Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Eerie billows of spun sugar, fluttering white cotton, and sheets of cream.

2012 version.

In the decant: I have not tried the previous versions of Boo. I only have the hair gloss, and I once had the bath oil (but I used it up long ago). I get waaaay more white cotton from this decant than I do from my hair gloss, but I can still smell the spun sugar and cream. I am also getting a lot of lemon, and I wonder if that is from the sugar or the linen?

Wet: Creamy, sugary, clean linen. The lemon-y aspect that I got in the decant is also present on my skin. Although it is sweet and creamy, it is definitely stronger on the white cotton note than my hair gloss is, so it has more of a clean, breezy quality to it.

Dry: This makes me think of clean, vanilla-scented linen drying outside on a summer breeze. It’s like musky vanilla cream and clean linen. However, the boy think it smells like sunscreen on me. Sad!

Verdict: I’m going to hold on to my decant and retest it on a day I’m actually wearing the hair gloss. I like it, but not nearly as much as the hair gloss (which I love).

Edited by dementia_divine

2012 version!

Wet: Vanilla cream.. with extra sugar!

Dry: I know cake isn't a listed note... but this is buttery vanilla cake, with vanilla cream on top, sitting on top of clean linens. The cotton/linen smell is fairly light; the buttery cake scent is definitely more prominent.

Delicious.

I tried the 2010 version. Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed. While it does not smell bad, per se, I just didn't like it. To me, it smells like breakfast on my skin... It reminds me too much of this Haus of Gloi scent I tried before called Vanilla Tranquilty (it has a porridge note with vanilla, etc). I just could not get past that smell. Nothing eerie or spooky here. I think maybe the cream took over and that's why it smelled that way?

I have tried both the 2011 and 2012 versions.

2011 is very buttery sugar. That's it. I did not care for it and it almost made me feel kind of sick. I was so sad, because I found a full bottle and bought it based on a frimp of Boo from 2012. 

2012 is much more appealing, and it's definitely in my top 5 favorite BPAL scents. It's so delicious, less foody but still smells like lemony custard sugar and something clean that cuts through the sweetness a bit and in my opinion keeps it from full blown foodie territory for me. It's more vanilla cream and linen with a bit of musk. 

This review is for the 2009 version!

Amazing, a beautiful buttery blend of sugary marshmallows and cream. I personally don't get a cotton note, but I'm fine with that. This almost resembles popcorn to me. As this dries, I'm getting a tea like note, which was unexpected but I enjoy it.

Compared with the 2014 hair gloss, I think these are pretty similar but the hair gloss is stronger. Hopefully I will be able to upgrade this beauty, even if it's not the 2009 version I reviewed. Aoede, Melete, Mneme from the 2020 Liliths is the closest thing I can think of that resembles this.

I have a 2009 imp and a 2012 bottle! 

2009- this one is so similar to Aoede, Melete, Mneme! Heavy cream. Basically just smells like sweet, sugared cream and marshmallows. After a while it begins to get a bit musty dusty, which my aoede does not. No cotton at all. 

2012- less heavy on the cream than 2009 but cream is definitely present. This one has a (somehow) delicious, wispy cotton that I think really improves this scent and stops it from getting musty. Marshmallows and sugar appear more and more during drydown.

I think the first minute of 2009 is incredible but falls pretty fast while 2012 is all around a great scent. Both have a relativity low throw!