Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

PUMPKIN II
Pumpkin, rosewood, red sandalwood, and tea rose.

This is a very elegant, Victorian pumpkin. The tea rose balances the inherent pumpkin buttery-ness, and the rosewood and sandalwood give it a refreshing, slightly dry coolness.

Roses and buttery pumpkin, at first, drying down to some pumpkiny baked good flavored with rosewater, and then all the buttery baked goods scent vanishes and it is all rose. It isn't a screaming rose, but, it is all rose.

*ponders*

*sniffs*

Actually...this is a nice rose. I have been finding some roses that work on me and beginning to wonder if my skin chemistry has changed THAT much, or if it is just what these rose notes are blended with? This really should NOT be working on my skin.

Wet - pumpkin and the woods in the bottle. And something that I almost had trouble identifying as rose. It's quite understated, for a Pumpkin Patch.

Wet - Strong, but not as potent as many of the PPs. I'm getting mostly reserved pumpkin with a light bit of rose. This is a soft, dry rose, not a strong wet one, and I don't have to worry that it's going to overpower everything. The woods are still there, but they aren't as overpowering as I'm used to them being in other scents. The pumpkin seems to balance well with them. The pumpkin is slightly spiced. Not so you can pick out anything, but it has a rich complexity. Very nice.

Dry - I find that this swings in predomincance from pumpkin to rose and back, which keeps things interesting. The rose doesn't go overly strong or rise up to give me a headache. It's surprisingly well behaved. But the REAL surprise is that at the end of its life (and it's a fairly long life on my skin, though again, not as strongly so as some other PPs). I start to smell what I would swear is honey! And not just honey, this is very much O - like honey on me, with just a breath of rose and a smear of lingering pumpkin. But, oh, I DO love that drydown stage, even if it is terribly skin-close. LOVE!

In the bottle: Pumpkin and tea rose....

On the skin: Pumpkin and a sweet floral wood. I don't normally like rosewood.

This is interesting, but definitely not me. Pumpkin and sweet floral? Definitely..... different.

-EDIT- Uh, oh. There is something in this blend that is making me feel really nauseous..... Ick!

Edited by Catseyes

bottle: i mostly smell the rosewood. there are other scent in there but i can't quite grab them.

wet: there's pumpkin and a nice dash of rosewood and here comes the rose to ruin my party. no... it's staying in check. a rose scent i can actually wear? pumpkin is my magic scent! i knew it!

dry: the rose smells pretty spot on mixed with the rosewood and pumpkin. i'm going to let this one age a bit to see if the rosewood deepens.

I had high expectations for this one, since most pumpkins are too buttery for me to wear. I thought the rose and sandalwood might temper it a bit...

Initially, it is ALL buttery pumpkin, but eventually it lets a little rosewood in. Gradually the rose joins the group, and it comes on strong at first, drowning out most of the pumpkin. However, as it wears, the rose softens, the red sandalwood is in the background, and a beautiful soft rose scent is the result. It isn't a green rose, just a beautiful and gentle tea rose. I have a few rose scents already, and am undecided what to do with this one. I was hoping for just a wee bit more pumpkin to share with the rose. Perhaps aging would do that? As it is, it is a beautiful blend, and my expectations were definitely met.

Pumpkin II (2009) - Mmm.... buttery, warm, rich, sweet pumpkin and the scent of deep, dry woods and leaves. Tea rose, red sandalwood, and rosewood can all be such sharp, pungent notes, but the pumpkin really balances them out to create a unique and lovely fragrance. The only problem is that after only 10 minutes on my skin, this dries down to a soft pumpkin and dirt scent, which just doesn't work for me at all.

This blend is a perfect balance of pumpkin and tea rose on my skin. Rose and I are kind of iffy sometimes, but this blend sort of works on me. Just not sure if I love it enough for a bottle. Will have to think about...

This works unexpectedly well! It almost smells like two single notes layered together-- pumpkin and tea rose-- but the pumpkin warms and the tea rose gives it a nice, refined air. It's delicious!

In the imp: Pumpkin is dominant and it's a deep, buttery almost toasted smelling pumpkin. It doesn't seem bright orange to me, but darker and almost rusty or burnt orange in tone with swirls or caramel-toned yellow.

Wet on skin: This lightens and brightens immediately upon application my wrists. The pumpkin turns sweeter and brighter and the buttery is (thankfully) lost. It also begins to develop complexity immediately. My first whiff reveals spices and depth, with a hint of very sweet, very fresh tea rose at the very top of my palate.

Early dry down (5-10 minutes in): This has more throw than I expected from a pumpkin blend, which usually sit fairly close to my skin. It must be from the floral components, because they are certainly what is most apparent without directly huffing my wrist. However, that's not a bad thing. They're not making me sneeze at all which is my usual complaint with florals. Instead, they are adding a very bright and sophisticated note to the pumpkin. The rose is definitely the top note being amped by my skin chemistry. It's a delicate, sweet, bright, juicy rose.

Late dry down (45 min to an hour in): Rose, rose, rose. The waft from this is definitely all rose. I have to huff my wrists to sense the other notes. At wrist level this is lovely. There is a slightly dry, powdery, spicy glow from the sandalwood, the barest hint of warm pumpkin and a sweetness from the rose. Unfortunately, what is amping out from the wrist is ONLY the rose top note. I'll see how this wear throughout the day and report back in, but my initial impression is that is not discreet enough for work wear.

In the bottle and on my skin at first, I cab smell all of the listed notes. The rose smells red, rich, and spicy in the way that florals sometimes can be spicy. The pumpkin adds a sweet, bakery spiciness. And the rosewood and red sandalwood mingle together with the rose to make something like a woody-rose-incense smell. Red sandalwood often smells warm and incensey to me.

