Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Eerie billows of spun sugar, fluttering white cotton, and sheets of cream.

Oh my......a new love! Great throw and staying power....and to me it smells like a fluffy slightly sweet vanilla blankie freshly laundered and hanging on the line! Hoardable for sure!

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this one yet. I thought I had. Nevermind!

I have Boo 2009 and 2010 and I have to say that the '09 version wins out by a long chalk for me, but then I guess I can put that down to the aging process. They both smell deliciously creamy, so much so that its an almost sensual experience to take a sniff from the bottle. It doesn't smell like that horrid plastic-cream scent that you often get when a blend attempts to be 'creamy' - this is the real deal. It smells like freshly opened double cream, ready to be whipped up and poured over some autumnal fruits or pumpmin pie. Mmmm!

I hope this comes back every year as everyone should get a chance to try this and to age it too, for it really makes all the difference to me. What a gorgeous, gorgeous blend.

Boo 2010

In the bottle it's a rich, buttery, creamy vanilla with linen/cotton. On my skin it does take on a bit of a smoky quality that might just be the strong cotton note, but that fades with time. Unfortunately, Boo doesn't work well with my skin chemistry. The linen note really amps and the cream goes a bit sour. I am disappointed since I really liked my sniffie of Boo '09. :(

This is a very light food scent to me. The sweetness is there but not too overpowering. It smells like marshmallow fluff as someone else said, that is the perfect discription! It is sweeter than a marshmallow straight out of the bag, but not cloying. It is one of those scents that just makes you happy to wear it ( I feel the same about Cake Smash!) and has a decent throw. Def. worth the investment of a bottle in my opinion if you like a sweet, soft, happy scent!

In the bottle: All buttery vanilla, akin to Love's Philosophy or Lovers with Rutting Cats

Wet on the skin: There's buttery vanilla (although the butteriness burns off quickly on me), but there is an hour or so of distinct goatishness, which I assume is the cream doing evil, evil things.

Drydown: Once the goats mosey on off it's a light, pretty vanilla.

The milk in White Rabbit goes awful on me, but the cream in Love's Philosophy is fantastic, so I was hoping Boo would be too. I've never tried fresh Love's Philosophy, so I might stash Boo away for aging before swapping it off, on the off chance that the goatishness will age away.

Damned goats!

In the bottle, I get a warm, creamy, buttery vanilla. Freshly applied to the skin, I was frankly a little scared and disappointed. Smoky burnt something, but I don't know what. The butter is still present in the wet stage but overall I am getting this weird smokiness. Giving it some time to dry, the vanilla starts to come out a bit more and morphs into a creamier french vanilla. I don't detect any linen, though. You need to be patient with this one.

I thought it would be nicer in my hair but alas, it turns smoky. Fortunately, the end result on my skin is warm and pleasant. I will use my bottle, but wouldn't purchase again if it were to return.

Boo 2010

Just like Boo '09 - Vanilla sheets. Although this year's is a little more buttery. I kinda like '09 better.

In the imp: creamy vanilla sugar

Wet: sweet, creamy, sugary

Drydown: peeks of clean cotton coming through

Dry: Pure sugar. Not even a little plasticky- just creamy, sweet, and surprisingly delicious.

I wasn't sure about Boo. I skipped it on the last go-round because it didn't sound like it would work out. Then I heard everyone raving about it and figured I'd snag a decant this time. I'm glad I did. I can't stop huffing my wrist :D.

At first, this is sweet, creamy cotton. I'm very excited, as the previous Boo is more of a foody cream with a faint cotton background. As it dries, the cotton takes a background, unfortuneately, and it's pretty much like last years Boo. An uber foody, sweet creamy vanilla, with no cotton now that I can smell. If it had stayed the way it was wet, a definite bottle upgrade would be in order. As it is, I will keep the decant for my rare foody moments in bpal.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! :yum: omigod...

dude...

i want to be constantly basted in this stuff!!

before i ever smelled this, i pictured it smelling like those vanilla-flavored tootsie rolls. the ones that come in the blue wrapper. it totally DOES. it smells like that, and fresh laundry. and maybe some whipped cream. with extra sugar.

true, it does also kind of smell like buttered popcorn jelly beans and plastic, but i LOVE that about it! :D

mmmmmm...

