Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A popular holy day beverage in 18th century Ireland: roasted apples mashed into warmed milk and ale, with nutmeg, sugar, ginger, and clove.

Ok, this is a lovely fall scent. It's apples, but not crisp apple at all. It's baked apple with a bit of cream and spices. It smells like the inside of a kitchen in fall...warm and steamy. :yum:

Here's the thing I learned with this bottle though. I love the smell of this. The yummy smells of apples and cream and spice all mixed together. I love to smell it, I just don't want to smell like it. I think, from now on, my addiction to foody-smells are best left in scrubs and soaps.

Off to swaps... Edited by saralaughs

I had very fluctuating expectations for Lambs-Wool. First it looked like the scent to end all scents, but then I read lots of reviews and curbed my enthusiasm... then I forgot about it for a long time while waiting for decants, and now that I'm actually trying it I'm really interested again.

This smells like a three-way love-fest between Fearful Pleasure, Gingerbread Poppet and Nonae Caprotina. I love all of those oils, so I am quite pleased. Lambs-Wool is a much softer and more feminine cider scent than FP, without the smoke and citrus notes. It has the unsweetened cream of NC swirled through the hot ale and ripe apple, but the other notes keep the milk from turning to that really strong, earthy milk note that could be off-putting to a lot of people. The ginger is fresh and snappy like actual ginger root or even a little like ginger ale, but in combination with the nutmeg it does give an impression of gingerbread.

All together, it becomes warm, soft, creamy apple cider and ginger ale. Foody but not excessively sweet. It's a very nicely blended scent and under consideration for a bottle.

While it's not going to be one of my all-time favorites, that shouldn't be a slight against it. I love the way this smells, just... more on certain days than others. Today, for example, was a little cool but not cold, cloudy but not raining, and the two set each other off perfectly.

It stays a constant creamy spicy apple on me, though as time goes on the creaminess becomes much more pronounced. At first application it's much sharper, and to be honest the first time I tried it it smelled like one of those wall plug-ins in apple cinnamon. I think that was just a bad day for me, though, since it hasn't done that on repeat. It just feels wonderfully autumn and cozy.

Lambs-wool is something I'll happily wear to a Thanksgiving get together.

Very similar to Fearful Pleasure, but creamier, where FP is a little sharper and smokier. Lambs-Wool walks the edge of air-freshener/candle territory on me (that was the boyfriend's verdict, too) but I've realized that either it's just on the yummy side of that edge, or it's just so good that I don't care. I'm using this up faster than any other 'Weenie decant, and I think I'm just finding reasons to keep sniffing it ("does it really smell like air freshener?...no, I love it!...oh, wait, it does a little...no, I must have more!"). At this rate I'll have to give in and buy a bottle.

Overall: sweet apples with a creamy edge, and a heck of a lot of spice--cinnamon and nutmeg at the front.

Apples! Apples and spice. Sweet with a touch of milk. Lucky for me I don't smell any ale. The clove is wafting over the top nicely.

Pretty much the same thing everyone else has said: it's a creamier, softer Fearful Pleasure. It's a lovely relaxing scent, and the creamy aspect slowly gets stronger on the skin - the spices are very mild and fade under the apple milk. Being that milky notes are not great on me (they're not bad, but they don't do anything spectacular), I don't need a bottle, but I think I'll get good use out of the two decants.

In the bottle: Tart-sweet apple! Strange to say, but I really do get the sense of roasted apple. It has that quality, like a baked apple stuffed with brown sugar and fruit. I also get some of the spices, adding overall warmth, particularly the ginger and clove. The nutmeg is subtler and hard to pick out. I don't really get any sense of a milk note here, but there is something deep that makes me think of the ale. The apple note makes me think of Agrat-Bat-Mahlaht, but without the caramel.

On, wet: Big throw. A little brighter and lighter, but still apple-spicy goodness. Maybe this is where the milk makes itself known, because it's all a bit smoother, almost creamy. The spices are now at the forefront, with the apple receding just a little bit, and the nutmeg is much more apparent. It's absolutely delicious, very spicy and warm and sweet, but tart enough to never be cloying. :yum:

On, dry: Still has excellent throw! The spices have blended together and are hanging out in the forefront, backed by the deep apple-milk-ale combination. I do get the ale now, although it isn't a huge component; it just adds some round, brassy character and it blends very well with the apples. Have attracted numerous random compliments, most along the lines of telling me that I smell like fall and spices and apple cake. :D

Later: This got much, much fainter all of a sudden. The spices are still very clear, but the apple is taking on a slightly floral character. It's more delicate and less robust and fruity. I could almost swear this had some light musk in it, too.

