Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Well, we *are* doing a vampire update finally.
Croquembouche with almond silk and a drizzle of caramel.

Bite Me has a different honey note. Almost like a clover honey that is slightly flowery. Powdered sugar is sprinkled on top lightly. There is the a light fluffy pastry way down underneath it all warming it up. Not as overtly foody as I had feared. The almond is not very strong. It is a light toasted almond in the background.
The clover like honey surprised me. Very nice!

In the bottle: Sweet Blackberry Candy

Wet: I'm still getting a dark candy scent, it's not overly sweet.

Dry: Still dark candy scent, slightly fruity. I'm not really sure where the fruit is coming from. It's not a super sweet fruit smell. It reminds me somewhat of Candy Phoenix. >>;

bottle: this is almost all almond to my nose. there is perhaps a teensy bit of cake in there but it's mostly almond.

wet: strong, strong almond. almost like huffing a bottle of almond extract, it's that strong.

dry: i've had this issue with almond scents before where they take on almost the same characteristics as rose does, faintly soapy. but it is very faint, i need to press my nose to my skin to catch it. otherwise, this is strong almond and faint sugar.

Weird! In the bottle it's all caramel-ly goodness.. and on me? some weirdo floral punch in my face! it's the almond! the almond has betrayed me and turned powdery floral... bitch! :rantrave:

however... I'm embracing her anyway because I desperately want to have a scent called 'bite me' and I want to love it so lil miss almond is gonna need to learn to simmer down and behave. I can smell baked goods under almonds hitler like rule .... and I also get a faint fruity vibe from who knows where.... this may have to be used just in my scent locket as it appears my chemistry makes it go horribly, horribly wrong. :cry2:

This does indeed smell like Death by Almond in the bottle.

On, wet: Still the almond, but sweet also.

Dry: I never in a billion years expected this to work on my skin, but it does. It smells like an almond butter cookie with a drizzle of caramel on top. It also lasted a good long time.

I'm very glad I got a bottle right off--the Halloweenies (like the Shunga scents) are all winners so far! :wub2:

Inside the bottle, florals and caramel

Wet on the skin, heavy almond note is the first note on my skin. Floral note emerges as almond tones down.

This dries down to a light floral and almond scent with wafts of caramel.

Ohhhhh, the Almond has a strong presence in this one. It throws up a roadblock to all the other notes. Will have to retry again.

Several weeks later- this ends up being a favorite of the bunch! I never do get that much of any sort of foody, but then my skin tends to burn through all but the most heavy foody scents.

What this ends up being is a very pretty Floral/Almond which I've been enjoying immensely.

Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

This is the one that I thought I would like the most of all the 2009 Weenies, and I actually like it the least of the ones I ordered! :lol:

I don't dislike it, just meh.

In the bottle: Almond and floral.

Wet: Stronger floral, still very almondy though. No cake or caramel yet.

Dries down to a light floral, with some almond cake far in the background. It's almost like I put on one of my foody scents in the morning, and when it went away, layered something with white flowers right over top. Odd.

Maybe my chemistry is doing strange things today, Pomona did something really weird and I had to try it again. Sooooo...... I will go with almondy, cakey floral now & give it a few days and come back & see.

ETA: OK, this settled down nicely. Very nicely. Or maybe my mood/chemistry is different today, but now I love this! I am getting an almondy, honey, carmelized floral. Unusual and awesome. It seems to my nose to be a honeyed rose, with some almond. But I am definitely getting the sweetness of the caramel now.

It's funny how some need so much more settling than others.

Edited by ltrittipoe

In anything else I love almond....except perfume. Always turns floral on my skin, and not a good floral either.

In the bottle:almond cake, much like marzipan.

On me: awful, nasty, cheap floral! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Like those scented dollar store artificial flowers.

I'll let this sit for a few months to see if the almond settles down but I doubt it. It's great if almond works with your skin chemstry.