Edited by ModderRhu

Smells like caramel popcorn on me, so not my cuppa. Babybear loves it though, so I might have to get a bottle so he can smell like "a candy ghost" whenever he wants. Definitely a good scent for a small child. Very evocative of old-school trick-or-treating, with a pillowcase full of bubblegum, rockets, Tootsie rolls, and sticky popcorn balls.

I got a decant of Boo last year and it didn't float my boat because it was "too" - too foody, too sweet, too vanilla-y. I held onto the decant, though, and it turned into one of my absolute faves this Halloween season, so I ordered a bottle! Go figure. Boo '09 and Boo '10 smell nearly identical to me. They're still very foody and very sweet. I know that coconut isn't one of the notes listed, so that must be how the vanilla is registering to my nose. Great stuff!

Boo 2010

Bottle smells like sweet cream, and icing.

Wet:it smells really similar to how Gollettes smelled on me, but without the berry.

Dry: vanilla linen

Boo reminds me of when I met my boyfriend. I was initially taken with the idea of him, and had a total crush. But then a misunderstanding caused me to find him incredibly irritating, until he finally won me over and we fell in love and, as they say, the rest is history. I really wanted to love this blend - I went so far as to buy a bottle unsniffed. But when I first smelled this in the vial, my nose wrinkled and I said, "Blegh!" Front and center, there was that weird burnt plastic note that ruined so many otherwise winning fragrances for me, most notably my otherwise beloved Monsterbait: Underpants. Underneath the plastickyness, I could detect a delectable vanilla creme, but it was getting a smack down from plastic.

Then I put Boo on and said, "Hhmmmmmm.....maybe...maybe...NO!" The weird plastic note was still predominant and now accompanied by a freakishly realistic tangy sour cream note. Something was reminiscent of Milk Moon, and as a vegan I was super nonplussed with the realistic quality of that blend. Cream blends to me, however, usually evoke more soy based, vegan-friendly associations (lol) for some reason, but to me Milk Moon smelled like straight up cow's milk right from the udder.

But as I kept wearing Boo, this funny thing happened....Even though at first this smelled totally bizarre and kind of bad, really, I could not stop smelling myself. I was driving my car down the street with my wrist plastered to the side of my head. I was walking down the street aggressively huffing myself like a total freak show, and after a while I realized that Boo finally smelled really freaking good, even though, in all honesty, in the background it still smelled a little funky to me. I was totally mesmerized by it, nevertheless, and compelled to continue smelling it constantly. Even over several other new scrumptious blends I was testing on the same arm, I found myself coming back most often to visit my strange little new friend, Boo.

The vanilla cream in this blend is absolutely to die for when this blend finally settles down for me. The sourness of the cream note, and the initial odd bitterness of the cotton note (could it be the lab's cotton note to blame for my disappointment and frustration with MB: Underpants?) calm down and add complexity to the background of the blend...much in the same way that the saffron in Love's Philosophy lends depth to an otherwise pretty but bland vanilla blend.

Anyway, I'm glad I finally decided that I like little Boo, especially since I ordered a bottle unsniffed based on my past love for the lab's cream note. I should add that my boyfriend thinks this smells heavenly on me from start to finish and doesn't get my reservations about its early stages at all...so maybe this is all down to my wonky nose. To my busted olfactory senses, this blend takes about five minutes to get to where I like it, and about ten to twenty to get to where I love it. The good thing about that is Boo lasts for-ever! I put some on yesterday afternoon, and it still had mad throw on me this morning!

