't say this was particularly "foody" on my skin, but more sweet and deep in autumnal kind of way.

Crazy sweet and smells like baking. This smells very spicy too, more like pumpkin pie than pumpkin and the peach is pretty clearly in the mix! This is a really great smell although it's not something I'd want to smell LIKE. I also wouldn't scent my room with it. It's more of a smell of something I'd like to eat. I 'get' the whole foody thing. I've even got a few of the stars of the foody catagory. But this is just TOO reminiSCENT (haha) of pie.

6/10. It's a good scent. Certainly an experience. But I don't know if I'd ever wear this so I have to pass on it. Lickable, yes. Wearable? Not so much.

I'm one of those people on whom pumpkin smells like butter. Even in the bottle it smelled like butter - spiced butter! On me, though, the peach quickly came out to play - I originally thought it was apple, due to the light fruit aroma and spices, but no, that's peach, and a somewhat muskier peach that I'm accustomed to from bpal. It tried to go sour for a while, but happily didn't quite turn.

This is another one where if I get the bottle, it's going in the aging box first.

Pumpkin is an iffy note for me; with the right other ingredients it can work, but these aren't the right other ingredients. It's sickly-sweet, evoking a surfeit of Halloween candy rather than a Jack-o-lantern, and I don't think the peach is a happy choice. More precisely, peach OR pumpkin with the nutmeg and clove, but not both. Overall it just smells "off" with my body chemistry. Swap pile ahoy!

This is all buttery, spicy, creamy, melt-in-your-mouth utterly tempting want-to-chomp-yourself pumpkin pie. As an admitted pumpkinphile, I highly recommend it as a staple for every other pumpkinphile out there! :joy:

Disclaimer: I love the spices that accompany pumpkin in baking, but I'm not a fan of the smell of pumpkin itself.

This blend is gorgeous aged! I just picked up an old 10ml, and it's truly amazing.

The spices are lovely and strong, the pumpkin is there, but only just barely.

The peach is surprising, but it adds a bit of sweetness to keep this blend from being too dark and dirty.

Although, if it was darker and dirtier I'd probably love it just that much more :twisted:

I'm not the biggest fan of pumpkin, but the husband is, so I thought I'd get an imp of Jack to try to see if it would work on me.

In imp: Don't get much pumpkin. Smells like butter.

Wet: Mmmm, butter, maybe a bit of nut. Still no pumpkin.

Drydown: Still butternut goodness. Pleasant enough, but not pumpkin!

An hour later: Well, that faded fast. Did not last long at all. Going, going, gone.

The husband is still intrigued by the scent, so he is going to try out the imp on himself to see how it works with his chemistry. Jack, alas, just did not agree with me at all.

[EDIT] Well, the husband tried Jack today. It started out like butter on him, but within a couple of minutes that faded and morphed into pumpkin and spices. Amazing how the same scent works so differently! He thought it was pleasant but too light a fragrance for him, so into the swaps it goes.

Edited by reynardine

• If this oil had a color, it would be a light pink-orange color.
  • The first note I smell while drying is a buttery type note, which must be the pumpkin.
  • The rest of the notes, in order is peach, peach, and peach! Jeez, its like an avalanche of peaches falling on me...
  • Dry, it smells like the avalanche has buried me. Its a very kick-your-butt overly-ripe peach, with a slight lemon-buttery feel to it. Not once indoors do I even get a wiff of real pumpkin or spice, which is sorta disappointing. After it's been sitting there, it started to remind me of a really strongly scented Glade candle. Then, after that, it reminded me of butterscotch. But wait! Outside in the cold, I can smell the bite of pumpkin as a base note! Yay!
  • The scent made me feel a little embarrassed indoors because it was so strongly Glade (Gla-day!), that I thought someone might ask where the candle was. Outdoors, though, it was a great contrast to the chilly autumn air and it made me a little more confident in the oil.
  • This lasts for a LONG time. It stays strong for a good five hours, then fades for another four.
  • The throw was powerfully nauseating inside, to the point where someone who is four feet in front of me would say, "Hey, I smell *insert random foodie scent here*." (my friends are not perfume-inclined, so anything sweet is automatically a cake). Outdoors, however, it was very refreshing for some odd reason. This oil is definitely made for Autumn.
  • Verdict: I'll keep the imp, but I don't think I'll ever use a full bottle, even though it has been one of my imps that I've reached for the most. It's mostly because of the season! Next autumn I do expect to maybe buy another imp too!
Edited by Alexanne

In Bottle: Fruity, with a buttery note somewhere, almost like popcorn balls or something.

Wet: Peaches. And butter, still. No pumpkin to be found. Ouch, can definitely tell there's spice in here. Word to the wise: do not apply directly after a shower.

Dry: Peaches. Holy jesus, the peaches. The spices do come out; they're very subtle and mix nicely with the peach. It's a very warm scent. The pumpkin never
appears, though. It's nice, but disappointing, as I was really hoping for a nice pumpkiny scent. This is very strong and has a pretty good throw and lots of staying power.