Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Eerie billows of spun sugar, fluttering white cotton, and sheets of cream.

I've been coveting this scent for a bit, and even though my love right now is for my left wrist (where Lilth vs the Giant Crab is loving my skin), the right wrist is getting equal amounts of unbiased affection! I promise!

Bottle: Candy. I smell candy. It's the sugar. That's all I can smell, with a little bit of something underneath. I'm hoping it's the cotton. I want to smell some cotton!

Wet: Aaaand it's gone. Just gone. Poof. Like a ghost that's been caught. Where the heck did this thing go?!

Dry: It takes a few minutes, and I was too busy sniffing my other wrist to smell how it came to this state, but I happened to sniff my right wrist again after five minutes and BAM! Vanilla cotton. Sugary vanilla cotton. I like vanilla, but this one is just mouth-watering. I'm not getting so much sugar as I did in the bottle, which is a good thing for me, but it's still there making everything almost whimsical.

Love it. Keeping this bottle and using it as much as I can!

Sweet cream and sugar, gooey and sticky, defintely for the foodies. This reminds me very much of Velvet Unicorn. It has a roundedness to it, very full and almost like marshmallows, it's comforting too, makes me go "ahhh" when I sniff it in the bottle. It is very delicious wet; very yummy smelling indeed. But cream does not play well on my skin, and this turns sour. I suspect there is vanilla here as I get the dreaded burnt plastic in the dry down. Even applying this to my clothing alone still turns it plasticy once it dries down. Boo.

Edited by lilacea

This is quite lovely. This is that delicious top note that burns off my skin too quickly when I wear Floating Brain, Beaver Moon '07, and Teenage Cannibal.

Somehow it is clean-sweet without being too candy-sweet or too dryer-sheet-clean. Just a bright fresh marshmallow kind of scent, though not overtly "foody."

Finally getting back to testing and reviewing after a long absence!

In vial: Caramel chews? I think that's what sugar + cream makes me think ..

Wet on skin: Icky, sticky, chewy, gooey caramel ... mmm (:

Dry: A hint of clean sheets peeks out behind what now smells more like toasted marshmallow. I'm kind of hoping that in the time that it gets to waft about, it doesn't develop the buttery vanilla thing that goes plastic on me because that's what's stopped a lot of the foody vanilla blends working for me, but that might be from cake type foody things, and not cream-type ones?

Later: Hmm... it's kind of going a bit ... toastier, not quite burnt. Not sure where the clean sheets went after all that.

Overall I do rather like this - a decant will be enough for me, and I'm quite glad that I've found a delicious foody vanilla-ish scent that doesn't go to plastic!

Boo is delightful. Like some of the previous reviewers, I experience that slight sourness of the cream, but only until it dries. Then it's a faint sugary scent, like marshmallows. I've never tried Marshmallow Poof, but I imagine it's something like this. Soft, but lasts for hours.

You know how, in Killer Klowns from Outer Space, the clowns shoot cotton candy cocoons from their guns, and they envelope people? It's like that... only marshmallow-y.

Oh wow--this one, I love!! Sweet sugary cotton--like if you sprayed clean sheets with cotton candy! Light, and wears very close, but oh, this is pretty and gentle. Gorgeous and could be worn year-round.

From this I get cotton candy/sugar and buttery cream, I don't really get any cotton smell from this. To me it smelled exactly like cotton candy and cream, but my boyfriend said it smelled like butterscotch. Cream scents can go buttery on me, but this was really pleasant and foody- gorgeous. While it has the feeling of sweetness and girlishness, this scent is quite grown up and demure. It's a little sweeter than something I would normally wear but it's really nice to have around for days when you need something different. It had reasonable lasting power but it doesn't stay very strong.

This one is just... amazing! Sweet, creamy, lovely!

It is so soft on my skin, and I don't think that it gives off much of a throw. I think of it as more of a personal comfort scent. I think the SO will love this one because of its vanillaness.

Boo is a lot more milky than I thought it would be. I was expecting super-sweet frosting type cream, but I'm getting something more like milk and powdery, spongy marshmallows. Definitely no caramel or vanilla for me. I actually like that it's not as sweet as I speculated it might be, but it's also a little... flat.

It's a lot better and rounder in the decant, so I'm guessing it's skin chemistry that is making Boo feel so one-dimensional.

...straight up caramel corn in a pillowcase for me. :ack: Sigh...... but lambs wool is GOOOOOOOOD!! :joy: There's always one favorite at Halloweeen in your goodies isn't there?! (mine was always Baby Ruths growing up).

Awwwww. :cry2: I was all geared up to love Boo, since I adore Sticky Pillowcase, while that one was super sticky sweet and delish, Boo is sort of like last year's Milk Duds that have been run through the wash and then left out. I don't know why so many of these new scents I'm testing have this sourish tang to them. Again, it's not rancid and unbearable, but just off. I'm beginning to wonder if something is wrong with my nose. :(

Other opinions: my kids seemed to think it was okay... my older son says, "baby powder" lots of help he is! And my youngest just says, "it smells good! excellent!!". Not much help there either. My daughter says, "powdered sugar with a hint of caramel." It has to be my nose being off.

