Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Eerie billows of spun sugar, fluttering white cotton, and sheets of cream.

Mmmmmmm....Boo. The more it dries down the more I like it! At first it was almost TOO sweet, very potent. Upon first application it made my head hurt. :ack: But then after about ten minutes, it was LOVE. This scent is very complex to me because I catch some many different things. Marshmellow, a caramelized sugar scent and every once and awhile I catch something boozy poking through. This all and all reminds me of a softer sugar skull with a vanilla undertone. Lovely scent and overall a keeper! :wub2:

YUM :wub2: After losing Marshmallow Poof on Ebay by a hair, I had to snag a botte of this both to tide me over until I found Marshmallow Poof and before it, too, ended up with skyrocketing bids on that evil institution called Ebay. And then I sniffed Boo and totally fell in love. It isn't linen on me at all, but this lovely spun sugar with caramelized overtones that I desperately wanted to lick. The linen notes must be there somewhere keeping it from going into cloying territory, but it's just the loveliest slightly caramelized vanilla spun sugar scent on me...I want an edible version of this!!!

Boo starts on me as all cream. Later the cotton appears to temper the cream. The sugar is kind of crusted on top like a creme brulee. I like it. It's a sweet fun scent.

Oh dear god, no.

It's that sickening, punch-to-the-nose-and-guts kind of vanilla. The cloying, mega-allergy-inducing, marshmallow-y kind, most recently featured in Plastic Pink Flamingo. Ugh. :ugh:

I suspected that might be the case after reading the reviews, and so I didn't spring for a bottle while it was available. But still, the idea of sugar and cotton and cream (all of which are notes I can usually wear) was so alluring that I acquired some through a swap. I don't know if I'm sad or grateful that my suspicions proved correct, but I do know this is definitely not for me. It smells a lot like the Magic Sizing brand of spray starch. I apologize if that reference is lost on most of you - I'm afraid I can't explain it any better because I don't know what Magic Sizing is supposed to smell like (other than a chemical version of "clean").

If you like Inez or Plastic Pink Flamingo (or the commercial fragrance Pink Sugar), I think you will really like Boo. But my bottle is off to swaps...

This was AMAZING, probably my favorite of the Weenies. No one that smelled it on me could agree on a description, though!

Wet, it smelled a little like burnt sugar and vanilla--yum! Once it dried down on my skin, I was delighted to find that I smelled just like marshmallow fluff! I've gotta admit that it's too sweet for me to eat it, but I've always liked the smell. As soon as my father smelled it on me, though, he declared that I smelled just like a snickerdoodle! Hey, I have no qualms with this.

Finally, I put it on for a hardcore night of partying (Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Disney!) and my friend said that I smelled like sugar candy and vanilla. :) Lovely. I shared some with her and I'm happy to tell you all that it lasted 'til the very end of the party, about 8 hours later--and in 96 degree weather, too. Super-long staying power.

Oh hi there, vanilla. :eek:

Jesus, this is strong. I have a couple decants of Modway and this...this beats it for yummy smelling deliciousness. It's in every way like Midway, except stronger and less sugary. There is waaay more bakery goodness in here.

Not that I mind, really, but I can't imagine wearing this in anything other than cold weather. In fact, wearing it on a day where you may sweat would be nauseating. If I wasn't such a lover of the foodie scents, I would send this off to ebay.

However, it's delicious and when you want to wear something wonderful and comforting, or you wish to smell like a kitchen after a baking fest, then this should be your go-to scent. I'm glad I have a bottle, but this will probably last me forever. :D

In bottle: Very sweet, like marshmellows or caramelized sugar

Wet: Sweet. I was afraid the vanilla might hit that death note of plastic, but it never did!

Drydown: Caramel.

Much later: Still smells like caramel. Which is fine but I was hoping for more like what the bottle smelled like. Off to the swaps pile and to someone who will love you better.

For some reason, I was instinctively drawn to Boo - I gave in and ordered a bottle unsniffed without even waiting for my (several) decants of it to arrive! I am now really glad I did, as I do love this scent!