BITE ME: Halloweenie 2009

In Bottle: Cream and cherries

On Skin: I smell the cherry-like almond note right away. That pure sweet almond extract. There is also a rose like note, very floral. I say rose because it's slightly sour and that's how rose is on me. As the scent develops I smell a light cakey note from the croquembouche, but it's not heavy like I expected it to be. I can't really pick out the caramel, and the caramel note the Lab uses usually really amps on me, so this is a shock. I expected this scent to be pure caramel on me. But it's a nice shock, I really like how it's sweet yet also perfumey. It's a very pretty scent without being overly foody like the description would lead you to believe. The floral feels pink and the sweetness is a brownish red. Overall, an interesting scent. Moderate throw and long wearlength.

In the bottle: Cherry cough syrup that morphs into a really strong almond extract as I sniff.

Wet: Cherry almond, with a teeny split-second hint of cake.

Drying: Cherry ... something. Cherry and something that's just enough not-cherry to make this not a cherry single note, but it's pretty much all cherry. Maybe this'll age into goodness. Maybe.

I was very much looking forward to this, as I adore scents like almond and ammaretto.

Bottle - Slightly almondy

Wet - Not much of anything. A bit of cherrylike almond on immediate application, but then just a slight sweetness.

Dry - I thought I caught a whiff of the sugar-glaze from KrispyKreme donuts for a second, but it was just for a second. If I huff my arm I get a very slight almond note, but overall I'm only getting the lightest suggestion of sugar.

I wanted to like this one, I really, really did. I'm sincerely hoping that a bit of aging brings some scent out of this one. I it on about an hour ago and it never really had much presence. The description was entirely appealing, but I'm just not getting any of those notes, or much of anything from this. I'm guessing my skin must eat almond. I am, sadly, going to store this one away for a while and see if it improves. (I suspect I'm going to have to do the same with Suck It as preliminary tests show it as a super light one, too.)

Wet: Pure cherry almond with a bit of caramel or pastry in the background.

Dry: Now the almond has almost completely gone, thank goodness. What we have left is airy, crunchy profiteroles dusted with confectioner's sugar and drizzled with a cherry glaze. Perhaps there are some actual cherry or raspberry garnishes on the plate. And it's one of the rare sugar blends that does NOT go plasticky on my skin!

Verdict: It doesn't do a whole lot for me; I think I was hoping for more of a caramel pastry scent, and I'm really not fond of any cherry or fruity scents. If you like cherry, you'll probably love it! It's almost a girly-girl scent, like Jailbait.

I was so very excited when my bottle of Bite Me arrived. In the bottle, it smelled like pure almond extract with a slight floral undertone.

Wet- almond and...rose? I am not getting any caramel.

As it dried, the rose scent dominated and wiped out the almond. It smells like a bouquet of roses that have been dried somehow...yup, dried roses.

:cry2: Rose is one of the notes that does not work well at all with my skin chemistry, I can smell a tiny hint of caramel in the background but I do not think this blend is going to work for me. It is not at all like the almond note in Kyoto, which I adore.

I amp the almond on this one. It's very sweet and croquembouche-like, but not cakey. Sadly, Bite Me does nothing for me or my skin. I could sniff almond extract in the bottle.

This is all almond at first, which I expected, and then dried down to dare I say it...rose? Sweet floral?...which I did not expect at all. Interesting, but not for me.

In the imp the almond is the predominant note with a soft smattering of cream in the background.

Wet it smells kind of...not as tasty anymore. It goes all clinical cleaning supplies as it dries. Not very appealing at all. In my scent locket though, it seems to have gotten more mouth watering. A delicious creamy almond pastry. Yum yum yum!

After a couple of hours on my skin, the clinical smell is gone. Now it smells like almond incense, if there is such a thing. A very dry, slightly smokey and sweet smell. In the locket it's faded a bit in the pastry department. It's mostly an almond with a slight hint of cake batter in the background. Still scrumptious smelling though.

After even longer, it smells of marshmallows, and not the sickeningly sweet ones either. It's soft and rather muted. At the same time the locket is starting to turn to the incense-y almond that I got a while ago on my skin.

Over all it's a win!

I'm really happy to see that I am not the only freak for whom this is almost a rose single note.

In the bottle and wet it's MEGGGAAAA AALLMOOOND! So much so that there's probably an echo.

Then...it turns into rose. It's red rose but not too voluptuous... so really, it's very much like rose water. I can't smell anything remotely foody about it.

So I thought, meh, pass on this one....but about 10 minutes later, a light, sweet creaminess finally comes in and warms up the blend. It's a little like Katrina van Tassel but more of a creamy *quality* than the lab's actual cream note. And at this point, it's pretty freakin beautiful.

I was going to pass on the scent entirely until I realize it might have chocolate in it, so I tried it. I was totally shocked by the emergence of rose, but in the end, I love it. Once I got over the shock of it being totally different from what I expected (caramel cake), I realized I like this far better as it is than I would have as I imagined it. So it's a surprise hit for me.

ETA: Now that it's a few months old, when I sniff it in the bottle, it smells primarily of rose. The almonds are much more agreeable now. On the skin it's much the same -- lots of rose, well balanced by a creamy sweetness, rather like Katrina van Tassel, but richer.

Edited by naeelah

Um....the only way I can describe this is Almond..Butter...Brickle? Thats all I got, folks. Love it though! VERY strong initially, but sweets up after about 15 or 20 minutes. Good schtuff.

LOVE this. I definitely get a rosey note from this, along with something sweetly buttercreamy.

It actually reminds me of my favorite Isle of Eden blend from a few Halloween's back, Wedding Day Anguish.

In the bottle this is an almond honey scent with a hint of berries and pastry. On my skin, however, it turns into this horrid sour baby powder with a cherry tinge. I suspect it is the almond that is killing me here. I can't get it off my skin and I keep getting wafts, it's really awful to my nose. Pity, because the bottle scent is lovely.

Yeah... this is almond, caramel and roses. Guess which of those notes I don't like? Guess which note is completely overwhelming all the others? :cry2:

The description of this one was really, really misleading. Those listed notes don't exactly scream "THIS WILL SMELL LIKE VAGUELY FLAVORED ROSE WATER", do they? But it does, and I'm sad. Luckily I only got a decant, but still, I would've ordered one of the many other delicious-sounding 'weenies if I'd known this was full of icky flowers. Oh well. Off to the swaps, perhaps...

Count me among those that think the description for this is really not in sync with how the scent actually smells. Croquembouche is an almond and caramel dessert (which sometimes has chocolate also) and then almond and caramel is listed again in the description. So it's safe to say that what I had expected was caramel and almond with the slight possibility of chocolate.

That is totally not what this scent is. It's very almondy in the vial - in fact, it's actually BOOZEY smelling it's so almondy. It's very strong. Stays that way for a minute or two on the skin. Then it takes a quick turn to the left and becomes.... ROSE.

Why, oh why, does this smell like rose?? It's not like.... "oh hey this makes me think of rose". Or "this almond is coming off kind of rosey". It's just straight up rose, even the almond pretty much disappears (though it makes a slow reappearance in the later stages of the scent). Caramel never even shows up on my skin. I am just confused by this scent because even though it's pretty often when a scent surprises me and isn't quite how I imagined (for better and for worse), it's not very often where the scent is just about exactly opposite of what I thought it would be. I was expecting foody, rich, warm and golden. This is very potent floral.

Bite Me - This opens up with the sharp, overwhelming bite of almond. As soon as it dries down, the almond disappears and what's left is a very subtle, faint scent that smells entirely of caramel. I don't like to eat caramel and I don't like to smell like caramel. I feel like it smells a bit wonky on me, too, but it turns turn rancid as it does in most other caramel blends. Still, this one just isn't for me. I'll bet caramel foody-lovers could really enjoy it!