Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sistinas

Daylilies at the Bottom of the Stairs

Varnished oak flooring and flattened daylilies.

In the bottle, it is is very pleasant. The smell of lilies rising to your nose, with a touch of greeness in the background.

Once applied to my skin it is very green, like as if I am smelling the stem of the flower only, but I occasionally do get a waft of the flower as I m typing this review.

The scent has dried and it has morphed into a clean but very lightscent. It has just a light green and floral scent left. I really like the smell Daylilies in the bottle more than I do on my skin, so I think I will wear in my locket or in my hair. On a scale of 1 to 5, I will give it a 3.

eta I have found that as I have given this scent more time for wear, the floral is beating down the green scent. It is still very light, but does come across as clean as it used to. I still stick to my first observation that I would perfer to wear this in my scent locket or in my hair as I prefer the bottle scent better. Edited by Shollin

One of the 2 WKAP scents I had time to snag at Comic-Con and I really like this. Delicate, clean, lilies and greenery and after several hours it comes up again with a gentle wave. Really lovely.

This is really pretty. Clearly a floral, but there is something underneath the lilies that really does sort of smell like varnished floors, there's just a hint of oak and then something a bit sharp (smells like shellac I think?). It sounds a bit weird but it's really nice. In the bottle it smells exactly like I remember wood shop smelling (more the chemicals than the wood though), but once it tries it morphs to mainly floral. The lilies and the varnish compliment each other really well oddly enough.

The only disapointment I have with this scent is that it fades very quickly.

In the bottle: Very green, slightly sweet floral. I get a bit of a woody smell in the background, but it's very faint. I get more grass than anything else.

Wet: Smells pretty much like it does in the bottle. Very pretty. King of reminds me of the scent 'Ralph', except it's not as sweet and heavy. Ooh, I also get Gap's 'Grass' from this. This smells more like a perfume than an oil, I guess, is what I'm trying to say.

Dry: Doesn't lase very long. Already fading, smells pretty much the same from bottle to drydown. Not much morphing here.

Overall: I prefer the 'Occurance at the Diner' scent more than this because that one lasts longer on my skin. But this is pretty. Daylilies and grass. Crisp, fresh and light.

To me this is a floral with a soapy quality to it.

Not super unique and not too far off from a Glade scent. I wanted to like this one a lot more that what I actually do.

In the bottle this is a gorgeous lily scent with a hint of oak and varnish (but in a pleasant way). While still wet, it retains the same mix as I got in the bottle, but as it dries down the lilies turn more soapy on me and the varnish becomes sharper. This faded relatively quickly. I am going to let it settle and re-test.

My skin turns this into super potent dryer sheets! Unfortunately, I can't pick out lilies from this (unless lily=dryer sheet..). Also, not detecting varnished oak.

Guess we weren't meant to be!

I really had high hopes for this one because lily scents usually work on me( except Black lily *shudders*). I do get a nice lily in the background, overshadowed by soap. I'm really glad I bought a decant of this & not a bottle. The soapy smell is very strong & not in a good way.

Call me disappointed. :cry2:

In the vial, and just applied, this is an intense and realistic juicy green scent, full of of crushed stems and lily pollen. I can clearly smell the oak note underneath; it's reminiscent of the varnished flooring note in Pulcinella and Teresina.

On me, this is Unfortunate Daylily Incident at the Bottom of the Gasoline Can.

The lilies stay green and lovely, but the oak flooring note turns into something... wrong. Menacing, even. As I did my grocery shopping last night, I thought I'd maybe tracked in gasoline from the parking lot on the wheels of my (clingwrap-free) shopping cart, because I kept getting this faint but stomach wrenching whiff of something as I tooled up and down the aisles. To my horror, I realized it was DATBOTS. It's like missing the final step at the bottom of an olfactory staircase, and staggering into air.

Disappointing chemistry. Not the fault of this blend. It will delight someone with better-behaved skin.

Edited by bheansidhe

Lilies and oak. I am beginning to think that BPAL's oak note and I don't get along, as this smells like floor polish, which it is supposed to. But I find that particularly unpleasant on me.

Mr. zee_zee liked the lilies though...

Very fresh, floral blend that doesn't change wet to dry for me. There is a sharp, bitter green note here that makes this whole blend smell like you are standing in a cooler in a florists shop. I rather enoy this, it's not heady, but rather refreshing.

i bottle- green green. But I like it. Which is rare. With some floral in the background. I got nothin for oak, but i do smell the varnish

wet - green, with varnished oak. I swear this. It's like being in a house where the oak floors have recently been redone but not on the spot. No floral though. The oak/varnish scent isn't bad on me (certainly not gasoline), but, it's a little wierd. With my wrists away from me, amusingly enough, i get floral! Apparenly it has throw but is overpowered upclose! (and wow is it PRETTY).

dry - The varnished oak has settled down. It's a nice mix of green/oak/varnish/lilies. Yes. I said varnish was good. I'm not kidding. It's insane (and I've no hesitancy of calling out when a blend is totally hated on me). However, only the lilies seem to have throw. A lot of throw. So pretty.

Rating - 8/10 for wearing (This is one of the only green scents I've tried that works on me, at all).

Room/Locket Scent? - No

Bottle Buy? I want to!

Edited by Prism

DayliliesSS.jpg

This is a very nice, fresh lily blend with very little oak in it -- at least, so it starts out. As it sits on my skin, the blossom part of the lilies gives way to the leaves ands stem: lots of green, both leaves and sap. Finally, when the dry-down finishes up, the wood appears in a soft and subtle way, though never overpowering to the lilies. All in all, a good blend to wear when the weather clears up, the sun is shining, and it's warm enough to stay out in your yard to enjoy the fresh air. 2 of 5 stars for this one.

When I first put this one, the lily was very strong and rich.. just like a fully bloomed lily or freesia, slightly sweet but very strong. As it dried, the green comes out in full force with a very 'fresh' tone to it - kind of like the blast of green cleanness that I get from something like Squirting Cucumber. Gradually, the two merge back together so that the lily has softened and the green has mellowed out.

The wood doesn't really make an appearance until about 15 minutes in, and I can't say that I ever got the 'varnished' aspect of it - just a nice soft oak that provides a nice background to the fresh floral of the lily and greens. It does fade fairly quickly, but it fades in a way that keeps the nice smells - it doesn't just disappear.

I'm glad I got to try this, but it isn't something I'd wear - just way too floral for me - but any lily lovers should definitely try it. I think it's more for wearing with a flouncy floral dress and strappy sandals, on a sunny spring day then for laying broken at the bottom of the stairs though :)

Lily notes are usually fantastic on me (creamy, sweet, soft floral) or else they turn to soap. I don't really smell anything like lily in this scent, though, soapy or otherwise.

Daylilies at the Bottom of the Stairs is a harsh, chemical-y smell on me. I get a hint of greenery in the bottle, but not on my skin. It reminds me of a cheap, metallic hairspray smell, or a harsh, musky, chemical/alcohol-heavy perfume from the 80s. I can smell a bit of the oak in the drydown, just adding a dark, dry wood smell underneath the harsh chemicals.

This smells to me like some sort of harsh chemical that I shouldn't be breathing in. It's way too sharp for me. I think that this is my least favorite of the WKAP scents.

I sniffed this at a Trunk Show a loooooong time ago. Just now found my notes...

Aquatic, oddly enough. Hint of soap that must be the lily.