Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

PUMPKIN I
Pumpkin, almond, brown musk, and honey.

The Almond seems to combine with the Brown Musk & Honey for something of a skin scent with a slight earthy tone.

It's quite a bit more laid back then many of BPAL's other Pumpkin scents.

In the bottle: warm pumpkin and honey, very yummy and slightly comforting (?)

On me: the almond is trying to ruin this for me but its loosing the battle with the pumpkin and honey. WooHoo!!!! Pumpkin triumphs!!! Sweet honey-almond and pumpkin! No floral! YEEESSS!

If Bite Me broke you heart with the floral almond get this instead 'cause it's just the right amount/kind of almond that doesn't go all floral.

(1/2 hour later)

Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!

....pumpkin lost....now almond playdough!

Forget what I said earlier.....

Edited by AmandaArcana

In the bottle: SO sweet and warm! Honeyed almondy pumpkin, yum!

On wet..Oh yes...yes..YES YES YES! Pumpkin, tempered by almond, sweetened with honey, softened by musk. This.is.gorgeous.

Dry: hm well...it is a little plasticky...a little sharper than when wet. I should have brought the whole bottle with me to re-slather with all day long!

This is an incredible blend. None of the scents are overpowering and it's foody, sexy and warm.

Pumpkin, almond and honey, at first. None of the notes can decide which is going to be dominant and they keep switching. The musk is in the background, waiting for the three primadonnas to make up their minds.

Very foody. It smells spicy with things that aren't listed in the notes, like a pie with cinnamon and allspice perhaps.

I have been transformed into a pumpkin pastie! :yum: The pumpkin is the slightly buttery, spicy autumn scent we all know and love here. The almond and honey musk combine seamlessly to give the blend a slight nutty, creamy, skin sweetness. These almonds are not being brash cherry girls, though there is a slight fruity/juicyness. It smells like O and Dana O'Shee are having a pumkin late, really. Delicious, sensual, Faerie Harvest feast!

Edited by lookingglass

In the bottle: Pumpkin and almond! Wow! I don't really like the smell of almonds, but this smells yummy!

On the skin: No more pumpkin. *sigh* Now it smells slightly like..... cherries? What?? Almond cherries?? This is very strange. Dry down.... musky cherries? This doesn't seem right.

Fades pretty quickly on me.

Overall: Interestingly good, but I am not sure if it is my thing...

Edited by Catseyes

bottle: honey pumpkin. very sweet.

wet: gorgeous! the skin musk is lovely, the honey and almond give this a sweetness that perfectly showcases the pumpkin.

dry: pumpkin custard. :yum:

So can I say, first of all, that I nearly started jumping up and down because the Whole Foods behind my school has some of the 'Weenies, including this one, and I didn't know until tonight? You go Whole Foods.

Anyway. This is delicious! I wasn't planning on getting any of the Pumpkins because none of them really appealed to me on paper but I tried this one on for the hell of it. It starts out super sweet on me; the honey and sweet aspect of the pumpkin really come through. This was almost too sweet at first, but then the brown musk and almond combine with the honey and pumpkin to create something that's sweetly spicy, like a honey spice cookie.

Bottle purchase, immediately. I have a feeling this is going to age beautifully.

On me, this was very sweet-- it reminds me of the topping on top a streudel or pie, like pecan pie, maybe. Honey + almonds with a little spice from pumpkins. On me, I could barely smell the musk. It stops just short of being too foody.

I KNOW. It smells just like the warm cinnamon nuts at RenFest! MMMMM.

Pumpkin I (2009) - The honey is so lovely with the pumpkin note! The almond doesn't bite me in the nose the way most almond blends do. It's so well-balanced and just lovely. The musk brings a depth and warmth to it that compliment the golden warmth of the pumpkin, honey, and almond. I smell the faintest trace of spice, too. Someone said this smells like a honey spice cookie. Make that a honey spice pumpkin cookie, and I agree! This is a really lovely Pumpkin Patch blend. But like most of the other PP's this season, it disappears off my skin within minutes.

This one is quite the yummy Pumpkin scent. The almond note goes a bit cherry on me, but I like that combined with the pumpkin note. I can't really distinguish the honey note, other than thinking it probably adds to the sweetness of this scent. I surprised myself in wanting to get a full bottle of this after sampling my decant.

Pumpkin Patch #1 (2009)

In Bottle: Sugary alcoholic pumpkin. Fragrant and sweet.

Wet: Pumpkin and apples. More like apple cider, with this alcoholic trend. I don't get any almond which makes me sad, I love almond.

Dry: Apple starts to dominate and the pumpkin's a memory. The apple's a bit floral for my taste. As time goes on the pumpkin proves to have the staying power. Pumpkin and apple fight for dominance in this and it's an interesting blend if not one of my favorite pumpkin blends.

Overall: Worth a go for anyone who likes pumpkin scents.

In the vial it smells like butter. Nothing more and nothing less. Wet on the skin it's a golden sweet pumpkin goodness. But I detect some mint (?) as well, which makes it a bit odd. But thankfully the mint goes away and it's golden sweet pumpkin goodness again. I'm definitely buying a bottle.

