Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Wench457

Basil Hallward's Studio

Can it be? Am I really the first? Oh, the pressure! :ack: I suck at picking out notes without any hints, but I shall endeavor to do my best.

A quick Googling shows that Basil Hallward was the artist who painted the picture of Dorian Gray. Cool!

Sprayed into the air, this seems at first to be a slightly soapy floral. Very light and wispy to my nose, with soft white flowers. Sprayed onto my pillow, I still get soft florals, but also something else underneath. Sort of smells like baby oil? Yeah, whatever scent baby oil is, that's definitely in there. Also something lightly woodsy, but definitely not cedar or pine. Hardwood-like. A fougere perhaps?

Yeah, okay, it sucks, but that's the best I can do. I do really like this one, and hope it gets released so I can stock up. (And also see what's actually in there! :lol: )

Edited by Wench457

this is a very fresh floral scent. it's rose but not soapy, there is also something creamy-sweet alongside it. lovely.

I received a sample of Basil Hallward's Studio room spray in a recent BPTP order and did a happy dance around my house. I just adore the atmosphere sprays.

I spritzed a little bit of this on a throw pillow in my computer room and was surprised at just how strong it is. One little spritz on a pillow filled the whole room up with fragrance (it is a smaller room, but still). And this smells so pretty. It doesn't smell soapy or white floral to me at all. It smells like sweet, pink roses and candy dust to me. Pretty, candied roses <3.

My husband says that this smells like sweet, pretty flowers. Then again, he tells me that almost all of my fragrances smell like flowers, even fragrances like Boo. He did say that he really likes this one, though.

Edited by Little Bird

Got this as a lovely little freebie in an order, and i concur with the others that it's a floral, and quite strong. A couple of squirts and my apartment is filled to the max with the scent. I have a feeling it will last quite a while too. I'm not great at picking out notes, but the main thing i think when i smell this is lilacs, rather than rose. But like i said, not awesome at notes without some direction and definitely not awesome in the floral area, so maybe i'm way off.

I got this goblin squirt as a frimp from an eBay purchase. The cap has a little keyring on it so I can take it places!

First impression is roses, candy-sweet like the Bulgarian rose note. There's also a substantial violet presence. This smells entirely and overwhelmingly Victorian to me,making me think of tussy-mussies of roses surrounded by lace. Then the powdery note kicks in. Okay, now it smells of my grandmother's musky bath powder.

This is delightful, but heavily floral and powdery to my nose.

Definitely roses in this one. Very Victorian as someone else pointed out. I also think I smell a bit of Violet in there as well.

Agree with roses. This has a distinctive Victorian feel to it. The roses are combined with perhaps a hint of violet and fougere? It smells like a lady's toilette.

Heavy, perfumed, roses.

Happy Dance! :joy: i got this as a frimp in a recent BPTP order and I, too, hope for a formal release of this lovely room spray!

I agree that this is predominantly rose. for me, it's more like a rose water than a rose oil. It's light and very fresh, but I wouldn't compare it to an actual garden or anything. This is something that would be found in a Lady's boudoir, for sure! I'm also picking up on the violet, but again, there's a freshness, a light quality to the florals all around that is just heart-breakingly beautiful. :thud:

In all, perfect for the upcoming spring days- release big bottles, pleeeeze! :D

Very floral. My ability to pick out florals isn't that great, but I don't really smell rose in this. It smells more like lily to me. One of those more heady white flowers rather than rose. It doesn't smell exactly like that -- like maybe there's something else with it -- but like I said, not that great at picking out flower notes.

I like it okay, but my husband is really not thrilled at all about floral scents, and I don't think he wants our house smelling like this.

Oh wow this is really beautiful. It is a floral but not a heady floral. I don't get a lot of rose out of it, maybe white rose, but more of a fresh light honeysuckle. Need a huge bottle of this!

No description given. Atmosphere spray prototype.

I sprayed it, and missed the 'air' and hit the wall. But the wall smells very interesting, it has a sharp note, and a bit of flower perfumy-ness to it. It's also kinda astrigent. It's a hard scent to describe, but it wasn't unwelcome.

I'm not very good at picking out florals. All I really get is rose. I agree that this is a very Victorian blend - it smells haughty and sophisticated. I'm not a huge rose fan, but I may keep this squirt around for when I want to feel pretentious.

Gently floral with a little aftershave, possibly a fougere, and something woody. It’s a really familiar flower from my mother’s garden, but which is slipping my mind. It’s very sweet and white and purple, richly sensual and far from common place. (Lily and crocus and rose together maybe? Something like that. I’m bad at remembering which flower ids which scent wise).

hmm, i smell primarily tea roses with maybe some lily, soft musk and a hint of greenery? but mostly it's lush tea rose to my nose. it's very pretty and floral, reminds me of a tea house with chintz prints everywhere.

A light, idealistic floral scent that smells clean with a hint of green. I get why some called it soapy, but it just smells clean and sweet to me. I love this!