Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
roisnoir

Succubus

Bat-winged, flame-eyed, and possessed of an unearthly, perfect beauty: the Daughters of Lilith, the Succubi, invade the dreams of men and lie with them in rapturous, unholy sexual union. The scent of their skin is bittersweet, dusky and terminally seductive. Mimosa, orange blossom, neroli and bergamot with a drop of sweet clove.

In the imp: This scent is hard to get a handle on. I sniff it and think "Citrus" and then I sniff more and think "Herbal" and then I sniff more and think "Floral". But it isn't, for example, a herbally floral with hints of citrus... my nose just doesn't want to interpret it.

First on: It's herbal. With orange blossom. And this sucker is strong once you put it on. I still feel oddly conflicted about it: a lot of these herbal/floral blends end up smelling too salty on me, but this one is nice, at least to begin with. It's a nice green garden sort of smell, though.

Dry: Yeah, there's that salty soapy smell again. I've gotta try blending these florals with something else and see if I can stop that.

Like many on here, I got a strong sense of herbs, with maybe a little sultry smoke to it, and then it morphed into a orange with incense overtones. Not as much throw as I had hoped for, but I have to tell you good people, for me, it made up for that with it's aphrodisiacal effects on me! :D Too bad I didn't have anybody around me at the time to share that with! I love this scent and, for obvious reasons, I feel a big bottle is in order :P

i had been looking forward to trying the scent and got it as a frimp. I was hoping for that yummy smell you get when you put cloves into an orange.

unfortunately i just smell like hotel soap. no orange or clove, just nameless florarls and herbs that make me sneeze and a powdery soapy scent.

poo. one more to cross of the list and send to the swap pile.

this smells bright and shiny to me, I think its because of the orange blossom -- a very clean innocent smell to me. This is cute, but not what I think of when I think of succubi. Maybe because it's all citrus/flower on me, and no clove. pretty, but a bit soapy. and i have several scents that i use in my soap already.

it's actually a scent i'd give a little girl to wear -- and i'd call it something else when i gave it! :P

n.

High hopes for the highly seductive category...

In the imp: Floral and fresh

On skin: Hmmm. Very light and citrusy. I think its the bergamot, which happens to be one of my favorite clean smells.

Over time, the entire blend just ends up smelling light, floral and fresh. Very innocent.

Rats.

I so wanted this to be highly seductive.

Unless you think knee-socks and pleated skirts on a budding young woman who hasn't been kissed yet is seductive. Its feminine and approachable and light and fun.

I'll give it another try but I get pretty instead of sexy from this.

ETA: So I've been using Succubus these past few days. I've been reaching for something light, feminine and floral.

On the third day, I got a whiff of something, for the lack of a better term, darker out of the scent. I've been sniffing at the drydown and its very subtly seductive.

I think I've fallen in love. Again. :P

Edited by zankoku_zen

:P this is sooooooooo taking me back to when my dad used to wear something that i recall

as "4711" (*i think*)...it was a cologne back in the early 80's........had a gold/yellow/turquoise

label....its definitely the neroli and bergamot in this blend.........

definitely a manly type scent ..... this one will be another addition to the boy's pile of

new scents.......

On application, this is flowery. No citrus at all. I can't place the floral scent but it is very green and purple to me. I keep reading mention of violet and that could very well be what it is. I am NOT a floral girl.

The scent changes very little over time on me.

I will also agree with the mention of hotel soap. Thus to me it makes me think of a cheap scent.

Edited by space girl lost

In the vial: Something woody, something a little sour. Maybe a hint of citrus. Not sure about this one.

Wet: Well, that's as close to a generic "perfume" smell as I've gotten out of Beth's blends yet. Not sure what that is. Something powdery begins to appear and a floral that I'm hoping isn't rose.

Drydown: Well, the powder lingers long enough that I almost washed it off. I can see how it gets mistaken for violet as it has the same powdery feel as Numb. I get orange and spice beneath it though, and susprisingly, I like it.

Dry: But sadly not enough to make me want to keep it.