Overall: This is THE autumn scent for me! I waffled about this one because I already had apple scents and wasn't sure about the ale, but I'm so glad that I tried it. It's a wonderfully warm, spicy, apple-y scent, with just a touch of smoothness from the milk and some depth from the ale. The sugar doesn't push it over the edge into too-sweet territory because the apple is crisp and tart and the ginger adds a healthy bite. It's definitely not overwhelming in the way foody scents can be. The only drawback is that when it fades, it fades fast, though in general the throw is good. Wear length is medium, about 4 to 5 hours.

So glad I ordered a bottle of this. This is divine baked red apples with warm spices and creamy milk. I was hoping to wear it on, me but once wearing it, I decided it works much better as a room scent, as it is a bit reminiscent of potpourri or candles. This is getting heavy usage in my oil burner this fall. Delicious!

This is a softer, creamier version of hot cider, with the spices mellowed out by the sweetness of the milk note. For thsoe times when you're craving an autumn fragrance that's spicy but not intensely so, this is just perfect. The apple isn't in-your-face screaming apple like those body sprays you find at the mall that might just as well be a Red Delicious shoved up your nostrils. This is the essence of a perfectly blended warm fall drink, perfect for snuggling in front of the fire with. :wub2:

Yum! This does smell a bit like an "Autumn Apple" sort of candle, but I love it!

I get mostly the freshest, most succulent apple, with swirls of the nutmeg and cinnamon and a touch of sweetness from the cream. So comforting and delicious, great for fall!

As it dries down, I get even more of the spices, and it becomes delicious apple cider. I'm so glad I found this; I haven't been able to find an apply blend that I love yet, but this fills that niche!

Out of 10: 9

I love this scent. It reminds me of Harvest Moon 2005 (which I still have and wear) but better. Harvest Moon was all apples and spice and could be a bit sharp and definitely could go to Yankee Candle territory. Lambs-Wool has all those apple and spice notes *plus* the softening influence of cream and sugar. It's foodier, softer, and just more wearable. Delightful as an alternative to Samhain, which I wear almost non-stop in the autumn.

At first this is sharp, fresh apple along with something else that just smells sort of...clean. Then the spices start to come out a bit, but not very much. It's a very fall-y scent, sort of like hiking through the woods in the autumn and snacking on apples as you walk.

APPLE APPLE APPLE APPLE APPLE APPLE spice APPLE APPLE spice APPLE spice apple

This is how it went for me. In the imp, wet and dry, I smelled apple (in case you hadn't guessed :lol: ) - not the baked apple that many others get, but a crisp fresh apple. This is what I thought Snow, Glass, Apples would smell like, and not at all what I thought Lambs-Wool would. I got almost no spice until it had been on my skin for over an hour, and then it was never strong.

Not that I don't love this scent! In fact, I ordered a bottle. This could be a year-round scent for me.

I initially wasn't going to get this once because I already have a bunch of fall apple scents. But, this one truly stands out on its own.

The more I apply the heavier the spices are. I think I like it a little lighter because it turned into cooked, smashed apples, light spices and the creamiest cream imaginable. This is the best milk note I have encountered yet. When applied heavier, the spices tend to envelop the cream.

I absolutely love this.

-respectfully cut-

The more I apply the heavier the spices are.

-respectfully cut-

Basically, this. I've tried it twice since I received it, and this is the impression I get. Anyway, onwards to a slightly more detailed review (because I don't want write my presentation speech right now).

Bottle: Apples baked with sugar. Then encrusted with sugar and spices. So far so good.

Wet: More of the same, but the deal warms up and the sugar/spice crust melts and caramalises. It's quite a light scent, so there's no OMGCLOYINGCLOYING to complain about... but still, it's tempered by a soft creaminess that reminds me of neither milk or cream but is still so delicious.

Drying: Depending on how much I put on, either the sweet creaminess takes over, or the spice/sugar does (oh, along with apple, but the apple is in the background and occasionally peeking in to make sure everyone else is behaving). Overall, it smells like the inside of a McDonald's apple pie.

I'll give you a minute to read that last sentence again.

This is not a bad thing. Not at all. Sure, the actual filling is hotter than lava, but it still smells divine - as does Lambs Wool. Light/Moderate throw (no matter how much I slather), surprisingly long wear time. I hope that, with a little aging, the apple and overall throw will be a little more assertive.

Glad I bought the bottle. (:

ETA: I don't do scented candles but, if this is what scented candles smell like, I should really look into buying some. ;D

Edited by Lavada

OMG, I love it! I'm so glad I got a decant. I'm definitely getting a bottle.

I was unsure when I sniffed it.

In the bottle, it smells very heavily of the spices. I can't find the apples or milk at all.

Wet, it smells like spiced cider. Good, but a little too foody for me.

Dry though, it's a very mellow creamy caramel cider scent. It smells delicious without actually smell too foody.

