Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Juliet's Silk

Pure by Jil Sander

Ah I need your help!

Now, I own over a dozen BPALs or so that I love sooo much. Unfortunately, my boyfriend isn't so excited about them. Sure, when I ask him whether he likes a scent or not he'll say "oh it's nice"; but he never comments on his own.

Now, I also own a couple of perfume bottles from "before-BPAL", which I usually don't use - I do like the scents, to some extent, but this distinct chemical smell of them... hmhm. Anyway, when I was in a hurry a couple of days ago I grabbed one of those bottles and sprayed myself with it.

It's Pure (femme) by Jil Sander

The bf noticed it right away. "Wow you smell great!!!" and now whenever I wear it he'll hug me tight, sniff at my neck, doesn't want to let go.

Uhm.... yay?

The worst is... it's the one of my perfumes I like the least, it's somewhat ozoney, chemical perfumey smelling... sigh. Nothing at all like the scents I prefer (like, Snow White, Alice, you get it).

So... maybe you can help me find a) maybe a BPAL that is similar to it and b ) find out why my bf likes it so much. There has to be a note in it he loves, but we don't know what and I can't find a note description on the internet, so I don't know what's in it.

Please help that I don't have to endure the Pure smell for much longer, I get headaches from it :thud:

Edited by Juliet's Silk

I found this:

Jil Sander Pure Perfume by Jil Sander, It has fragrance notes of coriander, galbanum, bergamot, aldehydes, carnation, tuberose, gardenia, rose, oakmoss, styrax, leather, and vetiver.

Whew, pretty varied notes there!

Have you tried Stormclouds Over The Midway for an ozone scent? I have no help really for you as with notes that varied and not having smelt it, it could smell like anything.

Oh thanks, at least I do have the notes now. Now, if I only knew what is the dominant note in there... to me, it smells like... perfume. Ick. :ack:

Too bad that it doesn't smell like roses and carnation at all... I love roses and carnation. :wub2:

Apart from that, it does resemble Szepassony a bit, I think, with the perfumey scent and all. I think I'm going to compare the notes just now. :)

Edited by Juliet's Silk

Sign in to follow this