In the bottle, Boo is intensely sweet vanilla, with the addition of a cream note that smells like the real thing - neither sour nor buttery, but somewhere in between. The fresh, crisp linen provides some relief from the sweetness.

On my skin, the various components combine beautifully into a heady, thick vanilla. It is very sweet but not sugary, which works very well with my chemistry. This is the kind of scent that could have turned plasticky, burnt, or fit for a 5 year old, but it really sings on my skin.

The throw is quite something, so use a light hand when applying unless you don't mind heralding your arrival with perfume!

In a way, Boo brings me back to the earlier days of BPAL, when scents didn't have a million exotic notes but were just as fun, intoxicating and mesmerizing as they are today. A classic in my book, and a must-try for all vanilla lovers.

In the bottle: Delicious sugar-drenched linen. I want to lick this!

Wet, on skin: It warms right up, and the spun sugar warms into sticky melted marshmallow.

Drydown/Dry: A nice warm vanilla has come out to play, and I smell rather like a melted vanilla cream marshmallow. The nice cool cotton keeps it from being too sweet.

Edited by ChildofTime

Cream, linen, and sugar are three things I like very much in other blends, but this was surprisingly boring on me. It's not bad per se, just dull, and a little more foody than I prefer. It's a sweet but not too sweet creamy scent. I think if this had a little musk or fruit or spice or something to darken or brighten it up a bit I'd like it a lot more.

In the bottle, this smelled glorious -- like sugar and caramel and butter, super-sweet and delectably creamy. I wanted to drink it, it smelled so delicious. Unfortunately, it smelled so good in the bottle that I was a little overzealous in the application. At first, the slathered Boo smelled just as delicious on my skin as it did in the bottle -- the buttery note calmed down into something that was more "thick cream" than "buttered popcorn", and while I never got anything particularly cottony, the sugar and caramel were so strong and sweet that I didn't mind. My stomach, however, wasn't as happy with the sweetness as my nose was, and after a while Boo started to make me feel queasy. Broken-hearted, I washed it off my wrist.

I didn't want to give up on it, though, and the next morning I tried layering it with The Antikythera Mechanism. Success! The sweetness and creaminess of Boo played beautifully with the vanilla smokiness of AM, and I didn't feel remotely queasy all day. I'm glad Boo plays well with others -- I'll definitely be wearing it a lot layered -- and someday I hope I can figure out the perfect amount for solo wear. The cream and caramel are pure deliciousness.

The butter note hits again! It's fiendish that out of my 4 new bottles, 3 have that rich butter note that on bad days can make me a bit queasy. Boo definitely has that milky-thick cream note with just a hint of sourness, mixed with some vanilla and butter. It smells like the most delicious, freshly made fudge ever, but this is another one that works in the kitchen but not on me.

Yum. This is a gentle soft creamy sugary vanilla. It's quite different, imo, in the bottle than what it is on my skin. I was worried that it would quickly fade away (like a ghost! LOL) but it's now a gentle sweet vanilla with hint of creamy sugar and the cotton note keeps it from becoming cloying or overwhelming. Boo is a keeper!

This smelled like those chewy, yummy, pieces of caramel at first but a second whiff, it packed such a bite my eyes started to water and itch. I can smell florals, bark, and something so very woodsy about it all. On the flip side, it's super creamy so I'm not sure what to make of it. I think I might like it? More or less, it definitely needs to age before I go trying it again. =X

I purchased Boo unsniffed based on the hype surrounding this oil. Unfortunately, I am one of those unlucky souls on whom Boo turned to sour burnt cream.

I am very sad :(

In the bottle: Very sweet and sticky. I think I can smell the cream, and something like caramel. Maybe that's the spun sugar.

Wet: Vanilla and cream. There's a touch of marshmallow fluff too.

Dry: Very like the desciption. I'm getting vanilla, cream, and cotton. No sign of the fabric softener I've gotten with cotton before. The cream threatened to go sour a few times so I'm not sure about this one and my skin chemistry.

