Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Eerie billows of spun sugar, fluttering white cotton, and sheets of cream.

Yum! Sweet cream with sugar; no cotton for me, but that's fine; maybe a cotton candy feel, the spun sugar and all, but not linen syle cotton; sweet, candyish, and perfect for sugar goodie lovers!

This is like the sweet cream note from several BPAL blends (most recently the Nonae Caprotina blend) but sweeter. Unfortunately it goes to the dusty plastic note that some blends turn on my skin. I actually think it's a "cakey" note that fills out several sweet blends that does this. It stayed true on my clothes however. I have to say I"m a bit disappointed, but it's similar in feel to Antique Lace which is a tried and true fave, so at least I have that :D

This smells exactly like the sugary sweetness of TKO without the lavender. It's a cool vanillic kind of smell, not a warm one. I wouldn't call it foody myself, but it is definitely sweet. I don't get plastic here, but I don't know how often I would wear this on it's own. I may try using it to layer.

LOVE Boo. It's one of the two 'weenie bottle purchases I made and I got a decant of almost all of them. A milky, creamy, sugary goodness that I sniffed all day long. This one really lasted on me and eventually faded to a smoky vanilla. It smells like a starched cheesecloth over a bowl of creamy vanilla frosting or pudding. I think it will layer beautifully with others but on its own, it's lovely. ...I should have bought two bottles. :twisted:

Not reading this as Marshmallow at all.

This smells like Glowing Vulva to me. ick cream.

As a few reviewers have mentioned, I detect some Nonae Caprotina as well, it has the same sourness when it's wet. But it dries down to something that doesn't smell like Nonae at all, this is very sweet but somewhat warm as well. I don't get any marshmallows but I do get sugar, maybe burned sugar with cream? It smells really good but a bit odd as well.

I just got my bottle, i am totally confused...

Wet - hmm this smells exactly like a lighter version of Cockainge but lets see what happens on drydown...

Dry - Cockainge but slightly less spicy.

Does anyone else get this? I even put both scents on, one on each arm and yep almost the same to my nose. I really really wanted this to smell like cream and linen :(

This smells like caramel to me. In the bottle, it smells like caramel. Wet, it smells like caramel. The dry down? Still smells like caramel. I don't know where there linens are in this, but that note is absolutely lost on my skin. On the upside, I do like caramel.

I ended up with two imps of this, and I think I will keep them but two imps is probably the perfect amount of this scent for me.

It's funny. What I smelled after about two hours was Snow White (2008) -- that same frosted, sugary smell, with maybe a touch more vanilla. Not bad, but I already have Snow White.

At first it smells like Love's Philosophy, without the balsam note. Then it mellows to linen and cream, which is a lot more complex and clean than it sounds. It seems to be the same cream note that's in Zarita (which I am thrilled about! Most creams don't work on me), which is sweet and warm but not foody at all. A few hours later it smells just like Peeps marshmallows.

So basically, it has a long run being not-foody and then turns into Easter. I love it!

I was half-hoping this could act as a replacement for Plastic Pink Flamingo when my bottle of Flamingo is gone, but they're really different even at the final marshmallow note. Boo is a lot sweeter but I really like it. It's got great throw, too; not too much and not too little.

In the bottle, it's syrupy, fruity sugar. If I breathe in a little deeper, I start to get a whiff of delicious vanilla.

Wet: There's a slightly sour, fruity tang to this. Not really getting a lot of marshmallow- oh wait, there it is! it's very... fluffy smelling. Quite delicious actually! Though it smells radically different on my wrist compared to the back of my hand, which is very, very odd.

Dry: I get that slightly cheesy, plasticky note I got from the Box of Chocolates line :( Is it the cream? I usually love cream! I was really, really hoping this would work. I think I'm going to have to wait and try it again in a few days.

Wet, I smelled an almost cake batter-y note. As it dries, the spun sugar starts to amp up, and wow is that sweet. I like sweet and foodie perfumes, but wow. Wow. Luckily, after it's dried down, the cream and linen come forward to take the edge off the sharp sweetness and it's much nicer. The scent is still thick and sweet, but it's not so tooth-aching. It's good on its own, but I'm already thinking how well it will layer with other perfumes.

Edited to say that time's really helped Boo. It's lost the holy-crap-wow sweetness and now the linen has come out with the sugar and cream. I don't know the linen note per se, but it reminds me of Antique Lace so that is what it must be. Now it is a cross between Antique Lace and Love's Philosophy. And it is delicious.