Succubus makes me sick. I'm sorry, I so very much wanted to love this, but I just can't. It's all heavy florals with something else (the neroli, maybe?) to turn it sour; clove never shows up to spice or sweeten it up. The throw is VERY strong, but I'm not sure how long it lasts because I've never been able to wear it for more than 15 minutes before I have to wash it off.

I loved this all the way around, although it morphed significantly on me.

In the imp and wet on skin this was a heady, very green floral. It reminded me of something I love but I couldn't put my finger on it. I kept applying and sniffing as I went, trying to place it... and in the process ended up slathering myself but good. Clove popped up for a just few minutes and added sweet spiciness. As it dried down further the greenness disappeared on me and it became orange blossom with just a touch of mimosa sweetness. I *love* this orange blossom... it reminds me of the orange flower water my ex-MIL used to send me from France. I *did* get asked what I was wearing that day at work, and it was funny to say "Succubus"... the lady asking apparently didn't know this word and I had to repeat it more than once. I didn't offer a definition, however, because even though the one who asked is cool, there was someone nearby who might have taken offense. Maybe I'll pass my imp on to the "cool" coworker with a print-out of the Lab's description! :P Anywho, I liked this better wet and I'm going to keep looking to see if Beth has something that stays truer to the scent of this when wet. It is altogether lovely, however, so there's probably a big bottle of this for me in the future!

This scent doesn't last long. While wet, it's sharp and very green. There's a brief period where I can actually smell some orange blossom. Unfortunately, that period is very brief. Afterwards, it's mostly neroli with a faint undertone of something vaguely plastic smelling. It would be perfect if I were a succubus with green plastic skin. But I'm not, so this isn't for me. :P

In the imp, I can smell the orange blossom along with something sharper.

On me, everything went to soap. And I mean S-O-A-P. A thick, perfumey hotel soap. The orange blossom was fighting valiantly to get out from beneath all that soap but it lost the fight.

Off to the swap pile.

In the bottle: Herby floral with a strong sharp scent over the top.

On me: yow, bergamot. Almost exactly like the bergamot syrup I've used to make flavoured tea. I love bergamot in tea, but then I like violets in tea too, and that doesn't work on my skin either. Too sharp, too bitter, and I can't smell any other notes in it even after a long drydown.

I kind of liked this at first. I love the smell of Earl Grey and I got a blast of that at first. Then something sort of incense-y and dry.

But it is the first scent out of about 60 I've tried that did the soap thing. I never understood the references to scents "going soapy". Now I do. It's lovely smelling soap.

Bottle: neroli and a hint of something sweet and sharp

Wet: bergamot rising, and hints of the mimosa. the sharpness is less sweet, now, and more..dry.

Dry: still sweet and sharp enough to be a little owie.

Later: the sharp has abated some, and there are hints of orange blossom, now...with the bergamot and orange it's almost like a rather floral tea...rather nice, actually, but it's just not a good fit for me.

This seemed really unpleasantly sharp and murky in the imp, but cleaned up once it got on my skin. Mostly an herbal, spicy orange scent, very reminiscent of potpourri and the like. I liked it well enough, but it seemed more like a room scent than a perfume. I may hang onto it, though, because the clove actually shows up -- it's one of my favorite notes and I rarely find a blend I can smell it in.

Wet, this smells almost like straight neroli to me, and man but is it ever strong. As it dries down, the bergamot hijacks it, then turns control over to the mimosa and orange blossom. The hint of clove only comes out once it's fully dry.

Once the bergamot has released its hold, it becomes almost sickly-sweet on me. For a time (before my skin started reacting badly to it), I used the Body Shop's satsuma-scented items almost exclusively, and this smells like that to me: orange, but terribly sweet orange. It's pretty, but it can be a bit overwhelming.

Ultimately, I just don't like what this becomes on my skin. Off it goes.

