Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of warm, glowing jack o’lanterns on a warm autumn night: true Halloween pumpkin, spiced with nutmeg, glowing peach and murky clove.

On me, when Jack hits my skin it's all buttery pumpkin. Once it dries, the peach becomes the dominant note and I can only smell hints of pumpkin and clove when I take a long sniff. That's ok for me since I love love love peach...and I am kicking myself for not ordering a bottle of this straight away.

Bottle: SWEET PUMPKIN! OMFG!

On Me: Waaaay too foody for me. It's too sweet, and not nearly spicey enough. Nauseating.

I found Jack by searching for scents with pumpkin in, as I missed the Halloween LEs. I love it! Whenever I wear it I always ALWAYS get comments that I smell like buttery flapjack, but I disagree. It is definitely the most foodie scent I own, but I wouldn't describe it as buttery flapjack. It's very 'warm' though. Smells edible! Whatever it is I have my second bottle on my next order, hopefully!

:P

Edited by saracakes

In bottle/imp: Buttery and fruity pumpkin with a hint of spice.

Immediately on skin: There’s a slight foody feel to this immediately on my skin… I think it’s the buttery quality of the pumpkin, which I don’t really like. Under that is a very fresh, juicy (but not too sweet) peach note, and a base of light clove and nutmeg.

After a little while: The buttery note has died down in this and what I’m left with is a fragrant and not overly sweet fruity pumpkin blend with a hint of clove. The peach comes through, but it backs up the pumpkin and gives it a fruity base as opposed to overpowering it.

Overall Impressions: This is a nice fruity and slightly spiced pumpkin blend. If you enjoy the lab’s pumpkin note, you will probably like this. Unfortunately I don’t find them to be very wearable (the pumpkin scents just don’t seem “me”), but I do like the scent of this one.

On my skin, I immediately got a rich, buttery pumpkin, with a hint of smoke and nutmeg.

I also put a few drops of this in my hair, and OMG Clove! It came off my hair in spicy waves. This was amazing!

My skin toned it down a bit, but the clove and spicyness came out after a while and is just gorgeous. This is not really foody on me. It's more like a fine Halloween night, next to a bonfire, drinking hot cups of spiced tea. I never really get the peach, which is fine.

I really love this. It will make a fine companion to Samhain, I think. Definite future bottle purchase.

Edited by scarletgenesis

In the imp: oh, so that's what pumpkin smells like. Like...butter.

On my skin, the buttery spiced pumpkin disappears and I get peach. :P I don't want peach! I want pumpkin!

In the drydown, the peach stays at the forefront, with a bit of the spices and pumpkin in the background. More than anything, this smells like a buttery March Hare on me (peach and apricot smell very similar on/to me). I like March Hare, but it's not really what I wanted from this blend!

Another one that's not really "me," today! Sigh.

In the bottle: Apple cider and sweet buttery cake.

Wet: Apple, peaches and spices, only a hint of cake. Mulling spices out the wazoo!

Dry/Summary: The fruit has faded, the butter has come back...bizarre. Buttery spice. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Maybe even some allspice. Not my thing.

In imp: very foody, like buttery baked goods. It worried me, because while I like the smell of baking (yummy!), it's not really what I want to smell like.

wet: still baked goods, but peach also. Like peach cobbler.

dry: after a bit, this turns into a lovely, sweet peach with only a hint of the buttery smell from before. And it lasts a long time. I kept smelling soft, delicious peach all day. Definitely a keeper.

Expectations: I hope to be reminded of that pumpkin pie I never got for my birthday 11 years ago. Although being reminded of a pumpkin pie that I actually did get would probably make me happier.

In vial: Butter with a hint of indistinct spiciness.

On skin, wet: Whoa, the spiciness pops out the moment I apply this. The overall effect is nice, but not quite pumpkin. Oh...I know, it's getting overpowered by the peach. That's disappointing.

On skin, dry: I'm getting a bit more pumpkin, but there's still too much peach for me. It smells more like candles than real pumpkin, and not in the good way that Pumpkin Smash did.