Edited by Victory

This smelled like Midway Lite on me, from start to finish. Yummy, though not bottle-worthy.

This. Dead on. I love it, it's a cleaner, fresher Midway. Delicious! I may need another bottle!

Out of 10: 9

Antique Lace and Midway
are proud to announce the birth of their daughter,
to be nicknamed "Boo"

This gorgeous baby is BPAL's answer to Pink Sugar:
cotton candy with caramel and cream.
Height/Weight: Imp-sized, with better throw than expected.

(I need a bottle NOW! A decant is not enough. I'm crazy for this. :yum:)

Oh. My. God. So goooood my mouth is watering! It smells like all things fluffy, white and sweet! It begins as cool, clean, airy sheets encrusted with cotton candy, marshmallow, and sugar, then warms up to a snuggly cozy blanket with sticky cotton candy, gooey sugar, and melted, ever so slightly buttery marshmallow. It's simply delicious from start to finish, divinely foody, and I'm thrilled to have a bottle. A-1 stuff! :wub:

I'm surprised I haven't reviewed this yet, I've been wearing it pretty often since getting it! :)

I think I was going to see if the wet/bottle smell settled down any before reviewing. The backstory is that I had already ordered a bottle on the forum unsmelled, when a wonderful Meet N' Sniffer let me stick a toothpick in their bottle and give it a shot.

In bottle/freshly applied: This is where the roads part. The MNSer's bottle just smelled vanilla-y and sweet, though it is possible my nose was fried at that point. My bottle goes over the top into candy corn! Yep, candy corn. Not to worry, it dries quick on me.

Dry: Wonderful vanilla and the cloth does come out. This makes me happy. It is not too sweet or too foody, just enough so, and then the nice clean cloth. If my laundry was prepared by angels using laundry products never to be found on Earth, it might smell like this. Not a bad throw for stuff I usually like either.

In conclusion: Boo is awesome. I am planning on getting my last Halloween order in here and this is the first backup bottle I will get ever. Possibly two. I can't imagine ever getting tired of this.

In the bottle I smell burnt sugar and cotton.

On my skin it's a sour milk scent for about ten seconds. Then it morphs before my very nose into the most beautiful vanilla cream ever!

There's just a hint of cotton in the background.

Ahhh, I can't stop sniffing myself. Strangers are staring...but f&@% 'em.

Mmmmm...

When I first got this I was kind of disappointed - it was a bit sickening on my skin. I think part of the problem was that I was putting too much on. I think as long as I apply Boo sparingly we'll get on fine. It's a lovely crisp, light sugar. It's the sweetness of Xanthe, without the fruit, and with a bit of extra creaminess. I'm liking it a lot.

got a sniffie of this. foody scents tend to hate me, for the most part, but anyway: creamy, sugary white...pretty much how you'd imagine. this goes a bit plasticky, as many foody scents do on me (especially bpal's), but since it's subtler and less cakey, it kind of smells good. there is something slightly perfumey in the background (white cotton?) that kind of reminds me of skin musk, which really helps the plasticky scent. later on, after the cream/sugar fades, this is a soft, pretty, perfumey scent. kind of nice!

Edited by theseagrows

Add me to the list of those on whom Boo smells like Midway. Midway has a touch more funnel cake on me, but other than that, almost a dead ringer. I bought a bottle of this unsniffed and I think that will be (more than) sufficient, as I have two bottles of Midway Resurrected.

That does mean I like it a lot, as you might guess from having two bottles of its doppleganger. ;)

On me, Boo is the most cuddly clean scent ever. It smells exactly like taking a hot bath with something moisturizing - shea butter or oatmeal scrub maybe - then getting in bed with freshly-washed sheets and a really really soft blanket.

It stays totally true from bottle to drydown. It's exactly what I had hoped that it would be. I think I'm in love :wub:

Boo is a very nice creamy vanilla. I get the cotton when it's wet, but that slowly fades away. This is pretty much the same vanilla as in Snow White. I do get the resemblance to Midway and Plastic Pink Flamingo, though I like PPF a bit better. This is a tad too foody to me, but I'll certainly use it when I need a nice, comforting scent.

In The Bottle

Sour, buttery cream

On Application

Sugary cream

Dry Down

Very definitely spun sugar and cream. The cotton note eventually comes out to cut through the soft sweetness. Simple but so nicely conceived.

Rating (0-5)