I didn`t like it at first but I gave Boo another chance on my locket, and it was total love! Now that it aged a bit I can wear it on the skin too. The starting creamy candy note is a tad too sweet for me, but after some time it trasforms in a more robust and opaque Midway for me, a candy cotton with amazing staying power and no doughnut. I can`t see myself wearing every day but i will enjoy it a lot when I`m in a spun sugar mood(often actually :lol: ).

Boo

In the Vial: That delicious sugary comparison folks are making w/ Midway!

Wet: Yes! Awesome marshmallow and sugar. Wait wait, what's happening? Butter is kicking in. Hmph.

Drydown: Popcorn. All. Buttery. Pop. Corn. Where did the sugar love go? Where are the clean sheets?

Verdict: Glad I got a tester, definitely won't be needing a bottle. Sigh.

I agree. At first this is kind of yummy- more caramelly and sweet sugar. However, I start to get a lot of the butter, and it morphs into a buttery, burnt-caramel popcorn on me. I can maybe smell some of the cotton in the background..but I have to really try. I'll stick with Cake Smash if I'm in a "foodie" mood.

2009 version

Boo is the boozy-ass-est vanilla in the WORLD the first few minutes after I put it on, but it picks up this weird cotton/coconut scent as it dries and that eventually takes over, leaving only a tiiiiny bit of the vanilla in the throw. It's okay but I'm not a huge fan of "cotton" scents so it's not a keeper for me.

If it had stayed all boozy and vanilla-y, it would be another story. That was delicious.

2010 version

Similar to last year's boozy-ass vanilla in the imp, with the same cotton sheet/coconut drydown of meh.

Edited by karen

Somebody left one piece of caramel in the bottom of the pillowcase I took trick-or-treating, and it's taken on a sort of vanilla-ish smell from all of the other candies that were in the bag. And the pillowcase itself, it smells like linen, but not like laundry, not like Wensleydale. Yummy. :)

Well apparantly ghosts smell like butter. Thick sweet land o'lakes with no freshness whatsoever. I felt like I needed to take a shower when I had it on but couldn't because I was in a room full of people who probably thought I just got finished milking a cow and churning it to sell at a country fair. Either that or I spent the night in a barn. Yuck'o greasyness. Yeah. Damn. Its nonae capricona (or however you spell it) all over again. I was really looking forward to this one too :cry2:

BOO 2009

(I'll do a proper review later)

I put this on a while ago, and initially it was all sugar.

now that a couple of hours have past, it smells very soft, creamy, and clean.

it's a very comforting scent.

Definitely very close to my Midway (original) with less of the plasticy note. Not at all like Sticky Pillowcase whatsoever to my nose.

Midway + milk + white sugar + cotton = Boo

This smells nice, but I prefer Midway.

I get no Sticky Pillowcase, either. This one waffles between delicious and plastic for five or ten minutes, then decided to be merciful and delicious. FINALLY. I tried Midway and some other sugar and milk blends before this one came along, and this is the first that works on me!

In imp: Midway (Resurrected), the crunchy sugar from Velvet Unicorn, lovely vanilla and light cream (not the heavy cream from Love's Philosophy). Actually, it might be condensed milk rather than cream!

Wet on skin: definitely the vanilla from Midway, with more sugar than cream. Light, sweet, delicate and really quite beautiful!

Dry on skin: sugar, condensed milk and vanilla, over the smell of a white cotton pillow case billowing on the washing line on a sunny day. It's a bit too bland and sugary for me to adore, but it lasts a long time and the throw is pure cake!

In the bottle: Just heavenly. There's sugar and cream, and just a hint of cotton. Marshmallows!

Wet: It's marshmallows in a cotton bag. :)

The dry-down: If you like Marshmallow Poof or Plastic Pink Flamingo or Velvet Unicorn, this is right up your alley!

Boo is an odd mix of sugary cotton and plastic. BPAL cream note invariably turns into plastic and the sugar adds a sweetness. There's this soft cotton note, this actually quite lovely, but combined with the cream, it makes me think of Barbie clothes.

Yup. Skin chemistry for fail.

Again.

I ordered a decant of this on a whim - I didn't realize I'd adore it so much!

Boo is a simple scent, but it's totally awesome all the same. It ends up being a lightly creamy sugared vanilla with cotton (you can smell the cotton). The cream doesn't turn sour or weird in any way, it's just sugary creamy cream that I want to lick off my skin. Yummm! Boo stays a bit too close to the skin, but when my wrist and nose meet, it smells so good... a scent locket would be good, or regular and generous reapplications to get some throw out of it. Yum! Like others have mentioned, it's sort of like marshmallows, but even nicer in that there's nothing dry or powdery about it. It needs a bit of slathering, but it does last on the skin for quite a while -- the throw is light, the length of wear is going on long.

Big bottle(s) ahoy! It's just so yummy and cuddly and comforting. I think this has great layering potential with a huge variety of other scents.

:wub2:

Yum.

:huh:

Marshmallow? Reading some of the reviews, I would have loved marshmallow in this but I definitely did NOT get marshmallow. The cream went really wonky on my skin. Almost like it's rancid. Maybe I was having a bad skin day or something.

Setting aside for another day to test.

:ghost: = :sad: