Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sexy and suckable: black cherry brandy.

decant: smells like cherries.

Wet: It smells like a black cherry candy - like one of those ones that has a gummi outside and a liquid center.

Drydown: Smells like stale or musty candies. This one does not dry down particularly well. I never really get a "boozy" smell, though I suspect that the staleness that I am smelling is the booziness coming out.

Verdict: I'm glad I only got a decant; this one is a swapper. I do not like it - and, unlike some other, the scent WON'T GO AWAY.

Suck It

In Bottle OMG CHERRY DELICIOUSNESS. I want to eat it, it smells like a cherry popsicle to me.

Wet on Skin: Mmmm still get a lot of cherry. No booze though really.

Dry Down: Okay now I definitely get more booze from this.

Dry on Skin: Cherry cherry cherry cherry! Mmmm delicious.

Overall: 5/5 I love it. The description is perfect, and great cherry. If you don't like fruit scents I wouldn't recommend.

Whoa! This smells like.... cherry fruit rollups? Wow! I haven't smelled those in years! This is just a little snippet of my childhood. So yummy!! This doesn't smell at all boozy to me.

This scent doesn't last long at all on my skin. After a bit it fades mostly and I am left with a light, plasticky cherry scent.

Not really for me...

Okay wow, at first this is sticky sweet black cherry cough syrup, it almost reminds me of the codeine stuff I had last winter, how it wasn't horrible like other cough syrups. On my skin, all the oversweet is gone, and it really reminds me of a cherry sucker now. Oh god, I really want a cherry sucker. Not sure that I really like the drydown though.

Alas.

Cherry cough syrup. I think the alcoholic brandy aspect of this scent is really putting it into NyQuil territory for me, and my skin does it no favors.

Sigh.

In the imp it smelled like yummy black cherry.

On my skin it did too... for about 5 minutes. Then it smelled like pretty much nothing. Someone in chat said they had it dry down to celery on them, and upon further consideration there was a faint celery-ish scent when I held my nose right up against my wrist. So glad I only sprung for a decant of this one because even though I wanted it to work, it just doesn't.

Maybe in a scent locket...

Both the boyfriend and I were looking forward to this scent. Sexay black cherry brandy! Sounds like yum! Unfortunately, it wasn't fantastic on me.

IN THE IMP: sharp fake cherry candy. uh-oh...

ON SKIN: at a distance, smells like a face-off between black cherries and maraschino cherries! up close, smells like fake cherry candy -- so if it stays like this, I just won't huff my wrists. I'm starting to get a little more of the booziness out of this, but not as much as I'd like.

20 MINUTES: it's gotten cherry-er and boozy-er, but it still has a bit of the sharpness of the fake-cherry scent I got out of the imp. I'd still like more brandy. It's not as dark a scent as I had anticipated -- probably because of the mysteriously-absent brandy. The cherry has softened a lot as well.

1 HOUR: smells more boozy than initially, but not nearly enough for me. it does smell more like maraschino cherries than black cherries on me, but fruit notes are always hit-or-miss so YMMV. From a distance, it's a pleasant scent, but up close it can be rather sharp. Not bad, but I think I'm swapping this.

In the bottle, this is Y HELO THAR CHERRY COUGH SYRUP. On my skin, the cough syrup note goes away, and it smells like cherry fruit snacks. I'm not getting any booze, just the cherry fruit snackish scent, which is kinda... eh.

Yeah, this seems to be oscillating between cherry fruit snacks and cherry cough syrup for me. I'm going to leave it on through dinner, see if it gets any better, but I'm thinking this is going to be going to the swaps.

This is going to the swaps, sadly. Over dinner it went cherry cough drops; no matter what, it smells on me more like artificial cherry flavoring than it does cherry. Will probably be far more loved by someone else.

Edited by Venneh

Yep I got the cough syrup out of this one too. I was sad. I like cherry scents. Hideous Heart and I are in love, and The Red Queen is amazing! But this was just too boozy for me I think.

I did layer this with Bite Me and it was great. Almond seems to have sucked up some of the booze and they are working in harmony. Haha, a true Vampire does not just bite, nor do they only suck. It's the combination that has you all in a haze. ;) Halloween FTW!

Well, that's definitely cherry...it smells like a whole jar of maraschinos, or like chocolate covered cherry filling. In the imp, anyway. On me, it takes on, like...a weird floral scent. Like powdery white flowers? I dunno where that comes from. It makes it sort of smell like...cherry toothpaste. Yikes.

Not only does this deliver exactly what it says on the tin - rich, boozy black cherry brandy exactly - it also wears like crazy. I had to wash with strong, citrusy soap 3 times for the scent to even die down. (Not disappear, I can still smell it. DIE DOWN.) It's a pleasant scent, but make sure you want to be smelling it for a while!

I’ve never smelled black cherry brandy, but I recognize the brandy note from Grand Guignol. At first, the black cherry note is very strong and reminds me of cherry Kool-Aid, but it mellows out after a few minutes. There’s also something vaguely waxy about Suck It...like wax fangs. Not sure what that's all about.

Ten minutes on, it’s subtly fruity and not noticeably boozy -- a fun, cheerful cherry scent.

Candy wine. It's like a grown-up version of Jailbait. Wow, yes I would definitely suck on this! Fading down I get a hint of anise.

No nyquil here, just sweet cherry syrup, the kind that you put on snow cones. It's a little too loudly CHERRY to wear on its own, but I think this is going to be a great *layering* scent, with the other fruity blends or, even better, chocolate. mmm. Must test this with Boomslang and Velvet and Shub Nig and ....

No nyquil here, just sweet cherry syrup, the kind that you put on snow cones. It's a little too loudly CHERRY to wear on its own, but I think this is going to be a great *layering* scent, with the other fruity blends or, even better, chocolate. mmm. Must test this with Boomslang and Velvet and Shub Nig and ....

And suddenly, I am overcome by a strong urge to layer this with my brand new bottle of Shub.

Anyway, on to the actual review.

Suck It came to me exactly as promised. Sexy, yummy, delectable. Loooots and lots of cherry in the bottle and wet. I get a really genuine, fresh, black cherry, the kind that my brother and I used to eat as kids -- we would have contests to see who could spit the pits the furthest. It's safe to say that this scent brings back fond memories.

On me, the booziness comes out when it dries, and it's faint, but there. I love it, love it, love it.

In bottle: oozy cherry cordial filling

On skin: cherries!

Half-hour later: fades significantly and becomes more like red Twizzlers, plasticky licorice

In conclusion: more of a candy blend instead of a boozy blend. This doesn't have enough staying power to wear on its own, but would be great to add a cherry-bomb "oomph" to another blend.

So it starts off as a black cherry brandy, but the cherry goes overly sweet and cough syrupy. And then my skin eats it in like thirty minutes.

Meh.

This really is sexy and suckable, so much so that I had to keep from sucking the spot on my wrist that I put it on :eek: It's a gorgeous, deep, juicy black cherry, not overly boozy at all. It's sweet with the right amount of tartness to keep it from getting cloying. Reminds me of Celestial Seasonings' Black Cherry Berry tea. Love! :wub2:

Edited by Invidiana

In the bottle: Definitely cherry, backed up with a hint of booziness that's making me think of cough syrup.

Wet: Boozy cherry. Nice, but something's catching me at the back of the throat and I can't get the cough syrup association out of my mind.

Dry: Sugary cherries. Not cough syrup anymore, but instead its making me think of throat lozenges. The 'brandy' aspect is translating in my mind as something kind of minty or eucalyptus-y. The scent overall is quite faint when dry, I think.

I love the name and concept of this scent, and I don't think it smells bad on me, per se. I just can't stop thinking of cough syrup and related products. I'm glad I didn't go for a bottle right away. I'm happy to have my decant and it'll be cool to see how it ages, but I think I'll stick with Bloody Mary for when I want to smell like cherries.

Oh man, this is extremely potent medicinal cherry, as you would find in cough drops or perhaps that cherry stuff the dentist puts on your teeth as part of the cleaning. This is definitely not for me.

In the bottle and on my skin, it's strongly black cherry. There's a hint of booze as it starts to dry. This is gorgeous and I only wish I had more than one bottle.

In the bottle: Cherry Nyquil

Wet: Strong cherry liqour

Dry: Surprisingly, after an hour or so this reminds me of the Yankee Candle Macintosh Apple scent... Weird, I know. It's not a bad scent-- it's light and clean and crisp-- it's just odd as a perfume.

Pretty much just black cherry candy, here. And that's while it lasts, which isn't terribly long...then it just dissipates to nothing.

I was desperately looking forward to this one. I am a cherry fiend. I really thought out of all the weenie's (and I could only afford one at the time) this one would be for me. But alas I took a gamble and lost.

Bottle: Boozy alright.

Wet: Sweetarts, very tarty cherry.

Dry: Same as wet, but doesn't last long.

This certainly wasn't bad but it was not what I was hoping for. And maybe I was dreaming but I was hoping for something a little more dark and sweet, a heavy cherry. This was not what was here. It also had very little staying power. I could barely sniff it out two hours later. This will probably turn into a swap.