After time: Oh, wow. After 15 minutes, I got this random whiff of buttery pumpkin from rather far away from my nose. Now I'm unable to pry my nose away from my wrist. When I finally did and started using my hands for other things, the throw was fabulous.

Conclusion: Unless I fall madly in love with another of the pumpkin scents I'm testing, I want a full bottle of this. I was hoping to like it since it's a GC scent and thus more readily available. If I try a different one that I love though, I won't need multiple pumpkin scents.

Smells like warm spiced bread in the imp and while wet. I love the smell even though I’m not usually into foody perfumes. On dry-down, I can smell more of the peach and a hint of clove. I absolutely love this and NEED 5 mL, but I’ll wait until late summer so I can start wearing it during the autumn months. Years from now, I want to get a whiff of the notes in Jack and be reminded of pleasant autumn days wearing this blend. :P

Out of the imp it's a very sweet, spicy, fruity smell. Of course, that's what it was intended to be, but I was expecting "pumpkin pie;" it definitely wasn't that at all! On my skin, the peaches dominate, and the nutmeg and clove trail behind, and finally the pumpkin. The pumpkin deepens with time, though.

When I was testing my smells, I had Gluttony on one wrist and Jack on the other, and just the test swipes on my wrists made the whole room smell like sugary baked goods and it was great!

It's a light pumpkin, although I was hoping for "darker," it's still wonderful. The nutmeg and clove really blend well and it's awesome. Jack is for days when I want sweet, but not too sweet.

In the bottle: Wow! Pumpkiny. I love pumpkin.

On, wet: Well, not so pumpkiny now, but it's a little spicy, and...apply?

On, dry: This smells like Thanksgiving to me. I can catch pumpkin pie and apple pie. I love the spices, too. Pumpkin pie is like my favorite thing EVER, and I love the smell of apple pie. This smells yummy!

A little while later: Oh pooh. This is one of those that fades on me. It's got good throw, but it's not very long lasting. *Sigh* One more for the oil warmer, I suppose.

I get much more butter and spices from this than anything resembling pumpkin or fruit. It was very buttery wet, and as it dries some spice comes out too (though someone upthread mentioned it smelling waxy/candle-y, and that's the main feel here). If this is how BPAL butter smells, I think I'll be avoiding it in the future. No reason for me to keep the imp, even as a room scent--the buttery feel is too overwhelming.

Imp: Buttery pumpkin with a top note of clove and apple.

Wet: BUTTER! This is initially so unpleasant it's a candidate for wash off.

Dry: This dries down to a beautiful, soft pumpkin pie scent. It's sweet and foody and appears to share notes with Eat Me.

Throw: Decent.

Overall: It's a good foody scent. Definitely not an every day scent for me, but it's nice to pop on every once in awhile and revel in my spicy, foody goodness.

In Vial: Smells like pumkin butter cookies

Wet: Whoa! this is really foody. Still buttery and pumkin but with a hint nutmeg.

Later. Hasn't changed much but now I can smell the hint of peach. This is really great if you like foody.

Jack is such a buttery pumpkin that I get almost nauseated opening the vial. And I've tried putting it on before, it's so PUMPKIN that it's like those old stereo commercials where the sound is so loud the guy's hair flies back like he's flying? That's what this pumpkin did to me.

But I braved the imp and put the tiniest dab on, and it smells quite nice. I think I prefer the pumpkin patch blends, but in minute amounts, I can even enjoy something this pumpkin-y. YAY!

This is yummy warm nutmeggy pumpkin in the imp. It's not as sweet as I imagined-more spicy-but not as much clove as I had expected and very very buttery.

I seriously think I'm crazy because on my skin this gets a bit...herbal...it almost reminds me of Pumpkin IV, so much infact that I had to sniff them side by side to make sure my decant wasn't a mix up!

Overall this was a disappointment. A little too buttery, a little too green...not enough sweetness or nutmeg...definite pass for me.

I *love* this one when it's wet and in the imp, but when it dries down I get pumpkin spice candle. And all of the foody goodness goes away :P

I think this is the first scent I've tried that I genuinely dislike. It just smells like buttered popcorn and vanilla to me - which are scents I dislike on their own, let alone together. Ugh. I had to wash this off, it was making me feel like I was going to throw up.