This is my first try for a pumpkin blend, and I was pleased. The pumpkin is round and wet and fruity, but not in-your-face-pumkin-pie. The brown musk was beautiful, and the honey and almond danced over everything adding sweetness and depth. Really nice. This didn't last very well on my skin, but I really enjoyed it.

In the bottle, this smells like nothing but bpal's buttery pumpkin note.

On my skin at first, I'm surprised at how much I like this scent. I don't normally like bpal's honey or almond notes, because the honey goes metallic on my skin and the almond smells like cherries. This really smells like honeyed almonds though, with a pretty, delicate, golden sweetness.

I love this at first and then get really disappointed by the drydown, which goes cinnamon-spicy on my skin, and it's sort of a sharp, cider-esque cinnamon with a background of buttery pumpkin. I really wanted the honey and almond to stick around :(.

As far as the pumpkin blends go, this one doesn't have as much throw on me as they usually do.

Wet on the skin, this starts with a cherry-like scent, which is probably actually the almond. That burns off quickly, and the honey comes out immediately, along with another note that's difficult to describe, which I'm taking as the brown musk. I'll give it a go: it's a sort of "fuzzy," warm note. It almost reminds me of a crust of bread, but not quite. Very pleasant, but difficult to pin down. After about an hour or so, that fades to the background and leaves honeyed pumpkin (buttery pumpkin, as seems to be the case with most BPAL pumpkin blends).

Honey can be hit or miss on me, but this one stays a true, sweet golden honey. Quite possibly bottle-worthy for me; I'm loving this honey-pumpkin with no spice. Nose-to-wrist, the honey is super thick and sweet, but in the throw it's less potent and very yummy and comforting, and I get a little whiff of that "brown musk" every now and then.

This starts out uber sweet on me. Pumpkin mixed with honey! :eek: Dried down...it reminds me of Pumpkin 3 07, with sweet grass and sage. And I know that neither of these notes are here. The almond is actually light...but the brown musk and I never get along. It's making me a little sick actually. :sick: Must. wash. off. NOW!!! Good thing this is going off to a better home.

Edited by Dark Alice

This is absolutely effing gorgeous. IMO, this is the best pumpkin ever! I'm not a big pumpkin fan...prior to this my fav was Pumpkin IV '07, but that has been bumped big time. For those of you who are on the fence about pumpkin, this would be the one to try. I find it hard to disect notes, but everything in this blend is so smooth, there is no need to. The almond did not turn cherry or flowery on me...and the pumpkin is actually the base note...it never goes away, yet is never in the forefront. It is an earthy smell...sweet but to me, not really foody or gourmand. It isn't strong, but it does last a good long time. Almost musky. There will be yet another order going to the lab...I need one, maybe two more of these.

First sniff and wet, I was like Pumpkin III '07 remix here! I'm diggin' it, 'cause that is my all time favorite pumpkin... in my top twenty scents, in fact. I have a little over a half bottle left and thought to myself, I could get this one as sort of a replacement. BUT!!! Imagine my vast disappointment when this one did a 180 on me. :cry2: I don't know who the culprit is... the almond or the honey, (I'm going to guess it's the honey, 'cause I've had this problem in the past), but it's gone all sourish on me. It's not disgusting or anything, but I'm definitely not diggin' it any more. I'm sad, but my wallet is happy to be saved once more.

Oh.

Oh YES.

On my skin, this is SO amazing: Take the true pumpkin of BPAL's Jack blend, and smush it up with Lush's Snowcake scent, and you get Pumpkin I.

Slightly foody, slightly creamy, a true pumpkin with an almond icing coating, YUM.

In the vial- Buttery pumpkin

Wet- pumpkin recedes a bit and it's sweet almondy honey

Drydown- This is getting sweeter and muskier as it goes. And its really light and fading fast

Verdict- Meh. Not bad, not great. I think it's off to swap pile

I am an almond scented/flavored/anything addict.

Unfortuntely for me, BPAL's almond scents die within moments when in contact with my skin.

Yet glutton for punishment that I am, here I indulged in 2 new almondy weenies.

Pumpkin I:

Bottle - Lovely aroma that seems to morph with every breath. Sharp coffee type note, then almond, the pumpkin spice, then something warm. Promising!

Skin - Uhm, cinnamon (I *hate* hot tamale cinnamom scents) & powder. WTH? Not sure where this has come from :(

Dry: Okie, maybe I was hasty and upset. Its sweet and warm and reminds me of brown sugar. A tease/flicker of almond + the spice.

Lovely now that its dry, but not almondy nirvana :(

Pumpkin and ... apples? Maybe it's the almond, or the brown musk (never tried brown musk anything, I don't think), but there's something sweet with the pumpkin and a teeny bit sharp, and it comes across to my nose as apple-y.

This one was a weird one. First applying it was lovely almonds and the usual buttery pumpkin with a hint of spice, it stayed that way for about an hour, but then I started to smell something familiar...Dorian! This was Dorian with pumpkins! Very odd.....love Dorian though, and the pumpkin adds a bit of sweet, just was not expecting that morph at all :lol:.