As this dries down, the sweet rose adds even more of a red feel to the blend, almost like a red jam with hints of rose, and the pumpkin smells like a warm, spicy pie. It morphs into an almost fruity smelling rose. It's like an exotic dessert with sugary, red rose jam piled into a spiced pastry, with wafts of woody incense smoke floating over the whole thing. The woods get stronger for me over time.

An odd mix of fruity red rose, foodie pumpkin spice, and woody incense. This blend smells so incredibly RED to me. It's very lovely and exotic. Definitely a keeper :smilenod:. This also has my favorite label of this year's Halloween blends; I just love the pictures of little kids in pumpkin patches. Too cute <3.

If I ever had any doubt that my skin amps rose, this blend puts that doubt to rest. This was ALL rose on my skin. NO pumpkin here, nothing else recognizable. Exactly like spritzing plain ol' rosewater on my skin.

In the vial- Just like the rest of the Pumpkins- all buttery

Wet- slightly pumpkin, but the rose is dominating

Drydown- This is mostly rosewater on me. It's like I'm in an older lady's home and she might have a sandalwood candle burning somewhere, and she might be baking something, but she is definitley into rose.

3 hours - Gone.

Verdict- 2 This is not unpleasant. But I have no real love for it.

Pumpkin II

In the Vial: Again, nauseatingly buttery pumpkin.

Wet: Whoa, this is interesting. Starts to pick up the warmth of the rosewood (mebbe sandalwood?). Wait, something sharp is coming in...

Drydown: And then it's super sour rose. Ick. :rasp:

Verdict: I'm really figuring out that a lot of the blends containing rose wind up super sour on my skin. Too bad, because for awhile, it seemed like the only pumpkin patch blend that had something strong enough to combat the pumpkin without overpowering it altogether. Pass. And again, yet another pumpkin w/ long lasting powers on my silly skin. Too bad it doesn't work for me.

Good god, this years patch is a total winner on me. I love pumpkin and this blend is no exception. Smooth, creamy buttery pumpkin that gives way to rose and sandalwood. It's woodsy and sweet.

Alright so this one was so bad on me I had to wash it off. I have a terrible relationship with rose, and in fact, there are VERY few blends with rose in it I can wear. In this particular one, I turned the rose to ammonia and combined with the pumpkin scent it was enough to make me nauseous. Unfortunately, this was very much not for me.

Being an amper of rose, while this starts of with the buttery slap of pumpkin on wet, it quickly becomes a pumpkin-rose blend, and becomes utterly dominated by the rose.

Meh.

This is very strange, but I'm not getting ANY rose. Lots of buttery pumpkin, a hint of the rosewood (pretty red sweetness! just a drift of it). Maybe some softness from the sandalwood, but I wouldn't put money on it.

I don't often care for tea rose, so this is not a bad thing, but it's very surprising in light of the reviews above. YMMV...

Sweetly pretty, but nothing spectacular.

In the Imp: Total pumpkin and tea rose and rosewood. Not really picking up the sandalwood.

Wet: That's interesting. The tea rose went away. But it's a good thing, it was a little too much.

Dry: Pumpkin, rosewood and honey. But not the squiffy Lab note honey, that gets all powdery on my skin. This is just the suggestion of honey without it actually being present. I think that I am liking this better than I had imagined I would.

Overall: Not really my thing. Much more pleasant than expected, so I think I will keep the imp and call it good.

I'm not really into florals, but I always love a good rose. I was a bit wary of this because I'm generally not a fan of tearose, but I love wood notes and I was really curious. Well, I think that this is one of my favorite rose blends from BPAL. I just love the combination of the notes and it ends up being almost all sweet spicy rose to me, but I really like it. This pumpkin, like the rest of the patch this year, is a winner in my book and I'm glad that I have a bottle.

in the imp, I get nothing but buttery pumpkin (yum) and maybe just a smidge of sandalwood. Wet on my skin, I find the rosewood. But the drydown - it's all honeyed rose, almost like KVT, with a little added spice...

Wet this is strong pumpkin with a hint of sweetness. When first on this is pumpkin, spice and rose. There's an almost berry like note too, very sweet. After a couple hours this has mellowed out and is a nice blend of rose, sandalwood and pumpkin. On the dry down this is a lovely soft rose. A must try for any rose lover!

I love pumpkin, and I love rose...but would these work together? Yes! :joy: I prefer this in the scent locket, where its an even mix of sweet pumpkin and rose grounded by the wood notes. On my skin, the woods amped a bit too much. This is lovely and will make a lovely addition to my Pumpkin Patch. :vamp:

I'm not a fan of florals, and this is no exception. The rose completely overpowers the pumpkin for me (both in the vial and on my skin). The pumpkin is adding a sweetness, causing the blend to smell like candied rose petals.

There was something in this that was reacting badly with my head and threatening a massive headache (one of the reasons I am not a fan of florals) so I washed this off before it fully dried.

This is BEAUTIFUL. I didn't initially purchase this one because I'm not always keen on florals. A friend of mine purchased an extra bottle so I swapped Eat Me for a bottle of Pumpkin II.

In the bottle it's all roses and pumpkin with a woody undertone.

Wet on the skin it's Victorian rose, buttery pumpkin and more wood. It's not a cloying or annoying rose scent. It's very haughty and sexy at the same time.

Dry down is still the same Victorian rose with pumpkin and wood. I love it. The throw is decent and the boys seem to love it. :)