Nice enough, but there are things I prefer. To the swaps I think.

Wet: I'm taken aback by how delicious this smells. I'm usually bored by the super-vanillacentric smells, or else turned off by their excessive sweetness. But this smells like creamy vanilla spun sugar and marshmallows. There's a hint of freshly startched cotton, and against all my predictions, I want to roll around in it.

Dry: A caramelized sugar overtone sullies the whiteness, but it stays pretty good for a while, and I start worrying that I'll have to track down more of this. But then... things go downhill. After twenty minutes or so, it's fully settled down and it's turned for the worse. The cream comes out, I think. Only it translates as curdled milk and butter. The cotton note amps up simultaneously, and it's weird when it's so prominent, like some sort of fabric softener. So, greasy butter smeared laundry with some tasty vanilla confection off to the side. Hrmph. Actually, as time wears on, the tasty vanilla is getting kind of... plastic.

Overall: Starts off delicious, ends up yucky. Oh well.

In the bottle - Thick, sweet cream. I'll lay money on this turning to ashes on my skin :(

Wet on me - Odd; a combnination of the clean scent of the cotton and the thick, sweet scent of the condensed milk

Dry on me - Soft, creamy, white and slightly musky with odd hints of coconut

Overall - It's an oddly delicate and refined take on the Halloween candy overload theme. I like it, but I prefer my pleasures a tad more gaudy. (on a plus note it's a rare cream scent that behaved on my skin)

Just yum. Totally sweet marshmallow smelling creamy goodness with a tiny spicy background on me. It starts off quite cloying but eases off to sugar sweet mallow like smell with the freshness of cotton.

Turns from sweet and yummy in the bottle to a sweet but almost cakey smell; like delicate white frosting on a cupcake. It seems to be constantly changing, now I smell caramel!

God I love this. 4.5 out of 5 (would be 5 but so early into my bpal testing I don't want to set the bar too high!):yum:

Oh how excited I was to get Boo from the lovely Hilary! And in the bottle, all I can say is it get a 3 on my grading scale. (3 being 'Yum!')

So I placed a drop on my skin. First thing I smelled was coconut. That confused me. I waited a couple of minutes and smelled again. Boo turned this strange powdery floral like smell with a hint of the coconut. I am asuming the powdery floral is the cotton. I am saddened by this, cause it makes my head hurt. So on my skin it gets a 1. (1 being 'I'm Not Hungry')

I didn't buy Boo when it was live, but fter reading all the reviews I was instantly remorseful. Then I got a decant in a swap and I was kicking my own arse for not getting a bottle and letting her slip by so I tracked down a bottle of LJ.... I am so, so glad! Boo is a nice thick, creamy, sugary scent. Wet, I do get a bit of the linen/cotton-y note for the first few minutes but that note disappears fairly quickly, but what's left is more than good enough for me - a creamy note that didn't turn or go plastic!

When Boo has dried down, I get lovely wafts of Eagle's Brand condensed milk, which I love so much, I buy a can every few months and eat it with a spoon, like yogurt *facepalm*. Boo is the ultimate cuddly food/skin scent! :wub2:

I got a decant of this in a swap and it's really very pretty! It's really, really sweet to the point that it makes my nostrils tickle when I sniff it closely. I get a little bit of the creamy vanilla that's in Plastic Pink Flamingo and that sweet, syrupy note in Sugar Skull. Add one dryer sheet to this and you have Boo. Fresh, clean vanilla and melted marshmallows swirled with cream.

In imp: Candy with a secret..

On skin: BPAL makes two types of candy scents( At least on my skin-)

They are either so sweet they could be called candy oil instead of perfume or in Boo´s case: They are adult candy meaning candy at first then layered on to a scent as complex and good that it is an instant party hit.

In the imp: toasted sugar and vanilla

Wet on skin: sugar and vanilla... yummm.... delicious and sweet

Dry on skin: more sugar and sweetness... very foody, obviously if you dislike foody scents you will not like this. For foody lovers, (like myself) I recommend!!!