Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A seductive, serpentine white scent, elusive, crystalline, and spellbinding: white amber, silver birch, immortelle, davana, pale musk, star jasmine, and ylang ylang.

Okay, usually perfumes with sweet, cloying florals I skip cause.. I hate sweet, cloying florals. I got an imp of this to try hoping the musk and amber (which usually smell awesome on me) would keep the jasmine in check.

Sigh. I was wrong. Oh, how wrong I was.

This turned out to be a gaggingly sweet musk/jasmine combo, with a bit of amber warming it up. IIRC, there also was a hint of vanilla to this, which added to the sweetness. The scent was strong (of course, since I didn't like it) and lasted well throughout the day.

On the bright side, I don't think I'll have too much trouble unloading this. :lol:

This is heavy white muskiness. It actually reminds me of Berenice in this regard, but with a light mint in place of the aloe. I also see now that they do share a couple similar notes.

This scent is the embodiment of the color silver.

I do see the similarities to the BBW scent, but if you are willing to dig a little deeper into The Girl, she offers up interesting notes underneath. I smell the musk mostly, with a hint of creamy after dinner mint, a tiny dollop of sugary jasmine, and a pinch of birch and amber.

In the bottle: this is really perfumey, and really alluring. I think this is the same crystalline musk I smelled in White Phoenix, and it reminds me of a more traditional department store perfume.

Wet: I slathered too much! Whew, that's some throw! Classic perfume feel to it. Hmmm. there's a vanilla-amber sweetness there, behind the musk. It's nice, and does remind me of a little girl. This is great stuff.

Dry: I think I'm getting a hint of jasmine. It's there, but not overpowering. This is a beautiful perfume.

(comparison to Snow White, for those interested: This is a lot more musky, with none of the creaminess. not very similar to me.)

I'm so glad I took a chance on The Girl. She's soft, cold, and ethereal, and smells absolutely amazing. The flowers here provide some sweetness, but they're so pale and white that they smell more like the ghosts of flowers than flowers themselves, and the musk offsets the sweetness enough that I can't for the life of me consider this a "floral". It's too translucent for that. And...I honestly can't figure out how the lab managed to bottle the scent of birch trees, because it's such a weirdly specific and subtle note, but...yeah, they totally bottled the smell of birch trees. Of everything I've tried so far, The Girl is one of my absolute favorites.

dis scent is AMAZING.. STUNNING.. SEDUCTIVE.. MAGIC :heart: :love!: :heart:

I looooooove it, I knew that I would love it hehe

I got it in a swap this morning and it's so me!

very feminine but it really has power, I think that's because of the musk

ylang ylang makes you feel in love everytime you get a whiff of the scent :joy:

>> VERY happy with my bottle :evol:

Creamy white and very very feminine. Lots of compliments on this one. Wish it stuck around longer. There is not one note in this blend that really stands out on me. This is naked, soft, white skin. Bought a second bottle for backup.

I received two bottles of this in my order that I received yesterday. I think this blend is so feminine and creamy soft. For some reason I smell a light mint in this blend too along with some sweet vanilla. I ordered pretty late in the Halloween update so I have a quick question for the people that bought earlier. I have two bottles that have skull faces on them. The pictures I had seen of the bottle had a girl on the front. Why do my bottles look different? Was the one with the girl on the front a limited run?

I had no interest in this scent whatsoever, none of the vampires were appealing to me.

But I got a bottle for mumblemutter in Singapore, and as I was wrapping everything up, I went....that smells nice. So I got a toothpick, and tested it.

OH NOES.

It's NICE!!! I wasn't sure what I was smelling, and one of the earlier reviews had a mention of vanilla amber. That's what it is. It's really really nice.....

Oh boy... I am glad I tacked a bottle of this onto my final Halloweenie order! Thank you BPALers for being so persuasive with your reviews! :lol: Too bad it wasn't two bottles.. <_< This is really great.. its creamy and floral and feminine without being overly so. It's sweet but a little edgey, and has very decent throw.

This one is very sweet on me -- I amp amber to the high heavens, but it's not syrupy or overly powdery, which is good. It reminds me really strongly of Gap's White Amber, which is one of my winter comfort scents.

In the bottle I get hints of the florals that I wish I could pick out once it's on the skin! I get a bit of ylang-ylang and not much else besides the amber. I might scent-locket this one if I want it a little less sweet.