Jack is divine; peach and a bit of pumpkin, but not much, with cloves and nutmeg. Reasonable last, even. It's what Grand Guignol should have been, and it's March Hare's first cousin. 8.5/10

Frimp from the lab - Thanks guys!! :P

Wet, this smells cloyingly buttery and foody, and I'm a bit put off.

However, after a few minutes of mellowing out, it dries out into a yummy, sweet, pumpkin-ey autumn spice blend. There's still a foody buttery note, but it's more in the background, giving the blend a foody quality.

I'm surprised at how much I like this. It makes me want Fall to be here! I can't wait for the leaves to start turning and for the cool autumn air to start breezing in. I am going to hold on to my imp 'till then, and if it gets a lot of rotation, it's a potential 5mL purchase.

This is like Pumpkin Pie, whereas Pumpkin Cheesecake is the creamy, more decadent version. This could help me stretch out my PC decant even longer, like eating an apple when I'm craving apple streusel heheh

Over 400 reviews! How have I missed out on a scent this popular for this long?? : -)

4.5 out of 5

I finally broke down an ordered an imp of Jack. I bought Pumpkin Queen and Pumpkin V off Ebay. Both of which I don't really like that much. and I probably will send them off to someone who loves them. They both tend to smell like buttered popcorn and I think the red musk in PQ just doesn't work with me. However, I think I may like this one. Not sure if it's bottle worthy yet, but it initially has a green note to it, which cuts the butter. I can detect a bit of apple or something sweet. Not quite peach, which others have said. I don't get the spices which I would have liked. While it doesn't give me that sweet baked pumpkin pie feel, I can see this being really nice for the Fall. Kind of what I was hoping Samhain would be like. But alas, that one turned to moth balls on me. This one definitely surprised me in a good way.

Initially in the imp it smells exactly like caramel corn, which threw me off. But after I put some on, it immediately changed to cloves, nutmeg, and a note I can't seem to identify. I'm not sure if it's the peach or the pumpkin, but it's quite warm.

This is more of a cold weather blend but you know, I like it so much, I'm wearing it anyway.

I think I might be ordering a 5mL as soon as my friend and I do another order, I really like this.

You know... I really wanted to love this. I ordered an imp of it and waited all anxiously for it and then, when I finally got to open the vial and sniff... the scent of butter overpowered me and I just had to cap it quickly. I did put a dab on my wrists and the butter scent only seemed to grow stronger and stronger until I couldn't take much more... And then it all seemed to completely absorb into my skin and I couldn't smell anything at all. Maybe five minutes later, the scent came back and it suddenly became faintly sweet and I kept getting a whiff of pumpkin. I definitely have hope for this scent and I intend to let it age a bit before I make a definite decision on whether it stays with me or goes to another.

Initial thoughts: If this doesn't love me, I may actually scream.

It's the CLASSIC hallowe'en scent! It's got pumpkin, peach and spice, all of which I love! IT'S CALLED JACK, FOR PETE'S SAKE!

In the imp: Peach, nutmeg and something fuller-bodied which is probably the pumpkin. I don't get much clove, which is a good start - my skin tends to amp clove juuuuust a little.

On the wrist, wet: Nutmeg over something fruit-sweet and goooooooeeeeeeyyyy... A moment after I apply it, the nutmeg really goes wumpf! so it's hard to get close enough to smell the peach/pumpkin combo, but lets see how it does on the drydown.

Fifteen minutes later: Oh... my...

That's mellowed nicely and... ahem. Well. It's... it's like the best pumpkin pie. Ever. Spicy pumpkin with just a hint of buttery goodness, and the sweet juicyness of the peach. I believe I read somewhere that they did a study testing the affects of scent on penile blood flow (Don't ask me how they measured it) and pumpkin pie came out with a clear lead over any other. I didn't get how anyone could possibly consider pumpkin pie erotic.

Now I do.

I need a bottle of this, stat! Jack Skellington would be proud.

Verdict: My kingdom for a bottle!

Tl;Dr: The best pumpkin pie ever, with hot spiced peaches, being presented to you by the sexiest Pumpkin King (Or queen) you ever did see.