I've been having trouble coming up with a proper review for this one. I love it, but I honestly can't say that I recognize a single element of it. To me it smells wonderfully light, clean and airy. I guess I would have to say it's delicate & blossomy with a touch of almond (for me at least). I wish I had laundry detergent that smelled like this, because I find it very soothing and dreamy.

funny, i felt exactly the same way about it. i'm not as good about picking out individual notes as a lot of people are under the best of circumstances, but with succubus, i couldn't discern a single one. strange. but it smelled nice. light, floral. pleasant.

what's really wierd is, i put it on in the morning, then went to work as usual. after about 2 hours at work i kept thinking to myself 'did i use too many dryer sheets or something? why do i keep smelling bounce fabric softener?'

you guessed it. the succubus had morphed into fabric softener. still nice though, it smells snuggly and soothing. i don't know that it's what i'd picture when i thought of what a succubus smelled like... it doesn't smell particularly seductive or sensual, but it is definately pleasant.

In the vial: Orange and floral.

On me: Mmmm, this is what I wished Xiuhtecuhtli would have smelled like. This is sweet orange, florals, and a drop of clove. What a great scent!

Verdict: Definitely keeping this. Should be nice for summer sniffing!

Rating: 4/5

Succubus

In the imp: sharp, biting orange blossom and bergamot. Very sharply citrus.

Wet on skin: still that dry orange blossom scent (it smells a bit nutty now?) but now I get mimosa.

Dry on skin: hmm, not bad, but a very unusual scent. I don't get the cat pee scent from mimosa, it's a soft yellow floral on my skin, like it should be, and it is like that in here. There's a biting dryness to this scent, like dry orange blossoms on fresh mimosa. There's something almost hay like, or even seed/nut like, to this, don't know what that is, but it reminds me of sunflower seeds. The bergamot makes it sharper and with the orange blossom, gives the scent a real 'French cologne' feel. I don't get clove yet.

After a while: now the mimosa is much more dominant…that soft, sunshine-yellow blossom scent, warm and smooth with a hint of something sharp to it, which is the citrus and orange blossom. My mum's friend has a mimosa tree which smells really gorgeous when it's warm, this smells like that, but with something dry and lemony. There's something almost soapy about the scent now-sometimes (not always), orange blossom does this.

Verdict: I think I'm lucky with mimosa. This is the second mimosa scent I've tried so far and the one that's worked well on me-it doesn't go funky on my skin, it smells just like mimosa should-a yellow and sunshiny, a warm clean floral with a real 'pollen-y' feel to it and a hint of something almost like hay. The mimosa note is my favourite part of this scent-but I wish it was just a bit more dominant, as I get an odd dry note to it which at times smells burnt, and a bit of a citrus-soap drydown which I don't care much about. And I wish I got clove in here-there, but alas, none seems to show up. I'm not sure whether to keep this for the lovely mimosa note or to swap it off-I think it's a swapper for now because it hasn't truly knocked my socks off.

Emoticon rating: :P

Succubus - When first applied, Succubus has a strong bitter overtone that reminds me of what Bess and Lolita smell like on me. But within a minute or so, that bitterness fades and I smell soft, sweet citrus and florals with just the tiniest touch of spice. It turns into an absolutely gorgeous blend that I would have never anticipated after sniffing wet in the vial. It’s simply stunning. It sticks really close to the skin, although I occasionally get a lovely, unexpected waft of the fragrance. Unfortunately, after about 30 minutes, it turns into soap and the loveliness is completely gone.

Well, on my body, this Succubus is spending all of her time in Florida. She's been all around all the citrus groves to gather the best juice and blossoms. She plies men with mimosas and then sneaks back in when they're sleeping. She is probably the the reason that Don Johnson always looked so sleepy-eyed in "Miami Vice" -- she was stopping by his houseboat every night. She is the anti-Anita Bryant.

Anyway, I get carried away; Succubus is obviously very citrusy on me, initially a little sharp, but then softening and mellowing into a sweet mimosa, with maybe a bit of a powdery undertone from the bergamot. Clove, frequently my enemy, simply doesn't show up in this blend when I wear it. While it's not a daily scent, I think it would be great fun to scent some of my body cream with this, because it's a fresh and glowing blend. (And now I have a huge craving for mimosas! :P)