Bottle: I love that star jasmine. And musk.

Wet on skin: Initially jasmine, ylang ylang, birch and amber. That amber is not gold, it’s really crystalline-white-grey, like quartz. It’s not a warm, come-hither scent, it’s a seductive, come-if-you-dare scent.

Drydown: It’s quite sweet and vanilla-like, the pale musk is gorgeous. The staying power is great, though the throw is average, it’s persistant while being an elusive silver serpent...... ahh it’s so lovely.

I don't know what davana and immortelle smell like, but this is a blend that has its notes all so well blended it's hard to pick out any one scent anyway. Definitely glad one of the literary vampires work on me!

Someone was kind enough to give me a testable sniffie of this. Starts off a bit sharp. I am picking up birch, musk and jasmine. BIG THROW on this one. It stays sharp as it dries down—too sharp for me, although The Man really likes it. After about 2 hours or so, I washed it off as it was giving me a headache.

In the imp - A mellow blend of sweet musky florals. I hate florals :( But also get that gorgeous deep yet sharp vanilla note. If the florals simmer down a wee bit, I could live with this one...

Wet - Florals ahoy! Where did my vanilla go?!

Dry down - Sharp, cold and still floral. But I don't feel drowned in icky flowers like I usually do with floral scents. I think it's the base notes of Vanila and amber that keeps it somewhat grounded and doesn't give me a headache. I should know better to avoid jasmine!

It's not a keeper unfortunatley :(

Edit - Oh theres that headache! Time to wash it off...

Edited by TulaMontage

The Girl is one of those oils I had wanted, talked myself out of, thought about again, talked myself out of, and missed. And it's really nice; I like it. To me, The Girl is a wonderful dense vanilla musk, similar to Inez's, with a limning of silver birch that made me think of the silver lining on a cloud. It's a really neat olfactory effect. Fortunately for me, I have Inez, although that's a very dry, desert-woman-like vanilla musk as opposed to a limned vanilla musk, but I'm not weeping for having missed this.

I had purchased two bottles of this blend the last day it was posted for sale. After reading the reviews everyone had given I knew I had to take a chance on it and was worried I would love it and bought two in the end ;) . Now I wish I had bought five bottles so I could lavish in this on a daily basis. It is so georgeous :wub: . I had fears when I saw the notes ylang ylang and jasmine since those two are not my friends. I do not get any heavy floral from this. I think I amp the white amber, silver birch, and pale musk. I get a good bit of vanilla from this when I wear it too. I look at some of my other Halloween bottles that I took a chance on and think that I should have got another bottle of The Girl instead of you. I am just afraid to miss out on a sleeper favorite that may work well on me. This is a blend that I hope the lab will RESURRECT one day so I can buy the rest of the stock I want. I have since swapped my back up for another lovely blend, but I just found another bottle to replace it thanks to a lovely forum member so I feel a little better about spoiling myself again with this beautiful blend.

I have a funny story about the first time I wore this to work. We had all brought food in for the day to eat so there was a lot of food smells in the air that day. A lady I work with came by me and said " Oh, what smells so good in here". I answered " Well, we have Italian sausage sandwiches in the back". She said to me that she only smelled it by me. I asked if it was my perfume and raised my wrist to her and the look on her face was so funny :blink: . She lit up and said that was the scent and it was wonderful. She asked me what it was, but I had to break it to her that it was not available to purchase anymore. It was so nice to be told that day that I smelled better than the sausage sandwiches :lol: .

The Girl

Wet: Initially this blend is very faint on my skin. I get a little of the florals and amber, but The Girl is definitely shy at first.

Dry: As this warms up, a lovely honey-vanilla musk emerges, with the floral and amber still lingering in the background. Honestly, I would never have been able to identify the smell of birch, but somehow I know it when I smell it in this oil. It contributes just a touch of darkness to the blend without adding any heaviness.

Overall: I often associate scent with color, and The Girl is definitely silver. It also has a very ethereal quality, and actually makes me think of mercury vapor. Like liquid mercury, it feels slinky, slippery, dangerous - but in vapor form it has an elusive, misty quality as well. Absolutely beautiful! It makes me feel very feminine, and more than a bit mysterious...

