Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin, chocolate, coffee bean, vanilla bean, and hazelnut

On me, Pumpkin V is heavy on the pumpkin (I'm starting to think I amp pumpkin), then hazelnut, then coffee bean, and a hint of chocolate. This is good and I get the feeling it'll age into something gorgeous.

Yum! To me this smells a little like a cross between Eggnog Latte and El Dia de Reyes: spicy chocolate coffee, with added nuts! It's a little less creamy/eggy than Eggnog Latte and not boozy at all, but the overall impression is definitely related. I'm getting the same strong blast of cinnamon other reviewers have reported; I don't, however, pick up much by way of the pumpkin except for a slightly buttery aspect -- which is just fine by me. :)

*Huge* throw on this; I actually applied a fair amount less oil than I usually do, and am still making my whole office smell like pumpkin spice latte!

Argh. I read the description for this and was hoping for a lovely pumpkin/coffee combination. I thought that sounded fantastic. What did I get? Practically a spice single note. There's maybe a little bit of coffee in there, perhaps a tiny bit of chocolate. My nose has to be right next to my wrist to smell it, though. When my wrist is the normal distance from my nose, all I smell is spice. That's it. It's not a bad spicy scent, it's fine. Just really not what I wanted out of this at all.

I'm pretty disappointed. :(

Pumpkin V

In the Vial: Super pumpkin.

Wet: Tons of pumpkin, nauseating buttery pumpkin and even worse hazelnut. Briefest split second of delicious coffee. Quickly shifts into something super spicy on my skin.

Drydown: Basically all cinnamon.

Verdict:  This would be the curse of my skin chemistry. Beth's coffee notes never seem to work well on me-- not in Misk. U, Bah!, or Pumpkin V it would seem. :( Passing it on to a better home. I do have to give it credit though, this badboy stays on my skin for quite a long time, an impressive feat for my strange skin chemistry.

As soon as I read that this contain 3 of my favorite foods in it, I ordered it that second!

In the bottle this scent got a 5 on my grading scale. (5= Chomp!!) And so as anytime I order scents, I tested it. Pumpkin was the first thing I could smell, with the chocolate/coffee fighting over who was second. After several minutes I could smell it all and it made me go eat some waffles! Later that night I was out at a club. Several of my friends were standing around and commented on how they were getting hungry. Another said that they wanted waffles. Then one of the girls hugged me hello and squealed. She said that I smelled like maple syrup and that was why she had gotten so hungry!

So needless to say this scent on me gets a Chomp!! on my grading scale!! :wub2:

My very first review.....yay! I'll try to do it right.

I carve a lot of pumpkins for Halloween and when I first smelled this, I immediately thought of this jack o lantern that I carved last year:

P1050481.jpg

In the bottle: Pumpkin. And lots of it.

Wet: Cinnamon and quite a bit of craft store potpourri smell.

Dry down: Cinnamon, a bit of hazelnut, a bit of coffee and maybe just a touch of apple?

Verdict: I love it, which is a good thing because this stuff has a lot of throw and it's still pretty strong.

Edited by RhinestoneHousewife

WOW, this scent changed a lot on me!

In the bottle: Kinda funky, mostly pumpkin with a weird note I can't place.

Wet: Pumpkins galore! But this quickly went away (in about 5 minutes).

Dry: Clove, with a bit of coffee and cinnamon - a really nice blend! Interested to see how this one ages, will definitely wear it a lot in Autumn! This is a really warm, delicious scent, like comfort food for the nose.

:)

Melanie

My boss just told me I smell like a maple donut!

I amp cinnamon. I do like it. It's very strong. Wow.

Mostly I get coffee and chocolate from this blend, or a least at first. Upon letting it settle, I find that the coffee amps a LOT and then is replaced with a warming pumpkin spice. It smells like pumpkin pie with ice cream and a latte on the side. Absolutely gorgeous!!

very sweet and sort of grainy. reminds me of a graham cracker. the pumpkin in this one is more buttery than normal. i think i like the nutty one with walnut better than this one, but this one is nice.

So, when I first got this last year it didn't really work on me. But, in honor of the Halloween update, I broke it out this morning, and oh my goodness. It is now warm, pumpkin pie goodness -- with a cup of coffee on the side. Delicious, but not too sweet. Glad I held on to this one!

Wow. This is strong and very yummy.

Wet: pumpkin and strong black coffee with a few spices. Vanilla and hazelnut are strong here too. It's like I'm swimming in a pumpkin espresso drink with tons of extra flavor shots. Totally woke me up!