My skin loves apples, and any chance it gets to make those apples apple cider it takes gleefully, so I thought, the heck with it, I'll get an apple cider perfume. To me, this has great similarity to Agape- Agape is mostly apple and cream on me, as is Lambs-Wool. I smell a smidge of spice, enough to take the crispness off of the apple (in terms of apple crispness, my arsenal goes Punkie Night's wet stage, Agape, this, and then L'Autunno, for those interested) but not really enough to make cider and not enough for pie. The milk sits behind the apple, cooling it down. Rather than a warming autumnal drink, I could see this as a summer drink with the very first apples of the season. Actually, I wonder how well L'Autunno and Lambs-Wool would layer, if that would indeed make a pie scent or a milky cider. I do like this on its own, though. I'd have never thought cream/milk would go so well with apple, but Agape and Lambs-Wool have made me a believer.

This is creamy apple. It's sort of like a sister to Agape and Fearful Pleasure; however, Agape had a sort of indiscriminate feel to it where I could only sort of detect a bit of apples underneath a lot of.. I don't know, blandness... and Fearful Pleasure was like really sour apples on me. When you sniff Lambs-Wool, first you get a light apple scent, but right before you stop inhaling and begin to pull away, you get a really sweet, nice creaminess. I'm guessing that's the milk mixed with the spices. This is nice and I'll definitely keep the decant, but I've got a ton of apple scents as it is so I don't think I'll be needing a bottle.

When I first tried this I got a definite "scented candle" feel, like an artificial, pale representation of a scent rather than the scent itself. I was thinking about swapping it away, but I really wanted to like it so I gave it more time to settle before deciding. I tried it again a few weeks later, and wonder of wonders! Real apple! Then the apple recedes and it becomes a deliciously warm and cozy blend of sugared milk and spices, swirled with touches of sweet apple. YUM! Wonderful, and totally unlike anything else I have. This little baby aint goin' nowheres! :P

I'm another one who needs to make the comparison to Fearful Pleasure. Let me say first that I adore Fearful Pleasure, which when fresh was all smoky apple cider on me, and has now aged to an even smokier cider. It's one of my absolute favorite Halloween scents and I am rationing my bottles (two) because I just don't want to be without it. So I was uncertain about whether I needed Lambs-Wool, due to the similarities in the reviews.

However, I am so glad I ordered a bottle, and I even need to order a backup before it goes away. On my skin, Lambs-Wool is exactly like Fearful Pleasure but without the smoke! This is also a good thing, because there have been times I've worn FP to work and thought it was just too strong and smoky for that environment. So for the times I really want to wear a spicy but creamy apple cider that goes on strong and seems to last a long time, then Lambs-Wool fits the bill perfectly! If the smoke was the only note putting you off from FP, then get Lambs-Wool. Get some! :yum:

Yum!!! This is great!

Apples with spices, mellowed out with the creamy note. I am happy that the milk note is not too milky at all. Also, I am generally a foodie hater, so I would count this as an exception as it's not too foodie at all. This reminds me of Samhain, but a touch creamier, and a bit softer.

As it dries, it fades a little, but it's still lovely and it retains that creamy spicy apple quality.

I like this scent but man does it ping-pong when I'm having skin chemistry issues!

Most of the time, it starts off as a lovely creamy spiced apple scent. I believe one of the previous reviewers said that it smelled like a nice hunk of hot apple pie with a serving of vanilla ice cream on the side and I'm inclined to agree. But then as it dries down, it goes holiday candle. In fact, it vaguely reminds me of the Apple Vanilla candles my mom buys for Christmas. This isn't a bad thing -- I love the way they smell and this scent conjures up all kinds of warm, fuzzy feelings . . . but I don't necessarily want to go around smelling like room fragrance.

During a certain *ahem* other time of the month, however, it stays the same wet, throughout drydown, and dry: warm creamy apple with spices. I want to eat my arm off when it's like this.

Either way, I love this scent; I'll just have to split its use between the oil burner and me, depending on what my chemistry is doing.

I just tried this and LOVE IT. Its the perfect apple cider! Even after the drydown I dont get the candle scent some reviewers experience, I can smell cream, apples and mild spices, the perfect amount. This scent is put together beautifully.

HAPPY DANCE!!

My latest batch of smellies has been a huge disappointment, and Lambs-Wool started off no different. Yummy apple, then some spice, and hello holiday candle. BUT. That fairly generic stage was extremely breif, and for most of the early stages it was an excellent cider scent. I was bummed about the lack of cream.... and then the dry-down came.

Oh. God. Yes. Creamy creamy sweet wonderful cream and apples. Delightful.

And the very last driest-dry reminds me of the end stage of Chaste Moon. YIPPEE. This is by no means a ringer for Chaste Moon, but the cream works the same way on me and it is LOVE.

Edited by Lit Chick