This scent is very strange, ghost like, in how when I had it on still wet it seemed to disappear but got stronger in the dry down... I love it though, might need a a bottle. It's a nice musky soft scent that is really pretty...

i picked up a bottle of this when it was available, but it's taken me forever to review because, well, i don't quite know what to think of it. sometimes i think it's awesome, and others i'm ready to swap it away...but always change my mind. it's an odd scent and strangely malleable- it smells different on me all the time.

i really wish i knew what it was that gives it that vanilla-y note. it's almost sarsparilla, and i think that when i amp it, it can be cloying, and probably what i don't like, at times. i love the ylang-ylang/jasmine combination, i can pick those notes out quite well- enough so that when i tried "i died for beauty", which has ylang-ylang, my first thought was "this has something similar to 'the girl' in it". it's a delicious warm creamy floral, but doesn't seem overwhelmingly so at all.....if only that damn sarspar-vanilla note would back down! ;-)

also, i don't know what note it is, but there is something in here which is not always, but sometimes- -very faintly, almost imperceptibly "off' on my skin. rather than being a bad thing, to me it seems to actually highlight how lovely the scent is, the way a small mole or scar can sometimes enhance, rather than detract, from a person's beauty.

this is a deceptively heavy scent, so go sparingly at first. i like it in small dabs rather than the slathering i am wont to do. it blends very well with my current favorite scents too, so if it's an "amp the vanilla" day, i can slather something else over it and not have to worry. i'm sure i'll end up keeping this, but i may decant some as i don't know if i'll ever go through it all.

So glad I got to try it but sadly not for me...musky dirty (not in a patchouli way) vanilla just a touch bitter and reminds me of a BBW scent. Never wanted to wash off a BPAL before this one. :( Glad to see it gets much love from others though.

Just received a bottle of The Girl from a purchase over on LJ...definitely NOT what I was expecting....when I opened it it reminded me of Gypsy Moth??? I don't know even know if they share any notes?? Weird....when I put this on it's very very light (and I slathered it)...I guess I was expecting something more sharp and floral....I would say this scent is definitely elusive as advertised...I would describe it as light and creamy...I like it!

Bizarre. I was expecting to amp the jasmine in this, as I usually do, and that's a deal-breaker note for me. Instead, I am getting almost exactly The Anti-Saloon League. It must be the birch and vanilla! I like it, but then I like ASL and I really can't smell much of a difference in them. Really weird, skin chemistry! :)

In the bottle: Sweet, soft, and feminine.

Wet on skin: Still very soft - hints of almost white florals and soft musk. A hint of sweetness lingering in the background.

Drydown: This almost goes to baby powder on my skin. It's walking that fine line. Perhaps the white amber?

Dry: It's getting a deepness to it now that wasn't there before - something lurking in the shadows.

Overall: Very girly, but sweetly dark. I like it and am glad I lucked across a bottle.

This is a sweet, powdery floral. Crystalline is a perfect descriptive for it. If only the dratted amber wouldn't go quite so powdery on me all the time I'd probably give this one more of a chance. Not for me, though.

Wow, this scent is beautiful! I'm not a huge fan of florals but this is a winner.

I was frimped a tester of this by a totally awesome forumite. The Girl is a very "white" scent on me. I can pick out the Dorian-style pale musk, amber, ylang ylang, jasmine, and some light, airy woods. This scent is very ethereal and lovely. It just squirmed its way into my top 10. Now, to find a bottle... :lol:

In decant: oh wow. creamy, creamy white floral. It reminds me a little of Antique Lace, although it's not an Antique Lace vanilla and it's a lot more floral and also somewhat chilly. Seriously, no vanilla in the notes? How can that be?

Wet on skin: white, creamy vanilla floral. I guess the amber is giving this vanilla feel? The florals are vague, although I do get to identify the ylang ylang sometimes when it manages to kind of stand out a bit. Very well blended. Creamy, slightly chilly, white and very vanilla in feel. I am in love.

Dry: dry, the chilliness comes back up even more noticeably--this chilly, almost crystalline aspect that somehow does not detract from the creaminess is fabulous. Super well blended, the notes don't crowd over each other. And this is a good amber on me, too! Good throw, not too strong or light, and amazing staying power--I put it on one day, in the morning, and was out most of the day, and after dinner while doing dishes I could still catch whiffs of it (and smell it clearly if I put my wrist to my nose, obviously).

Verdict: at first it was merely love. Well, lovelove, but after wearing it the whole day twice, this has shot up in my list of favorite scents. It is absolutely beautiful, and amazing longevity, and just the right kind of scent and throw.