Drydown: pumpkin and heavy spiciness. which is strange because there aren't any dry spices in this. I think the coffee note is souring the chocolate, vanilla and hazelnut. Still, very relaxing. Reminds me of a caffeinated Gluttony.

Edited by SophieCedar

This was not a good one on me - let's just say that! On my skin it ws a fake plasticky pumpkin pie smell. I tried several times to wash it off and hubbie had to open all the windows in the house.

I really regretted not getting a decant of this last year. Let's cement the regret!

Imp: Coffee, pumpkin and yum.

Wet: Hazelnut, pumpkin, and coffee. Oh this smells so nice...

Drydown: Warm, foody, and gorgeous. There's a spicy sparkle to it, but the effect is still really smooth and rich. I love it.

Overall: This is the kind of scent that makes a rainy, crappy day better. It's mellow from the chocolate and coffee smells, but there's some nice spiciness to it. I would definitely say yes to a bottle of this.

In the bottle - A light, biscuity pumpkin

Wet on me - A more buttery/sharp pumpkin comes out

Dry on me - A soft buttery pumpkin

Overall - A bit one dimensional

I get a fruity note from Pumpkin V--maybe that's how the pumpkin presents? So it's a weird fruitiness, coffee, and something that smells kind of like the inside of a pencil sharpener (not quite cedar, but like the wood and lead shavings combined). Very strange.

Hm, this was nice until drydown when it became hazelnut scented oil with a only a hint of the other scents. I don't often care for hazelnut scents, and I think that's what is stopping me from loving this scent. Ah well, I'll have to dab on my Pumpkin Latte instead. :)

I brought this out in honour of the recent Weenie update, and am absolutely loving it. It's a beautiful creamy pumpkin pie with a steaming mug of mocha. It hits most of the palate -sweet, bitter, creamy, spicey. Love it. This is going to be a staple this autumn :)

In imp: pumpkin coffee bread. Mmmmmm!

On me: Immediately blooms into cinnamon goodness (the gentle cinnamon of baked goods, rather than the hot cinnamon of candy), with that lovely pumpkin bread in the background. I reapplied last night to go out, and when I woke up this morning my wrist smelled like coffee-flavored syrup. Handy and amusing!

Notably, I got a very strange fruity odor when I tested this once before, so I’m glad I tried again—-just a passing skin chemistry thing, I hope. Now it’s foodie and wonderful.

Now 3 years old, the 2009 blend is pure spices on me. Cinnamon is dominant, but other pumpkin pie spices are also present. There is a hint of vanilla, but not much in the way of actual pumpkin. (I put it in my cat's food every day, so I'm very familiar with that particular scent.) I like it a lot, but it kind of reminds me of a candle store. 3/5 for now, but I have a feeling that my S/O is going to love it, so I'm wearing it to pick him up at the airport on Friday. We'll see what I think of it after that. ;)

Oh my...oh me, oh my!!!

I just got this today...purchased from a lovely forumite...and I am in foodie lovers HEAVEN!!!

Wet: In the bottle, sniffing...I get the pumpkin, coffee, and vanilla!

On Skin: I smell everything!! It is a gorgeous and yummy pumpkin, spicy, chocolate dream. Just want to start decorating for Halloween and cozy up to a fireplace...even though it is only June!!

Drydown: Stays the same....I get the hint of hazelnut, but mostly spicy pumpkin goodness. This is one of those bottles that you have high hopes for, and when you get it, put it on, it BLOWS those expectations out of the water, because it is THAT much better!!! :heart:

I should know to check the notes before buying.

Couldn't figure out why this one disagreed with me so much and later realized it had coffee bean in it.

My mistake. : )

Edited by icecreamcone

This is pumpkin and coffee when first applied, but it quickly gives way to spiced pumpkin central. The spice pumpkin never stops. It has declared dominion over all. It's the same pumpkin note from the original GC in the pumpkin patch scents.

I'm glad I got a chance to try this one, but alas, my skin chemistry really ran away with that spiced pumpkin. I was so hoping to be able to experience the other notes!

In the bottle, I don't get pumpkin so much as the chocolate, vanilla, and hazelnut, with a hint of coffee. Nutella and coffee, and I am here for it. When I put it on, the pumpkin amps up loudly for a bit, and the combination of notes is almost overwhelmingly sweet. It does eventually settle to something closer to the in-bottle scent -- buttery pumpkin swirled into a hazelnut latte, as opposed to a PSL. It needs to settle on my skin before I really enjoy it, but I do like the post-drydown result.