At the end of the day, when Boo gets to its happy place, its a creamy vanilla frosting and fresh soft cotton scent that's incredibly wearable and appealing. I'll be hanging on to my bottle of Boo and huffing myself like a crazy person for the forseeable future. I can actually see myself reaching for this blend quite often!

:heart: :ghost: :heart:

Boo 2010

This baby has throw! I've been wearing it since 7am and people are still commenting on it and saying how they like BOO. I'm really enjoying this one-- it's a clean foody scent, something quite unique.

Wet: main notes are: linen/cotton, vanilla and buttercream.

On skin: same notes, very intense vanilla throw.

dry down: The same lovely cotton, vanilla and buttercream,slightly mellowed. The cotton seems to emerge more and more over time.

It's beautiful, clean and sweet. :D

I just got this imp thanks to the generosity of my SW, MotherKat.

Wet and on, it blooms very heavily sweet for a few minutes, really amping a lovely sweetened cream scent.

Initial drydown: That first intense bloom dies off a bit, and I'm left with a sweet cream on top of a linen note similar to that of Antique Lace, without the vanilla. I can see where people are getting marshmallow out of this scent.

I kind of agree with a poster above about this one being kind of weird but not being able to stop sniffing it. I did like it from the start, but it definitely smells like laundry, which I find to be somewhat strange. The creamy vanilla scent does come along, but I wish it were sweeter on me! It is such an odd blend, and I can't quite put my finger on what I like about it, but something about it just works and its ADDICTING! It is also super fun to think about the concept that inspired this one (bedsheet ghost!!). So cute!

This is the 2010 iteration.

In the decant: Melty, gooey marshmallows!

Wet: The cream is top note. Sweet, delicious cream.

Drydown: Still cream predominantly sweet cream, with the barest hint of cotton.

Later: The sweetness fates, leaving the scent of creamy clean sheets behind. This is really a lovely perfume.

Edited by pandorasmuse

Boo 2009 -

Sadly, this smelled exactly like heavy cream on me. No sugar, which I had hoped for. No cotton. Just cream, which isn't a bad smell but not one I wanted.

Sugar, Cream and a bit of linen - lots of throw (which actually surprised me) and lasts about 3 hours on my skin. I like having the option of smelling like sugar-cream if I want to! :) Good stuff.

ETA: BOO 2010

Edited by Shollin
Removed Lab description

This is probably in my top 3 of all time fave bpal. scents. My go to, comfort..wrap myself in the coziest, fluffiest blanket ever. This is creamy sugared vanilla with hints of cotton..with whifs of maple syrup. It blends in to the skin to make people around you wonder "what is that amazing smell"..cozy, unique, gourmand, sweet..this is the smell you just keep nuzzling your own arm to smell. :wub2: :thud:

In the bottle, this smells absolutely amazing. It is a buttery vanilla smell with a int of clean cotton. It's so warm and cozy feeling. Unfortunately, my skin turns this to instant plastic, and I had to wash it off. What a disappointment :cry2:

Edited by vowsatsea

Boo is so amazing!! I love smelling like a big fluffy marshmallow. I can pick out the cotton and spun sugar notes and a little coconut, but mostly I smell marshmallow. A little goes a long way and the dry scent is so beautiful and comforting. :wub2:

Boo 2009

If Halloween were in June, this is what it would smell like.

Very sweet butter in the bottle, like that stage of homemade cookies that's just butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. (mmm...cookies) The rich butter is nowhere to be seen (smelled?) on my skin, tho, which just leaves the sugar and vanilla. That's okay (freakin' fantastic, actually) because without the butter smell, this turns very soft and light. The cotton softens the sugar, too, after a while. What's left is the very best of clean sheets and vanilla fabric softener. It's not soapy or perfumy, just clean and very inviting. It's a happy scent that begs to be worn on a summer outing at a park or a backyard gathering.

Mae